The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S46-E12 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-13-24, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S46-E12 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-24 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

“Mamma Bear”

I wonder why they spelled Mama as Mamma?

I assume “Mamma Bear” has to be Maria!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S46-E12 Press Release Sheldor 05-13-24 1
 On Fire: The Final Several Sheldor 05-13-24 2
   Voted Out With Idols Sheldor 05-13-24 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-13-24, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S46-E12 Press Release"
Storyline
05/9/2024

IN ONE OF THE MOST EMOTIONAL REWARD CHALLENGES OF THE SEASON, CASTAWAYS FIGHT FOR THEIR CHANCE TO WIN LETTERS FROM HOME, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 15

“Mamma Bear”In one of the most emotional reward challenges of the season, castaways fight for their chance to win letters from home. Alliances begin to crumble and individual plans emerge after players compete in a race of balance, speed and puzzle skills to earn immunity and a spot in the final five, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 15 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on-demand for Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers, or on-demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. Jeff Probst serves as host and executive producer.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=109804-in-one-of-the-most-emotional-reward-challenges-of-the-season-castaways-fight-for-their-chance-to-win-letters-from-home-on-survivor-wednesday-may-15

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-13-24, 08:59 PM (EST)
2. "On Fire: The Final Several"

The Final Several
The Official Survivor Podcast

May 9, 2024
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snX8tJ8kYyM

Audio Only: http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-final-several/id1673596832?i=1000654996956

Forget a friendly game of hide and seek, now the castaways are all about idol hunting. Jeff explains how production re-evaluated how they show the idol hunt, while Dee shares the reality of a days-long search in the dense jungle. “Survivor” is all about taking calculated risks — from picking reward companions to betraying allies — any decision can change the course of the game.

Then, Jeff breaks down why the final week is crucial and tackles a listener's question on the not-so-beloved Rites of Passage ritual. Jeff might need more snacks as tribal council chaos continues!

05-13-24, 09:04 PM (EST)
3. "Voted Out With Idols"
Jeff Probst weighs in on all the Survivor 46 players who got voted out with an idol in their pocket

The host says that getting blindsided and not playing your idol doesn't make you a bad "Survivor" player.

By Sydney Bucksbaum Updated on May 8, 2024 10:18PM EDT
http://ew.com/jeff-probst-weighs-in-survivor-46-players-voted-out-with-idol-8645681

For the third time in a row, a Survivor 46 player has been voted out with an idol in their pocket.

Watching Hunter McKnight and Tiffany Nicole Ervin get blindsided and sent home without using their idols didn't stop Venus Vafa from falling victim to the same thing in the very next Tribal Council. But host Jeff Probst doesn't think that those three players — or anyone else who has ever suffered the humiliating fate of being voted out without playing their idol — made a mistake. While discussing this week's episode on his On Fire with Jeff Probst podcast, he explained that it's actually due to "great game play" from the people orchestrating the blindside.

"When players are playing at this level, the blindsided player never knows it's them," Probst says. "And I know from the couch you might think, 'I would know,' but I doubt it. Getting voted out with an idol is rarely due to a truly bad game decision by the player. Ninety-nine percent of the time, it's the result of great gameplay by the other players. That's why it's called a blindside."

But Probst's co-host, season 45 winner Dee Valladares, puts more of the blame on the ousted players. "Ultimately, it was a mistake," she says. "A mistake equals a wrong judgment, right? They misjudged the accuracy of the information that they knew before Tribal, and I'm willing to bet that each one of them thought so hard about whether or not to play their idols, and unfortunately not playing it resulted in Jeff snuffing their torch. That's a regret that's probably going to last with them even after the game, so it was a mistake, really, because ultimately it led them out of the game."

Probst immediately counters that he doesn't think it's a mistake, because that kind of judgement only comes with hindsight. "And I know that I've never played, so I am ripe for criticism to even have a thought on this," the host admits. "I get that, but I do have the viewer seat, and what I see is ... I'm thinking of Hunter, when Tribal got crazy and he looked at Kenzie and said, 'I just don't want to be played.' And Kenzie said, 'No, you're not.' In that moment, he doesn't know if Kenzie's telling him the truth but nobody else is, or if everybody else is telling him the truth but Kenzie's lying, so he has to make a decision. It's hard to judge it as a mistake rather than great gameplay by everybody else, which is why you thought you were safe when you weren't."

Probst goes on to explain why he doesn't believe that getting voted out with an idol in your pocket makes you a bad Survivor player.

"Holding an idol is so appealing — from the couch, it's very easy to say, 'You should always play your idol, guarantee that you stay in the game another day,'" he says. "But if you're playing to win, then you're always making calculated risks. That's the cornerstone of any Survivor strategy. You need to be clear about the risk you are taking. Sometimes you get lucky, your instincts were right, everything works out, but more often you're going to make a mistake and it will hurt your game in some way. Hopefully not in a fatal way."

It goes back to Probst's favorite strategy that "you can't win Survivor by playing to not lose."

"So getting voted out with an idol in your pocket doesn't make you a bad Survivor player — it makes you a risky Survivor player who either didn't read the room correctly or didn't have the right information, which is most likely," he adds. "But either way, you made a calculated risk that you were going to be okay so you didn't play it. It's a huge part of having an idol, to play or not to play. When in doubt, play the first time as though you're playing for the second time because second time players never say, 'Woulda, coulda, shoulda,' and the Hall of Fame is filled with great players who have never won Survivor."

To hear what else Probst had to say about this week's episode of Survivor 46 — including Maria's rock, paper, scissors decision and why he keeps feeding the players at Tribal Council — check out On Fire with Jeff Probst.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •