The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45-W04-E04 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4236 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-12-23, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45-W04-E04 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-23 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

“Music to My Ears”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S45-W04-E04 Press Release Sheldor 10-12-23 1
 Jeff: Idol melting at TC Sheldor 10-13-23 2
 On Fire: The High Highs and The Low... Sheldor 10-14-23 3
 Testing Reply Sheldor 10-18-23 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-12-23, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S45-W04-E04 Press Release"
Storyline

10/12/2023

TRIBES MUST DIG DEEP IN THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE TO LAND A WIN AND EARN SAFETY FOR ONE MORE NIGHT, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 18

“Music to My Ears”Tribes must dig deep in the immunity challenge to land a win and earn safety for one more night. Then, one tribe is sent to tribal council where someone will be the fourth person voted out of the game, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 18 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on demand for Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. The show is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=108613-tribes-must-dig-deep-in-the-immunity-challenge-to-land-a-win-and-earn-safety-for-one-more-night-on-survivor-wednesday-oct-18

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-13-23, 08:16 AM (EST)
2. "Jeff: Idol melting at TC"
Jeff Probst reacts to that idol melting at Survivor Tribal Council

"When she puts it in the fire, yes, there is a part of me going, 'This is fair, right?'"

By Dalton Ross
October 11, 2023 at 09:30 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-45-jeff-probst-tribal-council-sabiyah-idol-melting/

Tribal Council is an iconic part of Survivor. And while the Tribal Council set may change each and every season, one thing that always remains is the fire pit that sits in front of the contestants nervously awaiting their fates to be delivered by host Jeff Probst. But the aforementioned fire pit became more than just a cool-looking scene-setter and lighting tool on this week's episode of Survivor 45. It became a tool in the game.

Sabiyah Broderick of the Lulu tribe had found a hidden immunity idol that was encased in wax that needed to be melted away in the tribe fire. The problem was, Lulu had lost every single immunity challenge, meaning they had no flint, and therefore no fire with which to melt the wax. So Sabiyah went to plan B: bringing the wax-encased idol to Tribal Council and placing it in the fire so it could melt off during Tribal.

Jeff Probst on 'Survivor 45' | CREDIT: ROBERT VOETS/CBS

It was a sequence of events that Probst and his team never saw coming. "We never considered that somebody would find this idol and still not have fire, and then be smart enough adapting to use the Tribal Council fire," the host and showrunner says on Survivor's official On Fire podcast. In fact, as it was happening, Probst had to internally double-check with himself if it was even allowed. "When she puts it in the fire, yes, there is a part of me going, 'This is fair, right?'" Probst says. "Because all the note says is, 'You've got to burn the wax.'"

Probst ultimately gives the player props for showing such ingenuity: "I gave Sabiyah a lot of credit for saying, 'Yeah, the only fire I have in my life right now, Jeff, is at Tribal when I'm going to vote somebody out.' I thought it was really cool."

Little did Sabiyah know at that point that the idol was only good for that night's Tribal Council. However, if she chose to give up her vote, it would extend the idol's power up until all the three tribes moved to the same beach. That twist forced Sabiyah to make an immediate decision while at the voting urn.

"I thought it was really interesting that you then get to see Sabiyah, she's just accomplished this amazing goal, and she's got it, and she's got her vote back," Probst says on the podcast. "Now she goes up in the booth and you watch her in real time read the note and realize, 'Oh my God, this is only good for one Tribal unless I give my vote up again.' But because she had gotten the idol, she had gotten her vote back. So it was this great rising tension in the drama, and she decides to make a big time move and risk it. Which really, you have to, right? I mean it's an idol. You've got to go for it."

Sabiyah did indeed go for it. Unfortunately, she did not know that Emily Flippen had informed Kaleb Gebrewold that Sabiyah had turned on him, so the two flipped the vote back on Sabiyah. Had she not used the idol and sacrificed her vote, it would have been a 2-2 tie, and who knows what would have happened. Instead, she did not vote and was voted out 2-1.

To hear Probst and cohosts Rick Devens and Jay Wolff also discuss the new Godwill Advantage and everything else that went down this week on Survivor 45, check out the latest episode of On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast.

10-14-23, 05:28 AM (EST)
3. "On Fire: The High Highs and The Low Lows"

The High Highs and The Low Lows
49 minutes | Oct 11, 2023
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-high-highs-and-the-low-lows/id1673596832?i=1000631031199

How do you know if someone is lying if you haven’t had an opportunity to test their loyalty? When a tribe like Lulu continually faces Tribal Council, trust gets tested with each vote. But for tribes like Reba and Belo who have yet to cast a vote, insecurities only grow as time goes on. Jeff, Jay and Rick dig into Survivor 45 episode 3 which was full of emotional highs and lows. The “Lulu losers” finally win a challenge, giving Kaleb the all-new “Goodwill Advantage” designed to forge future alliances. Speaking of goodwill, Drew’s strategy of sharing his wins is paying off when Kaleb gives him the reward — will Drew come for Rick’s record for advantages won? After all, it’s not about how many advantages you win, but what you do with them...like Sabiyah barbecuing an idol at Tribal...

Jeff also shares how they created the elaborate hunt for the Idol — despite the plans, he has no sense of how it will all play out. It’s a true testament to the show’s production teams, whose next-level cinematography skills bring the emotion of the Survivor experience to the screen.

10-18-23, 07:16 PM (EST)
4. "Testing Reply"
Testing if Replies are working...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •