The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nashville Star 6/23 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Nashville Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

whimsey 4402 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-23-08, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nashville Star 6/23 "
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-08 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

Well, folks, join me to see which Nashville Star tradition will fall to the NBC gauntlet. How much can they dilute an authentic country and make it generic and vanilla.

Starts with Billy Ray says they're going to shake it up by asking 2 contestants to step forward. Takes 30 minutes to have Tommy (USN) and Gabe (San Antonio,TX).

Gabe is top votes....

Tommy is bottom 2.

John Anderson in the audience, woo hoo!

Hope Mindy's hubby is ok.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Theme of the Night whimsey 06-23-08 1
 Gabe Garcia whimsey 06-23-08 2
   RE: Gabe Garcia whimsey 06-23-08 3
 Pearl Heart whimsey 06-23-08 4
 Alyson Gilbert whimsey 06-23-08 5
 Ashlee Hewitt whimsey 06-23-08 6
 Coffey whimsey 06-23-08 7
   RE: Coffey Glow 06-24-08 16
 Laura and Sophie whimsey 06-23-08 8
   RE: Laura and Sophie Glow 06-24-08 17
 Danity Kane whimsey 06-23-08 9
 Shawn Mayer whimsey 06-23-08 10
 Melissa Lawson whimsey 06-23-08 11
 Justin Gaston whimsey 06-23-08 12
 Tomy Stanley whimsey 06-23-08 13
 Final two whimsey 06-23-08 14
 Should have ... whimsey 06-23-08 15
   RE: Thanks, Guys!! mindy23 06-24-08 18
       RE: Thanks, Guys!! Glow 06-24-08 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-23-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Theme of the Night"
The theme is "Pop goes Country".
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-23-08, 08:35 PM (EST)
2. "Gabe Garcia"
Sings "Livin la Vida Loca"

Slows it down and country's it up. Starts out with acoustic spanish guitar.

WTF there are dancers - dancers! Very Solid Gold.

06-23-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Gabe Garcia"
Judges say he "Turned his Texas", whatever that means.

06-23-08, 08:46 PM (EST)
4. "Pearl Heart"
Doing B-52's "Love Shack".

Came across well, but it seemed a little Petticote Junction to me.

06-23-08, 08:50 PM (EST)
5. "Alyson Gilbert"
Singing Tiffany's "I think we're alone now".

Starts out shaky, very shaky. Slips into the beauty queen stance. She is so not better than Charley. Judges did.not.like.it.at.all.

06-23-08, 09:01 PM (EST)
6. "Ashlee Hewitt"
Ashlee does Britney Spears' "You drive me crazy".

That's how you take pop and make it country. Nice. She is really too Jewel-like in her presentation.

Course, I never thought Jewell was country.

06-23-08, 09:10 PM (EST)
7. "Coffey"
Singing Rhianna "Umbrella". I really don't like this song, anything would be better than the original.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-24-08, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Coffey"
This guy is horrible.

Surfkitten summer sig shop 2008

06-23-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
8. "Laura and Sophie"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-08 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

NEXT!!!

Thank you for coming.

Nice arrangement by Jefferey, though.

06-24-08, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Laura and Sophie"
"Madonna cupcakes" bwah.

I like these girls but I can't be forced to believe they're among the best that tried out. hmmm. That goes for like 10 of the "top" 12.

06-23-08, 09:34 PM (EST)
9. "Danity Kane"
Monkees
Dave Clark Five
Color Me Bad
O-town
Danity Kane

Nice to see women have broken through the glass ceiling.

06-23-08, 09:41 PM (EST)
10. "Shawn Mayer"
Singing N'Sync "Bye Bye Bye"

Dance with back-up dancers -- go girl!

Puts some "stank on it", but not quite country. Good job, though.

Jeffery thinks she will leave because of this performance. Jewell wants her to stick around for original song night.

So.do.I.

06-23-08, 09:51 PM (EST)
11. "Melissa Lawson"
Singing Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors"

She puts it all out there. Should not have done the kids/family background story (5 kids) lost 67lbs.

Absolutely wonderful voice and energy.

06-23-08, 10:00 PM (EST)
12. "Justin Gaston"
Another Cyndi Lauper "Girls just want to have fun"

Oh my. Damn dancers. Nice conversion job, much props. Don't know if it will save him.

06-23-08, 10:06 PM (EST)
13. "Tomy Stanley"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-08 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

That was so not Nashville, but that was absolutely great. Not "country" but great.

The styling was very much Rock Star: INXS. Beautifly done for that. Except for the dancers.

eta clarification.

06-23-08, 10:14 PM (EST)
14. "Final two"
are:

Justin Gaston and Tomy Stanley.

and the one going home is.....

Justin Gaston.

06-23-08, 10:21 PM (EST)
15. "Should have ..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-08 AT 10:23 PM (EST)

gone tonight - Danity Kane.

Laura/Sarah - sad , just sad. So far out of their league.

Shawn Mayer - Oh honey, no.

Either should have been in the bottom 2, or voted off.

Praying for Mindy's hubby.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-24-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Thanks, Guys!!"
Appreciate the prayers from all over the country!! WOW!! He's doing better, still just don't know what's causing all this clotting that's going on....but is better now that he's on coumadin. At least he hasn't had any small strokes THIS week! Whew!

Anyway, yeah-not crazy about those stupid dancers. That is so NOT Nashville, to me, anyway! I was raised on 33's, and listening to C&W on the radio, so the dancers are just such a turn off. Can't imagine ole Hank with dancers in the background! He he...

I think Gabe and the Blonde and the dark-haired girl are the best so far. Darn, I'm bad at names! But you all probably know who I'm talking about. Stage presence definitely goes to the girl who did "Bye Bye"!! Blew it out of the stadium! IMHO, anyway. Sometimes I wonder about these judges and their 'country bones'! WHATEVER!!

It was time for Justin to go. Will miss his perty face, that's for danged sure! I'm certain he'll show up on a CK commercial somewhere-check out your future Vogue or Haper's.

06-24-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Thanks, Guys!!"
*good thoughts for Mindy and DH*

Gabe, Ashlee and Shawn. Shawn did "Bye Bye".

DH kept calling Justin my boy. I have no idea why. I never said he was good or even had any potential to be good. I guess it's probably because he's pretty and I'm shallow. Although I did think his take on GJWHF was a huge improvement. Too little too late indeed.

I won't say who I do like because I am a jinx. I'm pretty sure producers read these boards and cut my faves. *seals lips*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •