The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"5/11 Katecentric episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"5/11 Katecentric episode"
It is late and no spoilerish stuff in this post anyway. Did anyone find they were more confused about Kate after the episode than before it?? There is still something really large we are not being told in her backstory.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode TeamJoisey 05-12-05 1
   RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode AugustGirl 05-12-05 2
       RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode FarmBoy 05-12-05 6
       RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode Devious Weasel 05-12-05 11
           RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode FesterFan1 05-12-05 17
   More Kate questions FesterFan1 05-12-05 18
 Yawn zombiebaby 05-12-05 3
   RE: Yawn FarmBoy 05-12-05 7
   RE: Yawn Alchemist 05-12-05 8
       RE: Yawn TeamJoisey 05-12-05 15
           RE: Yawn PhoenixMons 05-12-05 20
               RE: Yawn Devious Weasel 05-12-05 21
                   RE: Yawn J I M B O 05-12-05 23
                       letter blacknwhitedog 05-12-05 26
                           RE: letter J I M B O 05-12-05 29
               RE: Yawn KLicK 05-12-05 31
 RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode Risti 05-12-05 4
   RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode Devious Weasel 05-12-05 12
       ITA PhoenixMons 05-12-05 19
   RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode TeamJoisey 05-12-05 16
 RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode FarmBoy 05-12-05 5
   RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode Alchemist 05-12-05 9
       RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode FarmBoy 05-12-05 10
       RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode PhoenixMons 05-12-05 14
       RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode calamityc 05-12-05 22
   RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode tn_peachie 05-12-05 27
 I Was Impressed Devious Weasel 05-12-05 13
   RE: I Was Impressed J I M B O 05-12-05 24
 People at hotel AnaNg3 05-12-05 25
   RE: People at hotel J I M B O 05-12-05 30
 From another message board zombiebaby 05-12-05 28
   RE: From another message board Devious Weasel 05-12-05 32
       Hmmm.... zombiebaby 05-12-05 33
           RE: Hmmm.... mrc 05-12-05 34
           RE: Hmmm.... Devious Weasel 05-13-05 36
               RE: Hmmm.... AugustGirl 05-13-05 37
       The car that hit Locke TeamJoisey 05-13-05 35
           RE: The car that hit Locke FarmBoy 05-13-05 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-05, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
We still don't know what crime she committed, but it must have been serious.

We know she was in love with her childhood sweetheart and feels responsible for his death. It was his toy plane that inspired her to set up the bank robbery we saw early in the season. We know they buried the time capsule on 8/15.

We know her mother was surprised and not happy to see her, and called for help when she realized Kate was there.

We can assume she was on the run from the law for some time because she had a trunk full of license plates. She also was pretty deft about getting into an unused motel room to color her hair.

We saw she's pretty good at hand-to-hand combat because she decked the hospital security guard quickly and easily.

We know the Sawyer-Kate-Jack love triangle is dead.

I'll assume we're not getting many more answers about Kate this season.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-05, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
She also made a comment on the time capsule tape about wanting to run away, and Tom replied she always wants to run away. I can't recall the words she used, but at the time it made me think her childhood was not happy.

Just speculation on my part, but perhaps she was abused? I wonder where her father is/was?

Was it her mother who was being guarded at the hospital? I can't believe it would be a coincidence that there would be another patient needing protection at the hospital the same time Kate was trying to visit her. Were they trying to protect Mom from Kate? If so, why?

Argggggghhhhhhhh!

Too many questions.

Oh yeah, we also learned her given name is Katherine Austin.

bounce by Icey.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
I took it that the cops were in the hospital to catch Kate if she showed up to try and see her mother.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
I assumed she killed her father. It would explain her mother's reaction.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
That was my initial thought, as well, but hasn't she said things earlier in the season about fishing/hunting w/ her father as a child? It would seem that she had at least a fairly close relationship w/ her dad. So, either it was a close relationship that got too close, or it could be a step-dad/other family member.

Regardless, it's gotta be murder, and it's gotta be someone in her family.

Fester

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "More Kate questions"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-05 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

How did the plane get from the backseat of a wrecked automobile in Iowa to a safety deposit box, that was clearly not hers, in Arizona?

Who else besides Kate (and the deceased Tom) would think the plane had any value?

How did Kate come to know the whereabouts of the plane?

Why did she think it was worth risking her life (let alone her freedom), and the lives of at least 3 others, to retrieve it?

Fester

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Yawn"
I found this to be a very dull & boring episode.

Also it appears it was her idea to tell Sun to try & poison Jin and/or Michael.

Question- did she retrieve the plane from the back seat?

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

05-12-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yawn"
She left it. (Got it on tape.)

Doesn't she retrieve it from the safety deposit box during the bank robbery?

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yawn"
I remember seeing the plane onthe back seat when she bolted from the car and I don't remember her reaching back for it. So how was in her back pack on the beach.

Alchemist

05-12-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Yawn"

She did leave the toy plane on the seat of the car when she ran.

Later in life, she persuaded a gang of robbers to take the bank so that she could retrieve the toy plane from safety deposit box 815.

And the toy plane was in the locked case full of guns that the marshall had been carrying. Jack and Kate dug up the pilot to get the key.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-12-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Yawn"
Yup. I'm just mostly curious about what her initial crime was...why she was on the run in the first place. Her mother sure was freaked out when she saw Kate by her side. I wonder what it was that Kate put her mother through...was it just the criminal thing (whatever she was on the run for at the time)...I'm thinking that Kate offed her father (or step-father, perhaps). Perhaps he was abusing her...the 'running away' theme seems to suggest some sort of abuse.

Got blog?

05-12-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Yawn"
Put me in the "Kate abused by father/stepfather" camp.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Yawn"

i like the outdoors and all, but put me in some other camp.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "letter"
Who sent Kate the letter at the beginning that she picked up at the motel? That made her cry- I'm assuming how she found out her mother was dying from cancer. I don't think it was from the doctor-ex-boyfriend. Who knew how to track her down? Her dad?

05-12-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: letter"

and she knew to ask for it...hmm. maybe the guy she robbed the bank with? seemed to be a flame there, but why the knowledge about her mother? the tape said she always wanted to run away, maybe she ran away with someone from her home town and they happened to hear about her mom.

i'd suspect her dad also, but why would he know where she was planning to hide out? maybe they're close despite her fugitive status.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Yawn"
I think it must be more than "just" killing a member of your family.

She's been running for over two years based on her not knowing about Tom's daughter. Would there be that much security (and that type of police response) to capture a murderer that is not likely to kill again? If she killed her abusive family-member, it would probably be considered "a crime of passion" and she wouldn't be that big a threat to society at large. I'm not saying it isn't a big deal to kill your family member, but most women who kill don't pose a threat to the general public.

I think it's more than that. Maybe she was involved in some sort of mass murder cult or a boyfriend was a mass murderer. Maybe he even ended up in a mental hospital in CA!

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
There was also the freaky Walt bits... He touched Locke's arm, and then jerked away - sight of what's to come upon touch, perhaps? Anyhow, he apparantly knows about the Hatch, without ever being told. Even more freaky, IMO, however, was his new insistence that he and his dad have to get on the raft. With my theory about how the people on the raft stumble upon 'the others' when they take off, it really makes me wonder if perhaps Walt has already been contacted by them. We know Michael wasn't able to keep track of him 24/7...

Also... anyone else notice Mr. Newface? A high school science teacher? Sounds like a character who would be just perfect to have around for the second season. High School science teachers generally need to know a fair amount about a pretty broad range of things. He could be a good guy for them to keep around as a random knowledge box - someone to go to when you need someone to explain things like the changing weather this past season. I predict seeing him be able to tell all sorts of things - like how to set up basic machinery(pulleys, levers, etc. - all physics), improvise on growing penecillin and such as medicine dwindles(biology - Jack knows the theory, he has the practical side of being able to figure out a way for high school students to do it themselves in a lab), and a general weather/geology guy for as they 'explore' in the second season.

Anyhow, my prediction is that he's more than a red shirt to kill off in the finale. I could be wrong, of course.

05-12-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
That was the new recurring character.

I got the feeling Walt wants off the island because he knows that the hatch is going to get opened and that being out at sea in danger is preferable to being on the island when the hatch opens.

05-12-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "ITA"
Someone (sorry, I forget who) mentioned something earlier about Pandora's Box...I think after last night's episode, that is a very plausible theory. Perhaps opening the hatch reverses all of the previous 'good' the island has done (Charlie kicking the herion, Locke walking, etc.) or perhaps it is worse than just reversing good. I'm with Sayid on this one...if there is no handle on the outside, there's a reason you're not supposed to get in. I'll take a seat on the raft or start making my own, thankyouverymuch.

As for Walt, he definitely saw something he didn't want to see in that hatch. It freaked him out enough to want to leave the island even though he wanted so desperately to stay before that he'd burn down the raft. Did he see the "monster" or did he see the hatch and the troubles that would come as a result of opening it? Or both? Or neither? Ah, I love this show (even crappy Kate episodes are better than anything else on TV)!

Got blog?

05-12-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
It's The Professor!!

Bring on the coconut bicycle generator!

(And hey, we already have a millionaire. He needs a wife.)

Claire = Mary Ann... Shannon = Ginger?

05-12-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
5. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
I agree. I expect that once her "original" crime is revealed, it will be something in which she is morally innocent, but technically guilty under the law. That way, Sawyer/Jack can forgive her and love her anyway.

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alchemist Click to send private message to Alchemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"

Well on her way to career criminal.

1. Original mysterious crime
2. Responsible for friends death
3. Bank Robbery
4. Did the Aussie farmer die while she was staying there? Can't remember that far back.

Alchemist

05-12-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
10. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
She caused him to wreck the truck trying to escape from the Marshall. We don't know if he died in the crash or not.

05-12-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
The Aussie farmer died in the car accident while Kate was trying to get away from the marshall. Kate grabbed the wheel (I think) and they drove off the road and into a ravine or ditch or something. Kate tried to save the farmer (she was probably having flashbacks from Tom's death at her hands) - she dragged him out of the car and tried to drag him up the side of the hill/ravine, but then she saw the marshall and had to take off. This is way back from the first Kate episode, so I could be a little off, but this is how I remember it going down.

Got blog?

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
It seems like Kate is a very unlucky person to be around! One of the reasons I had more questions than answers from the episode is that I just don't get the sense from the portrayal of the character that she is evil. But I do get the impression that escaping is more important to her than any person (including her first love). Based on her Mother's reaction I am going to guess it might have been a stepfather she killed that set all this in motion.
Agree that she is going to be understood in some way to allow the Sawyer/Jack connection to resume. I think it is too important to their plot to just let it go.

tn_peachie 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tn_peachie Click to send private message to tn_peachie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 5/11 Katecentric episode"
If her friend died when she was escaping from the police, she would be legally guilty of murder. Depending on what we don't know and Iowa state law, running from the police could be a felony and any death connected with the commission of that felony would be considered felony murder.

05-12-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
13. "I Was Impressed"
Except for the longhorn cattle (I can't say for certain there are none here, but I never see any), they got all the Iowa touches right. (Which is more than can be said for the current season of 24.) They had Iowa license plates, Iowa state trooper uniforms, and the background looked enough like Iowa to be acceptable. (Note to the producers of 24 - there are no mountains here, and nothing that looks like desert.) I figure the setting was Davenport (most likely) or Des Moines. I would have said Iowa City, which would be way cool, but there's no way the ex boyfriend's wife would be staying in Cedar Rapids for a few days - she would just make the 15 mile drive back and forth.

05-12-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I Was Impressed"
ok, so a major tangent from lost...but speaking of 24 let-downs, is it me or are they completely lacking any thought in their writing?

marwhan is this highly intelligent bad guy...yet he continues to 'hide out' within driving distance of the los angeles counter-terrorism unit? wtf?

i didn't notice the iowa rockies. exactly the kind of carelessness i'm talking about though. horrible.

AnaNg3 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AnaNg3 Click to send private message to AnaNg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "People at hotel"
Call me crazy but I though that the people at the hotel that Kate stopped at to dye her hair looked really familiar. Did anyone recognize them???

05-12-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
30. "RE: People at hotel"
not particularly, but i wouldn't be surprised. i was more interested in why nobody noticed someone changing license plates on their car in broad daylight!

05-12-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "From another message board"
Don't know where to put this so I will put it here!

Someone had posted the pictures of the cars that hit Locke(in parking lot), Michael and then the one that hit Kate. In all 3 pictures the car was the same a gold Pontiac or something.

Can someone find the pictures so we can check this out?

05-12-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: From another message board"
Michael

Kate

I couldn't find a cap of Locke getting hit, but here's a cap right before he gets hit. That car looks awfully similar.

05-12-05, 06:57 PM (EST)
33. "Hmmm...."
another mystery to ponder?

Thanks for finding these!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Hmmm...."
WOW!!! That is intriguing!

*shivers*

A Nefarious Dice Creation

05-13-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Hmmm...."
I asked the guy at the obsessive fan site and got this answer.

QUESTION
Did the same car that hit Michael hit Locke and Kate?

ANSWER
It appears the same car was involved in all three accidents. Whether this is relevant to the plot or not isn't known at this time.

I don't see how it would be relevant, but it almost has to be, doesn't it?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Hmmm...."
I don't see how it would be relevant, but it almost has to be, doesn't it?

The fact that the same car was involved in three accidents with three separate people who all wound up stranded on the same island has to be relevant. Has to be. Or maybe not.

If memory serves me correctly, Michael was hit in NYC, Locke was hit in LA, and Kate was hit in Iowa.

That car sure gets around.

My brain hurts.

05-13-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
35. "The car that hit Locke"

05-13-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
38. "RE: The car that hit Locke"
That car is having quite a career as the "bad guy".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •