The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Neil Armstrong (82)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-12, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Neil Armstrong (82)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-12 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

He truly went where none had gone before.
Rest in peace.

link corrected, that was fast.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/25/13478643-astronaut-neil-armstrong-first-man-to-walk-on-moon-dies-at-age-82?lite>;

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) Estee 08-25-12 1
   RE: Neil Armstrong (82) dabo 08-25-12 2
       RE: Neil Armstrong (82) Estee 08-25-12 4
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) Starshine 08-25-12 3
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) Molaholic 08-25-12 5
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) dabo 08-25-12 6
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) bondt007 08-25-12 7
   RE: Neil Armstrong (82) cahaya 08-25-12 8
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) VisionQuest 08-25-12 9
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) kingfish 08-26-12 10
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) kidflash212 08-26-12 11
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) michel 08-26-12 12
 RE: Neil Armstrong (82) Puffy 08-26-12 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
Given that no one is allowed to move on without having the Commentary section on their article turn ugly, let's predict how the trolls and attackers will go after him. Will it be 'first man to walk on a soundstage'? 'Wasted millions of taxpayer dollars'? 'Intruded where only God is supposed to be'? Pick your stupidity, because someone else already did.

08-25-12, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
They seem content for the moment griping about the original mistaken headline. Lance has been mentioned a couple of times, if that counts.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
The hoax claimants have now appeared. Also liberal-bashing (because it's MSNBC and everyone there practices extreme sodomy which gives them AIDS-related dementia and yes, someone said that) and people who are partially blaming smartphones for the decline of America.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
When all of us are dust and gone he will still be remembered. Such an incredible achievement, I think that these days we don't appreciate just what a big deal this was.

WARNING BAD LANGUAGE I think this sums up how I feel about the moon landings

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
RIP Neil.

You were an inspiration to millions, including this particular Space Geek. Thank you for you service to our nation and to All Mankind.

08-25-12, 05:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
“While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves.

“For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.”

Statement from the Family of Neil Armstrong

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/25/13479053-internet-responds-to-death-of-neil-armstrong?lite

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-25-12, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
Godspeed, Neil...

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-12, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
Godspeed, Neil.

Twelve years old, I watched him take the first step of humankind on a world other than our own, and now he is in the next world.

Oh, the memory! Should I be ashamed to say that I have tears in my eyes now?

Surfkitten Summer sigshop 2008

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-25-12, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
I can't imagine being that brave to do what he did.

RIP

>Eyes of March by Agman

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-12, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-12 AT 09:59 AM (EST)

RIP Neil.

He (and Buzz Aldrin) was at the tip of an incredibly dangerous NASA spear, the right man at the right time, and in the right though unbelievably exotic place.

His bio, "First Man" is informative and includes his version of the competition between he and Buzz as to who would be the first out of the lander. NASA, of course, made that decision, but Buzz was not happy with being designated second. I listened to the audio book version (9 hours) during an 11 hour drive, and it was one of the most enjoyable horribly long drives I've ever made.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-12, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
A true inspiration to me and many others.

Rest In Peace Neil Armstrong

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-12, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"
RIP Neil.

The most amazing thing about the whole lunar expedition was that humanity had learned to fly just 6 decades before. I was 11 years old then so that was the biggest event of my lifetime.

Puffy 6703 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-12, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Neil Armstrong (82)"

I'll simply add an "amen" to all these heartfelt comments.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •