The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-10, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
I think I want to spend a few of my tax refund dollars on a carpet shampooer (& is it funny that I immediately thought of Boo when I typed that?

Anyway, do any of you have your own?
What kind do you have?
Is it the best?
What do you recommend?

I usually rent the rug doctor thingy at Kroger. It's about $25 or so. I have to get it back to them within 24 hours or pay more. So I usually try to pick it up late on Fri nite so I have all Sat. I have to my carpets and then Moma's. She has 2 rooms w/ carpet; I have 4 (that I shampoo). The job wears me out! It's non-stop all day and just about kills my back.
If I had my own, I could do one room at any time I wanted.

Also, I have no idea what they cost; haven;'t done a bit of research yet; gonna do that this weekend.
But OT is expert on so many things.....so.....

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

I'm leaving now, but will bbl.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning weltek 03-12-10 1
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning DearAbby 03-12-10 2
       Husbands and carpet cleaning weltek 03-14-10 10
           RE: Husbands and carpet cleaning jbug 03-15-10 15
 I am of two thoughts... byoffer 03-12-10 3
   RE: I am of two thoughts... jbug 03-12-10 4
   RE: I am of two thoughts... Tummy 03-15-10 21
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning VisionQuest 03-12-10 5
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning Riordan 03-12-10 6
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning qwertypie 03-12-10 7
       RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning Riordan 03-14-10 12
           RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning qwertypie 03-15-10 19
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning Asrai 03-12-10 8
       RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning qwertypie 03-13-10 9
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning weltek 03-14-10 11
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning Riordan 03-15-10 13
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning samboohoo 03-15-10 14
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning mom2bjm 03-15-10 16
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning jbug 03-15-10 17
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning qwertypie 03-15-10 18
       RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning jbug 03-15-10 20
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning grit 03-15-10 22
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning jbug 03-15-10 23
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning weltek 03-16-10 24
 RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning Estee 03-16-10 25
   RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning jbug 03-16-10 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
I swear I don't mean anything by this, but check the archives. I asked this question about a year or two ago. Might be worth reading. We also read a lot on epinions.

We ended up with a Hoover SteamVac. Lots of times the models change year by year. We are happy with it. I think the models that heat the water are best, but we decided to go cheaper and we just boil a huge pot of water to start and fill from there. A PITA, really.

Look for one that has an easy set up for small spot cleaning. Our Bissel "Little Green Machine" died and we now use the big guy for spots. It's sort of bothersome, as the attachments are different for spot treatment and require a little switcharoo.

It's a worthwhile investment, IMHO. We only do ours a few times/year.

-A Tribetastic Creation

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-10, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Our Bissel "Little Green Machine" died

My condolences. The LGM is the best investment we ever made. We* use it 3-4 times a month.

For cleaning a whole room, we* use the carpet-cleaning attachment for our Rainbow vacuum cleaner. Of course, if you don't have a Rainbow vacuum cleaner, it won't do you any good!

Readin' with tribephyl

*By "we," I mean DH!

03-14-10, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Husbands and carpet cleaning"
For some reason, carpet cleaning is one chore Nolay always volunteers to help with. I am just the "dump & refill" girl. I'm not complaining.

-A Tribetastic Creation

03-15-10, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Husbands and carpet cleaning"
Alas carpet shampooing is one of the few chores (launfry being another) that DH doesn't do. It's not that he doesn't offer; it's just too hard on his back. I dump; he refills

He's wonderful with vacuuming tho (it can be done in small spurts - a bit at a time). So he does actually help by vacuuming ahead of me & the shampooer.

a Syren special

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I am of two thoughts..."
... and you won't like either one.

1. Is it your third date? </Grey's Anatomy reference>

2. Apparently working on the carpet is not recommended while one is driving.

03-12-10, 08:31 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I am of two thoughts..."
I am of two answers

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

don't watch Gray's so have no clue...

& to answer Weltek,
I'll go see what I can find. Thanks

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-15-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I am of two thoughts..."
OMG - that is too funny!

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-12-10, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
While I have no carpet presently (and I am not referencing Byoffer's meaning of carpet - or am I?), but when we did,I used a Bissell Steam Cleaner that we borrowed from DH's parents. It worked well. I loved dumping the dirty water and feeling like my house was extra extra clean. Some problems - cleaning the machine was a pita. Hair and dirt seemed to get clogged in places that you couldn't get to. It got leaky after it was about two years old, but still worked. That's all I got. Good luck with your search.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-10, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
I have a Bissel ProHeat. I managed to get it for under $200 on sale. It has lasted about five years & has been well worth it IMO. But it has not held up extremely well. This or that little piece has broken, but it still works. I broke the floor/hand tools switch (entirely my fault). I would replace it, but I am getting ready to replace my carpets with hardwood. I like the convenience. It is always here and ready to use. Spot clean or whole house. With three dogs & a kid, it has gotten a lot of use. Before I broke the hand tools switch, I used it to clean the seats & floorboards of my car too.

Good luck & happy cleaning!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
How did it compare to a rental rug doctor?

03-14-10, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Actually, I've never used one, so I can't compare. Too much trouble to lug them home from the store & I couldn't get past the ick factor that they aren't cleaned between rentals.

03-15-10, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
*adds another thing to be grossed out about that I never worried about before*

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
When I was with my ex, we had our own janitorial service. We would clean residential and business carpets with a carpet scrubber, then use the carpet extractor. He still owns the business. If he were closer, I'd have him do your carpets for me. He's in Indiana, though!

Currently, GF and I have a LGM for spots and 'accidents.'

*SQUEAL-worthy Capn2patch creation*

03-13-10, 00:08 AM (EST)
9. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Yeah, Edmonton is even farther. And I would hate to see a grown man cry.

Our carpets have taken alot of abuse over the years.

03-14-10, 10:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Over the years I've had more durability trouble with Bissel and Dirt Devil products than I care to count. As a general rule of thumb, I won't purchase them again if I can help it. Just my two cents.

-A Tribetastic Creation

03-15-10, 07:25 AM (EST)
13. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
The March issue of Consumer Reports rates vacuums & carpet cleaners. (pg. 48) Top pick: Hoover Dual V Steam Vac, $270.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-10, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Yay, a post about me. Oh, wait. I see.

I have some sort of Hoover shampooer that I bought at least 10 years ago. I've only shampooed the carpets at this house once, and we lived here seven years. It's just too much work for me, so I call Stanley Steemer if I need them done.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-15-10, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"

Bought my own Hoover SteamVac several years ago - love it - that I can use it whenever I want and not have to go rent! Haven't really used the hand tools that came with it, but love the carpet cleaner.

03-15-10, 10:20 AM (EST)
17. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Too many choices!
Definitely want heated water....
The rug doctor is way too expensive.
Looking at the Bissells and Hoovers.
Wish I could go into a tore and actually try one out! I have the same issue with vacuums; I want to push the thing around on some carpet to see how easy or hard it is, but...

Still have to convince DH it is a good investment. The man can pinch a penny tighter than a june bug!
Unless of course it's for a new gun toy.

Crusin w/ Tribe

Boo should send me her Hooover...I promise to give it a good home - one where it will be appreciated and not neglected.

03-15-10, 11:26 AM (EST)
18. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Maybe you can get one with a gunrack attachment

03-15-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
20. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
are you a redneck too?

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-15-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
My husband broke my Bissell Big Green Clean Machine a while back. He swears he didn't but all I know is the motor was in one piece when he took it to the dojo to clean the carpets and it was broken when he brought it back.

But I digress.

We bought a Hoover Platinum with Max Extract back in December. It was on sale at Kohl's and I had a 20 or 30% off coupon, plus I ordered it through Bing and got another $40 cashback so I got a sweet deal on it.

Anyway, I cleaned all of the carpets in my house and really liked using it. With my old Bissell, I really had to press down on the nozzle to get good extractions. This thing has pretty good suction. Plus, there's a heater on it which works really well. And the Hoover has rotating scrub brushes. I didn't have that on my Bissell. Love this thing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-15-10, 08:06 PM (EST)
23. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
Sissy told me today about a site to check out
nextag.com
not just for cleaners - for lots of stuff.
very interesting place

03-16-10, 11:47 AM (EST)
24. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
I agree that the rotating scrub brushes and great sucking power are my favorite things about the Hoover. If we'd have bumped up to the water heated version (your platinum probably has it) and if it weren't for the clumsiness of hooking up the hand tools, I'd have zero complaints.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-10, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
What do you recommend?

Hardwood floors.

03-16-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
26. "RE: OT Advice on Carpet Cleaning"
If I had my way, that would be my choice.
Just had new ceramic tile put in the kitchen & hardwood in our bathroom.
DH however likes carpet

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •