The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Advice - Boss duped me "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Advice - Boss duped me "
This is the oddest thing and I don't quite know how to deal with it. Keep in mind boss is on vacation and not reachable until next week.

Valentine's Day - Unbeknowst to me DH ordered beautiful Valentines Day flowers to be delivered to my office.

I arrive home that evening and he asks where the flowers are. "What flowers?", I reply. "The flowers I had sent to your office".

So, annoyed that my flowers weren't delivered I had DH call the florist that night and cancel the order.

The next day I was working from home. I decided to place a call to the florist to confirm the flowers were never delivered, DH had cancelled, but if they were interested in making it up to me in the name of good customer service, then I would be at my home address.

I love this florist and it would not be unusual for them to take care of this.

A gorgeous bouquet of flowers arrives that day. Stunning!

A few weeks pass and our credit card bill comes in, with a charge from the florist. I call the florist, leave a message that I don't think we should have been charged.

No return call back.

I called again today and spoke to the manager.

Here's where it gets weird.

The manager said the flowers were delivered to the office on Valentine's Day and were signed for by my boss. The manager had the correct name.

The manager then informed me my boss then called the florist back the next day and told them he forgot to give them to me so could they please deliver another bouquet to my home.

He put the charge on his credit card. I have confirmed that there is indeed, a charge on his credit card.

No-one in the office remembers flowers being delivered to the office on Valentine's Day. And my boss never, ever mentioned this to me at all.

I thought the bouquet that was delivered the next day was the apology from the florist.

Do I confront the boss upon his return? Do I ask him to reimburse me for the original bouquet to make up for what's he's done?

I'm really hurt and confused because the only way I can resolve this is to believe he stole my flowers to possibly give to his wife. And that is not part of his make-up. Not only is this guy my boss but I consider him a friend as well.

Tribe Spring Fling

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me Ahtumbreez 04-01-08 1
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me aquariaqueen 04-01-08 2
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 4
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me aquariaqueen 04-01-08 15
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 3
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 5
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Seana 04-01-08 8
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Seana 04-01-08 9
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me aquariaqueen 04-01-08 17
                   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 18
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 19
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me newsomewayne 04-01-08 6
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 13
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 14
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me newsomewayne 04-01-08 20
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 22
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me newsomewayne 04-01-08 25
                   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 27
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me Seana 04-01-08 7
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Ahtumbreez 04-01-08 12
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Seana 04-01-08 36
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me frodis 04-01-08 10
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me mrc 04-01-08 21
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Tahj 04-01-08 28
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Silvergirl1 04-01-08 32
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me newsomewayne 04-01-08 11
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 16
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me miamicatt 04-01-08 23
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 24
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me miamicatt 04-01-08 26
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 29
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me txriverwillow 04-01-08 30
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me Riordan 04-01-08 31
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me Breezy 04-01-08 33
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me bullzeye 04-01-08 35
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me syren 04-01-08 54
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Scuba Steve 04-01-08 62
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me mysticwolf 04-01-08 34
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 37
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Tahj 04-01-08 38
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 47
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 39
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 44
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 49
                   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 50
                       RE: Advice - Boss duped me PepeLePew13 04-01-08 61
                           RE: Advice - Boss duped me miamicatt 04-01-08 63
                               RE: Advice - Boss duped me qwertypie 04-01-08 64
                                   RE: Advice - Boss duped me AyaK 04-02-08 65
                                       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Brownroach 04-02-08 66
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Brownroach 04-01-08 43
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 45
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me frisky 04-01-08 48
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 58
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me miamicatt 04-01-08 40
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me Snidget 04-01-08 41
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me Max Headroom 04-01-08 42
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 46
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 51
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-01-08 52
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 53
                   Sorry. Max Headroom 04-01-08 56
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me maroonclowns mom 04-01-08 55
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me bullzeye 04-01-08 57
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me byoffer 04-01-08 60
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me blacknwhitedog 04-01-08 59
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me AyaK 04-02-08 67
   RE: Advice - Boss duped me Maroonclown 04-02-08 68
       RE: Advice - Boss duped me mavs_fan 05-05-08 71
           RE: Advice - Boss duped me mysticwolf 05-05-08 72
               RE: Advice - Boss duped me mavs_fan 05-05-08 73
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me qwertypie 04-02-08 69
 RE: Advice - Boss duped me LookeeLoo 04-03-08 70

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Before I'd get too twisted about it I'd want to hear his side of the story first. Just ask him, when he gets back.

Agman took me to the islands

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Wow....

You're about 6-7 weeks late with this issue. Has he been gone all this time, or is it because you just found the charge on your bill?

I would somehow let him know you're on to him, theft is still illegal in our country.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

04-01-08, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I just found out about 1/2 hour ago simply because I've been trying to get the charge reversed on my credit card bill as I was still under the belief that the flowers I got the following day were an apology from the florist.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I guess what baffles me is that he thought you wouldn't find out????? Duh, whoever sent you flowers would surely ask you about getting them if you didn't thank them for them first.

Did he really think he could get away with this?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Another OTer already tricked me with an April Fools joke today. No way am I falling for another one.

Given the co-workers you have described to me, I would think your boss would be low on the suspect list.

04-01-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
My boss was the one that signed for them. First and last name confirmed.

Dead mothers and booze hounds aside

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

Just for the sake of argument, I could sign your boss's name to stuff too.

ETS: If I knew it, which I don't, but your co-workers do.

04-01-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Oh, but then there's the charge on his credit card isn't there?

Nevermind.

The smutty books arkie recommended have made me stupid. *sigh*

04-01-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 10:17 AM (EST)

How did the florist get that credit card number and how does the poster know about it?

****Nevermind, I just re-read the original post. Sorry.

04-01-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
My boss called the florist, ordered new flowers and put it on his credit card.

Having been his Exec Asst for many years, I have access to certain information.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Okay, so maybe you are telling the truth. Think about the consequences of your actions going forward.

1. You call him out. I know you like your boss, and I think he has been pretty good to you. He might admit to it and apologize/laugh, but what happens if he gets offended by the insinuation? Could that end badly, and challenge your relationship going forward?

2. You let it go. You know there might have been something funny that happened, but in the end he tried to make it right (albeit a day late). Maybe one day you can pull this out when you need the ace up your sleeve.

Maybe he sent the flowers to the dead mother's funeral??

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'd guess that since the florist made the delivery they were supposed to make - your office on Valentine's Day - that they did not cancel your husband's payment. And since your boss was charged for flowers - to your house - the only thing that did not happen that you expected to happen was you did not get free flowers.

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

04-01-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Not quite, Newsome.

MC didn't get the flowers delivered to her on Val Day, and Mr. MC didn't get the benefit of having the flowers delivered to MC on Val Day!!

14. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
the only thing that did not happen that you expected to happen was you did not get free flowers.

It goes deeper than that.

DH and I agree not to be to expectant around things like Valentine's Day, so it didn't faze me that I didn't get flowers.

What really bugs me is my hubby went to an effort to surprise me because he loves me, and to see the look of disappointment on his face that night after work was awful.

He tried to do something really nice for me and he thinks that he failed. And that is unacceptable.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Well that just proves my point further.

You were not expecting anything for V-Day. Later, after the fact, you were expecting free flowers and did not get them. It seems to me that this is when you became troubled about the issue, otherwise you probably would've confronted the boss about it earlier.

I think your looking to place malicious intent where there is none. The florist did their job. They delivered flowers to your office, as they were contracted to do. Once the delivery is signed for, their obligation is done. I see no reason they should give you free flowers. Your boss, otoh, did not hold up his obligation to you and deliver flowers from his hand to yours, which is what he agreed to do when he signed for them from the florist. Apparently he tried to make up for that by buying additional flowers to be sent to your house, a noble gesture, I would say. Much better than a "I screwed up, here's $30."

I understand the disappointment. But I honestly think we're looking at a molehill here, not a mountain.

04-01-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I agree the florist did their job. They have their proof.

It seems to me that this is when you became troubled about the issue, otherwise you probably would've confronted the boss about it earlier.

See above. In trying to get the charge of the flowers that were not delivered on VD, it was only this morning that I found out about what happened.

I haven't been sitting on this for a month! Credit card bills come after the fact.

You're mixing up assuming I'm a whiny little princess to the much larger issue of feeling somewhat betrayed by my boss, and knowing my husband did something really nice for me and thinks he failed.

And, FWIW, I will shower him with hugs and kisses when I get home tonight.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "

>See above. In trying to
>get the charge of the
>flowers that were not delivered
>on VD, it was only
>this morning that I found
>out about what happened.

Okay, my bad. I got the order of things happening wrong. I thought you had called about the order and knew what the boss had done a month ago. Whoops!

>
>You're mixing up assuming I'm a
>whiny little princess to the
>much larger issue of feeling
>somewhat betrayed by my boss,

Not my intent, at all, so, I apologize for the miscommunication.

Incidently, I would still ask the boss about things when he gets back. BTW, I'm a little confused. Are you his Exec. assistant, or is somebody else? Or does he have two?

04-01-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I was his Exec Asst. Got promoted so now he has another.

Apology accepted about the whiny princess thing - although I do have my days.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:02 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'm really hurt and confused because the only way I can resolve this is to believe he stole my flowers to possibly give to his wife.

I can't think of anything else it could be either. Goodness. I'm not sure how I would go about it, but I wouldn't just leave it be, personally. I don't like to think people are untrustworthy and this would just eat away at me until I knew for sure.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
See I'm thinking maybe he dropped them and broke them. Couldn't get another delivery being VD and didn't want to tell Maroon....or.....

*shrug I don't know. I just hope there's a silly explanation and it's ok.

04-01-08, 12:35 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
You're right, of course. Reading your and others' possible embarrassment/silly explanations makes me feel a bit more hopeful for MC. I can usually come up with all kinds of reasons why someone would do something that seems really wrong. Just this time I couldn't.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Maybe he just felt really stupid for forgetting to give you the flowers, so he never mentioned it. It would be extremely weird for him to plan to steal flowers to give to his wife, especially since he was able to send flowers to you - he could have just sent flowers to his wife, too.

He already tried to pay to have flowers delivered to you - not sure it makes sense to ask him to reimburse you since he already tried to do that.

I'd ask him about it but not in an accusatory way. I have a feeling he just goofed up and feels like an idiot for it, so he never mentioned it and hoped that all was made right by his arranging to have the flowers delivered to you the next day.

A springy surprise from Tribe!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'm with Frodis. There could be a simple explanation that involves his embarrassment.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Me three. What your boss did was completely inappropriate and I would definitely want to know what happened. He ruined what should have been a lovely occasion for you and your husband.

It sounds like you know him well and would know the best way to approach him in a non-confrontational way. I might say that I just discovered a bizarre set of circumstances having to do with flowers on Valentine's Day. What happened?

It's a Tribe!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "

*sits next to Tahj*

OTOH, I would have been livid over this. What a cruddy thing to do, whether it was intentional or just an oversight. Your boss owes you more than replacement flowers, and he should have mentioned the oversight to you earlier. It doesn't sound like he's a very good friend to me.

Tribelicious, 2008

04-01-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Questions -

1)Were you at your office all day on Valentine's Day?

2)Do you have a receptionist who usually takes deliveries?

04-01-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Yes, here all day - It's a large, open concept office with entry from elevator only - there's no way a delivery would get missed unless it was intercepted in the lobbby downstairs.

His Exec Asst would be the first person to see anyone come into the office and she doesn't remember seeing any flowers either.

Tribe Spring Fling

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Yes, yes he did steal your flowers.

I can picture it now -- the flowers arrive while you are out and as your boss is signing for them he's making small talk with the delivery person. "I wonder what these are for..."

Then his heart fills with dread and his pants with poo as he realizes "OMFG it's Valentine's Day and I completely forgot".

Knowing he couldn't possibly make it out of the office and anywhere in time to get something worthwhile, he makes a snap decision. In a panic, the fool steals your flowers to keep from getting the beating that surely awaits him at home should he show up empty handed.

I would take pity on the poor sap for now and leave it alone. Wait until much later when y'all are out having a fun lunch or something to make a joke about it.

Things could get really awkward and weird if you bring it up -- best to just eat the cost of the flowers for now and try to laugh a little about it.

It is kinda funny when you think about it -- what a tool.

04-01-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Ya know, having you call him a tool has made me feel a little better.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
And just think -- YOUR man would never do such a thing.

04-01-08, 10:49 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Nope, he wouldn't. He's a keeper.

Same as yours.

Tribe Spring Fling

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I agree, you know now what kind of tool he is, you have this lovely little nugget of info on him (wait, submit it to one of those worse boss contests!) and you can't gain anything in the workplace by asking him about it.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-08, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

Write it up and submit it to Reader's Digest. If it gets published, leave a copy on his desk.

eta: Your suspicions are probably correct. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I keep reading this as, Boss dumped me.

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I keep reading this as, Boss dumped me.

MC was dating Bruce Springsteen? I am always the last to know these things.

An Agman!

I would pretend the whole thing never happened MC. Good bosses (and friends) are a rare commodity.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
So do I. I kept thinking, okay where is the dumping part.

Warcrack, it's not for kids.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-01-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
That was my first thought too. I wondered if MC was keeping something from us.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
After reading your post and most of the responses I have a question for you, which could lead to an alternate explanation of your boss' actions.

Valentine's Day was on a Thursday this year. By any chance, were you or your boss off, or unusually busy with meetings/offsites, etc. on Friday? It's possible that, if he actually forgot to give them to you on VD (and he may have put them out-of-sight in a cupboard so you wouldn't happen on them accidentally) and forgot about them on Friday he knew they'd be mostly wilted by the time you got them.

From what you've said about him it would seem out of character for him to steal them for his wife. Why would he need to? Once he was reminded it was VD, by seeing your flowers, all he'd have to do if he'd forgotten was get his Exec. #####'t. to call and order a bouquet for her.

I think in this situation I'd be looking for the best possible light in which to cast it. I might mention it to him, but not confrontationally. Now that you know what happened, you could mention what a nice gesture he made in making it up to you, since you just found out that he did, and see what he says. In the ensuing conversation you could mention that dh was really glad to finally know what happened so he could quit feeling badly about his gesture gone wrong. That should at least clue him in that he should have said something and lead to an apology.

A Sweet Seana

04-01-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'm still feeling really awful about this.

I've worked through being confused, to pissed off, to wondering how anyone would think that it's okay to do that.

I keep ending up at the lack of respect shown not only to me but to DH as well..

They were my flowers, damnit and he thought it was okay to take them and think that I would be okay to get flowers the day after.

Mystic, they were not hidden in a cupboard, although I commend you for your ability to see the good in everything.

I checked with everyone here and given the way the office is set up there is no way flowers got into this office without anyone noticing.

If he signed for them he would have been standing about 10 feet from my office.

I share a wall with his office. He would have to walk by my office on the way back to his.

He should have, as anyone else would have, taken the five steps to my desk and placed them on there.

I'm making myself sick to my stomach.

Tribe Spring Fling

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
It's clear that this is a big deal to you, and it should be IMO. You really need to find out what happened, not only for your own peace of mind, but also for the relationship you have with him. Not saying anything will only make things worse and I think it's a terrible, terrible suggestion, which some have made, to save it and use it later against him in some way. I would think you need and/or want a relationship with him which is open and honest. Is that not true?

It's a Tribe!

04-01-08, 01:17 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Tahj, that is true.

It goes beyond flowers. It's a moral issue. And this will get in the way of an honest/open relationship - which is what we've always shared.

I could pretty much tell him anything, and he to me. Now? I'm not so sure.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'm going to try to stay on Mystic's couch, if for no other reason than to hope for a positive reason for this.

I share a wall with his office. He would have to walk by my office on the way back to his.

How was it that he was the one to take the package if his office is not closest to the reception area? Where was his new assistant? Where were you?

If he did get them from the courier, did he immediately take the flowers down to his car? Surely they didn't sit in his office all day un-noticed.

Can the delivery company tell you what time of day they were delivered? Could it have been after hours, so he decided to use your flowers and order new ones for you for the next day?

04-01-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Very good question By. Because he never, ever signs for anything.

You've been in our building. There's a lobby which is nothing more than a vestibule with an elevator.

Office is elevator access only. The elvator opens and you are smack dab in the middle of our office. The Executive Assistant is right in front of the elevator with a big floor to ceiling window in her office which faces the elevator.

The only thing I can even think of, seeing as no-one here saw any flowers come off the elevator, is boss intercepted the courier downstairs in the lobby.

He then could have turned around, walked to his car, put the flowers in, and walked back to the office as if nothing had happened.

I hate these thoughts but they are the only ones that I can come up with.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
The only thing I can even think of, seeing as no-one here saw any flowers come off the elevator, is boss intercepted the courier downstairs in the lobby.

He then could have turned around, walked to his car, put the flowers in, and walked back to the office as if nothing had happened.

Do you hear what you are saying? I know your paranoia about your other co-workers seems to be true, but your boss is a good guy, right?

04-01-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
My boss is a great guy which is why he would think sending "replacement" flowers would have made up for it. But it doesn't.

He had to have known I would find out eventually.

If he would have come to me and said "Maroon, I completely fvcked up and forgot it was VD. Can you help me out and I promise I'll make it up to you".

I may have been able to let the flowers go, get reimbursed by him and be able to laugh about it later.

Tribe Spring Fling

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
>"Maroon, I completely fvcked up and forgot it was VD. Can
>you help me out

Okay, I've really spent way too long at the office today. I read that as "Maroon, I completely fvcked up and forgot I gave you VD. Can you help me out and get a pill for it?"

04-01-08, 07:39 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LOL!

Wonder what kind of flowers you would send for THAT?

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Forget-me-nots?

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
VD - the gift that keeps on giving.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
And it has its own special night -- see post 45:

He called on VD night and left a voicemail...

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
When your husband called the florist to cancel the order, tbey didn't tell him then that the flowers had already been delivered? And/or they didn't tell you the next day when you called to confirm the order had been cancelled?

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

04-01-08, 01:13 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
He called on VD night and left a voicemail as it was after hours.

I called the next day, got voicemail and my message was to confirm cancellation of order, and added that if they were thinking of making it up from a customer service point of view, that I was at home. I left my address and phone number.

Next thing I know, there's a delivery car with a lovely bouquet.

I automatically assumed they got my message because of they delivered to my home and didn't think anything else of it until I got the bill.

The first time I talked to an actual person was last week when I was trying to sort out my VISA bill. Then to the manager today.

Tribe Spring Fling

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
How sweet of your DH to have made that effort for you on VD day.

And what a jacka$$ your boss is for what he did -- stealing the flowers to give to his wife.

Do you have access to the wife? Is there some way you could strike up a convo about hubbies and showing up after work with flowers etc? Sometimes we girls get into those kinds of hubby-related convos, you know?

If he "forgot" to give them to you, then why didn't he explain himself to you? Why just explain to the florist, and not to you? GUILT! That's why.

I totally understand your anger. When I graduated, my DH bought me a beautiful watch. I wasn't fifteen minutes out of the arena and my boss handed me a gift in front of DH and my unemployed mother, and I opened it and it was a watch and I started oohing and ahhing and I could see DH shrinking into the ground in my peripheral vision. I felt bad for my mom because I knew she couldn't afford anything, and then DH handed me my gift and said "I guess you may as well open this now, but we can take it back tomorrow and get something else" and it was a watch. I felt so bad for him.

My boss was the type of person who had to make a big show of giving me the present. I've never worn the watch she gave me. Yes, it was generous, but it undermined DH and put a damper on my whole day.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

04-01-08, 03:50 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
That sucks about the watch.

I thought about the old wifey convo but that would be active maliciouness on my part and not really fair to her.

I don't want to make my boss squirm, which is also why holding this knowledge until another time just doesn't work for me either.

I just want to know what he was thinking and why he did what I believe he may have done.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
What's an executive ####'t?

Is that something that rich people get at the Emporer's Club?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
My guess ass't.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I think you should have Bullzeye break his knees. You are connected to the Toronto Mafia, right?

I'd bring it up privately and discreetly with your boss.

04-01-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
As tough as he looks, Bullz couldn't hurt a fly.

Byoffer, on the other hand? Not so sure.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 01:55 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Hurt a fly?? Not with these sticky fingers!

I guess it would be hard to have a cool album cover like that in this age of CDs and i-Tunes. Those were the days.

As tough as Bullz looks? bwahahahaha!!!!!

04-01-08, 02:03 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "

It's the hair.

Tribe Spring Fling

04-01-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I thought it was the dancing siggie.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "Sorry."
That siggie breaks eyes, not knees.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-08, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-08 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

smokeysmom

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "

Hey! Watch it fella!

An Agman!

I'm only 2.25 kilos away from my fighting weight.

04-01-08, 04:10 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Kilos? Now I know you aren't tough.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I'm sure you're stewing about this because you can't reach your boss right now- I know that would bug me. When he returns- ask him about it- there is probably a simple explanation.

Sorry your flower delivery got scrued up. I don't think it would occur to me to call the florist to ask for free flowers. But if I was DH I would have called to check on the delivery the next day- maybe you would have gotten it all straightened out.

I sent some flowers to my sister a few weeks ago in honor (?) of her divorce and the florist messed up the card so she didn't know they were from me- I kept wondering why she never thanked me for the flowers!

Syren 2007

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I agree that it's not acceptable if your boss deliberately took your flowers. I think you deserve an answer. But, considering the way you have described your boss before, I'm not sure that's what happened.

I think the right way to present this is straightforward -- when your boss returns, don't tell the boss that you already know about the charge for the replacement flowers (after all, you aren't supposed to be snooping through that, even if you do know how). Instead, tell your boss the truth -- you thought that the flowers you'd received the day after Valentines' Day were make-up flowers from the florist, because you and your husband had been so upset when your flowers didn't show up on VD. When you saw that you'd been charged for them, you called the credit-card company to have the charge removed. Then the florist told them (and you) that the flowers your husband ordered had actually been delivered and signed for by your boss, and that he'd ordered the make-up flowers for you, and ask if that was really the case, and if so, why?

04-02-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Thanks Ayak. After taking an evening and a good night's sleep this is what I'm going to do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

I have too good of a relationship with my boss/friend to let this get in the way but he needs to know that he can't get away with treating people like this so I will take the part of social conscience (sp?) and hopefully it will teach him a little about humility and respect.

anhttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/47d7320313a905e1.gif Tribe Spring Fling

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-08, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
What was the final result on this - if you don't mind sharing?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-08, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-08 AT 01:43 AM (EST)

Her boss turned out to be a clueless a-hole. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID6/30898.shtml

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

ETA "turned out..." Stupid 'puter

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-08, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
Thank you.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
block that swoop!

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-03-08, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Advice - Boss duped me "
I totally agree with Ayak's approach on this. You need to clear the air for your sake.

A Shar Original 2007

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •