The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you could swap voices with someone..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you could swap voices with someone..."
A comment in Boo's couch thread got me thinking about voices.

Whose would you want? Why?

I always loved Phil Hartman's voice. Man, I miss his comedy. I think his voice was a big part of his charm. I wouldn't want his as mine is already close to his and I can do a good imitation in short bursts.

If I could swap my own voice with someone else's I would want it to be Patrick Warburton's. Mine isn't quite as deep, and nowhere near as smooth.

If I were someday famous enough to have a biography show about my life, I would want it to be David McCullough who voiced it:

Flashy sig by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... weltek 09-27-07 1
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... syren 09-27-07 2
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... Spanky68 09-27-07 3
 The Maestro IceCat 09-27-07 4
   *giggle* moonbaby 09-27-07 24
       meow... IceCat 09-28-07 28
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... Max Headroom 09-27-07 5
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... geg6 09-27-07 10
       Swooning with Geggie Tiggertramp 09-28-07 32
           RE: Swooning with Geggie Spanky68 09-28-07 34
               RE: Swooning with Geggie geg6 09-28-07 35
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... CutsyTootsy 09-27-07 6
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... Tiggertramp 09-28-07 33
       RE: If you could swap voices with s... CutsyTootsy 09-28-07 38
 easy motormouth 09-27-07 7
   RE: easy samboohoo 09-27-07 18
       Take it! SilverStar 09-28-07 29
           RE: Take it! geg6 09-28-07 31
               RE: Take it! SilverStar 09-28-07 40
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... Jadens Mommy 09-27-07 8
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... kingfish 09-27-07 9
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... StarryLuna 09-27-07 21
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... geg6 09-27-07 11
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... Spanky68 09-27-07 12
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... MKitty 09-28-07 41
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... Lisapooh 09-27-07 13
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... byoffer 09-27-07 14
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... Jadens Mommy 09-28-07 30
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... Glow 09-27-07 15
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... Spanky68 09-27-07 16
       RE: If you could swap voices with s... Glow 09-27-07 17
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... smokeysmom 09-27-07 19
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... CTgirl 09-27-07 23
       RE: If you could swap voices with s... smokeysmom 09-27-07 25
           RE: If you could swap voices with s... CTgirl 09-27-07 26
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... J Slice 09-27-07 20
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... StarryLuna 09-27-07 22
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... dabo 09-28-07 27
 RE: If you could swap voices with s... nailbone 09-28-07 36
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... geg6 09-28-07 37
   RE: If you could swap voices with s... J Slice 09-28-07 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Kate Beckinsale or Ann Curry, for different reasons.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Someone who doesn't sound so young. I often get mistaken for syrenboy, or get asked to speak to my mom.

What?

09-27-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I had that problem before my voice changed about 25 years ago. I'm guessing yours won't, but syrenboy's will.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The Maestro"

Barry White...

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "*giggle*"
Just imagining a cat saying meow in that Barry White baby kinda way.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 05:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "meow..."

... baby...

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
My top choices: James Earl Jones or Patrick Stewart.

agman's got me ready for fall

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Patrick Stewart

*swoon*

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Swooning with Geggie"
I am with you sweetheart! I want Patrick Stewart to read me bed time stories! Naughty ones, but bed time stories all the same!

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

09-28-07, 02:13 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Swooning with Geggie"
My father in law and two of his brothers look EXACTLY like Patrick Stewart. When I had a ST:NG tape in one night, I asked my toddler son who was on TV and he said "PA!"

Alas for you, none of them have PS's voice

Surfkitten Siggie Shop

09-28-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Swooning with Geggie"
While his voice makes me melt into a wiggling, little puddle? He's pretty hot stuff in the looks department, too, IMHO.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-27-07, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
For me I'd say Kathleen Turner.

For my dh I would say Antonio Banderas (remember, voice only.) I only understand about half of what Antonio says in interviews but it's dreamy!

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-07, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Mee too!

I would want Kathleen Turner, or Demi Moore. They both have that raspy bedroomy voice that is so unbelievable sexy.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-28-07, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Ooh, Demi Moore's is good too!

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-07, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "easy"
I'd want Boo's voice. I had never liked a voice so much as the first time I heard hers.

Second choice might be Angelina Jolie's.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

*exclusive swoon*

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: easy"
Awwwwww. I *love* you!

I would probably trade mine for Stah's. I would like her grown-up voice and your grown-up car.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Take it!"
You can have my voice. I don't like it.

One word: GOTHMOG!

09-28-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Take it!"
I think you have a very nice voice.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Take it!"
Why thank you. I cringe whenever I hear myself on answering machines or voicemail. I actually changed my machine to have the installed robot voice because I couldn't stand hearing mine anymore! LOL.

One word: GOTHMOG!

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-27-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Mariah Carey's singing voice!!!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
First instinct would be Boris Karloff.

Upon reflection, though Morgan Freeman.

Geology is the study of pressure and time. Thats all it takes really... pressure, and time... that and a big goddamn poster.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Oh, man, I'm so watching Shawshank this weekend now, thanks to you.

Great voice and such a wonderful narrator.

Siggy by tribe

09-27-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Jordis Unga from Rock Star: INXS.

I *heart* her voice.

http://www.jordisonline.net/modules/smartmedia/clip.php?categoryid=1&folderid=1&clipid=12

http://www.jordisonline.net/modules/smartmedia/clip.php?categoryid=1&folderid=1&clipid=15

09-27-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I like it. Big and strong, yet mellow.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-07, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
That David Bowie song was one of my favourite performances from both Rock Star shows... her voice is incredible.

*Pumpkin Kitty courtesy of Smokeysmom*

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I like my voice - it's kinda gravelly. it would be nice though if I could sing. I guess then I'd want Aretha's or Martina's or Christina's or Rhianna's. Just somebody with an uh at the end of their name apparently.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Marcel Marceau

*waits for flood of agreements*

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-28-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."

May he RIP.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Peta Wilson

And though I like my husband's voice the way it is, I probably wouldn't hate it if he sounded like Roy Dupuis.

Sometimes I really really miss La Femme Nikita.

09-27-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
16. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I'll try to catch her voice. But I can't get past the fact that in that top pic, she has MAN HANDS.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind ya

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I can't watch these at work but this is a short-ish scene... or at least what should be a scene and not a music video montage-y thing.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I'd love to have Katherine Hepburn's or Marlene Deitrich's voice. Even their older, shaky ones.

I like my voice but I'm very soft spoken (what Jerry Seinfeld would call a low talker?). When I try to speak louder I very quickly cross a weird vocal "borderline" where I sound forced and strangely angry...!

My DH sounds exactly like Antonio Banderas, immigrated here in his early 30s from Venezuela... He resents the fact that I have a crush on Puss in Boots from Shrek Hey! he's the one that said he wouldn't say no to Jessica Rabbit...

"A DAW is born" by agman

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I love what Agman did with Smokey! No meatloaf there! What a great face.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I know, agman rocks, doesn't he?!

OK, OK not that you were hinting or anything --but:

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
It was not a hint, but thank you!!! I meant I liked how he cropped Smokey's head, made her look so wise and mysterious and not at all like a lump!

Cookie thanks you for giving her a presence on the RTVW boards!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I like my voice. It's low and gritty and sounds nice when I sing soul music.

Mr Slice's voice is kind of high- sweet, but I certainly wouldn't kick him out of bed if he sounded like Alan Rickman.

Yow- it's all in the voice.

If you are sure that you're right, you probably aren't.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Idina Menzel. God, I love when she sings.

Siggy by tribe

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
I wish I could sing like Thurl Ravenscroft.

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked horse.
Mr. Grinch.
You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Dennis Haysbert

09-28-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
37. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Oooooo, that's a good one, too.

*swoon*

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: If you could swap voices with someone..."
Yep - he's on my sexxxy voice list, too.

Along with the aforementioned Mr. Rickman, Carlo Rota, Pierce Brosnan, and Michael McDonald's singing voice (oddly, his speaking voice is much... I don't know, weaker? You wouldn't expect such vocal power from him)

If you are sure that you're right, you probably aren't.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •