The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"George C. Wallace, (super)hero of the bigots."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-07, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"George C. Wallace, (super)hero of the bigots."
Of course, no political candidate in the current political climate would ever try a tactic like this.

Yeah, right.

http://www.ep.tc/georgewallace/index.html

Our resident historians should enjoy this one on a purely scholarly level: apparently the thing is just about impossible to find.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero ... AyaK 09-26-07 1
   RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero ... Ante Bellum 09-27-07 2
 RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero ... cahaya 09-27-07 3
   Archie's numerous teamups. Estee 09-27-07 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero of the bigots."
Fascinating book. You know, since Wallace was already a national figure when I became aware of him, I never realized that he started out as a lawyer.

Interesting to note that every single character in the comic is white. I also loved the (by 1960) clearly illegal reference to sending every "freedom rider" and "sit-in" "right back North." A true son of Nathan Bedford Forrest, that Wallace was.

Yet another reason to hate lawyers, I guess.

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-07, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero of the bigots."
As far as I can tell, he was only a lawyer for about a week and a judge for a couple-few years. Those stations were well below his racist azzhole ambitions.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: George C. Wallace, (super)hero of the bigots."
Wow, about the Wallace comic. And how many people voted for him to be President? These days, there's no way anyone with dirt like that would have a chance of making it as a 3rd party candidate for President. In this sense, at least, times have changed.

Some of those other comics are rather intriguing... like an Archie anti-drug strip "produced in cooperation with the FBI" (with blacks more than adequately represented here, notably enough).

Wayang kulit puppet show by tribe

The worst of the lot with all its corny one-liners is Capt. Veedee-O and Ms. Wanda Lust, which begins with... "Look, it's a flying sausage!"

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Archie's numerous teamups."
You'd have to figure killing Mr. Weatherbee while in a drug-induced haze would be good for at least two days of detention.

I haven't explored the rest of the site yet. I'll be curious to see if they have any of the Archie church-supported comics. I think there's a lot of those around. I don't remember which church sponsored them, but knowing the publisher, you can bet they'd try to find someone who could at least pretend to be wholesome. And work in the house style. And completely ignore little facts like that in Riverdale, you get a presidential election every three weeks, so Jesus was actually born about ten years ago and needs some more time to catch up to Archie in whatever grade he's in.

Of course, we all know Betty is going to the hotter regions of the comics afterlife. Thou shalt not covert thy neighbor's boyfriend.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •