The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Praising All Teachers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-30-02, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Praising All Teachers"
I was just wondering how many teachers do we have here on SB?

In another thread, I posted my thoughts on the importance of education. After some thought, I felt that a post was needed to sing the praises of one of the most important role models in our kids' lives. I have two children who just finished first and third grade. They have been lucky enough to have some wonderful teachers who have not only taught them the basics, but have gone above and beyond the call of duty and taken a real interest in my children's lives.

How many of us have been inspired at some point in our lives by a teacher? This is the place to share your stories.

I can relate many stories of teachers that have had an impact on me. Most importantly was my 11th grade English teacher, Mr. Goodwin. I'm not sure how much he was able to help me with grammar and vocabulary, but we spent an entire semester studying American artists - their lives and styles. That semester gave me an appreciation for art that still exists today. He was also my advisor in my senior year, and he helped me understand that life is not black and white or yes and no. He challenged me to find the answers for myself. It is something I still carry with me today, and I am passing it on to my children.

So treat this thread as a special thanks to all the teachers out there. They do great things despite the lack of recognition they receive. Let them know how much they are appreciated.

PackMan

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, all problems begin to resemble a nail." - Abraham Maslow

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Praising All Teachers dabo 07-01-02 1
 RE: Praising All Teachers aymelek 07-01-02 2
 RE: Praising All Teachers NightScribe 07-02-02 3
 RE: Praising All Teachers Asrai 07-02-02 4
 RE: Praising All Teachers Swami 07-02-02 5
 Yeah for Teachers MakeItStop 07-02-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-01-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Praising All Teachers"
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank every teacher I ever had who actually cared, or who actually still cared, or who had actually cared at one point in their careers prior to have been run through the wringers by the system which, like all systems with top-heavy bureaucracies, is primarily intent upon perpetuating the bureaucracy. Thank you.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-02, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Praising All Teachers"
Teachers are probably the most important people we have in this country, and my thanks go to all my former and present teachers & professors. You are the makers of the future.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-02-02, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Praising All Teachers"
I can't even express how nice it is to read something like this, especially after the last few weeks of my teaching career. It's been a very draining and exhausting experience. I know when it's over, I will have learned a ton, but in the midst of it, it's hard to know just how much I'm teaching them. Thanks to you who love your teachers!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Praising All Teachers"
Two of my biggest heros were teachers. My kindergarten/first/third grade teacher, Miss McMurray, made me realize that learning was fun! I guess it was good that I had such an awesome influence so early on in my education.

I had a teacher in senior year who changed my life before I was even born. Mr. Risser wasn't just an english teacher, he was so much more. While my Dad was in HS, he lost both of his parents. Mr. Risser took him under his wing. He was his mentor/teacher/debate team coach/part-time parental role model. He was an awesome teacher who helped me see my true potential.

I am so grateful that I had the great fortune to be thier students. They both taught me so much about myself. I can only hope that my girls will also have the same great fortune of having a teacher who is truly exceptional.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Praising All Teachers"
I remember so well the excellent teachers I have had. Mrs. Cunningham in 3rd grade, Mrs. Black in 5th, Mr. Kerr (geometry), Miss Hackett (Latin) and Mr. Allison (English) in high school. How I loved these teachers! They cared about me, and I knew it. They knew their subjects and taught them well, but most importantly they somehow turned every lesson into a doorway to the future. I am so grateful for the dedication of these teachers.

Swami

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yeah for Teachers"
Cheers for the teachers of SB! I know there are several -- OFG, Hexe, Scribe, Pepe, IceCat. Hmmm, why did I start that list. Now I'm sure I've forgotten some. Please forgive me.

I'll always remember my high school math teacher, Mr. Slivoski. I had him for three years and was extremely disappointed when I didn't have him senior year. I always planned on majoring in math, so he didn't change my mind in that regard, but he sure made math fun! I love math! Yeah, I know ... I'm sick.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •