The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

deadwiz 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-05, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deadwiz Click to send private message to deadwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
This show was great fun. Old tv shows are awesome. This one is like a mix between superman and the green lantern.
Its got a classic cheesy feel to it too.
Anyone use to watch it? or even heard of it? I think it ran for 3 seasons...

Check out some clips if you never heard of it.
http://www.m80teams.com/?QzoxMDcxOjM5MDgyNA==

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Puffy 02-15-05 1
   RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... deadwiz 02-15-05 2
       RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Bebo 02-15-05 3
           RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... deadwiz 02-16-05 4
               RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... dabo 02-17-05 5
                   RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Draco Malfoy 02-17-05 6
                       RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... deadwiz 02-18-05 7
   RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Puffy 02-19-05 8
 RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Swami 02-19-05 9
   RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... deadwiz 02-19-05 10
       RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981... Swami 02-19-05 11
           Is it "Automan"? syren 02-19-05 12
               RE: Is it "Automan"? Swami 02-21-05 13
                   RE: Is it "Automan"? syren 02-21-05 14
                       RE: Is it "Automan"? deadwiz 02-21-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Puffy 6703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-05, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air...." I loved the theme song.

02-15-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deadwiz Click to send private message to deadwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
haha, yeah, It's got a classic theme song...too bad not a lot of people remember it.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
It should have been somebody else...

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me.

Nope, didn't even have to look it up.

William Katt, Connie Sellecca, and Robert Culp. Yup, I am a TV freak.

Beblo and Kimdra

02-16-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
haha. yeah, you can hear the song if you click on the link I put up there I beileve.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
I have it on vinyl, thanks.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
I'm looking for the 8-track.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

02-18-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
8-track? really?...that's awesome.

Puffy 6703 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
I had the song on a tape cassette. But I left it on the hood of my car and drove off. Sigh.

A SyrenŽOriginal

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
I loved that show! Especially when he summoned "cursor" and when the speeding cursor-car made square turns and splatted our hero up against the car's window glass. Made me laugh every time. Wasn't the star Desi Arnaz Jr.? I forget who played his love interest but she was good too--well at least until they finally hooked up and then she spent all her time looking for recipes or something.

02-19-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
you can check out the full cast and regular guests here..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0081871/

02-19-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Greatest American Hero(1981)"
Oops. I just realized I have blended two TV series. The Greatest American Hero is about that guy who finds a superhero-type suit in the desert buy doesn't have directions on how to use it--right? Connie Sellecca was his wife.

I don't remember the name of the other series, but it was about a guy who could "talk" to his computer (way back when computers were new) and the curson could create whatever he wanted to solve his Problem of the Week. What the heck was that series called? I'm pretty sure it starred Desi Arnaz Jr...

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Is it "Automan"?"
There was a computer like character on that show named cursor.

Automan

To reach out your hands is less painful than biting your tongue.
Coherent perceptions or reckless rambling

02-21-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Is it "Automan"?"
Automan! That's the one--although I never would have guessed that for the show title in a million years. Thanks Syren. I remember thinking the show had some promise--but then it got cancelled. Of course back in those days lots & lots of people had no idea what a curson even was, the computer he used was the size of a Buick, and any kind of "tech" joke would have been totally inscrutable to most! For some reason *I* thought the show was brilliant back then. And I thought Desi Arnaz Jr was adorable with real charm--not his father's trying-too-hard Cuban Suavity.

Suavity? Did I just invent a new word?

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is it "Automan"?"
I did not even remember the show till I read your post. Actually I barely remember it now, other than I thought that it would be cool to have something like that. I was like 8 or 9 years old.
Now that everyone has a computer, and would understand the ideal behind it, it would be a great remake kinda TV series.

To reach out your hands is less painful than biting your tongue.
Coherent perceptions or reckless rambling
Why yes, I think you did. Good word though.

02-21-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Is it "Automan"?"
I never heard of the show till now. sounds interesting enough.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •