The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in Five Years"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in Five Years"
NBC Says Conan O'Brien Will Take Over for Jay Leno on 'Tonight' Show in 5 Years

The Associated Press

NEW YORK Sept. 27, 2004 — NBC announced Monday that Conan O'Brien will take over from Jay Leno as host of the "Tonight" show. But he'll have time to write his jokes the planned succession won't happen until 2009.
The announcement solves a delicate problem for NBC, which realized O'Brien was getting antsy in his "Late Night" time slot (12:35 a.m. Eastern) and wanted to keep him from jumping to another network.

Leno planned to make the announcement on Monday's edition of "Tonight," a special celebration of the talk show's 50th anniversary.

"In 2009, I'll be 59 years old and will have had this dream job for 17 years," Leno said. "When I signed my new contract, I felt that the timing was right to plan for my successor and there is no one more qualified than Conan."

"Plus, I promised Mavis I would take her out for dinner before I turned 60," the notoriously workaholic Leno said about his wife.

Leno took over from Johnny Carson on "Tonight" in 1992 and after a few years of trailing the man he beat out for the job in the ratings David Letterman he passed the CBS star and has been dominant in the time slot.

An unknown at the time, O'Brien had the thankless job of taking over from Letterman on "Late Night," and he was nearly fired after several weeks of painful shows. But he recovered and has been a critical and commercial success.

But O'Brien has openly talked about wanting to move on and, in the late-night world, that means an earlier time slot.

Do you think Conan is a good successor for the Tinight show?

I think he will do a bang up job when it is his turn in 2009.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in... Smooth23 09-27-04 1
 RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in... Tiger Lily 09-29-04 2
 RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in... seahorse 10-28-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-04, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in Five Years"
Yeah, conan is funny most the time. Though I do think alot of his jokes get really really old.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-29-04, 04:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in Five Years"
I've always liked Conan better than Leno anyway.

"She's just like Clark Kent... when there's lots of excitement, she's nowhere to be found." -Homer Simpson

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Conan to Take Over 'Tonight' in Five Years"
I think there will be five years of behind the scenes ill will between Leno and Obrien.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •