The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CSI veterans fired"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-16-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CSI veterans fired"
TV Guide online's reporting the breaking news that George Eads and Gorja Fox were both just fired from CSI. Weird to think of CSI without these two, and it seems like an especially bad move in light of the new CSI show.

Why change the original right when they're starting a new CSI? This will piss off the loyal original CSI folks.

This seems like a franchise that thinks it can do no wrong, despite the miserable existence of CSI: Miami.

Poor George Eads and Gorja Fox: CSI was just nominated for the best Drama Emmy yesterday!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CSI veterans fired KScott 07-16-04 1
 RE: CSI veterans fired Swami 07-16-04 2
 RE: CSI veterans fired Roobean 07-16-04 3
 There is a petition strid333 07-17-04 4
 RE: CSI veterans fired clemsonbeav 07-17-04 5
 RE: CSI veterans fired PagongRatEater 07-18-04 6
 RE: CSI veterans fired littlemisssmartypants 07-19-04 7
 good cqvenus 07-19-04 8
 RE: CSI veterans fired Schnookie Palookie 07-19-04 9
   RE: CSI veterans fired Swami 07-19-04 10
       RE: CSI veterans fired kyngsladye 07-19-04 11
           RE: CSI veterans fired Swami 07-19-04 12
       RE: CSI veterans fired Schnookie Palookie 07-20-04 15
   RE: CSI veterans fired PepeLePew13 07-20-04 13
       RE: CSI veterans fired dabo 07-20-04 14
   RE: CSI veterans fired EnglProf 07-20-04 16
       RE: CSI veterans fired dabo 07-20-04 17
           RE: CSI veterans fired ginger 07-21-04 18
               RE: CSI veterans fired Swami 07-21-04 19
                   Fox returns dabo 07-23-04 23
               Article PepeLePew13 07-22-04 20
                   RE: Article L82LIFE 07-22-04 21
                       RE: Article ginger 07-22-04 22
 Breaking News EnglProf 07-23-04 24
   He's Baaa-aaaaack!!!! dabo 07-25-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-16-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Bad move on their part.

- Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
That's unbelievable! Either CBS is reaching for new highs in stupididity or those two did something really bad. I can't imagine what.

Roobean 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-16-04, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roobean Click to send private message to Roobean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
DH told me about this earlier and said it was because they asked for more money and didn't show up for the shoot as part of their negotiation. Apparently they had two more years on their contract though.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-17-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "There is a petition"
Though these things seldom work, I did sign it.

Here is the link if you would like to do the same. http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/supportjandg

Three is the perfect number.

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-17-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
No way. Gorja was so hot, er, a Fox! Oh well...

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
It will definitely be a totally different show without them. I can understand the network taking the position that these actors had a contract and should stick to it, but these things get renogotiated mid-stream all the time when a show becomes a breakout success (see Friends, Everybody Love Raymond, etc).

It is a STUPID and short-sighted move to save a few bucks on a show that is making money hand over fist.

Online Survivor Winner

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-19-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
I guess the networks are tired of stars playing hardball and expecting so much money. I, for one, find them replaceable, except I was enjoying the "relationship" between Sarah and Grissom.

Maybe Greg will get his promotion finally? Love him....

Handcrafted by RollDdice

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "good"

i hope they have them run away together or get killed in the line of duty. ooh! better yet would be if they had to go undercover as a prostitute and pimp duo into drugland, and they both turn to smack. then they can show them in unflattering drugged-up shots in future eps whenever anyone mentions them in a dreamy wherearetheynow tone.

too bad they couldn't get rid of grissom b/c then this show would definitely be cancelled. CSI? sucks. i believe there is a thread entitled CSI Sucks or CSI blows or I Hate CSI buried somewhere in this forum...

OHHHH Yes... I found it. Enjoy.

~ cq

In the Banana's Spare Time, It Fight Crime - ginger

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
While I'm sorry to see George Eads go, I couldn't care less about Gorja Fox. I could never stand her since the beginning of the show. Glad she's gone.

I never watch CSI Miami (cannot stand D. Caruso). I will check out the CSI NY. Hope it's good.

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

07-19-04, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Hi Nookie! I totally agree with everything you just said! Especially not standing D. Caruso. Bleahh. But I love G. Sinesi! I hope that show rocks!

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-19-04, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CSI veterans fired"

Dear Swami,

Gary Sinise does indeed rock.

La Métropole
*smooch*

07-19-04, 11:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
I'm also hoping that after I read the CSI-NY credits 6 or 8 dozen times I will actually remember how the heck to spell Sinise. I get it wrong every frickin' time!

And you corrected my error so nicely. *smooch*

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Hiya Swami!

I adore Gary Sinise so even if CSI NY isn't that great, I'll still probably watch it just to see Gary

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
I kinda agree about Jorja Fox... while her personality is perfect for the type of job she's playing on TV, she's bland on TV! Boooooriiing.

George Eads? He always caught my eye as he looks almost exactly like my buddy that I play baseball and golf with. Same hair, chin, body build.

The Miami's show sorta ok, I always liked the original CSI and hope they keep the story lines fresh with new actors and I'll be interested to see how CSI-NY unfolds.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Maybe Jorja can return to her West Wing character now. Vegas CSI has always been superior to Miami, but the penchant for writing the characters backstories into the ground has got to stop.

Anyway, this should be a lesson for everyone, when you've got a good gig on a murder show don't play too hardball on the producers or you may find yourself the next one on the slab. (Actually, I can't recall a show having one of their own in the victim spot since Cagney and Lacey.)

SMILES ARE FREE

07-20-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Yeah, Nookie, I agree. My hubby likes Jorja but I think she's "ehhh." George Eads is definitely the one I'll miss. Unfortunately it sounds like he got fired for actually f-ing up--being late to work while trying to play hardball for contract negotiations, etc. So if either of them were to come back, it probably wouldn't be him.

She should go back to playing a boring, tough, and distant lesbian on ER.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-20-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
George Eads of CSI is Evel Knievel (says so on the cover of the new TVGuide), talk about a roll playing the boring and tough!

SMILES ARE FREE

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
He's all over the wires saying he made a mistake and slept in and had no idea he'd be fired. Essentially begging for job back (wisely). Curious to see if they relent.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

07-21-04, 07:08 PM (EST)
19. "RE: CSI veterans fired"
Keep George.
Dump Jorja.

07-23-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
23. "Fox returns"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-04 AT 01:17 AM (EST)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&ncid=762&e=2&u=/ap/20040723/ap_en_tv/csi_fired_actors

Fox Back on 'CSI,' Eads' Fate Uncertain

Jorja Fox, the "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star who was fired for skipping work in a salary dispute, is returning to the hit CBS drama.

Fox reached an agreement with the network and will be back on the set next week, a source close to the production said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Co-star George Eads also lost his job when he also failed to report last week for the start of production on the fifth season.

Eads' situation remained unchanged Thursday. But a public apology — in which the actor said he merely overslept and wasn't angling for more money — may have opened the door to talks, the source said.

"It's a big misunderstanding, straight up," Eads told the Television Critics Association on Wednesday. "I want all this to work out. 'CSI' is a part of who I am."

A CBS spokesman declined comment. Calls seeking comment from the actors' publicists were not immediately returned Thursday.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 06:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Article"
Here's the article where George comes with his tail between his legs. This is pretty much blackmail, no? Les Moonves comes across as a total bad guy no matter what happens here.

Fired for sleeping!
By BILL BRIOUX -- Toronto Sun

He slept in. That is George Eads' take on why he was fired from CSI. The actor, who plays forensic investigator Nick Stokes on the top-rated CBS drama, was sacked along with fellow cast member Jorja Fox for failing to report to work last week.

Eads was in Los Angeles yesterday to promote Evel Knievel, a made-in-Toronto TV-movie about the car- and canyon-leaping legend, which airs July 30 on U.S. superstation TNT. Eads tried to stick to the subject at hand, but Knievel in his prime could not have leapt over the many CSI questions at yesterday's press conference.

Eads told critics he simply slept in for 30 minutes and was not making a play for more money. "I woke up white as a sheet," he said. When he called to say he'd be late coming in, he was told not to bother. "It's like I'm the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys and I missed the first day of practice."

Viacom co-president and COO Les Moonves made it clear at the CBS sessions over the weekend that he was serious about replacing Eads and Fox. "When somebody doesn't show up for work," he said, "that says to us, okay, they don't want to work for us anymore."

He agreed with a suggestion I made after the session that agents and managers may be more to blame here than the talent. Moonves said he liked the actors in those roles, but "there were certain veiled threats about their not showing up and there comes a point where we feel a contract is a contract."

Eads told critics he's tried to apologize to Moonves "nine ways to Sunday." He sees the CBS boss as "a man cut from the same cloth" and agrees that a deal's a deal. (According to Moonves, both actors received substantial raises at the end of the second season. CSI is heading into a fourth year).

Eads added that trying to reach the busy executive isn't easy. "It's like trying to meet with Charlie from Charlie's Angels.

"CSI is a part of me," said Eads, "but if, after I've spoken to him from my heart, he's the boss ... if I'm gone, I'm gone."

CBS was sticking with a "no comment" on Eads' comments yesterday, but it sounded to many critics in the room that Eads has had his wake-up call and may yet return to the series.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Article"
Here's the article where George comes with his tail between his legs.

And what a fine tail it is!

I hope they take him back, I really like his character (ok, I like to look at him, same diff).

Dammit! Now I have that song in my head, "Take me back, won't you take me back....I'll change my ways!"

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-04, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Article"
He's easy on the eyes, but there's a character? The only times I see him he's just poking around lint and stuff with MTV type music playing.

Oh wait -- he did have sex with that prostitute, but didn't murder her, in that one episode. I guess maybe that could count as "character development."

07-23-04, 08:44 PM (EST)
24. "Breaking News"
Ha! They just hired Jorja Fox back. What a publicity stunt! Surely after all his grovelling, George Eads can't be far behind.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

07-25-04, 01:18 AM (EST)
25. "He's Baaa-aaaaack!!!!"
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&ncid=763&e=5&u=/ap/20040724/ap_en_tv/tv_csi_fired_actors

George Eads to Come Back to 'CSI'

Actors George Eads and Jorja Fox will both be back on the job next week at "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" after learning a lesson in hardball network politics.

Eads reached an agreement Friday to return to television's most popular drama after he was fired for skipping work in what CBS believed was a contract dispute, CBS entertainment spokesman Chris Ender said.

He rejoins Jorja Fox, who came to her own agreement to come back on Thursday.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •