The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chillicrab 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-01, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chillicrab Click to send private message to Chillicrab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
?Had one too many at the bar she tends?
How did she get selected for S2 then?

?Brain demage from the lack of glucose during the Ogakore famine?
Can't be. She was like that even before they became hungry.

?Does her brain run on endorphins resulting in brain demaged resulting from the lack of it?
Never heard of this medical condition.

Till now, it was and is still hard to believe that a person can be dumb and evil at the same time and excel in both.

The things she did! The things she said!
The last bit about wanting to suck it all back in, I believe. Was there a connection between her thinking, her actions and her perception?

Oh Boy, did she misread, mistook and totally missed what was going on.

Forget all the B*T*CHY, W*T*CHY stuff.

Simple body language, verbal cues in the mating/percieved-mating ritual Jerri CAN'T READ.
Think about it: It was a "perfect world", it was a perfect honeymoon, and there was only 1 female on the island, only the 2 of them, and drooling all over him, Colby, like all sane men, still did not want her. (Don't try to rationalise it that Colby is gay. Get any man and put them in the same senario, ie if you could convince them to be in her company, same reaction.)

Those of you who are kind at heart and feel pity, take heart. She might be so dense that she might still think that she is this intelligent, likable and respectable human being.
Her ignorance might be the key to her eternal bliss and delusion.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jerri - Why she did what she di... Survivorerist 04-02-01 1
   RE: Jerri - Why she did what she di... desert_rhino 04-02-01 2
       RE: Jerri - Why she did what she di... Chillicrab 04-02-01 3
           RE: Jerri - Why she did what she di... desert_rhino 04-02-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-02-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
Here's what I think her strategy was all about. I think she was trying to do a Rich-like manoeuver to make people hate her, guaranteeing a spot in the final two. Unfortunately, she went a little overboard and the rest of the tribe was unable to stand her. She seems like she could be a nice enough person in real life.

Survivorerist

**GO AMBER!**

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
--snip--Unfortunately, she went
>a little overboard and the
>rest of the tribe was
>unable to stand her.
>She seems like she could
>be a nice enough person
>in real life.

I disagree. I think the condition that explains her approach and attitude is "mild-to-moderately sociopathic." She has a basic failing in the process where one interprets what others are feeling, in that she has a great deal of difficulty understanding that other people HAVE feelings. Trust me, I saw a lot of this in academia. Some of these folks learn to cope, laughing when it's appropriate, practicing smiles at the right time, etc... I think in her case, it's not that she CAN'T understand that others have feelings/needs/etc..., it's more like it's very HARD for her to understand, and so she usually doesn't put in the effort. Her needs and desires are the most important.

Her actions are reasonably well-explained as pure self-interest. Anyone with a brain would realize that, when food is running out, being a B!TCH to win 2 food RCs in a row is suicide. Hell, I think it's in one's best interest to THROW most of the RCs, and suck it up. She was just so focused on her own immediate desire to get alone with Colby and chow down (whatever you read into that) that she just couldn't understand WHY the others hated her for it.

Watch her on Letterman. She'll start to get REALLY annoyed with Dave, and I doubt she'll be a good enough actress to keep it all in...

-- JV

Chillicrab 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-02-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chillicrab Click to send private message to Chillicrab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-01 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

Voice of wisdom yet again, with jargon. JV, are you by any chance a psychologist,psychotherapist,psychiatrist or counsellor of some sort?

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jerri - Why she did what she did. A mystery to me."
No, I'm just really overeducated. <grin> That, and I have this annoying habit of reading every damn thing that comes to hand.

I was thinking about Jerri, though. She's shown occasional signs that she *can* understand the feelings of others, so I've revised my opinion. I think she's more of a "facultative sociopath." She's capable, but too self-centered and LAZY to make the effort to understand others. Of course, I mean understand others who aren't exactly like her. Those are EASY for her to understand, in fact, she's amazed that they understand HER so well. Alicia pops to mind. I don't think Jeff Vermin quite fits, except that he's so desperate to be accepted as "one of the girls." <smile>

-- JV

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •