The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jeki 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-21-01, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jeki Click to send private message to Jeki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
*Yawn* What a build up to a lame show. So very unlike Burn-it (sarcasm). Beyond the Kucha Hot Tub, were there any new or interesting footage?

Side note: Amber/Jeri.
Is been talked about on the spoiler board, without much real insight. Where do you think the Amber/Jeri duo turns sour? The speculation that their friendship turns, is based on the NYC party. Apparently a party was thrown/attended by Mitchell, Jeff, Alicia, & Jeri. Mitch, Alicia, & Jeff live in NY. Alicia & Jeri were shopping buddies in Australia. Jeri & Mitch, Alicia & Jeff were buddies within their own tribes. However, what about Amber? Amber lives in Beaver PA. Beaver is only 2 hours to NYC driving. A little longer travel time by train. Either way very accessible to the party.

Some people think Amber makes it to he final 4. To get there she must step over Jeri to get there. I don't know, I'm thinking Jeri will turn on Amber first.

Last side note:
Is it me or doesn't this group ever relax and get to know each other? Or at least Burn-it isn't projecting that footage. One of the main ways Richard was able ot win, was because he took the time to hang out with most of the tribe members. Sue, Rudy, & Kelly were obvious. However he had moments with everyone. At the final 1M tribal council, Rich had bonds with most of the jury. If it came down to Jeri vs. Colby. Or, Tina vs. Amber... whoever... would a Kucha jury really give a rat's behind over one or the other?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unsee... George Tirebiter 03-21-01 1
   RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unsee... Loree 03-21-01 2
   Tribemate Knowledge Challenge Jeki 03-22-01 6
       RE: Tribemate Knowledge Challenge Loree 03-22-01 8
   RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unsee... Fast Eddie 03-22-01 7
       Who cares?! George Tirebiter 03-22-01 9
           RE: Who cares?! Fast Eddie 03-23-01 10
 RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unsee... HeronNoire 03-21-01 3
   No singing career? George Tirebiter 03-21-01 4
       RE: No singing career? Paris 03-22-01 5
 This was supposed to make people wa... Riordan 03-23-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-21-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
Yes, the show sucked in a major way. I thought perhaps I had fallen asleep and missed whatever might be interesting, but my family assures me I was awake the whole time. . . (Unfortunately, I was definitely awake while Scerri sang--where was that edit-happy producer when we needed him?! I thought it would never end. . .)

Not only do these people never seem to spend much time getting to know each other, I have yet to really see anyone talk about family and friends they've left behind! Apparently, there is no love lost on the home front, either. . . Remember in the first series, a major challenge involved remembering personal details about other contestants--which Dique failed at, miserably.

It may just be that Mock B. is trying to play everything too close to the vest, lest any spoilers fly, but I think the editing is especially poor this time around. We never get to see enough of anyone to feel anything positive about them--they all seem equally despicable, at times, and the fact that they seem to lack meaningful relationships elsewhere bolsters my poor opinion of them.

Ho hum. West Coasters--if it's not too late, skip this one.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
Oh Jerri's singing was painful. Listening to Colby snore was easier on the ears.

All this episode did was make me dislike Jerri more. I didn't realize that was possible. I thought it was suppose to be unseen clips. Mostly we had seen all this before. Ho Hum....

Jeki 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jeki Click to send private message to Jeki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tribemate Knowledge Challenge"
You are right.. I forgot about that one. Kelly kicked butt.. named Jenna's twins, with MIDDLE names! Kelly knew crazy info about everyone. However, the jury wasn't swayed. I don't know I just think there was more interpersonal stuff. Rich & Gervase playing cards. Kelly, Jenna, & Colleen dressing up (???) whatever that was about. In the end if the jury will be 5-K, to 3-O... shouldn't someone gunning for the final two try to bond with the Kucha folks?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tribemate Knowledge Challenge"
They had Rich, Jenna & Gervas on the roundtable on The Early Show today. They were talking about how we know nothing personal about the Survivors this time compared to last time. Jenna was talking about Jerri and said Rich just talked evil about them to the camera not to their face. But Jerri is just mean right to the people's faces. Both Rich and Jenna think Jerri could never win. But Gervas thinks Jerri might win it all. What a horrid thought!

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-22-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
No they don't talk about home (or it's been edited). That's a relief. Who cares? When you watch professional baseball, football, etc., do you care about the names of the players' kids? With a prize of $1 million, this is a very professional game. Like Rich, I'm interested in how they play the game. The personal stuff is irrelevant.

I watched only a little last night and agree it was a waste. The one thing I noticed was a reminder of why everyone hates Jerri. Did you see the look on her face when Kel was whacked? It's clear that she framed him and was pleased with her work. It was the right move to expel him, but it would have taken little effort to convince everyone of that without being so unethical.

03-22-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Who cares?!"
This is NOT professional sports (and if no one cares about their personal lives, why do they spend so much time zooming in on their trophy wives in the stands?! why do sons and daughters get to take the field with their dads at the All Star game?!). This game is about the people--and you may be another exception, but family is a big part of who we are. In the first series, a lot of what happened had to do with the angst of leaving kids, parents, and pregnant women behind! It may only be irrelevant to someone who's too young to realize the import.

Dirp!
GT

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who cares?!"
I guess you don't play games much (and usually lose when you do). About people? Sixteen people went across the ocean to sit in miserable conditions for weeks so they could make a few new friends? I don't think so. People spend years working hard to become good players so they can look at other players' trophy wives and take their kids out to throw the first ball? Spectators and TV networks pay megabucks for a few seconds' glimpse of players' kids and wives? (How many can you name?) Did you think at all before you wrote?

Family is a very, very, very big part of who we are. But when we tune in to watch people play games, be it professional sports, Survivor, Jeopardy, Millionaire or even Wheel of Fortune, we expect to hear no more than a quick snippet about the person and have most of the time spent on the game itself. Perhaps you might prefer watching Oprah or Rosie.

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeronNoire Click to send private message to HeronNoire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tonight's Show, Only 3-5% Unseen"
At least we know we don't have to worry about Jerri launching a singing carreer.

03-21-01, 11:15 PM (EST)
4. "No singing career?"
I don't know. . . she seems clueless enough to think it would go over well! (I've known enough wannabes to know their ambitions often exceed their talent.) I only wish there'd been little thought balloons over everyone else's heads, so we could've seen what they were really thinking, as they forced those pained smiles her way--now THAT would've been worth watching!

And the snoring didn't strike me as that bad. . . even before the singing. (Of course, my dad was known to have snored the shingles off the house, so anything less seems minor to me!) It did make for some comical moments, though. Those people acted like they'd never heard snoring before!

Pretty sad that this is what we all waited all week to see, though, isn't it? Should've been billed as the "It's-not-too-late-to-get-up-to-speed" episode, with a special invitation to the regular viewers to find something better to do with our Wednesday night. . .

Paris 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Paris Click to send private message to Paris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No singing career?"
Oh, I totally agree. That was one of THE most boring things I have seen in a long time! It was more like a recap than anything else.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "This was supposed to make people want to watch?"
I realize the REAL reason for this episode was to push the show into May sweeps, but I thought it was also supposed to garner interest from those not already watching. I didn't see the first thing that would have done that for me. Too bad I got hooked early. If I had waited and watched this, I could have avoided wasting my time. But then, I wouldn't be here enjoying the boards so much. Okay, I guess it is worth it.

Riordan

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •