The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Yul is Cool"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-29-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Yul is Cool"
I really like Yul and I gained respect for him last night when he stood up for Becky and didn't vote her out. He seems to be smart but also knows how to communicate with people. I hope having the idol will work in his favor.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Yul is Cool michel 09-29-06 1
   RE: Yul is Cool MizJazmine 10-01-06 7
 RE: Yul is Cool Cyndimaus 09-29-06 2
 RE: Yul is Cool mavs_fan 09-29-06 3
   RE: Yul is Cool Aruba 09-30-06 4
       RE: Yul is Cool PepeLePew13 09-30-06 5
           RE: Yul is Cool michel 10-01-06 8
               RE: Yul is Cool Aruba 10-01-06 9
               RE: Yul is Cool mavs_fan 10-03-06 10
 RE: Yul is Cool Karchita 09-30-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Yul is Cool"
He may be too straight forward however. He reminded me of Kaysar from Big Brother. Both in his tone of voice and stand-up attitude. Likewise, he's very good at getting people to align but maybe not so sure what to do next.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-01-06, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yul is Cool"
You're absolutely right and that is what's driving me nuts about Yul!!! He is soooo much like Kaysar!!! I am SCURRED for Yul...I really am, because I can just see someone using his very nature against him, and I'm not so sure Ms. Becky isn't doing that already! Yul is my pic and he is my fav, but I just hope he is wise and cunning enough to not get tripped up by who he is.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Yul is Cool"
I've also been enjoying his game play. I hope he continues to be smart as he goes along. I think he should keep the idol secret from everyone (except Becky, who he's already told. This was her advice too), at least for awhile.

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-29-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Yul is Cool"
I'm a Huge Yul fan so far.

Unfortunately most of the things I respect about him are things that aren't really traits we usually see in Survivor winners.

Calm, cool, collected, cerebral, athletic, trustworthy...

THIS is the type of player I WANT to win this game.
IE. Someone I view as deserving it.

I felt the Same way About Fireman Tom a couple seasons back, but more typically inferior players team up to vote these folks off. I hope Yul can defy the odds.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-06, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Yul is Cool"

>I felt the Same way About
>Fireman Tom a couple seasons
>back, but more typically inferior
>players team up to vote
>these folks off. I
>hope Yul can defy the
>odds.

Right you are Mavs...that is what I affectionately refer to as the "Anti-Darwin Snydrome"...Survival of the "Unfittest". Sadly most of the time the inferior many will gang up and vote out the superior few. Unfortunately as long as they continue to cast UTR coattail riders, it's a sad reality of the show.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yul is Cool"
It's a pity that the strong survivors can't band together and vote out the 'unfittest' at the beginning so the best can go against the best later on. We did see that with Tom, Ian and Gregg going far in Palau, but that's usually been the exception to the rule.

Note that I said 'strong survivors' as I want to see game players more than physical players. In that scenario, Sandra and Danni wouldn't have won because they survived by voting for anyone as long as it wasn't themselves but didn't really do much in terms of physical skills or alliance-building.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yul is Cool"
First Danni didn't vote for anyone, she helped Rafe convince Steph to vote against everyone that could help the former "ULONG STAR".

Second, the fittest players seem to be Adam and JP. Marvelous winners they would make! I certainly hope some "inferior specimens" gang up to boot those two ignorant players out. Actually the strong players are the ones that can control the vote. If you can't control the vote to get to the Final 2 and then didn't make a good enough job getting the jury's approval, then you don't deserve to win.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-06, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Yul is Cool"
Adam????? Personally when I reference "fittest" and "solid" player, I'm talking about performance and effort, not superfically how fit a person may LOOK. Adam has shown nothing to appear the fittest and most solid player. Hence I agree what a marvelous winner he would make! IMO he has appeared to be one of the most unsolid players thus far.

Adam joins Osten and Ibrehem (among others) who LOOK like they may be a force in the game; but totally suck when it comes to putting out optimum effort.

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-03-06, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavs_fan Click to send private message to mavs_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Yul is Cool"
I don't mean to say that the most physically fit is the one that deserves to win. Osten had no business playing the game or even sniffing the merge. But then neither did Sandra in my opinion.

I tend to think the most deserving has the best combination of physically and mental ability.

The problem with Survivor however is that those who stand out Physically are easily identified by the other players, and for whatever reason are typically targeted by the other players for early post merge elimination.

It may be that Those who are the more intelligent are better able to hide their gifts.

I'm afraid that Yul, will be targeted by others due to his apparent physical stature. Although I understand LOOKING physically fit is not the same as BEING physically fit.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yul is Cool"
>He seems to be smart ....

Right you are. I just read his bio and he went to Stanford and then Yale Law School. Sheesh, that's smart all right. Of course that kind of smart doesn't always mean smart enough to do well on Survivor, but he does seem to be doing well so far and a real 'what's not to like?' kind of guy. I would love to see him win, but I really don't think he will.

BTW, I don't think he should have told Becky about the idol. Why not wait? He trusts her, but some people just can't keep secrets. But then probably that was his problem.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •