The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff affects the outcome?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-16-06, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff affects the outcome?"
First of all, everyone should know that I am not a Jeff basher. I like Jeff, and I typically defend him whenever an argument involving him arises. However, I think this is the only time when Jeff clearly affected a decision made in the show. All the tribes line up for a challenge, no one knows the members of the other tribes, and Jeff brings up the who stole the chicken mystery, which points out Jonathan, the infamous chicken stealer, to everyone. So, at the end of the challenge the losing team gets to send someone to Exile Island, and who do they send? Surprise, surprise, they send Jonathan, the chicken stealer. Basically, whether he meant to or not, Jeff orchestrated the Exile decision. I'm not saying it is a big deal, but I think this is an instance where Jeff's questioning clearly affected the game. I don't think any contestant should have been singled out when a boot to Exile Isle was coming.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff affects the outcome? tribephyl 09-16-06 1
   RE: Jeff affects the outcome? PepeLePew13 09-16-06 3
 RE: Jeff affects the outcome? dreamerbeliever 09-16-06 2
 RE: Jeff affects the outcome? Aruba 09-16-06 4
   RE: Jeff affects the outcome? michel 09-16-06 5
       RE: Jeff affects the outcome? TxMom2011 09-16-06 6
           RE: Jeff affects the outcome? Sues 09-16-06 7
               RE: Jeff affects the outcome? silentJ 09-16-06 8
               Please DO NOT Spoil here s_man 09-18-06 9
                   RE: Please DO NOT Spoil here Lahela 09-18-06 11
 RE: Jeff affects the outcome? cologirlpurple 09-18-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-06, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
You're probably correct, but one thing to keep in mind is that the Q and A goes on for longer than is shown.
Jiffy probably got a few different people to talk about themselves or give their impressions of the other tribes and possibly single someone else out, or have them remark about someone else.
However, most of that was cut out excepting the little bit about the eventually exiled player, Jonathan and his chicken caper.
Giving the audience a little cause and effect.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-06, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
Also, there had been almost no interaction whatsoever between the four tribes other than the chicken part, so Jiffy had to bring that up as part of the drama... otherwise we'd just be hearing about opinions within each tribe about the split (more boring).

I don't think Jiffy did anything to influence the exilee or the boot -- the game situation presented itself and Jiffy did what he's supposed to do as a host to point out observations. How could anyone not notice how the two men took over the decision-making? It's Jiffy's job as host to talk about things like that and he's been doing it throughout the 12 previous Survivor seasons.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-06, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
Agreed tribe. Cause and effect could also be pointed to Jiffy calling attention to the fact that Nate & Sekou choose whom to send to exile island and women stood back. Think that may have played a small part in the women banding together for TC? Probably.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-16-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
I'm not a Jeff basher either. And I'm always quick to respond to bellyachers who cry foul and try to make up lame conspiracy theories...but I do agree that Jeff has affected several outcomes in the past with his interaction in the game.

Although I'm not sure his power of suggestions influenced the outcomes in Episode 1.

The three Hiki women were going to gang up on Sekou without Jeff pointing out how the men made the exile decision without the female input. It was a pure numbers game.

As for the Exile decision, because of the sensitivity of the racial divide, it's in the show's best interest to "create" a reason via editing as to why an individual from another race gets singled out for Exile Island.

I'm probably going to catch some flack for this, but here goes...
I believe that any minority race tribe was going to look toward the caucasion tribe when making an exile decision. Last season the early decisions were based on who they thought the leader or provider of that tribe was with the strategy of sending that tribe in disarray. Since historically the younger outcasts have looked up to the older players for guidance and leadership, this made Jonathon a prime candidate.

If Nathan/Sekou and the show were able to use the "chicken caper" as a reason for the decision to camouflage
any potential racial tension...so be it!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
I agree Aruba (!) I'll add that answering Jeff's questions are part of winning Survivor and have been since at least the time Jerri named her friends on Ogakor. Nathan made the choice personal and it could come back to bite him. If all Jonathan has to pay for his theft is one exile, he's lucky. Nathan's move could cost him the game. Here was the perfect occasion to use the alphabet startegy and...wait that would have been Adam. Caucasians are always picked on!!

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
OR..... maybe they are giving the White Folks an advantage by allowing them to search for the Immunity Idol -- btw -- my money is on the Asians... they seem like a smart and athletic group.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
I believe Jeff has said that they merge early....so it may not matter who the 'strong' group is now...although it will be interesting to see if alliances hold...

As to Jeff's 'power'...I say hell yeah! I'd love to see him mess with them even more...it adds to the fun...let him call folks out, plant seeds and spin em around...makes for good teevee!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-16-06, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
Well, they have to be looking at the possibility that a team could lose 3 straight challenges and be looking at a twine cook-off. Fans hate that, so they'll avoid it if possible. That means they have to merge before the vote on epidsode 4. I bet they'll milk the race thing for one more episode and merge 1/2 way through ep. 3. They pulled the plug on the age/gender tribes after 1 episode last season, I don't expect this to last much longer.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Please DO NOT Spoil here"
PLEASE LEAVE ANY AND ALL "SPOILER" COMMENTS (such as "I believe Jeff has said that they merge early....")IN THE SPOILER FORUM!!!

I come here to NOT be spoiled. Yea, it's minor, but annoying, none the less.

Thank you for your support.

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Please DO NOT Spoil here"
I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but how is that a spoiler??? If it's already been said and it's out there, it's not a spoiler. A spoiler would be saying something about an episode that hasn't been aired. I don't understand how someone pointing out that Jeff already mentioned they'd merge early is in any way a spoiler.

Ok...and I agree with the majority consensus here. Jeff has been recapping and bringing little tidbits of happenings to light since the beginning of Survivor. He's mainly trying to make sure an informed decision is made. Who knows, maybe they didnt know about the chicken theivery and might have chosen differently, but because of his actions, he kind of decerved to go to EI. JMO.

cologirlpurple 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-18-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cologirlpurple Click to send private message to cologirlpurple Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jeff affects the outcome?"
I have to agree that WE don't see SOOOOOO much of the actual taped footage.......I have always believed that Survivor edits the tape to cause US, the viewers, to feel the varied emotions that those issues can evoke. I believe that the stolen chicken thing probably came up and the only piece of the footage left in was Jeff talking about it. I also don't think that just because Jonathan stole the chicken, was the main reason he was picked to go to Exile. He was picked by a team that didn't lose the chicken.....what did THEY care he stole a chicken from the Asian team!! Anyway, there are MILES of tape that never make it into shows..........who knows what we miss going on!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •