The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-04-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
I really think that this last epsisode Cirie missed out on a golden opportunity to change the dinamics in the Casaya and get ahead of others on the totem pole.

Her, Bob-Dog, and Bruce had a great opportunity to break the disfunctional alliace of 4, but they did not use it. Out of the loony-foursome there were votes for three different people. If B-dog, Bruce, and Cirie had any brains they would have quickly bonded and vote out one of them - probably Courtney. And then at the least they could have had a tie 3-3 next week if they lost IC again, but in reallity - they could have easily sway one of the other three over to their side - seeing how disfunctional they are...

Instead Cirie sided with girls and three of them voted out the deuce-master. Now Cirie is still down at the number 5 spot at best. I think all those previews about Shane for next week is a complete misderection.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... Aruba 03-04-06 1
 RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... iltarion 03-05-06 2
   RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... arturbars 03-05-06 3
       RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... Aruba 03-05-06 4
           RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... arturbars 03-05-06 6
 It's a question of character michel 03-05-06 5
   RE: It's a question of character PsychoKitty 03-10-06 7
       RE: It's a question of character Creanie 03-10-06 8
           RE: It's a question of character LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-12-06 9
               RE: It's a question of character arturbars 03-13-06 10
               RE: It's a question of character Lisa0116 03-28-06 12
                   RE: It's a question of character iltarion 03-28-06 13
                       RE: It's a question of character Lisa0116 04-04-06 14
                           RE: It's a question of character iltarion 04-05-06 15
                               RE: It's a question of character Lisa0116 04-05-06 16
                                   RE: It's a question of character Lisa0116 04-05-06 17
 RE: Cirie missed a golden opportuni... Tamena 03-14-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
Excellent observation...I was thinking the same thing on Thursday, except I didn't think that Cirie would be the one to initiate this bond. I thought perhaps Bobby or Bruce would have. I think Cirie is scared of taking any initiative..probably even more than her fear of leaves. I believe Cirie going with the girls was an act of despair. Ruth-Marie said on Survivor Insider that her and Cirie had formed a sercet alliance within the first hour of the game. When Cirie saw that Ruth-Marie had been voted out and that the first four bootees this season were females, she was definitely ripe for the taking and Danielle/Courtney were at the right place and at the right time for the Cirie taking.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-05-06, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-06 AT 03:34 AM (EST)

I agree with the Shane misdirection allusion. Unless Shane tries to feel-up Danielle, (his first sane move of the show), the women will not boot him. An alliance of 3 gets you no where. The women will need 1 or preferably 2 men on their side post-merge, and Shane is the man they can trust the most. Yeah, he doesn't like Courtney, but 1) no one likes Courtney and 2) Shane doesn't like anyone. Aras is more likely to flop if he thinks Austin and Nick might let him in their alliance.
As far as Cirie goes, though I hate to give her credit, there was no reason for her to do anything drastic there. She clearly is IN with Courtney Popp and Superstar and Shaneshock. She is in little danger of not making the merge and post-merge her weakness will make her a prime candidate for an F3 or F4 alliance.

03-05-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
You see - I am not so sure that Cirie is really that strongly IN with that alliance. I think the girls are just using her now and would have problem doropping her at the next opportunity. Plus the crazy-four alliance is unstable - and they can swing either way - Nothing is stoping them from sticking together next week and if they have lost another IC vote out Cirie instead of Bruce - they are that crazy.

That's why i think that Cirie, Bruce and Bob-dawg could have taken the control of the game in their own hands this past episode.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-05-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
Point well taken. Danielle is a "user" who would drop Cirie in a NY (or in her case, a Boston) minute. But I believe the female players are still a little spooked over the fact that the first four bootees were women. So I don't think Danielle/Courtney want to lose anymore estrogen before the merge. As a result Cirie is in a decent position at this current point in the game.
In a bizarre kind of way if La Mina wins the next IC this could play into the girl's favor since Sally whould certainly be the odds on favorite to be voted out if La Mina loses. Talk about potentionally "backing" into an advantage.

03-05-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
You are right, Aruba - the girls of Casaya did look at each other with a little scare in their eyes when La Mina came out of the bushes at the RC and revealed that Ruth Marie is gone...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "It's a question of character"
Cirie, Bobby and Bruce are all 3 playing Survivor as followers. Bobby followed Aras, Cirie follows Danielle (for now) and before last episode Bruce only knew he was a Casaya, clueless, in virtual exile still. That these three would pull together would've been so much out of character that it isn't surprising it didn't happen.
Followers need the Leaders to be at each other's throat so Cirie encouraging Danielle to go against the wishes of Aras is a great move according to the Nash theory applied to Survivor.

You don't want your leaders to bond and turn on you.

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's a question of character"
This is a great thread with some great points. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. And thank you for mentioning Cerie's FEAR OF LEAVES!!!!! That's always in the back of my mind every time she comments on something. What a nut job! It makes total sense that she would go on Survivor! She should have started out by maybe going camping once a month or something as a warm up!

Anyhoo - I also find it "funny" that Courtney does yoga and is supposed to be Miss Mellow Chick (nothing mellow about her) and yet so completely disrespects and doesn't get Bruce's zen/rock garden. Most of these people are so completely out of sync with each other it amazes me.

Psychokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sig from The Tribe and Cyg Sig Shop!

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-06, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Creanie Click to send private message to Creanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's a question of character"
I like Cerie and think she's playing the game very well. She reminds me of Sandra from a few seasons ago (who ultimately won). After being told she was next to go, Cerie has managed to stay under the radar because of all the other drama going on with that bunch of kooks. Why would she have tried to align with Bruce and Bobby against the "alliance" of Shane/Danielle/Courtney/Aras? She can't make any bold moves that may backfire on her. If I were her, I'd just go along with the group until my head was on the chopping block. Then I'd make a huge pitch that they need to get rid of Shane before me because he obviously can't be trusted to stick with the alliance.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's a question of character"
I agree with you Creanie. Cirie is playing a great game. Even if Bobby, Bruce, and Cirie had formed an alliance how is an alliance of 3 going to win against an alliance of 4. They would have been outvoted at every tribal council. Plus that would have split the tribe down the middle thus making the kooky 4 even tighter.

Cirie is sitting back and letting them self-destruct. This is the best play she can make and she is taking full advantage. You Go Girl!

03-13-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: It's a question of character"

>Even if Bobby, Bruce, and
>Cirie had formed an alliance
>how is an alliance of
>3 going to win against
>an alliance of 4. They
>would have been outvoted at
>every tribal council. Plus that
>would have split the tribe
>down the middle thus making
>the kooky 4 even tighter.
>

Ehh.... very simple - If she, Bobby, and Bruce have voted together for one of the other four that day, while the crazy fourseome have voted for three different people, then they would have been on even groungs with them - 3 v 3. And then knowing how disfunctional the others are - they could have swing one of them over and control the tribe.

In my opinion it was a great opportunity to change the game. But obviously Cirie is not that type of player, and she has a different strategy. A very smart strategy, but the one i would not personally use.

Then this past week, her and Bruce got another chance. Now this time i am glad they did not take it, as it would involve tanking a challenge, and there is nothing i hate more on Survivor than throwing in a challenge (well, maybe there are a couple of things, but that's not the point). If they have lost, there was a very good chance Shane would have been out. Instead they win, Shane stays, they win reward that brings them back together - for how long, that remains to be seen. But even Cirie herself admited that she might have made a msitake...

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's a question of character"
>I agree with you Creanie. Cirie
>is playing a great game.
>Even if Bobby, Bruce, and
>Cirie had formed an alliance
>how is an alliance of
>3 going to win against
>an alliance of 4. They
>would have been outvoted at
>every tribal council. Plus that
>would have split the tribe
>down the middle thus making
>the kooky 4 even tighter.
>
>
>Cirie is sitting back and letting
>them self-destruct. This is the
>best play she can make
>and she is taking full
>advantage. You Go Girl!

Exactly-she will not be considered a threat after the merge, either. She is pretty good at challenges, so I think she could step it up if she feels threatened (unlike Lydia-who put all of her faith in her alliance) and she is being underestimated by her (current) tribe.

03-28-06, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's a question of character"
The Catholic/man hater has spoken.

04-04-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's a question of character"
Catholic man-hater????

04-05-06, 00:16 AM (EST)
15. "RE: It's a question of character"
From the Favorite Winners and Seasons thread-
"Tom sucked. He used everyone in his alliance at one point or the other and screwed them over by playing the Irish Catholic Guilt card-or maybe it was the Jewish mother guilt card?? Who knows why they would vote for him to win-I would rather have fat Katie win. Point is that Ian would have won the challenge if he hadn't GIVEN it to Tom. And he shouldn't have-how Tom got him to feel guilty over thoughts-sounds definitely Catholic to me......"

Pretty offensive stuff... I guess I forgot it is "okay" to offend the Irish, Catholics, Jews, and men, just be careful with everyone else... That's about all I have to say on that. It is a free country so say what you want. Doesn't mean I have to like it though...

04-05-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
16. "RE: It's a question of character"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-06 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

No need for you to be offended or to like it or not like it-it was the truth-he played him with the guilt card. I can't help it that they were stupid enough to fall for it. That doesn't mean I hate Catholics or men-I don't hate either one. I don't HATE anyone.

04-05-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
17. "RE: It's a question of character"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-06 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

oops-double post

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-14-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Cirie missed a golden opportunity..."
At first I really thought Cirie was on the wrong show but as things are progressing I'm starting to like her more and more.
This does not bode well for her chances btw LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •