The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"For Rupert Fans"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

divawife 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-05, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail divawife Click to send private message to divawife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"For Rupert Fans"
Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place but...
I am a huge fan of survivor and also e-bay.
I came across a charity auction with the proceeds going to a Cancer group in Maine. It seems to be a small operation and looks like Rupert donated his time. In any case I have no affiliation with this group or Rupert except as a fan.
I thought I would pass it along in case anyone was interested in bidding. Just look up the auction on ebay using the Item number search. If anyone wins, let us know what you both said!!!

"Charity Phone Call w/RUPERT BONEHAM from SURVIVOR 7 Item number: 6369833018"
"Description
You are bidding on a charity phone call with Rupert Boneham from Survivor 7. You would get to talk to him for at least 10 minutes! A day and time will be set with the winner and Rupert. All the money will benifit either the American Cancer Society or the Maine Cancer Foundation, both "Cancer Is A Reality" is raising money for and both 501c(3) charitys. S&H is $3.00. Have fun and good luck"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: For Rupert Fans seahorse 02-19-05 1
 RE: For Rupert Fans Mo0 02-19-05 2
   RE: For Rupert Fans seahorse 02-20-05 3
 Speaking of Rupert... PepeLePew13 02-20-05 4
   RE: Speaking of Rupert... dreamerbeliever 02-20-05 5
       RE: Speaking of Rupert... seahorse 02-20-05 6
           RE: Speaking of Rupert... PepeLePew13 02-20-05 9
       RE: Speaking of Rupert... cynthiarose 02-20-05 7
       RE: Speaking of Rupert... dreamerbeliever 02-21-05 12
           RE: Speaking of Rupert... survivor gal 02-21-05 13
 Rupert Boneham, white courtesy phon... Estee 02-20-05 8
   RE: Rupert Boneham, white courtesy ... dreamerbeliever 02-20-05 10
       RE: Rupert Boneham, white courtesy ... divawife 02-20-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-05, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: For Rupert Fans"
I am a Rupert fan, but I really don't have a desire to speak to him in a phone conversation, but I do hope they make some money for charity.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-19-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: For Rupert Fans"
Why is there a shipping and handling charge?

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

02-20-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: For Rupert Fans"
You're right that makes no sense.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Speaking of Rupert..."
He's going to be in my neck of the woods next week at an outdoor adventure show in Mississauga (Toronto area). Hrm, maybe Pene and I will take a gander around there since it's only 45 minutes from us.

Scratch and sniff

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
Go for it Pepe! I've met Rupert twice now and had a blast both times. Took about 4 or 5 hour roadtrip into Indiana to catch both of the live stage shows that he has done so far, then I stuck around for the meet and greet autograph signings afterward. Just be ready for a long line but you should get about a minute with the big guy for signings, pictures, and a question or two. To me he was just as fantastic in person as he was on the show.

02-20-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
I'm glad he's the same type of guy in real life.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
Yup, I'm glad it sounds like he's a genuinely down-to-earth guy who really wants to help kids and people out there.

The biggest problem with Rupert was that he was too "black and white" in terms of gameplay, and he was way too overexposed and overhyped by the CBS publicity machine, but that's more CBS's fault than Rupert's. But in real life, he sounds like a guy I'd really like to get to know -- can't say the same for most of the DAWs out there in all of the Survivors, even if I liked them on the show.

Scratch and sniff

cynthiarose 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-05, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cynthiarose Click to send private message to cynthiarose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
Rupert rocks.

02-21-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
I don't think I ever shared this lame website that I tossed together of some pics taken of Rupert at one of his live stage shows. If I haven't, now I am ...

http://members.aol.com/dreamerbeliever/index

survivor gal 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor%20gal Click to send private message to survivor%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Speaking of Rupert..."
Great pictures, dreamerbeliever. You are obviously a huge Rupert fan.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Rupert Boneham, white courtesy phone..."
I was curious to see what the bidding was up to, so I just tried to look up the auction. No longer there: for some reason, Ebay's pulled it. Lots of Rupert-related items in Current and Completed -- his signed tie-dyes seem to do pretty well -- but this item number came up as invalid, and there's no current or completed auction that matches the description.

02-20-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rupert Boneham, white courtesy phone..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-05 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Maybe it was a scam? I know that ebay has let similar charity phone call prizes go on until the end of the auction. Anyone who saw the lot, was the seller a newbie or have a large feedback rating?

Just wanted to edit in this charity blip from a Feb 13 Denver Post interview ...

AC: How often do you run into some of the other competitors on the show?

RB: Every once in a while. When I was in L.A., we did five episodes of "Family Feud." We're all out there trying to work.

AC: I don't know what it means that you've been on "Family Feud." I just don't know what to make of it.

RB: They got me by saying I could play for my charity, so I went out to play for Rupert's Kids and then when I got there, no one else wanted to play for a charity! I played for my charity, but everyone else played for their pockets!

divawife 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-20-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail divawife Click to send private message to divawife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rupert Boneham, white courtesy phone..."
Hi all,
I tried to bid on it and this is what I got in my e-mail:

"Please be aware that auction:

6369833018 - Charity Phone Call w/RUPERT BONEHAM from SURVIVOR 7

in which you were a bidding participant, has been ended early by eBay for violating one or

more of our listing guidelines.

Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the

transaction. Since this is a listing violation, the seller is free to relist the item in the

proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is

relisted.

If you care to review our listing guidelines for a better understanding of our auction

policies, they can be found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-ov.html

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have on our existing

policies.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc"

Of course if I had thought anything was wierd with it I would never had posted on it. I am sorry to have bothered you all with bogus information. I am bummed though, I would have liked to have really won it.

Sorry again,
Diva

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •