The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Smooth Moves - Week One"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-19-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Smooth Moves - Week One"
In bashers, we have the GUFA thread, where we vote for dumb game moves.

I think we need a thread here on fanatics, where we can vote for smart game play moves.

The GUFA thread asks for 2 player votes, and a production vote, so maybe we can follow that format here.

My player votes this week would be for Coby and Tom.

Coby was successful in ousting Johnathon. Weather that was smart or not, time will tell, but just the fact that he was able to do it, I thought was impressive.

Tom has clearly been thrown into the leader role on his tribe. That's a tricky thing, as leaders are always targets. But I thought he found a good balance thus far as to being a leader, but not being bossy or obnoxious.

Production? I liked how the first IC/RC required a mix of brains and brawn.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One echogirl 02-19-05 1
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One eat_em_alive 02-19-05 2
   RE: Smooth Moves - Week One Scarlett O Hara 02-19-05 7
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One Molaholic 02-19-05 3
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One dreamerbeliever 02-19-05 4
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One smokedog 02-19-05 5
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One Jims02 02-19-05 6
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One Mo0 02-19-05 8
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One seahorse 02-19-05 9
 RE: Smooth Moves - Week One clemsonbeav 02-20-05 10
   My $0.02 smokedog 02-20-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-19-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
Great idea!

Smooth Moves

1. Coby's influencing Jonothan's departure. Coby planted seeds of doubt about Jonathan and it obviously influenced the "pick em" game. Smmoth move!

2. Koror's performance in the IC. They had a great plan and worked together as a team.

Production

It looks like they picked a great location.

eat_em_alive 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eat_em_alive Click to send private message to eat_em_alive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
My vote would be for Tom. He was a real surprise for me to see how he dominated the challenge. He was also smart in avoiding the fire building task. All in all, he really surprised me that he was so interesting. He looked like somewhat of a dud initially and I wondered if he had made it due to the fireman factor. It is now obvious he is a player.

Even though he exerted great influence already, I think Coby will have a short life on this show. He is way too blatant and active in his scheming right from the get-go. I think that people will start talking and finding out that he is talking to everyone and his torch will get snuffed. Unless he backs off and gets a bit more subtle. But somehow I don't think that subtle is something he knows much about.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
My vote would be for Tom. He was a real surprise for me to see how he dominated the challenge. He was also smart in avoiding the fire building task. All in all, he really surprised me that he was so interesting.

Hate to be contrary here, but I give Tom a big Thumbs Down! I do not feel that he dominated the challenge. Ian was the one who in my opinion led his team to victory. Calling out the canoe strokes and steering the canoe ... All Tom did was hook up with Stephanie and take his tribe to an unknown island without any input from them (which looks to be like a bad decision!) That was a stupid move, IMHO. Then, in his confessional, he whines about it.

My vote goes to young Ian! He emerged as the first challenge winner. What did James say ... "That tall skinny dude sho cane swim..." He also guided his canoe beautifully onto IC victory. And he appears to be a great underwater diver. Lastly, he's a nice kid!

Second vote goes to Palau. It truly is a beautiful setting.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
Yes, a great ideee!

Players
1. Tom. UTR but clearly a leader. Managed to get rid of Jonathan.
2. Willard. Play up the "old man" bit but really making strong alliances.
Production
The theme. Magnificent natural beauty contrasted with unimmaginable horror of war.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Is it too soon to start a 1000-DAW countdown?

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
Smart Player Moves

1. Ian - for being a 23 year old man who picked Katie first when he still had the choice of any of the hottie girls. Very refreshing and I just know that I'm going to love these two clowning around together.

2. Katie - Basically the same reason as Ian. For picking Tom early over some of the 6 pack studs. Just love the Koror tribe btw

Production
location location location - very pretty.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Contestant:
1- Coby gets Jonathan eliminated
2- Koror is smart in the challenge

Production:
1- I like the theme music this year

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
Contestants
1. Koror smartly chooses to take only flint, giving them a pretty huge IC victory
2. Coby plants enough seeds in order to get Jonathan booted.

Production
1. Beautiful location
2. Just dropping the 20 players on the beach with little/no instructions.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-19-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Players
Coby getting Jonathan booted. Genius.
Koror not being total idiots at the IC.
Production
The opening title theme; probably the best the show has had so far.
The location; WOW is this a pretty area.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
1.Coby almost single handedly getting rid of Jonathan. What did he have against him except that he was someone to go after besides himself.

2. Koro's smart moves in the immunity challenge.

Production
1. The location is indeed the most beautiful location yet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Smooth Moves - Week One"
No noms here, but could someone explain how Coby got Jonathan eliminated? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Thanks!

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-20-05, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "My $0.02"
Coby said (in the ep) that he was going around and putting a bug in everyone's ear about Jonathan. I guess he did it because Jonathan didn't talk to him once (or do much talking at all). So when the time came, everyone thought Jonathan was not a guy you want on your team.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •