The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Palau- good beginning?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

eat_em_alive 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-18-05, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eat_em_alive Click to send private message to eat_em_alive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Palau- good beginning?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

SO, what a brutal and silly way to send home the 1st two people (although I was so glad to see Wacky Wanda go home quickly). I was so disappointed that they didn't find a more interesting way to cut the first two. I would have been happier if they would have cut the last two to the beach. Or just make them hang onto a branch and the first two that drop go home. Or... pretty much anything other than the old "we are back in the 6th grade picking teams for kickball and the last person picked is a loser." Or in this case, the last two get the most empty and humiliating send-off from Survivor in 10 seasons.

But, other than the method of the 2-person cut, I thought the show was in top form. Mark Burnett is a genius and truly crafts the most interesting stuff on TV. I love the show and I must say that part of the fascination of watching is wondering "what would I be doing if I were on the show right now." Oh how I would love to find out!

So I wait...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Palau- good beginning? LookeeLoo 02-18-05 1
   RE: Palau- good beginning? ohmyheck 02-18-05 2
       RE: Palau- good beginning? eat_em_alive 02-19-05 3
           RE: Palau- good beginning? KObrien_fan 02-19-05 6
 RE: Palau- good beginning? Survivorerist 02-19-05 4
 RE: Palau- good beginning? dreamerbeliever 02-19-05 5
   RE: Palau- good beginning? eat_em_alive 02-19-05 7
   RE: Palau- good beginning? jaceroo 02-19-05 8
       RE: Palau- good beginning? eat_em_alive 02-19-05 9
           RE: Palau- good beginning? jaceroo 02-20-05 13
               RE: Palau- good beginning? jaceroo 02-22-05 14
 RE: Palau- good beginning? Loree 02-19-05 10
 RE: Palau- good beginning? Mo0 02-19-05 11
 RE: Palau- good beginning? seahorse 02-19-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-18-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Welcome eal!

I agree, this particular selection process for the first two out was brutal, harsh, hard to watch even. But I have to say that I enjoyed the mix up of the elimination of players without going to TC.

For me, I really enjoy the social aspects of this game, versus the competition aspects of this game and this process came in to play.

I think that having each subsequent pickee pick the next tribe member was a great idea because, if you recall from grade school, the captain usually had one motivation for picking the team. And that was strength. This process they used gave us a wild card in that each picker may not have been necessarily motivated by strength, but by strategy. That is what I liked about it.

So for me, every member of the 20 had a chance for the first couple of days to make their impressions and influence the opinions of any of the pickees. And yes, chance does also play, which is true for all the seasons of Survivor.

Harsh? Yep. Definately. But somehow I was OK with that.

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-18-05, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
I agree. I feel this was the best beginning to a survivor in history. All the people left are so likable too!

02-19-05, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eat_em_alive Click to send private message to eat_em_alive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 00:48 AM (EST)

OhMyHeck- Do you think Jonathan believes that it was "the best beginning of Survivor in history?" I bet he thinks it sucked.

I suppose nothing is particularly fair or unfair about the game of Survivor, because the rules are made to be changed. I think that this game has evolved infinitely better than, say, AR.

I will concede that the elimination of the two right off the bat was dramatic and gripping. It definitely rocked everyone back on their heels from the get-go.

I also appreciated the twist of using successive choosers. However, I still think it was a terrible way to send home two people. Can you even imagine how Jonathan must have felt. To have made it to the show, and then to get dumped before you even had the chance to do anything. I was happy to see Wanda go, no matter the method.

Burnett certainly does have a knack for keeping everyone guessing.

But what happened to the big hype of "No help whatsoever." Except for fire and machetes and ...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-05, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
You know, it's funny how you empathize with Jonathan's feelings yet you don't care about Wanda's because you would just as soon see her go? The season start was a great idea, yes it was brutal, but the whole game itself is brutal. This start will definately keep them all on their toes.

I loved it. (And no I don't feel that badly for either of the 2 because at least they got on S10 and had a shot at making the bonds that would have kept them in the game. Both are out for very distinct reasons, and reasons that they themselves did have control over. No, they didn't get a tribal council to plead their cases, but they had the same exact amount of time as all the others to bond and make a statement of worth with their actions.)

Put it this way, would you rather be the last 2 alternates and never get a chance to be on the show, or, be 1 of 20 and let the others rather than a casting director make the choice?

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Hey, eatem! Welcome to the boards! Glad you decided to come out of the shadows and play with us! I'd just like to take this time to advertise the Fanatics Love List, posted this week by the lovely Echogirl. It's one of the most fun threads here, IMO (and not only because it's my baby )

New year, new look, new Erist!

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-05, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Welcome to the boards eat. You shouldn't have lurked for so long, just jump in with both feet and go for it! Think I was spouting off within 5 minutes of finding this site and haven't shut my yap yet. And I'm sure that some wish I would

Sorry to say but Survivor just isn't fair sometimes. Been numerous times that I thought something wasn't fair in this game. Rupert an ultimate tribe provider getting the boot in PI, Paschel pulling the rock, Skupin falling in the fire, Silas getting "smoked" from the switch, and now the Jonathan/Wanda eliminations can be added to the list.

Like Rich said during the all-star reunion, this aint chess. The rules are different and are flowing from season to season on the whim of a man named Mark Burnett. He is the Dungeon Master and he controls the game. Did I really just show my true geekyness by revealing my old D&D days? Where is my pocket-protector?

Personally, I loved the pick'em! If for no other reason than MB and Jiffy really had no control what so ever of the future game direction. What if the older crowd was divided up onto both tribes and were out numbered by the youngins 6-3? Well we would probably be staring a pagonging of monumental proportions straight in the face and an ultra-boring season. MB went to bed the night of the pick'em a very happy man! He got two very distinct tribes were a player will have to jockey for their own position rather than being the easy target that everyone can point too. Angie may be an only exception to this but we'll have to wait and see.

Does it kind of suck that Jonathan and Wanda are gone from the game without the traditional tribal council? Sure a little bit but a free trip to some tropical island for a few days. The trip they took to keep them out of trouble while the game was still going on. A couple of grand for playing. A little worldwide TV time for their friends and family to see them more than makes up for their non-traditional boot.

The only thing that was ever promised to Jonathan and Wanda for signing up to do Survivor was a shot at a million bucks, that's it.

02-19-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Thanks DreamBelieve- you are of course correct that fair is only as it exists in the mind of MB. the pick'em game certainly did spin things in an uncontrollable way.

i was surprised by how dominating tom was in the challenge. he completely stomped the young studs. and i loved his comment about not getting drawn into starting the fire because "it was such a losing proposition". i think that guy will go far if he can stay out of the leadership position.

on the other hand, he did make a pretty bad call on going to the new beach. i guess that he wondered if the grass would be greener because they offered it to the winning team.

jaceroo 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jaceroo Click to send private message to jaceroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Live life like it is your last day!
Hello everyone...I am new to any forum and posted to one thread wrong...but promice i will try and do better...now this is the forum I was looking for...one that talked about the show. I have posted on 2 others but may I join in on this forum?
If yes...do you think they will bring Jonathan and Wanda,the two that was not picked back in some way? I was thinking maybe they will.

02-19-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Welcome Jaceroo- Of course you are welcome.

I heard that MB has signed Wanda up to sing the new theme song for S11.

but seriously, you never know with MB so we might just see them again in one form or another. but my gut feeling is that they are gone for good.

02-20-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaceroo Click to send private message to jaceroo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
Live life like it is your last day! Thank you for letting me join you all here. I am still thinking they may come back. But we will just have to watch to find out. I remember on one show they did bring two people back...still woundering.
http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=444955&sitename=poetry599&password=&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry
Here is my poems if you would like to get to know me..I am not promotting my site...just thought you would like to know how I think.

02-22-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
I am sorry i messed up again...i forgot about the profile when i left my URL>>>i will not do that agin.
NOW, with that said I hope i do not have to say I am sorry again.
I loved the show, I thought it all was great. I can not wait to see what the other beach is going to look like. I hope it is not a swamp!

Live life like it is your last day!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
I really enjoyed this opening episode. I only wish it had been longer. Last year I was not happy with how they wasted so much time at the ceremony with the natives. But this time they got right to it with the players.

Survivor is never fair. And the type of personality that decides to go on the show should be ready to accept it. How often in a person's life do you immediately strip to your underwear to run around with a bunch of strangers while TV cameras follow you? If you can do that, you can be humiliated by not being picked by some strangers in a pick'em game. At least they got their few minutes of media buzz.

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-19-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
I thought the selection process was wildly unfair. That being said, Survivor has never been about fair. It's a TV show. The pick'em was good television, and was an interesting twist. I just wish they'd stayed in one tribe; the one thing that's been ticking me off is that they're constantly adding new players, and yet they're not trying to change the tribe structure. They'd better have some more interesting shakeups later on.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Palau- good beginning?"
I loved the first episode. I just rewatched it tonight and did not realize all that I had missed the first time around.

I thought the fact the two were voted out by selection prior to them even getting to a challenge or a tribal council was refreshing and a wake up call to the other survivors.

I liked this opening above all except for Panama and I have a much better feel for the contestants than I did at this point last season.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •