The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-18-05, 03:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 04:08 AM (EST)

I'll kick off the first Palau Love List in honor of Sir Erist who ran these so many years. I hope someone will continue this as I don't think I can do it every week, but it's a Fanatics tradition so somebody needs to carry the torch.

So who did you love? Who made the greatest impact (good or bad) this first episode? It's all about love here, so list the remaining Survivors 1 through 17. If you have any final words for our departed, then say it here!

1. Coby
2. Angie
3. Gregg
4. Ian
5. Stephenie
6. Katie
7. Jennifer
8. Janu
9. Willard
10. James
11. Caryn
12. Ibrehem
13. Kim
14. Tom
15. Ashlee
16. Jeff
17. Bobby Jon

Coby Lots of face time and he could be one of our narrators. He's very colorful and looks like he's going to be a great strategist. Picking Caryn over Angie was likely strategy. He single handlily put doubt about Jonathan in people's heads and who didn't get picked? Funny quote, "You go boy" and another when Jolanda selected Bobby Jon with the first pick.

Angie Great vibe from her. Yes she sticks out and was rightfully paranoid aboyut being selected last and being stuck on the pretty people tribe, but she seems to be pretty smart. I hope she can stick around for awhile.

Gregg A hottie with a brain? Well if episode one is any indication I have hope for one pretty boy.

Ian Ian is kinda cute in a geeky way. He seems pretty wise and is more athletic than I anticipated. Thing he could go very far.

Stephenie I'm thinking she may need to be the brains of Ulong.

Katie She had some funny confessionals and I'm hoping she pairs up with Coby. She has potential.

Jennifer I didn't think I would like her, but was pleasantly surprised from what little I saw of her.

Janu Really didn't expect to like Janu, but the tree climbing was great! Appears to be emotional, so she could go either way.

Willard I thought I would like Willard and I do. Classic confessional about Wanda! That said I'm wondering if he can hold up physically.

James Didn't annoy me as much as I thought he would. Some people are hoping for another Big Tom, but that would be my biggest nightmare. If he plays the dumb, lovable redneck without being too crude he might win me over.

Caryn Not a bad start. Competitive and I like how she bonded with Coby and Angie. Picking Willard was priceless too, just to see Jonothan's face!

Ibrehem Yep he's a hottie. Yep I still have hope. But he didn't do much this episode and seems to be bonding with the wrong people.

Kim Not much of an impression either way.

Tom Started off great. He seemed to bond with quite a few people, discuss strategy, and he didn't come across as bossy. And he proved in the challenge that he is physically fit and could hang with the younger guys. I never doubted that as he's a fireman and not that old. However he gets dropped out of my Top 5 for the idiotic decision to go to a new island. Let's see you already have a shelter pretty much built, you know where everything is, and you would exhaust the other tribe before the next challenge. DUMB! Okay nobody in Koror intervened, but it was his idea so I hold him most responsible. If this new island doesn't work out he might be held responsible much like Jolanda. Stay tuned!

Ashlee Mmm well her posture was perfect at Tribal Council!

Jeff Box of Rocks #2. Not as pretty as Box of Rocks #1, but slightly more intelligible. Can't wait for his romance...cough.

Bobby Jon Box of Rocks #1. Funny I understood everything James said, but not a word of Bobby Jon. Guess what? That's probably a good thing! Oh but he's so pretty. He's Silas pretty. But I daresay he makes Silas look like Einstein. That's scary!

Bye Bye

Jonathan Oh he was pretty too. And pretty dumb. Got snookered by a gay hairdresser and didn't even know it. The look on his face when he didn't get picked was priceless!

Wanda Oh My God. Wanda's voice must echo in the gates of Hell. Thirty minutes of Wanda was pure torture. Imagine what 24 hours would have felt like? I was totally having flashbacks of Lil. And what was scarier, Lil's Boy Scout uniform or Wanda in her slip? If John Kerry was a crossdresser he would look like Wanda. I bet he could sing better though!

Jolanda Could have, should have gone far. She is in awesome physical shape. But she did what I feared she might and came across too bossy. Her greediness cost Ulong the challenge, and then her Type A personality tried to control who got booted. Had she showed more humility and laid back a bit she might still be around. But her agressiveness was too much and I can't really fault Ulong for voting her off. Too bad because I wanted to like her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... KObrien_fan 02-18-05 1
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... PepeLePew13 02-18-05 2
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... PhoenixMons 02-18-05 3
   Jolanda echogirl 02-18-05 5
       RE: Jolanda PepeLePew13 02-18-05 10
       RE: Jolanda PhoenixMons 02-18-05 12
           RE: Jolanda echogirl 02-18-05 23
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Mo0 02-18-05 4
   RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Wacko Jacko 02-18-05 6
       RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... echogirl 02-18-05 22
           RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Mo0 02-18-05 24
           RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Wacko Jacko 02-21-05 30
               RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... echogirl 02-22-05 36
                   RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Mo0 02-22-05 38
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Das Mole 02-18-05 7
 Coby Das Mole 02-18-05 8
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Bebo 02-18-05 9
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... clemsonbeav 02-18-05 11
   RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... emydi 02-18-05 14
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... toddE 02-18-05 13
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... dreamerbeliever 02-18-05 15
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... johnthemod 02-18-05 16
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... arturbars 02-18-05 17
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Survivorerist 02-18-05 18
   RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... echogirl 02-18-05 20
       RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Survivorerist 02-21-05 31
           RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... I_AM_HE 02-21-05 32
               RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Survivorerist 02-21-05 34
                   It's your baby! echogirl 02-23-05 39
                       RE: It's your baby! Survivorerist 02-23-05 40
                       RE: It's your baby! I_AM_HE 02-23-05 41
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... PlumBlossom 02-18-05 19
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... LookeeLoo 02-18-05 21
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... uberspoon 02-19-05 25
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Lisapooh 02-20-05 26
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... seahorse 02-20-05 27
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... I_AM_HE 02-20-05 28
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... adricharlie 02-21-05 29
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... ohmyheck 02-21-05 33
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... Draco Malfoy 02-22-05 35
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... whoami 02-22-05 37
 RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love L... echogirl 02-23-05 42
 Last second list Jims02 02-24-05 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-05, 06:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Thanks for doing this Echo- good to see you around!

1. Ian
2. Angie
3. Coby
4. Stephanie
5. Katie
6. Tom
7. Willard
8. Janu
9. Caryn
10. James
11. Bobby Jon
12. Ibrehem
13. Kim
14. Jenn
15. Ashlee
16. Jeff
17. Gregg

Early impressions- There is going to be alot of drama, plotting and scheming this year!

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 06:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Thanks for starting this up, echo!

Like:

1. Coby - Flamboyant, colourful, opinionated, and a great strategist so far. Sounds familiar? Dicque Jr!
2. Ian
3. Stephenie
4. Willard
5. Jennifer

Indifferent so far:
6. Gregg
7. Tom
8. Kim
9. Angie
10. Katie
11. Ibrehem
12. Jeff
13. Ashlee
14. Caryn
15. Bobby Jon
16. Janu
17. James

Scratch and sniff

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-18-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Love List Time!

Overall, I was impressed with the potential of this season/cast. My three faves based on bios alone were Angie, Willard, and Ian. After we got preview clips, I added Coby, Katie, Stephenie and Kim ot my faves list. They're all still near the top of my list. I wish we would have had 2 hours - there was far too much going on for this to have been a 1 hour show and as a result, I have no clue what half these people did or said. That said...on with the list!

1. Coby - Boy do I *heart* Coby. As soon as I saw him in clips, I knew I'd love him.
2. Katie - she is hilarious. Hilarious is good. Reminds me of the good old days of Marquesas...she seems like someone I'd hang out with IRL
3. Ian - big lanky dolphin trainer has impressed me thus far. I liked that he picked Katie first, too Brains over braun!
4. Angie - Angie seems like a fun person and she definitely has the brains for the game.
5. Willard - Wheee! He's fun. He seems to be in decent shape, but decent might not be enough in this game
6.Stephenie - Like her enthusiasm (in the water first) even though it was silly to think she'd beat a boat to shore. Risky move to plant the Jolanda seed, but it paid off.
7. Janu - great tree climbing. I actually wasn't surprised I liked her. Looking forward to seeing more of her in terms of game-playing.
8. Ibrehem - as high as he is for a few reasons. He's GORGEOUS. He seems to me the kind of person who will keep his trap shut and play the game UTR, observing everyone in the process. He's GOERGEOUS. Hottest.Survivor.Ever. *thud*
9. Jen/Kim - I don't remember who did what (I can tell them apart, I just don't remember who did what now that it's the morning after) but I liked both of these gals inasmuch as we've seen them so far. Jen surprised me
11. Tom - he seemed a little schmoozy to me in pre-season stuff. I actually liked the idea of going for the unknown. Right now, they have NO CLUE what's going on in the game and I think I'd take that risk. For all they know there's a ready-made shelter and food waiting for them at the other beach. They didn't have much to go back to. This early in the game, I'd totally go for it. Sucks for him that he'll get blamed if it doesn't pan out.
12. James - he creeps me out, but they keep showing clips of him and his beady little eyes just observing. That could either be good (he's strategizing) or bad (he's going to be the first Survivor serial killer). I also hope it's not Big Tom redux. Here's hoping it's not.
13. Caryn - meh. The jury's still out on her.
14. Gregg - kinda funky vibe I got from him. We'll see what happens next time
15. Bobby Jon - he gets bonus points for being picked first...there were tons of strapping young men out there, so I assume there was a reason Jolanda picked him over the rest. Not much else to go on other than Forest Gump-like confessionals.
16. Jeff - not a favorable first impression
17. Ashlee - her voice is really damn annoying. The crap that comes out of her mouth is even more annoying. Here's hoping she shuts her pie hole.

I kinda feel bad for Jolanda. Strong black woman with a whole lot to offer her tribe...she should have known better than to start yapping so early (and dumb move with the decision at the IC to try to get everything...though I think it was equally dumb to go for just the fire. Not like there weren't enough people to carry SOMETHING else...as if it makes a difference now that it's at the bottom of the ocean), BUT from Jiffy's comments at TC, it seems as if that tribe is begging for someone to do just that.

Wanda - get off my TV and never come back. EVER.
Jonathan - who cares?

Got blog?

02-18-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Jolanda"
A lot has been said how MB typecasts AA males, but I think it's even more evident with AA females. With the exception of Vee (who brilliantly played UTR) and Tijuana, all have been very outspoken. With the exception of Alicia, all of the outspoken AA females were booted very early. It's as he's casting for conflict. I figured she would either go very early or last late into the game (she would have rocked in individual challenges) but I can't really fault Ulong for booting her. Just wish she would have been low key at first as she would have been safe otherwise. That said Jolanda is someone I'm sure I would like IRL.

Ibrehem? Oh he is indeed a hottie and I don't think he will make waves so that probably bodes well for him. I'm just hoping he's not another Nick who was great eye candy but pretty boring. I'm still waiting for another Sean R! He's still Top 3 All Time for me.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jolanda"
I don't think that MB was looking for an instigator in Jolanda and I don't think he consciously casted her to be a yapping and conflicting sort -- if you look at Jolanda's CBS profile, she comes across as a very impressive sort of person who has accomplished a tremendous amount in her life despite the family struggles. She should be complimented for that.

Yet, nobody forced Jo to shoot her mouth off or to create conflict in camp. It's one thing to present yourself in a positive way in 1-on-1 interviews during the casting process but it's another story once placed in a hostile camp setting with 19 other DAWs.

Jolanda created her own problems, it had nothing to do with MB or the casting process.

Scratch and sniff

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-18-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jolanda"
See my post in the Omarosa thresd at OT

ITA, btw. The first thing my dh said when she got voted off:

"there goes another strong black woman..."

I do blame MB in part...of the bazillion people who apply to Survivor, time after time, the Black cast members fit into stereotypical loud-mouthed, athlete roles. MB and crew choose the cast and the subsequent footage they want to use, so I do blame them in part for the 'roles' we're seeing. I think Ibrehem will be a more fun version of Nick (I hope), which will be a nice change of pace.

You could probably include Tijuana on the 'outspoken' list, but she did her work by manipulating others (remember how successful she was at orchestrating boots while keeping UTR). Sean is still my #1 overall.

I guess I expected Jolanda would have known better.

Got blog?

02-18-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Jolanda"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 11:17 PM (EST)

Hi PM!

Read the post but don't know who Omarosa is as I've never watched that show.

As for MB sharing the blame? Well I'm pretty sure he sticks to certain typecasts whether people want to admit it or not. He has his target audience and that helps him dictate the types of people that are cast. For example we are always going to see a disproportionate amount of twentysomething pretty people because MB wants the young (mostly white) audience. How else could we explain all the model/actor wannabees? He also likes to cast a few outspoken people to stir the pot as drama/conflict often make the show more interesting. More often than not, the minority contestants casted help fit this bill. If you look at the Black, Hispanic, Asian and Gay people that have been cast, the vast majority certainly qualify. I would like to see a 50 something black male in the Rodger/Paschal mold (yep there are plenty out there) for example, but we probably won't. I would like to see more Hispanics cast (considering the percentage of the US population they make up, they are probably the most under-represented group on Survivor) but with only 2, maybe 3 minority slots per season we probably won't. Then again I'm one of those melting pot people that likes to see as much diversity as possible because that's the world I live in!

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-18-05, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-05 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

1. Coby -- While he's a bit flamboyant (can't stand people who fit the stereotype), he's definitely starting off on the right foot, basically causing Jonathan to go home.

2. Angie -- I've always loved the freak characters, just because they don't fit the pretty boy/girl mold.

3. Ian -- He's a fast little booger.

4. Janu -- Awesome name, and awesome tree climbing skills.

5. Tom -- He kicked ##### at the challenge.

6. Willard -- For being the oldest survivor after the insta-elimination. I was worried he'd be going home.

The rest of these people I never really got a chance to get attached to:

7. Gregg
8. Ibrehem
9. Stephenie
10. Katie
11. Jolanda
12. Ashlee
13. Kim
14. Caryn
15. Bobby Jon
16. Jeff
17. James

Eliminated:

Wanda - Believe it or not, I had Wanda picked to win, just on a whim. I kinda knew my decision was screwed when she started singing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Jonathan - Who?

Jolanda - I really think Ulong's doomed. She seemed to be the one intelligent person on her tribe, and now that she's gone, I fear for their safety.
-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-18-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
I will just rank 1 -

#20 - Coby - I can't believe you people are in love with him. He is by far the most annoying cast member. Even more annoying than Wanda was. You could tell Wanda had some good qualities even though she was annoying. Coby had none.

02-18-05, 10:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Hi Wacko,

Well I guess that's why we call this the Love List. There have been a lot of Survivor characters who people have had strong feelings for one way or another and regardless of what end of the list they end up on if they can evoke that much positive and negative response at the same time then it's probably good casting. A lot of past Survivors fit this bill. Rob M. is a great example. Not much middle ground on him. Tom too. I thought Tom was despicable, but he's one of the all time favorites on this board. You either love him or hate him. Unlike Jon Fairplay (who was despicable but cast as a villian from the start), Tom was edited as a funny, lovable Good Ole Boy. To me Tom was a borderline bigot and misogynist jerk with no redeeming qualities. Travis (S9) was a lovable, Good Ole Boy type I could like. As much as I disliked Tom, he was great casting because you could not help but have an opinion on him.

As for Coby not having any redeeming qualities? Well I disagree, but that's not why I liked him E1. I enjoyed him because he was colorful, had an interesting personality, I didn't find him annoying, and most importantly he was strategizing and playing the game from day one. I have no doubt that Wanda has some good qualities, but to come across so annoyingly when you have such a distinct physical disadvantage is one of the most idiotic things you can do in Survivor. Physically competent contestants (see Peter) have shown that before, and you are at a double disadvantage if you are annoyingly wacky and physically challenged from the start.

02-18-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
That's the same reason I liked Coby. He showed initiative right from the getgo, and some might say that he caused Jonathan not to make it past the tribe selection.

-Mo0cow--

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
I agree with about everything you said Echogirl except I dislike Coby. I do agree that casting him was a good choice. If I had to rank based on casting I would rank him up towards the top. I ranked him 20 however because I can not stand the guy.

Ironically Johnny Fairplay is one of my all-time favorites. Maybe Coby will grow on me. I liked Fairplay because he made the game interesting. Johnny took a bit from the WWF that if you play a character (as well as he did) people will not know what the real person is. Fairplay was probably a dirtball like he portrayed, but I don't care he made the game so much more intersting. I was so glad when he snookered Ruppert, because it was Rupport this and Ruppert that. I have no doubt Ruppert is a better person in real life but I was getting tired of the Ruppert Show.

Just so you know, it's not a gay thing either. I really like Chip and Reichen from the Amazing Race.

Just Curious as to what you thought of Johnny Fairplay.

02-22-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-05 AT 10:31 PM (EST)

I thought Johnny Fairplay was brilliant casting. I really enjoyed watching him. It's always fun watching a good villian and I don't have to personally like the character to find them enertaining. I knew Johnny Fairplay was evil going in, so I took that into account when I watched him. If a player is edited in a good light (he wasn't) and I find things I dislike, I'm more likely to harshly judge them. So I knew Johnny Fairplay was a despicable human being and that was what I expected to see from him. Make any sense?

I'm not sure who our villian is yet. It could very well be Coby. Stephenie is my other candidate at this point.

02-22-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
I agree completely. Johnny Fairplay was probably the dirtiest player the series has seen, yet you couldn't help but watch him. He was a character first and foremost, but one really good one.

-Mo0cow--

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Stephenie - Seems nice, we'll see if she turns into a frigid b!tch later on in the game.
2. Janu - She seems nice as well, I like her.
3. Ian - Looks like he's going to be the only tolerable guy in this game.
4. Jennifer - Didn't really talk much (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we heard her at all), but I think she seems like an OK person.
5. Caryn - Would be higher if she wasn't w/Coby.
6. Katie - She seems OK.
7. Jeff
8. Gregg
9. Angie - Is it just me, or was there a part where she was walking around and had no pants on? *Shudder* Anyway...I felt kinda bad for her that she was targeted for being the "freak" or w/e.
10. Willard
11. Ashlee - OK. In her pic on the CBS site, she looks like Diana DeGarmo from AI3, but on the show she looks like some kind of Latina J.Lo wannabe. She looks nothing like she does in the picture. I think she's gonna go far mainly b/c we didn't see much of her at all.
12. Kim
13. Ibrehem - Seems kinda weird, didn't talk much.
14. Tom - Eh, he's average, but out of the average group, he's the lowest. I don't get too many good vibes from him.
15. James - Seems a little irritating to me.
16. Bobby Jon - Looks like a little momma's boy.
17. Coby - Don't like him. It's not a homophobic thing or anything like that at all, but he just seems like he's already going to be a little underhanded at some point in the game.

*Note* Players from 6-14 are all in the pretty much average group, didn't get too many strong feelings about them or anything. That's most likely to change next week or soon, I hope.

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Coby"
Wow. I didn't realize so many people liked him. I guess he's our country music guy...just like country music, you either love him or you hate him

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Since we don't know the contestants very well, most of my picks will be based on superficial criteria. As we get to know the contestants better...most of my picks will be based on superficial criteria.

1. Ibrehem - Since I was ready to throw things at the TV the moment that lunatic Wanda started to sing, I decided Ibrehem would be #1 on my list solely for making the final pick that sent her home. And on the superficial criteria meter - yummy.

2. Angie - For a "weird" person, she seemed amazingly down-to-earth to me.

3. Tom - Oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby. Please, for the sake of the female viewers, hide all of his shirts for his remaining time on the island. Too bad it's going to be short if he keeps making stupid decisions like switching camps. You did all that work on a shelter and then decide to abandon it? You lost the flint, so you can't blame smoke inhalation for that brain fart, cutie.

4. Janu - I saw "showgirl", I wanted to hate her. But her monkey climb during the shelter build showed that she's bringing talents to the game, and I'm not talking about the ones bolted on her chest.

5. Stephanie - Seems like a player to me. But jumping out of the boat that early? Rash decisions can lead to torch snuffs, m'dear.

6. Caryn - Usually, I'd penalize a woman for picking a geezer over eye candy, but I completely understand her decision in this case.

7. Katie - Gets points for being non-boring.

8. Ian - You can train my dolphin anytime, babe. I have a feeling he'll be going up in the standings as I get to see more of him (and yes, take that in any perverted context you'd like).

9.Coby - Surprised he's ending up this low, because I did like him. So what if he's being underhanded? That's what this game is.

10. Gregg - You'd think someone that cute would have made more of an impression on me.

11. Jeff - see #10

12. Willard - Seems like a nice enough guy. I guess.

13. Jenn - I'm sorry, did you say something?

14. Kim - see #13

15. Ashlee - She looked so preppy at TC. Gag.

16. Bobby Jon - mumble mumble mumble. Excuse me? Oh, wait, sorry, it's me. Normally I don't care if good looking men talk.

17. James - Yes, you're amusing, but as a Southerner, I can't help but feel uncomfortable with the perpetuation of the redneck stereotype.

The Eliminated

18. Jolanda - Don't get me wrong, she's an impressive woman. But her decision to try for all the goodies (and then only abandon FIRE) was stupid, stupid, stupid. She wanted to lead, and when given the chance to lead, she led them straight to TC.

19. Jonathan - High points on the eye candy scale, but his comment about expecting to be picked earlier definitely gave off the "and he knows it" vibe. Sorry not to be able to ogle your bod for a few more weeks, hon, but not really that sorry to see you go.

20. Wanda - MY EARS! MY EARS! AAAAAAAAAGH!!!!! The moment she opened her mouth, I had to fight the urge to run out of the room screaming. My only consolation was knowing that her backside would be on the boat home quickly. Sometimes, trying to be the fun one just makes you the obnoxious one. Nutjob.

Beblo and Kimdra

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Ian - Great guy, smart, should go far. Don't think he'll win, though.
2. Janu - I don't know, I just lvoe her! She's got that foreign allure about her that just makes me want to know more about her.
3. James - Jeff Foxworthy!
4. Stephenie - She should go very far. I hope she doesn't make any more rash decisions.
5. Ashlee - Gotta put my hometown girl up there!
6. Tom - Brains and braun it looks like.
7. Gregg
8. Katie
9. Kim
10. Jennifer
11. Bobby Jon
12. Jeff
13. Caryn
14. Ibrehem
15. Angie - Should go far.
16. Willard - How did he get picked over Jonathan?
17. Coby - Dicque, Jr.

Beav: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Beav!! I knew you'd like Ian...he reminds me of you...although he's just a bit taller

Ok here is my list:

1. Ian - I agree with Beav!!! He is my early favorite to win (I HOPE) and I can actually like a contestant from my hometown of Pittsburgh!!! I thought I would like him and I do.

2. Angie--I hope she lasts until the jury stage. I think she will get over this initial targeting and others in her tribe will help her stay by being idjuts!! I didn't think I'd like her as much as I do.

3. Coby--he is a gay Rob C--but not as conniving as Rob--at least not yet Thank god he's not like Brandon!!

4-5. Katie and Stephenie--I like these gals about the same, not enough to separate them so they are 4 1/2 to me!! I think they both will go far and Stephenie I think is the most beautiful of the women. I thought I'd like them and I do.

6. Tom--I think he will be the Lea of this year but not as loud. I did not think I would like him as much as I did. He needs to find that flint though!!

7. Janu - I like her but I didn't think I would. She is extremely athletic (she is a dancer) but she is SOOOOOOOO skinny....if they don't get fire for water and food, she may just blow away!!

8. Caryn--she seems to be playing the game..she has a bit of a PI Trish feel to me and may pay for it later on.

9. Gregg--I keep thinking of Greg Brady for him...he seems like he will be around for a while...

10. Ibrehem--OK HE IS a 10 isn't he!!!! EYE CANDY--whether his voting with JO will hurt him??? he may just blend in enough to make the jury, probably an early juror bc of his athleticism. I am wondering tho why it took so long for him to be picked?? antisocial???

11. Willard--He is like Pappy/Roger, he may make it to Final 4-5, unless he loses a challenge?

12. James - well, I hope he has more substance than the "character" he is trying to play.

13. Jennifer--better than I had expected but I can't really tell her apart from Kim, she is above the others bc she's not on their tribe.

14-17 Ashlee/BJ and Kim/Jeff- If they decide to quit to have a double wedding I would have no problems with that!! I think one of these four may be our next boot.

AND THE REST...

Jonathan--he must not have talked much to everyone (like IB), Coby was his downfall....he would have just replaced BJ or Jeff to me so who cares....

Wanda--WTF was that is all I can say

Jolanda--okay I really wanted her to stay longer but she played the game poorly yesterday. Why she picked BJ, I'd like to know? I wonder if she had taken IB what the tribes would have looked like. I wish she was still on the show..... but Angie wouldn't have been my choice, it would have been Ashley or Kim.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-18-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Angie--So what if she's a hot topic chick, I dig her big time and hope she goes far.

2. Coby--If he had picked Angie, he'd be #1. I see the strategy in picking Caryn, though.

3. Stephanie--Very likable, playing the game but in a smart way from the get-go.

No real impressions of anyone else except...

20. Jolanda. Dear Jolanda, at this point I am sure you have seen Survivor before going on the show. Didn't you learn anything? You helped orchestrate your own boot. As my 24-year-old friend said while watching, "We don't need or want a bossy mother." Silly, silly Jolanda.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-18-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
The first love list of the season is the toughest but I'll give it a shot.

1) Ian - Hope he wins the whole darn thing! Him being happy that the majority of the older contestants were on his tribe says a lot about Ian. He's going be a barrel of fun and will dominate in water challenges.

2) Katie - Love this girl! Since she's a dead ringer for Jenna Lewis, hoping for a positive upbeat person without the annoyance. Her picking Tom early on over the young muscle bound studs says a lot about her character.

3) Tom - Tom was a complete animal in the immunity challenge. Wanting to go to the new beach for a new adventure was probably a mistake but clearly he is a leader.

4) James - The first confessional of the season is James calling Jiffy a sum beotch. Priceless! The accent may get old after a while but right now it's just colorful.

5) Willard - Wanting to toss Wanda overboard and calling her a lunatic is enough of a reason for a top five slot for him.

6) Janu - The monkey girl! Really liked her raw emotion during the pick'em, very enduring.

7) Gregg - strong younger buck of the older tribe and wasn't down at all about it. Like Ian, seemed to almost embrace it.

8). Angie - I like underdogs and she is just that on her tribe. Could she be the next Chris and comeback from the brink? Probably not but we'll see.

9) Coby - Clearly Coby is a hard-core player but the strategic aspects are not why I watch the show. Still wondering why he campaigned against Jonathan but hey it worked. So he does deserve some credit.

10) Caryn - not enough airtime yet, so middle of the pack for now.

11) Ibrehem - not enough airtime yet, so middle of the pack for now.

12) Jennifer - Eye candy but no opinion yet.

13) Ashlee - Eye candy but no opinion yet.

14) Kim - Eye candy but no opinion yet.

15) Bobby Jon - seems like a nice guy but picked the wrong group to go with at TC. Reminds me a lot of Brady from last season. Not in looks but voting his own way rather than finding out the majority and going with it.

16) Stephanie - Total hottie but did tell the first lie in the game. Sorry I just don't like the lying. Hoping she climbs up my list however.

17) Jeff - The crybaby slap of the paddle in the water after the loss is enough of a reason to place him down here for me.

Bootee Jolanda - You're a strong in your face woman but in Survivor you have to check that at the door. Said it yourself at TC, to witchy too soon.

Eliminated Jonathan and Wanda - Thank you Survivor gods for taking out Wacky Wanda. If I had to take much more of her I would of wore out the mute button on my remote. Jonathan, still kind of scratching my head about why you're out but hey you are so whatever. Sorry you lost some eye candy so early ladies.

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Looks like a pretty good season:

1. IAN - I think I'm going to be rooting for him all season, he's smart, athletic, tall and geeky in such a likable way, and I love his tribe.

2. JANU - she's beautiful and I loved seeing her climb that tree, we'll see but I think she could be another Sandra

3. COBY - I was worried he was going to go b/c he got so much facetime, but apparently he's just that interesting

4. WILLARD - soo glad he was picked, I think he's going to have some great brutal confessionals about the others

5. STEPHENIE - my favorite on Ulong, she appears to be in the center of things there right now

6. CARYN - seems smart, shrewd, and I think she has the potential to go far

7. TOM - yes he made a dumb decision about the beach, but other than that, I think he'll make a good leader

8. GREGG - he's really cute, and I hope he plays smart too, we'll see who he allies himself with before more judgment

9. ANGIE - I've gotta say, I was kind of hoping they'd vote her off over Jolanda, but if she manages to last for a while, she'll make a better underdog than Chris did last season

10. JENNIFER - not really in this episode much, but she's cute and she picked Coby.

11. KATIE - she might be annoying or she might actually be funny, it speaks highly of her that she was picked first by Ian and picked Tom

12. BOBBY JON - he sure is pretty. I think he made the right move voting for Angie, and I don't think they're going to hold it against him too badly.

13. JAMES - he might be good for some sound bites, and I see him lasting for a while, even though I'm not TOO thrilled about it

14. KIM - for her and IB this is just about being boring this week, if they show some more personality they'll move way up

15. IBREHEM

16. JEFF - I knew going in that he wasn't going to be that interesting, what surprised me is he's also not that cute, he looks fake

17. ASHLEE - she looks like Diana DeGarmo, that's enough for me not to like her

VOTED OFF:
JOLANDA would've been towards the top for me. yes she was abrasive, but she was also REALLY strong, and I think the team will suffer if they continue voting off the strong people first.

JONATHAN - no big feelings either way. before the episode I thought Jeff would be left behind, turns out to be Jonathan, they're pretty interchangeable so no biggie.

WANDA - wow she was annoying. I watched her video on Insider and there was something really endearing about her weirdness, but I don't think I could've watched it week after week. Glad she's gone.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-18-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
After the firrst episode:

I liked Tom, Ian, and Janu.

Indifferent to everyone else, except for those i did not like - Coby, Jolanda, and Wanda. Luckyly for me two out of those three are gone after the first episode. Sleezy snake Coby is still there, but my opinion will change after next couple of episodes.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Position. Name

1. Stephenie
2. Ian
3. Tom
4. Coby
5. Angie
6. Janu
7. Jenn
8. Ibrehem
9. James
10. Willard
11. Katie
12. Caryn
13. Ashlee
14. Kim
14. Jeff
14. Bobby Jon
14. Gregg (4x tie)

Survivorerist's Chart Notes:

- It's still quite early in the season, but I am going to award my first #1 position to Stephenie. Oddly enough, I'm not even sure if she's the one I'm thinking of, but I remember someone trying to get Jolanda voted off and screaming at her tribe to leave the items and go. I think that was her and she's definitely shown herself to be the brains of Ulong. Either way, congrats Stephenie on being the season's first #1

- At #2 this week sits Ian. You've got a lot of spunk and energy. Way to pick your tribe this week as apparently your choice of wisdom over strength paid off in the immunity challenge. You seem like a fun, likeable guy who will go far in the game

- #3 is Tom. You pulled your tribe through the immunity challenge this week and I can see you'll eventually emerge as the leader of your tribe. Keep up the good work!

- Skipping down, Jenn is at #7. Usually I put the cutest survivor at #1 in the first week, but instead you land 6 places lower. Nobody stood out in the looks department, but you seem like the frontrunner to me so far

- #8, Ibrehem. I definitely thought you should've been picked sooner. The older tribe could've used your strength and I definitely think that you shouldn't've gone as late as you did.

- To everyone else, it's not as though I hate you, but rather I haven't really got to know you yet. I hope to see your personalities shine a bit more in the upcoming weeks

Finally Echo, thanks for starting this up. I'd definitely be willing to take over this again starting next week, but awesome job with the first list!

New year, new look, new Erist!

Top 5 FLL Castaways
1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Amber Brkich (10 weeks at #1)
3. Heidi Strobel (9 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (7 weeks at #1)
5. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
5. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)

02-18-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Hi Sir!

This is your baby so I'll hand it back over to you. Not sure I could do it every week anyway. However if you have a week where you don't think you can do it, let me know and I'll try to fill in for you.

02-21-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Thanks very much echo! The actual plan was for me and iamhe to split the hosting and alternate weeks. If you'd like, I'd be glad to split my weeks with you too (so I'd get week 3, you'd get week 5, etc.) It wouldn't be too much of a commitment and your lists are awesome!

Top 5 FLL Castaways
1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Amber Brkich (10 weeks at #1)
3. Heidi Strobel (9 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (7 weeks at #1)
5. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
5. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
we can split it 3 ways too. do you want to do next week, or do you want me to take it? either way is fine with me

02-21-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
How about you take next week, and I'll take week 3 then we'll go alternating from there.

Does that work for everyone?

02-23-05, 01:08 AM (EST)
39. "It's your baby!"
You guys seem to have a plan, so just go with it! I wasn't sure if anyone had this covered so I did the first one.

02-23-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
40. "RE: It's your baby!"
Just to clarify, I meant we'd go in a three week cycle, echo. So that'd put you up for week 4, 7, 10, etc.

02-23-05, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: It's your baby!"
Sir, I can take tomorrow. And echo, thanks so much for starting, as I was out of town. It would be great if you want to do every 3rd week (or however often you feel like it)!

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-18-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Ian
2. Angie
3. Ibrehem
4. Willard
5. Janu
6. Katie
7. Jennifer
8. Gregg
9. Jeff
10. Ashlee
11. Caryn
12. Bobby Jon
13. Kim
14. Tom
15. Coby
16. Stephenie
17. James

an IceCat original

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-18-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
The ones I think I'll like for sure are:

1) Ian (a stand up guy at 23. What is not to like?)
2) Katie (smart and fun)
3) Tom (respectable and strong)
4) Steph (just got a feeling about her being able to play a good game)
5) James (cause he'll mix things up)
6) Cody (I think he is game-smart, but I think he may be motivated by insecutity. Just a feeling. At any rate, I think he'll be fun to watch.
7) Willard (again, respectable, life experienced and what can I say, I like it when older people can stand up to the youngins)
8) Janu (didn't think I'd like her but she impressed me with her monkey skils)

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-19-05 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

I. Love At First Sight
1.Angie
2.Ian
3.Stephenie
4.Katie
5.Janu - depending on which tribe i wound up on, i would go out of my way to bond with her, Ian, and/ or angie (and at least in the case of Angie, it'd prolly mean i wouldn't even make jury)...but there's something about Janu, she just seems like she would be a fascinating person to hang out with.

II. On The Fence
6.Coby - we dont all act like that. i think he might have good game, but i'm just getting really tired of the walking, talking gay stereotypes MB casts.
7.Tom
8.Willard

III. Who? (ranked by likelihood of my liking them in the future
9.Gregg
10.Caryn
11.Ashleeeeeeeee (if you're gonna go overboard on the e's, might as well go all the way)
12.Kym
13.Jeff - did anyone else happen to notice that he appeared to be on the verge of throwing a hissyfit at least twice? he won't last long.
14.Jennifer

IV. WOW! You already blow!
15.Ibrehem - if he'd been a little less smug, i'd have bumped him into the neutral category.
16.James - the level of my dislike of him can only mean he'll at least make final 4.
17.Bobby Sue - will they stop casting people who just want to be on TV already?

Au Revoir
1. Jolanda - The most bizarre first boot ever. She should have totally been on the jury. She was tough, determined, and all that good stuff. Unfortuneatly she overplayed too early. tsk, tsk.

2. Jonothan - Seemingly the human equivalent to watching paint dry...but he looked so good in those black boxer-briefs that i was sorry to see him go. i doubt he would have ever made the jury anyway.

3.Wanda - Jesus H., woman! what are you on and where can i find some? i'll bet everyone else in that game were thanking their lucky stars that they were able to get rid of her so fast. by comparison, she made Lil seem bearable, scout seem grounded, and Jan seem stable.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Ian - he's so goofy and sweet. He's an adorable kid.
2. Katie - seems like a fun, smart girl.
3. Angie - more grounded and likeable than I expected.
4. Gregg - eye candy on the right tribe.
5. Tom - would be higher except for the bone-headed switch islands thing
6. Janu -she's cute and sorta awkward - didn't expect that, it's endearing
7. Caryn - tough and smart - we'll see if she turns out to be evil
8. Stephanie - fierce competitor - she'll need to bite her tongue
9. Ibreham - he sure is purty.
10. Willard - I thought I'd like him more
11. Coby - almost to catty, but very entertaining.
12. Kim - didn't hear much from her, but she seems smart.
13. Jen - same thing - I think I'll like her.
14. Ashlee - better than I thought, but still not digging her.
15. Bobby Jon - cute and stupid - that's my kind of man
16. Jeff - smarmy and hairless - that's not my kind of man.
17. James - he gives all us rednecks a bad name - he is playing a part. can't stand him

Jolanda - a great body - just couldn't shut her mouth
Jonathan - how boring must he have been to not get picked with that body?
Wanda - here's a song for you - na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"

Like so far
1. James
2. Angie
3. Gregg
4. Ian
5. Tom
6. Willard
7. Coby

The jury is still out on these
8. Janu
9. Katie
10. Jennifer
11. Caryn
12. Ibrehem
13. Kim
14. Stephenie
15. Ashlee
16. Jeff
17. Bobby Jon

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-20-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-05 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

One of the best episodes ever, and one of the worst. Best, because the challenge was brilliant, and worst because the pick'em idea SUCKED, and I liked (or had the strong potential of liking) all three of those who went. Jolanda was my favorite!

So of the pathetic crew that remains:

1. Bobby Jon
2. Ibrehem
------
3. Ian
4. Tom
5. Katie
------
6. Janu
7. Willard
8. Jennifer
9. Gregg
10. Caryn
11. Coby
------
12. James
13. Jeff
14. Kim
15. Angie
16. Ashlee
17. Stephanie

OUT - Jolanda - you were robbed by petty, spoiled, stupid children. Come back Jo!

Wanda - there was good and bad about Wanda. Bad: she was a little crazy. Good: she was a little crazy. I think she would have been fun to watch.

Jonathan - I liked the guy and hated how Coby went after him. Only bad thing was jumping ship so early.

Bobby Jon and Ibrehem get top 2 because they were on Jo's side. Bobby Jon gets #1 because he was good enough to be Jo's first pick.

Then comes the Koror tribe, and all the losers that voted out Jo at the bottom.

First, the trio of Ian, Tom, and Katie - like them and hope they go far! It's really bizarre that I had these 3, along with Jo and Willard, in my preseason favorites category, and they end up allied!

Janu - go monkey girl!

Willard - nothing yet to get excited about, but still lots of hope for good things.

Jennifer and Gregg - MIA

Caryn and Coby - deserve to be lower, but I couldn't put any of the Ulong Idiots above them for this week. Couldn't stand these two, but Caryn might have a slight chance for redemtion. I seriously doubt Coby (who would be 15 or 16 this week if not for the Ulong Rule, and competing for the bottom every week hereafter if his behavior continues) does. First his jealousy of Jonathan, and then his stabbing Angie in the back. Disgusting.

James - really liked him a whole lot more than I thought I would. Is this week's unofficial Greatest Gainer, because I actually thought he would be one of my least favorites. Would actually be in th 6-8 range if not for his vote against Jo (and maybe higher if the top 5 spots weren't taken up by the two alliances I like).

Jeff and Kim - not much to go on.

Angie - a little whiney, but can't blame her for her vote like I do the others. She was only trying to save herself.

Ashlee - the little Stephanie

Stephanie - as I watched TC, I realized Stephanie was one of those people whose ugliness inside actually transformed her physical appearance. Her pettiness was not just unattractive; it made HER unattractive.

I actually think Jo's plan to take everything was smart. So it meant they lost the first challenge. They cut the dead wood, and then don't lose again until a switch or merge. But Spiteful Stephie was too blind to see it. Jo's mistake was not thinking to use this as a selling point, and further trusting the ugly Stephanie.

Also, had to laugh at Koror losing their fire. LMAO.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"

I'm easily confused so only have an impression of a few people so far.

1. Angie - Call it rooting for the underdog but I kinda like her!

2. James - It will be interesting to see how long he lasts but I like listening to that accent.

3. Ian - He could go far I think.

4. Coby - I just really don't like him, which of course means he'll be final 3 or 4. He has already shown he can't be trusted and yet he can sway people to his way of thinking. What exactly did he have against Jonathan anyways?

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-21-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Was I the only person who found this bunch to be very likable?

1) Janu - I thought that she was great. Seems to be in an alliance with Tom, Ian and Katie.

2)Katie - I thought that she was funny. I liked listening to her confessionals.

3)Ian - I feel he's a quiet leader. I hope he makes it to the merge.

4)Caryn - For making a good decision in eliminating Jonathan. She's in an alliance with Coby and Gregg.

5)Coby - Because he manipulated these morons without them realizing it.

6)Gregg - Who?

7)Jenn - Who?

8)Willard - Unfortunately, he didn't knock Wanda off the boat.

9)Angie - She's the best on Ulong.

10)Kim - I like her.

11)Stephenie - Waaayyy too paranoid.

12)Tom - What a moron. Nice guy though.

13)James - Slightly annoying.

14)Ibrehem - Very disillusioned.

15)Ashlee - Really annoying accent.

16)Bobby Jon - Dumb yet intelligent.

17)Jeff - I forgot who he was.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
1. Angie- I love that for once they've cast someone who doesn't fit an established "character": the gay one, the pretty one, the redneck, the lunatic, the old one, etc. I hope she lasts.
2. Coby- He strikes me as Richard Hatch only a bit more flaming. Should be fun to watch. I liked the shirt/skirt he was wearing at one point.
3. Ian- Reminds me of Gabe, but he actually came to play the game.
4. James- Rednecks are always funny, and when your first words are "Jeff is a sumbitch", you go way up in my estimation.
5. Ashlee- Another unconventional cutie. The sweater has to go though.
6. Janu- I had her pegged as a diva, but I have a feeling she's going to be pretty tough. Good for her.
7. Tom- Boston Rob, circa 2025.
8. Stephenie- This year's Jerri?
9. Willard- Seems nice enough. But worry if he starts singing "Ben".
10. Caryn- Another person who seems nice enough.
11. Gregg- Something about him rubs me the wrong way. I don't know why.
12. Katie- I think she's going to get on my nerves.
13. Ibrehem- Show me you're more than just a pretty body.
14. BJ- Dull dull dull.

Unranked due to invisibility
Jennifer
Kim
Jeff

Loser LodgeJonathon- Never has "15 minutes of fame" been taken so literally. Wanda- At least we don't have to hear her sing the rest of the time. Jolanda- Didn't that immunity feel good while it lasted?

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-22-05, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
#1.- Ian What is there not to like.
#2.- Angie She is enterresting. Hope they keep her around.
#3.- Stephenie
#4.- Caryn
#5.- Janu
#6.- Willard
#7.- Kim
#8.- Gregg
#9.- Katie
#10.- Tom
#11.- James
#12.- Ibrehem
#13.- Ashlee
#14.- Bobby Jon
#15.- Jeff
#16.- Jennifen
#17.- Coby Do not like him.

Not much to say about them now except this was a good way to start this season.
WHOAMI

02-23-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Survivor Palau Episode 1 Love List"
Okay peeps here are the official week one Love List rankings. A few folks only listed a couple of Survivors so I did not add those to these rankings. Out of the 20 lists I did calculate, this is how they ranked.

Rank/Name/Average/#1's

1. Ian - 2.40 (8)
2. Angie - 4.75 (2)
3. Janu - 5.70 (1)
4. Katie - 6.55
5. Stephenie - 7.20 (2)
6. Tom - 7.45
7. Coby - 7.60 (4)
8. Willard - 7.85
9. Gregg - 8.40
10. Caryn - 9.40
11. Ibrehem - 10.15 (1)
12. Jennifer - 10.25
13. James - 11.50 (1)
14. Kim - 12.30
15. Ashlee - 12.95
16. Bobby Jon - 13.90 (1)
17. Jeff - 14.30

Ian is our runaway favorite after episode 1. He received 40% of the 1st place votes. Only one person had him ranked lower than 4th, and nobody ranked him lower than 8th. He's the only person that did not garner any negative vibes.

Angie is number two. Only a couple of people dislike her and she garnered the 2nd most "Top 3" votes.

Janu only recieved 4 "Top 3" votes, but only one person ranked her below 8th so she vaulted past a few people.

Katie was generallly liked, but no one put her #1.

Stephenie is the highest ranked person to appear first and last on someone's list.

Tom's highest ranking was #3, but his lowest was only 24th so he also valuted past quite a few people.

Coby had the wildest spread of anybody. He ranked 2nd to Ian with 4 first place votes, but he ranked 3rd in last place votes. Only Ian and Angie had more "Top 3" votes than Coby.

Willard, Caryn, and Gregg generally finished middle of the ballot.

Ibrehem was ranked "Top 3" by three peeps, but no higher than 8 by anyone else.

Jennifer was our most popular "who?" person.

James had the dubious distinction of being listed 17th more than anyone else, 5 to be exact. However he also garnered a 1st place vote and three others had him ranked "Top 4" so he finishes 13th.

Kim & Ashlee are battling for least liked female and Ashlee gets the week 1 edge being cast last by two peeps.

Bobby Jon mysteriously received one 1st place vote. His next best showing? 11th place. But that one 1st place vote keeps him out of last.

Jeff would our biggest loser. Eleven people listed him 16th or 17th, and he tied Bobby Jon for most 15th, 16th, or 17th place votes. Jeff's the man!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Last second list"
1. Ian
2. Angie
3. Katie
4. Janu
5. Kim
6. Stephanie
7. Jennifer
8. Ashlee
9. Caryn
10. Coby
11. Gregg
12. Bobby Jon
13. Jeff
14. Rom
15. Ibrehem
16. James
17. Willard

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •