The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shout out to the strong"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shout out to the strong"
I don't usually start a Fanatics thread, but I was so impressed during the IC last night by the performances of two contestants that I wasn't that big of a fan of before.

Christa, in a losing effort, holds as much weight as the men (and longer than wimpy Osten too) to try and save her tribe. She fought hard and earned quite a bit of respect for fighting so hard for the sake of her tribe.

And let's hear it for Savage! When the "strong man" of Morgan went down quickly, this leader carried his tribe on his shoulders. He didn't whine, and when he saw Christa faltering, he was determined to hold onto his heavy load until she went down. Quite an impressive effort, and a strong statement on his will.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shout out to the strong Nash 10-24-03 1
   RE: Shout out to the strong PackMan 10-24-03 2
       RE: Shout out to the strong Bebo 10-24-03 4
 RE: Shout out to the strong Poncho 10-24-03 3
 RE: Shout out to the strong Spanky68 10-24-03 5
   RE: Shout out to the strong PackMan 10-24-03 7
 RE: Shout out to the strong BeerNuts 10-24-03 6
 RE: Shout out to the strong Chrissy gal 10-24-03 8
 RE: Shout out to the strong aethelstan 10-24-03 9
 RE: Shout out to the strong DoodleBug 10-24-03 10
 RE: Shout out to the strong Punkin 10-24-03 11
 RE: Shout out to the strong sittem 10-24-03 12
 too true cqvenus 10-24-03 13
 RE: Shout out to the strong JohnMc 10-24-03 14
   RE: Shout out to the strong Liska 10-24-03 15
 RE: Shout out to the strong dajaki 10-24-03 16
 HELP! Acawap 10-24-03 17
 RE: Shout out to the strong shanana banana 10-24-03 18
 RE: Shout out to the strong Efjendar 10-24-03 19
 RE: Shout out to the strong Violet Nyte 10-24-03 20
 RE: Shout out to the strong ejm92 10-24-03 21
 RE: Shout out to the strong whoami 10-24-03 22
 RE: Shout out to the strong AugustGirl 10-25-03 23
 RE: Shout out to the strong DEVILRAYS 10-25-03 24
 RE: Shout out to the strong MsShel330 10-25-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
I agree both showed not only were they physically strong but they were strong of mind. I cannot help believing that Jon's revelation to Morgan will backfire as it will only serve to make them stronger.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-24-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Jon's revelation to Morgan will backfire as it will only serve to make them stronger

I'll agree with that, at least with Andrew. I think Andrew took what Jon said as a personal slap in the face, and he took it upon himself to stuff it right back in Jon's face.

I have some thoughts on Osten, but that's not for this forum.

And Bebo, starting a Fanatics thread does not make you any less evil... but try not to make it a habit.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
I think Andrew took what Jon said as a personal slap in the face,

Absolutely. He made Jon pay for that remark at that IC, and I have a feeling he'll make him pay more in the future.

And Bebo, starting a Fanatics thread does not make you any less evil... but try not to make it a habit.

Well, I've had my eye on these two because they have been excellent sources of Basher material. And the Basher in me loved watching them both show up Jon last night - Andrew via his will now to let down the weight, and Christa for a) being chosen instead of Jon to do the challenge and b) doing a much better job than he ever could have in it.

And I've got to agree about the look on Jon's face being priceless - the high point of the episode for me.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
I totally agree Bebo! Last night was a great episode. I was very impressed with Christa for the first time. I also think Andrew was inspired to keep going by Jon's comment. He should have just kept his mouth shut. Never the less Andrew did a GREAT job.
The look on Jon's face last night was priceless when Trish was voted off!

Poncho

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
I agree, Bebo. Andrew was great. Christa showing up Osten was classic.

I was wondering if Jon's comment was meant to be the Big Regret. If so, that would imply that he sticks around long enough to feel regret. At this point, I'm thinking that Drake throwing the 3rd immunity challenge is the BR.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-24-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Wouldn't it be a hoot if, at the next challenge, Andrew made a statement to the Drakes to the effect, "Yeah, we really got motivated after Jon told us you guys had been throwing challenges."

I think that could put Jon in a pretty uncomfortable spot, not that he already isn't after last night's vote.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

BeerNuts 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-24-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeerNuts Click to send private message to BeerNuts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Here here! Savage went *way* up on my list last night, second only to Rupert now. The whole time he was standing there with the sandbags I bet Jon's confession was ringing in his ears.. Pure determination. And he cried at the end - just awesome!

Ryno now occupies my #3 spot - damn nice guy.

Last and least , Osten has hit the bottom of my list so hard he bounced.

Despite Osten, I think I'm finally starting to have a reason to root for the underdogs, yay!

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Both Christa and Andrew were also chosen by their teams to go first in the RC. The teams had to figure that the first people might have to go again and they both took their position seriously. With people like Osten and Shawn out there it is refreshing to see people who take the competitions seriously.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-03, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Bebo.
I'm glad you did start this thread. I usually only lurk in the spoilers section but I knew that this was not spoiler material.

I know I'm repeating everyone else here but I was so impressed with Andrew, he looked like he was going pass out but he held on specifically being Jon was such an ass to him.

I was also so impressed that Christa took on as much weight as Osten. Because of editing we don't know how long they each lasted. Osten *may* have lasted longer but really, Christa kicked butt. Did anyone notice how much Shawn was carrying when he went out? Maybe she outlifted Shawn!

Slightly off topic but does anyone else think that it would have been a better strategy to get everyone up to 100# asap and then load up for elimination? Having 100 lbs for 30 minutes or more could force a guy to drop out just as easily as 200 lbs for 2 minutes.

Just a thought
-aethelstan

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Bebo - I totall agree! Savage was a ROCK last night. He went way up on my respect meter last night! Christa earned a little respect from me as well.

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Punkin Click to send private message to Punkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Andrew definately shivered my timbers last night!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Great observations Beebs and everyone else. Savage and Christa are now 1/3 on my list (of course Andrew has been #1 all season!).

It's the Chicago in him - the city of broad shoulders (and some would say narrow minds - I prefer to think focused).

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "too true"
I had tears in my eyes when Andrew was all emotional afterward. He really pulled through with an effort he would probably never have been able to muster if it weren't for Jon's stupid confession.

And Christa (ME in the bashers forum!) really pulled her weight. I love how Jiffy got in that dig on Osten, announcing she was holding as much as Osten dropped out on!

cq's Joe Millionaire summary!!!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-03 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-24-03 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

Just wanted to include my own shout out to Andrew:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/1960.shtml

Liska 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Liska Click to send private message to Liska Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Savage was awesome last night! Christa too, but i've been a morgan fan since the start (always have to root for the underdog)! I knew that Andrew wasn't what people had been saying the the basher's forum, and last night he proved it. Awesome!!! My favorite survivor!!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Much in agreement Bebo! I can't believe how much more I respect Andrew today than I did yesterday morning. He is finally showing how to lead that damn team. Shout out to Christa too!

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "HELP!"
last night I set my VCR and to my amazement it actually taped... THE WRONG CHANNEL!! I missed the whole thing -- what people are saying was one of the best episodes ever!

Does anybody have a copy of the tape they'd like to send me? Please? I didn't have my Survivor fix this week and I'm going through withdrawals!!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-24-03, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Bebo ---- GREAT post. I totally agree with you. I sort of like Savage before, but after last night, my opinion of the guy shot up 1000 percent. Not just the way he was determined to show Jon that their tribe wasn't full of weak "losers," but his emotional breakdown afterward brought tears to even my jaded eyes. ;) What an effort. And I also felt for him in his personal confessional right after Jon spilled the beans, where he was so angry that Jon would slap his tribe in the face with their one non-Rupert win. Jon 100 percent sux.

And Christa --- you go, girl!

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-03, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
We finally saw some leadership from Savage, woot!

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Agree!
I've actually liked Christa from the start, but this has just confirmed it for me! Andrew, IMO, is really emerging as a leader. Others may bash his "diplomatic" gestures (ie, how he handled the looting) but I won't.
And the tears? Very moving. They should have carried that man on their shoulders. (Well, maybe not, Osten would have dropped him)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-03, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-03 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

Incredible job by Savage...he was pretty much a one-man team, although Osten did do a pretty good job and Rhyno was untested. However, what is with MB's current fetish with "let's see who the strongest is" challenges? I liked the cannon challenge, though.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-24-03, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
What can I say that has not already been said much better than I could say it. Andrew was just great last night, thanks to Jon. Way to go Jon. I liked Andrew at the start then he went down hill fast. But last night he came up on my list.

Christa. Wow what a women last night. did as good as Osten did. She also moved up on my list.

What a look Jon had, that deer in the headlight look, just like Michelle had last week. Do you remember what he told Michelle after the vote and how he seem to rub it in. Now it is his turn.
Opps, back to the best episode yet this season. It just keeps getting better every week. S7 is the best yet.

WHOAMI
If we just think about this we can figure it out.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Well said Bebo. I think Savage would have held that weight for two days if it meant proving to Jon they don't need Drake to throw a challenge.

And Christa? You rock, woman! Well done.

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Savage, Rhino, and Christa all did good in this episode, but would someone like to fill me in on how much they loaded Rupert up with? I know it was over 200+ pounds, and that's enough to make anybody crack. He outlasted Osten once again by a long shot, and Osten wasn't even loaded up with all of Drake's weight (Savage got a bit of it.)

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-03, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Shout out to the strong"
Christa kicked *ss, you go girl! And Savage, rrooaarr! His thigh muscles alone were worth the price of admission. A great performance. Osten is so sorry, a debit to our race. Suck it up and act like a man instead of a chicken. Jeez.
Cheers again to Christa and Andrew.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •