The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist for previously booted PTB players"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-03, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist for previously booted PTB players"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-03 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

Beware: E7 & PTB Twist & Speculations! Booted from the Pick The Bootee Game? Wanna come back? If so, read this thread

Twist & Bonus

As you all know a big twist has been hyped by MB/JP all season long. Obviously it will happen this week. With talk of the past coming back to haunt you, ghosts, and not coincidently Halloween next week, many presume booted player(s) return to the game. They may be officially back in the game, or they may be ghosts, or this may be total misdirection. Nonetheless it is not farfetched to presume that someone returns to the game in some form. How many? Who knows! In the event someone does return to the game, I've decided to bring back someone from the dead in the Pick The Bootee Game as well. Yep a totally unoriginal idea! The Anti-Bootee Contest beat me to it! But if this twist does occur in the Real Survivor, it's only appropriate it occurs in the Pick The Bootee Game as well.

For the 14 remaining players, here is how the Ghost Bonus will work. Six Survivors (Nicole, Ryan S., Lillian, Burton, Michelle & Trish) have been booted thus far. In your entry form, please list the 1-6 names you think will return to the game. For every Survivor you list who returns to the game you receive one bonus point. For every player you list who doesn't return you lose one point. For example if you list Michelle & Burton to return, and neither do you lose two points. If you pick Nicole, Burton, Ryan S., and Lillian to return and three do return you recieve a total of two points. For the sake of the PTB game, the official determination of who returns to the game will be this: If a player returns to compete as an individual, or in a new or existing tribe, they will be deemed a returning player even if they get eliminated/booted again during this episode. For example if all six return to compete to re-enter the game, the official returnee count would be six even if only 1 actually continues past E7. If a previously booted player(s) reappears but is not officially competing for the prize, they will not count. For those who remain in the game, this is optional. You can gain (or lose) up to six points. No points or penalty should you forego this option.

JUST ADDED!Ghost Bonus Part B: The first part of the Ghost Bonus Question asked who returns to the game. Meaning anyone who returns to compete counts. For Ghost Bonus Part B I am asking who will stay. Meaning who survives episode 7 to compete in episode 8. Once again you can list 0-6 Survivors. Once again you get one point for each correct Ghost Survivor you list, and lose one point for each you list who doesn't survive episode 7. I apologize for adding this so late, but new previews have been added!!! However this is another chance to gain or lose points this week.

Second bonus question. Merge. Worth one point if answered correctly, minus one for an incorrect answer. You will have three choices here. Traditional merge (tribes live together and merge as one), merged but seperate (Drake & Morgan live together but continue to compete as two tribes), or three tribes (if you think booted players return to form a third tribe). This is optional.

Previously Booted PTB Players Only: If you were previously eliminated from the Pick The Bootee Game week 3 through week 6 this is your chance to return to the game! Just as the remaining PTB contestants, you will be predicting who may return to the game. The point system will be the same (see above) and the number of players officially brought back into the PTB Game will be the same as the number of Survivors who return. If four Survivors return, four PTB players will retern. I will take those who score highest on the Ghost Bonus and Merge Bonus questions. You will not be eligible to compete in any other part of the game this week. If you are a booted player hoping to return, you must type Ghost Player in the subject line, and then list your ghost & merge bonus picks. In the event that several players tie for the highest bonus score, your spot will be determined by your previous overall score. For example if two Survivors return, and three PTB Bootees tie on the bonus question, the two with the highest previous overall score (booted week totals included) will return. In the event you return to the game I will add these points to your previous overall score. You will also lose three picks for each week you've been gone. For example if you were eliminated week 5, you would lose three picks for week 6 and three picks for the week 7 since you are not officially back in the game yet. Also note, entry times remain the same. Editing after noon EST Thursday costs you 5 points and won't likely get you back in the game!

Hopefully this isn't too confusing!!! If you are a booted player and have specific questions about the twist, please address them in this thread.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist f... Nash 10-24-03 1
   RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist f... echogirl 10-24-03 2
       RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist f... Nash 10-24-03 3
           Bump echogirl 10-28-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist for previously booted PTB players"
Hi! I am confused but here goes

Returning to game
Nicole
Ryan S.
Lill
Trish
Burton
Michelle

Merge but 3 tribes at least for episode 7

Staying Trish

10-24-03, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist for previously booted PTB players"
Hi Nash,

Basically if you think six players will compete in some way to re-enter the game, listing six would be the correct thing to do. If you think it will be something random (like the last two people voted off automatically come back) you would list two. If you think the remaining Survivors vote back in x number of players, list x number of players. If you think it's a random drawing (no actual competition) only those names drawn would count. I'm just saying if there is indeed some real competition where two or more compete to get back in the game, all competing count, even if they don't "win" their way back in the game. Personally I have no idea how the twist will happen, so I'm covering myself beforehand to avoid potential disputes! People should present scenarios on this thread and I will attempt to clarify each.

BTW, your official entry should be on the regular PTB thread. In the subject line simply type "Ghost Player" so it will be easier for me to differentiate those booted players trying to return from those who still remain.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-03, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pick The Bootee Game E7 Twist for previously booted PTB players"
Ok I'll get that fixed and post sometime today. Thanks for the tips.

10-28-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
4. "Bump"
Just bumping up this thread so more booted players are aware.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •