The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The stolen shoes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CDawg3 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CDawg3 Click to send private message to CDawg3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The stolen shoes"
I am a little annoyed, or just stupid. Why did they show us Ruppert stealing/selling the shoes? We never see the other tribe missing shoes? Why did they never explain how they got their shoes back?

Stupid.

Does anyone know?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The stolen shoes Poindexter 10-23-03 1
 RE: The stolen shoes Cin 10-23-03 2
   RE: The stolen shoes Nash 10-23-03 3
 RE: The stolen shoes nailbone 10-23-03 4
   RE: The stolen shoes LionChow 10-23-03 5
 RE: The stolen shoes Chrissy gal 10-23-03 6
 Was it legal? Fast Eddie 10-23-03 7
   RE: Was it legal? Spanky68 10-23-03 8
       Morgan may have thought.. Angelfood 10-24-03 10
   RE: Was it legal? Maybe or maybe n... strid333 10-23-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Poindexter 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poindexter Click to send private message to Poindexter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The stolen shoes"
I'm sure the other team got their shoes back the same day. Remember, for every 500 hours the Survivor crew shoots, they probably show us one. Obviously, the footage of "Rupert the Pirate" pillaging the other teams' shoes was far more exciting than the other team reclaiming them 5 minutes later.

The camera sees all, but we only see what MB wants us to see.

Poins

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-23-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The stolen shoes"
He didn't steal their tennis shoes he stole their dress shoes. And I think in Nicoles chat transcript she said she wanted her shoes back, so I'm guessing they never got their dress shoes back he took.

Cin

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-23-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The stolen shoes"
I think they traded them for stuff therefore conserving their cash for other things. I think I remember them doing that.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The stolen shoes"
As was mentioned, in some of the interviews with the losers, they said Morgan didn't miss their shoes cuz they had running shoes to wear that worked better for them. They never got their dress shoes back.

And I think they showed Rupert stealing them to show how smart and resourceful Drake was compared to Morgan, and add to the pirate theme.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-23-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The stolen shoes"

Totally agree. This was the first chapter of The Rupert Story. It got the whole pirate thing going for the season, and MB has been endeared with Rupert ever since.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The stolen shoes"
I remember that there were a few pairs of dress shoes and a pair of tennis shoes in Morgan's raft. Rupert took only the dress shoes and left the pair of tennis shoes (althought he said something about the "insoles"). My family was so impressed that he took what could help him without really hurting anyone else.

If Nicole complained that she didn't get her dress shoes back, she is totally out of touch. Remember some of the guys were wearing very expensive suits and they cut them up when they got to the island.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Was it legal?"
What I've been wondering about ever since the incident is whether his theft of the shoes was legal. I thought the rules specifically forbid anyone from taking personal items belonging to others. And they also require that you obey the law. Rupert had good reason to believe the shoes had not been abandoned and thus could be accused of theft.

But I suppose it's also in the rules that the producers can modify or ignore any rules as they see fit.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Was it legal?"
That reminds me, Fast Eddie, I meant to ask this a month ago.

Did the Morons ever figure out that Rupert took the shoes? I assumed that since I didn't see them react to it, they just figured that some local picked them up.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-24-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Morgan may have thought.."
My take on it was that:
With all the morgans running around on their own, they all probably just assumed that some other Morgan sold them. I doubt they had a meeting on who would be responsible for selling all the shoes. So, not unless they had a discussion about who sold and bought what the next day, would they have even missed them.
Tho I'm surprised Nicole said that. Hmmn.

Anyway, I'm sure it was generally agreed that everyone gave up their shoes to be sold and therefore, waived their ownership of them or some such. Or you could argue that Osten abandoned them maybe - ha ha. And they've all probably waived away their rights to life, limb and possessions.
So although it wasn't right, I doubt they could or would prosecute.

Evil Queen in Disguise

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-03, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Was it legal? Maybe or maybe not"
I'm not a lawyer and I don't know for sure the answer, but isn't there something to be said for "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers?"

The question did cross my mind too. But maybe they meant the bad stealing of food and CBS equip?

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •