The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-17-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-17-03 AT 05:13 PM (EST)

The complexities of entering the ABPABC showed themselves in our first week of competition for S7. Only 4 of the 12 players managed to avoid choosing an ABP who wasn’t eliminated during the LC AB game. Normally that would mean they have been eliminated from the ABPABC, but this is a game that has to scramble and think on it’s feet. If it’s going to survive as a game, then executive decisions need to be made and rules have to be bent. After consulting with MB, I’ve decided to keep all the players in the game for the first four weeks. However, the penalty for choosing an eliminated player from the AB player this week was 25 points. Now, in another complexity that JP consulted in, it has been decided that gathering negative points in this way during the first four weeks WILL NOT go toward deciding the battle for last place – more on that later.

The big winner of the week is lozengeoflove with 72 points. Close behind is sittem with 69 points (maybe because I actually understand this game!!). Tribephyl and buckeygirl also managed to stay away from any penalties for choosing an eliminated player.

In what appears to be a situation where echogirl couldn’t decide whether to play for positive points or negative points, she now stands tied for next to last. Djandy managed to come in last this week WITHOUT choosing a booted ABP – that was quite a feat, and in the revised rules for the game djandy actually holds a 27 point lead for last place (if you don't understand that ask - I'll explain it seperately if necessary0.

Other notable scoring happened in the bonus areas. Seven players each received 10 bonus points for naming ABP’s who said the Secret Woid “immunity” somewhere in their ABC post. The most popular ABC named was sleeeve by 6 players. Echogirl was named by the other one. Several other AB players would have given you points in this area and I'll let you look them up - just look for the secret word in their AB posts. Thanks to all who cooperate in the Secret Woid from the ABC – it makes reading their posts even more fun. Both the BS and WS came from the red category. Seven people received 7 points for getting the BS and five received the points for WS. No one was able to predict that guessitrains would receive the best score in the PTB contest so no points were awarded there. Of note, lozengeoflove, sittem (based on echogirl who posted after him choosing sleeeve as her Secret Woid player) and PlumBlossom each received 24 bonus points for each getting their Secret Woid and BS and WS picks correct.

The Standings below come in three colors. First, those in black were able to avoid picking an eliminated player in the ABC. Next we have the color orange. These people did pick one or more players eliminated from the FABULOUS ABC and received a 25 point penalty. Finally, djandy is red for scoring a “pure” negative score this week. Great job!! As I mentioned above, those players receiving the penalty will not be in the running for the worst overall score unless they are able to gather enough negative points without choosing an eliminated player. (Game note – for players eliminated I counted their score for the week as 0 as it applied to your overall scores – the 25 point penalty was subtracted after your overall points were totaled.)

72 lozengeoflove
69 sittem
50 tribephyl
22 PlumBlossom
21 JohnMc
16 buckeygirl
13 ejm92
11 froggy446688
-5 FarmBoy
-13 echogirl (sorry you've gotta be orange!)
-13 Nash
-15 djandy

OMH - in the original posting I forgot to give you the three groups for picking your BS and WS!!

Here they are:
Bebo, KermittheVixen, Lolly, bubbastan, SurvivorManiac, 321Jump, rwj3eb, RudyRules, Thaibeach, PackMan, djandy, echogirl

FesterFan1, LeftPinky, LozengeofLove, GuessItRains, Punkin, sittem, bengapol, ulalame, DracoMalfoy, GTmike, magic_star

railfan, Corvis, TeamJoisey, sisyphus, sleeeve (maybe he'll be blue next week), thstein, PepeLePew13, yensid, I_AM_HE, managerr, forehead

Anyone can still enter the game whether eliminated from the ABC or not – anyone entering now enters with a score of 0. As you can see, judicious use of your picks could give you a lot of points quickly and if the frontrunners stumbles in the next three weeks you could be a leader quickly.

The rules remain the same this week, EXCEPT, choose a maximum of 11 AB players. Also, this is the 2nd of 4 non-elimination weeks. I won’t even say what the penalty will be yet for picking a booted player – probably 25 points, but running this game is like running through the jungle while in an Immunity Challenge – sometimes you just have to make a quick decision and live with the results.

One other note – watch what your AB players do late in the day Thursday if possible. With the better spoilers not posting their picks until Thursday a number of players take the LC late penalty and change a pick to stay in the game. Lozengeoflove and several other players made changes in the ABC to avoid elimination. Others didn’t and that led to their demise. This is a game where you’ve got to watch what the AB players do. And, in a shocking twist in the AB game, if you have been eliminated from that game you could actually gain re-entry if S7 returns a player from Loser Lodge to the real game. See the LC post here:http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/1944.shtml

Finally, go to this link to get the rest of the rules of the game: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/1934.shtml

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Nash 10-18-03 1
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... LozengeofLove 10-19-03 2
   RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... sittem 10-19-03 3
       RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... LozengeofLove 10-19-03 4
 Oct. 23 Entry djandy 10-21-03 5
 New player Rebel Crown 10-22-03 6
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... ejm92 10-22-03 7
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... JohnMc 10-22-03 8
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... echogirl 10-22-03 9
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... PlumBlossom 10-22-03 10
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... PhoenixMons 10-22-03 11
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Froggy446688 10-22-03 12
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... 321Jump 10-22-03 13
 Another New Player :-) bobstew617 10-22-03 14
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Genius47 10-22-03 15
   RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... sittem 10-23-03 16
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... FarmBoy 10-23-03 17
   RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Nash 10-23-03 18
       RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... FarmBoy 10-23-03 20
           RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Nash 10-23-03 22
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... sittem 10-23-03 19
   RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... Nash 10-23-03 21
       RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... sittem 10-23-03 25
 tribephyl's ABPABC Oct. 23 Entry tribephyl 10-23-03 23
 RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... LozengeofLove 10-23-03 24
   RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 ... sittem 10-23-03 26
   PTB Rules echogirl 10-23-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-18-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 05:37 PM (EST)

Thanks for the late clue. I am changing again to see if I can improve my score. You'll have to let me know sittem if I'm starting to get it.

Now that the boards are back up, I figured I'd try this again and see if I can do better than 2nd last place or even worse.

My AB Picks are
Bebo, Lozenge of Love, FesterFan1, railfan, KermittheVixen, Corvis, Left Pinky, SurvivorManiac, bubbastan, sisyphus, TeamJoisey,

SW - bubbastan

BS - green

WS - red

PTB - Guess it Rains

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Is playful teasing encouraged here like it is in LC's ABC game?

10-19-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-19-03, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Well in that case, you are going down in flames...if you think me winning was a one time deal, just wait and see...

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-21-03, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Oct. 23 Entry"
djandy
magic_star
forehead
echogirl
Best: green
Worst: blue

djandy

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "New player"
Love these games! After being blindsided with the Michelle ousting, I'm ready to jump in the ABPABC. I knew I'd be here soon enough, but didn't know about the swell of spoilers last Thursday pointing towards Michelle until after the show (stupid doctor's appointment, lol), so I'm here a little earlier than I thought.

Here's my picks:

benjapol
GuessItRains
321jump

Best score: blue
Worst score: red
Secret word: sleeeve

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-22-03, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Anti-Bootees: Bebo, FesterFan1, railfan, GuessItRains, KermittheVixen, sleeeve, I_AM_HE, sittem, Corvis, Lolly, bubbastan

BS: Red
WS: Blue
SW: sleeeve

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-22-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 10:25 AM (EST)

ABC antiboots

Bebo, I_AM_HE, sleeeve, LozengeofLove, GuessItRains,PepeLePew13

BS - Blue

WS - Red

SW - echogirl

*wearing my orange coat with pride and thankfulness of the mercy of sittem*

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Grrrr! I was actually trying to do good! But the orange is a nice touch

Anti-Bootees: echogirl

BS: Blue
WS: Red
SW: bubbastan
PTB: sleeeve

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-22-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Safe: Bebo, SurvivorManiac, djandy, echogirl, FesterFan1, DracoMalfoy, magic_star, TeamJoisey, sleeeve, PepeLePew13, I_AM_HE

Secret Woid: sleeeve

PTB: LeftPinky

an IceCat original

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-22-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

editing to fix a few picks...add some, remove some

----------

sittem, this game is so cool, I just wish I wasn't here so early

I hope I've got this all right as I've never really paid much attention to the games until this season (they all seemed far too confusing and pointless for me as I get the show so much later than everyone else, KWIM?).

So, here goes nothing...

LozengeofLove, FesterFan, 321jump, railfan, sittem, sisyphus, Thaibeach, corvis, Survivor Maniac, PackMan, bubbastan

BS: blue
WS: red
SW: eee (Lolly's word is a good one though )
PTB: bubbastan

Boo!

Froggy446688 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-22-03, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Froggy446688 Click to send private message to Froggy446688 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Anti Bootees - Bebo, 321Jump, djandy, echogirl, FesterFan1, DracoMalfoy, magic_star, TeamJoisey, sleeeve, PepeLePew13, I_AM_HE

BS: Red
WS: Green

Sadie

321Jump 606 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 321Jump Click to send private message to 321Jump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Safe: LozengeofLove, rwj3eb, 321Jump, Bebo, Corvis, sittem, FesterFan1, bubbastan, Kermit the Vixen, Thaibeach, LeftPinky

WS: Blue
PTB: bubbastan

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Another New Player :-)"
I'll give this game a try again after flaming out last year. I THINK I understand the rules, sittem. We'll see if my practice follows...

SAFE: LozengeofLove, railfan, 321Jump, Corvis, rwj3eb, I_AM_HE, FesterFan1.

BS: Green

SW: I_AM_HE

Genius47 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-22-03, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Genius47 Click to send private message to Genius47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Well, I got kicked out of the ABC because I couldn't get home in time Thursday to check the last-minute spoilers, so I'll enter this game now. I'm not very familiar with the rules, so I'm mostly just going to guess for right now.

ABC Safe List-
Bebo, djandy, echogirl, FesterFan1, sittem, DracoMalfoy, GTmike, magic_star, sleeeve

BS- Red

WS- Red

SW- sleeeve

PTB- Lolly

If I did anything wrong just yell at me and I'll try to fix it later. I'm not planning on doing very well, I just wanted to try this game out since I haven't played it yet and I thought it looked kind of fun.

10-23-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
16. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Just a cuople of questions Genious - you've got the general idea, but remember if you want to acquire the maximum points you may want to stay away from the bottom feeders of the ABC - just sayin'....

Also, you can come back and edit up until showtime without any penalty. I'm not gonna post myself until sometime Thursday as I watch the last minute maneuverings of the ABC's.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

I am from Tennessee- being orange is a GOOD thing!!

Antis:

Bebo, Sleeeve, 321Jump, Festerfan1, Railfan, LeftPinky, Lozengeoflove,I_AM_HE, Draco

SW: echogirl
PTB: GuessItRains

Edits- Adding peeps

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

10-23-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Hey you are 1 of 2 who hasn't posted picks for LL.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"

I'm there now. Have to read all the posts to get the consensus and then post without rhyme or reason. hee hee hee!!!!!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

10-23-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
22. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
kewl and sorry sittem for having a discussion on your board. I guess we keep bumping you up.

10-23-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Time to post before I forget - probably will add some more before showtime. Also gotta bookmark so I have a chance to pick up SW points. Go whoever is next.

Safe: Bebo, RailFan, Fester, Corvis, 321Jump sittem, rwj3eb yensid, I_AM_HE, Packman, KermitTheVixen

SW - chosen by whomever posts next (and tribephyl says it's bubbastan)

BS - green
WS - red

PTB - GuessItRains

10-23-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Even if we already picked?

10-23-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
Not a problem - you can edit up until showtime.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "tribephyl's ABPABC Oct. 23 Entry"
tribephyl's ABC tribe:
LeftPinky
LozengeofLove
bubbastan
railfan
Bebo
Thaibeach
FesterFan1
TeamJoisey
Corvis
sisyphus

BS:
Team Blue

WS:
Team Red

Speaker of the "Woid":
bubbastan

tribephyl

10-23-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
24. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

Oh, I totally rock at this game. You all might as well give up -- I have a strategy!!!
P.S. To everyone who picked me as an ABCABP (lord help me if I get the acronym wrong) -- you made a wise choice indeed. I have a strategy for that game as well.
SO my picks for this week are:
LozengeofLove, sleeeve, 321Jump, Corvis, PackMan, Thaibeach, Survivor Maniac, rwj3eb, bubbastan, FesterFan1, ulalame

PTB winner: because I haven't really taken the time to understand this game, I'll go read the rules for it now...I'll have to say tribephyl wins this one...
Secret Woid: once again, I'll hedge my bets on sleeeve

10-23-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
26. "RE: ABPABC results Oct. 16/Oct. 23 Entry"
I see your strategy - going for all the gusto and points possible - you may be lucky. At least you're going to avoid the Trish boot. We'll see how successful this aggresive strategy is for you - you'll either lengthen your lead or outfox yourself and fall in flames (speaking of flames)!

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "PTB Rules"
Most of the scoring options for PTB are included on my weekly entry thread. I don't think I included a link to the full rules, so go back to week one and you can find them.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •