The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lurkers Speak Out!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lurkers Speak Out!"
This was a thread originally created by a poster by the name of Created4Life on The Mole Forum, and I thought it would be a great idea if we tried it here! On The Mole Forum we had 128 responses to this, so I'm sure we can get more here!

Lurkers, here's your big opportunity to give some feedback about the boards!!! If you don't have a screen name, sign yourself up! It's easy and free!

(I sound like a commercial)

Give us some information about yourself!
What do you like/dislike about the forum? Which posters do you enjoy? *cough* Jims *cough* What do you like about S5? Stuff like that!

I would like to say "Hi" to all the lurkers here... I had been lurking since S2 before I recently started posting!

Have fun!

--------------------------------
I have this feeling that I'm going to have to bump this thread a lot just to get people to post on it!
--------------------------------

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Hi I'm echogirl! echogirl 12-09-02 1
   Come On Lurkers! Jims02 12-09-02 2
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! skyisbluu 12-10-02 3
   RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Jims02 12-10-02 4
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! tribephyl 12-10-02 5
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Punkin 12-11-02 6
   *blush* echogirl 12-12-02 8
   RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Jims02 12-19-02 12
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! tig_ger 12-12-02 7
   RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Masquerade_Mole 12-19-02 9
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! lacy 12-19-02 10
 Heyo JeffHo 12-19-02 11
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! PepeLePew13 12-19-02 13
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! djandy 12-20-02 14
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Phil the Cow 12-20-02 15
   RE: Lurkers Speak Out! Jims02 12-21-02 16
 RE: Lurkers Speak Out! zuckie 12-21-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-09-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Hi I'm echogirl!"
I am sweet and innocent and I dream of sleeeve.

My favorite posters are sleeeve, just because I dream of him. Okay he's a great guy too! And LionChow because he mentions me every week in his Anti-Bootee game and I am an attention whore. I never called myself a whore before. Is that a bad thing?

But I would have to say my favorite poster is me. Yes shameless self-promotion! Why echogirl? Well she is funny, sweet, a bit of an airhead at times, and has never onced hijacked a thread. Plus echogirl has never been accused of trolling the Spoiler Board. No matter how tempted she was to go there and declare Shii Ann the winner of S5, she resisted. Nor has she ever started a thread that had to be locked. She is perfectly content to post something and see it fade into oblivion. Oh and she runs the worst "What If" game ever. She knows it's bad, but nonetheless insists on torturing fellow Fanatics with this nonsense for a few more weeks. Hey look at the DAWs I am getting out of that game!

Oh yes I think that Jims02 guy is pretty cool too!

12-09-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Come On Lurkers!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-02 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

Hello echogirl! I see that you are a very prominant "lurker" on this board by your DAW count... LOL!

And about me? (shameless plug) Well, why don't you see how much you know?

http://Jims02.friendtest.com

Put your name down as your SBlows screen name! But, PLEASE, if you want to make up your own, PLEASE post it on the Off-Topic Forum! This post was supposed to give lurkers a voice, not get into deep discussions about our personal lives! Something like echogirl's would work fine!

Come on lurkers! We need a brave soul willing to just in and say hello! You may get a present! (a cheap picture of money or something)

EDIT: YAY! 700 posts!

Quotes of the week

3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-10-02, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Hi my name is skyisbluu and I am a recovering lurker (everyone say "hi skyisbluu"). I just recently decided to become a full-fledged survivor nut and sign on, because I realized that I had things I REALLY wanted to say! I mostly hang out in the Spoilers forum, attempting to see things in vidcaps or guess the next challenges. I love examing all the facts and putting everything together into off-the-wall theories.

I have pretty much been watching since the begining of Survivor, and am one of the few people in my area that will avidly defend the show (Everyone likes to bash it, I don't know why). I just wish that they would let us Canadians apply. We have a sense of survival too, you know!

Oh yeah, and I wanted to show off my photography to the world.

12-10-02, 07:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Hey sky! Glad to see that you read!

(nice photo by the way!)

Quotes of the week

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-02, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Hiya all, name is tribephyl and I am a survivorholic.
"Hiya tribephyl"

Been more of a lurker than a poster ever since the beginning. Yes, kiddies, since S1! I've watched this board grow and blossom, and occasionally get infested by little DAWbugs throughout the seasons.see easter egg chart. But,I wouldn't change it for the world. In fact the passion I have for Survivor the show is completely outweighed by the fervor with which I check the boards themselves. Not so much posting though, I'll tell you why in a bit.

My thoughts often times are that MB should pay closer attention to what we say we would enjoy about the shows, rather than "lurking" himself(or through one of his minions) in hopes of finding and stopping leaks and/or debunking theories, as he's done with this latest installment(S5), which when viewed seems as if he is trying to "one up" us. Which unfortunately just translates as predictability. Oh well.

The thought of naming all of the posters that I enjoy is just too daunting and I wouldn't want to miss anyone. But major props have to go to the BLUE MEN, for design and upkeep of this site and all the other realitytvworld incarnations. Without these boards, the shows they are about would truly "BLOW".

Some of my favorite times on these boards have been; being one of the few to pick Zoe to go in S4, being compared to IceCat(if they only knew), choosing Tina to win S2, coming in second to last in LionChow's ABC, getting flamed by Shakes and surviving(yes kiddies, there is a "Shakes"), and all the late nights I've sat in front of the comp. beery eyed, and in a spoiling mood. The words just flowing out. Only to wake up the next morning and realize I should have thought again about what I wrote. When I was sober!

Jims02, thanks for asking, this has been kinda theraputic and a lil fun. That is...until...tomorrow morning.

Punkin 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-11-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Punkin Click to send private message to Punkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
I think, Jim sweetie, that this is a very different forum than The Mole forum was. Most of us lurkers here have lurked through many Survivor seasons. I remember reading the Mole threads and I found they were overwhelmingly posted by new members who seem to have come to reality world because of thier interest in the Mole.My guess is that is why there was such a big response to the suggestion that they "speak out".

But, darlin', I think it is in our very nature for we Survivor lurkers to come in every day to read what's going on and check out the spoilers threads, but do so quietly. Echo Girl, above, is the perfect example of why I keep quiet. (She is BTW the real scoring genius of AB in S4 and S5!) Her posts are clever, humorous, imaginative, lively, and and always fun to read. I, however, am not any of those things, so I just post my weekly picks in LC's AB till I got kicked to Sittem's ABPABC contest. I can think of a dozen other posters I particularly enjoy reading, and I absolutely love your enthusiasm! But I don't think I have much to say that isn't said better by some others. That may be why this thread didn't catch on over here in Survivor forum.

BTW, doesn't everyone wake up sweating in the middle of the night having dreamt of a big rotating clown's head chasing one with a blowtorch?

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "*blush*"
Hi Punkin!

Thank you for the compliments! That was so sweet! But don't be shy, at one time we we're all lurkers. I remember when I first began posting under my old ID. Each time I clicked "Post Message" I had a panic attack. OMG people are going to think I am so stupid. So silly. I had flashbacks to Junior High! No one will like me...lol! But I soon realized my personilty quirks did not matter. Everyone here has they're own persona. Everyone here has they're own quirks. Some are funny, some are serious, some are silly, but everyone has something to add. EVERYONE! Don't be shy, just jump in when you feel like it

12-19-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Sorry, I just noticed this message...

I just thought it would be a fun idea just to try in the Survivor Forum. We had a lot of fun the first time we did it, so why not?

And I don't know why I'm so darn enthusiastic lately... Must be sick or something

Lastly, I'm proud (well, maybe proud's not the word) that Shakes hasn't flamed me yet. Of course, ever since I stopped lurking, he didn't post as often...

Quotes of the week

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
*waves shyly to everyone*

Hi everyone! This is my 2nd post. My first was in the Mole forum the last time.

As I said before, this is my fave reality TV site because the summaries are so much better than the actual shows. There are too many talented writers to name them all.

*slinks back into lurking mode*

Masquerade_Mole 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Masquerade_Mole Click to send private message to Masquerade_Mole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
I'm a mole lurker too.
I read the boards and can never think of anything important to add.
I like Amazing Race and Survivor too but I just started posting on other boards.

lacy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lacy Click to send private message to lacy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Confess to being a long time lurker

JeffHo 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffHo Click to send private message to JeffHo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Heyo"
Hey everyone, I've lurked every now and then ever since S1 (I completely fell for Gervase X). I mostly watch the Survivor spoilers board, but I've also checked in on the TAR and Mole boards too. I usually dissect the shows with friends but decided to jump in here to get more diverse opinions.

Short bio: 18 years old, Canadian college student. I'm a sucker for all forms of reality TV which end with a single winner or winning team. Other than that, I'm a sports guy. Football, hockey, baseball and soccer are my favorites.

Here's to hoping for a reality tv show to have a Canadian version other than Amerian Idol (ugh)!

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-02, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Ummm... hi. Just wanted to say hello to all the nice people here.

*what? I'm not a lurker?* Well, I still wanted to say hello to everyone here!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-20-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
I have watched Survivor from the very beginning, but only discovered this site during Survivor 3 (ouch!). I love the Summaries, and the postings of Bebo, Dangerkitty, Snoocharoo, Outfrontgirl, and all the Survivor Blows Divas. My favorite Survivor series were: 2, 1, 4, 3, and 5, although I thought the last two were both really bad. Jeff Probst was the best reunion show host yet, and I loved his questions about strategy or lack thereof. This is my favorite Survivor web site because there's no bashing of posters, and it doesn't have as much foul language as other sites. And the Spoiler Island game is also fun. Keep up the good work!

Phil the Cow 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-20-02, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Phil%20the%20Cow Click to send private message to Phil%20the%20Cow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
I suppose lurking is just part of our personality.
This is an awful lot of exposure for an S2 lurker. We're enigmas whose existence nobody knows of.
*hides*
*peeks back out*
I have to say I've always loved Jim's quote-of-the-episode sign-off. It was better in the Mole (because the Mole was better) but I adore it.
*a cloud of smoke*

12-21-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
Stupid quotes...

I was going to do all 13, like I did for the mole, but we forgot to tape Ep5, so I got behind... And then I thought I'd just catch up, but I got too lazy to update my sig each week...

Then, I realized that these people never actually say anything interesting anymore!

I'm thinking about looking for some pictures and asking IceCat/GABelle (no preference) to add my name to it. Then, I can just put my most recent quote beneath it!

...But I just can't find any good pics...

Quotes of the week

zuckie 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-21-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zuckie Click to send private message to zuckie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Lurkers Speak Out!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-02 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

Edited because apparently I am still asleep and cannot keep my names straight.

Hello, my name is zuckie (pronounced like "rubber duckie" but with a z). I have been reading since last season, but watching the show since S2. This is my first time posting outside of the spoilers forum and had not even read anything over here until today. I only recently started posting mostly to try to help on the east coast thread but am not as good *hangs head in shame* as some others (like Pepe).

Anyway, I love reading the spoiling thread, I am not a true spoiler myself and nowhere near as good as those I love to read like sleeve, outfrontgirl, icecat, pepe, Jim and of course I love Bungler for his pics every week. I know I missing some other talented ones and I am sorry. You are all great spoilers and the show would be SO boring without this site!

I agree that this site is nice because there is no fowl language or attitudes tolerated and really appreciate that. I will go back into hiding with the rest of the lurkers now....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •