The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-06-02, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Thanks LionChow for getting your points posted! And now, introducing our new ABPABC points leader - LionChow!!!!

This week, if you were breathing (not necessarily putting in picks) you were almost guaranteed of putting up points. The ABP's did their job and we all benefited from it (except Granvil with a -2 and echo with 0).

Leading the way this week by actually making picks were sittem at 35 points (managing to avoid all negative point players in the ABC) but not totally maxing out because he didn't pick BuckyKatt. Next in line were magic_star (28) and LionChow (24). After that we have a bunch of "non-players" who picked everyone two episodes ago but haven't been back. Their good fortune this week is to get 26 "gift" points.

The Secret Word for the week was "family" uttered only by sleeeve and GeorgiaBelle. Only tjstein guessed the TV series on which The Gale Street Inn was mentiond - M*A*S*H. Hawkeye (the other one) waxed poetic about the ribs there on one show. It looked like sittem was going to get the 5 points by default, but tj claimed them instead.

Finally, in a strange twist, all four of the ABP's with sorta medium names (SMN) were either BC's (sleeeve, Bucky and Draco) and echo was the WC. No one picked the SMN's for BC and only four people picked SMN - echo - to be WC. Oh ye of little faith!

Here's the standings. Those with a double asterik ** after their scores didn't make active picks this week. AND, rwj3eb was eliminated since (s)he only picked once and (s)he only picked actual Survivors - I was able to translate that into scores before, but he also had Jake and he was eliminated this week. Points on the left are total and the points on the right were points accumulated for this week.

39 LionChow <24>
37 BubbaStan <23>
36 Lolly <26>**
35 magic_star <28>
34 Rebel Crown <16>
33 katem <26>**
33 ejm92 <26>**
29 I_AM_HE <14>**
28 Bebo <24>**
27 Kermit The Vixen <13>
27 sittem <35>
26 GuessItRains <7>**
24 Ahtumbreez <16>
21 jtstein <16>
19 JohnMc <3>
14 Hawkeye <26>**
9 Hey Bulldog <9>**
3 BobStew617 <5>
-4 ulaleme <6>
-8 echogirl <0>
-10 Punkin <21>
-25 Granvil the 4th <-2>

The Secret Word has been chosen and will soon be forwarded to SB.

I can't think of any other bonus questions this week - if I do I'll edit this and put it here as well as in another post within the thread.

I'm really hoping some of the ABP's get eliminated this week as the last week of any anti-bootee contest means making three sets of picks. That's not terrifically hard when you go from 4 to 3 to 2 survivors. However, if we can't get rid of some ABP's it's gonna be tough.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... tjstein 12-10-02 1
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... Ahtumbreez 12-11-02 2
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... sittem 12-12-02 3
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... LionChow 12-12-02 4
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... ulalame 12-12-02 5
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... JohnMc 12-12-02 6
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... magic_star 12-12-02 7
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... HeyBulldog 12-12-02 8
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... echogirl 12-12-02 9
 RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... LionChow 12-13-02 10
   RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D... sittem 12-13-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tjstein 1960 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-10-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjstein Click to send private message to tjstein Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

Woo hoo! Doing my happy dance now. Actually I'm surprised I got that right...I was thinking that Hawkeye had obsessed about the ribs from Adam's Rib, not Gale Street Inn. In fact, they had some delivered to Korea and the gang kept getting interrupted in their attempt to eat said ribs...if I recall correctly.

Drat! Craving ribs now....will post picks later!

Editing to add my picks....

I think I'm going to jump out on sleeeve's limb (and pray it doesn't snap)

Safe:
Cin
Draco
smrtNsassy
echogirl
sleeeve

BC-SMN
WC-LN

SW-sleeeve

I may be back to edit this before I leave work today but feeling okay about it for now...

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-02, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Geez, I'm like one of the Throughbreds I seem to be fond of betting on, starts out strong but by the 3rd corner I'm sucking wind and by the 4th I'll be pulling up the butt, which I guess is better than putting out the butt

12-12-02, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 08:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 05:06 PM (EST)

Now that all but two of the ABP's are posting it's time for my first edited changes.

Second edit - had to take out echo - don't like her ic and rc

Third edit - Schick hasn't put in her picks - can't trust last weeks picks.

Safe: all of 'em -EXCEPT FOR ECHO AND Schick

SW - sleeve

BC - smn
WC - smn

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-12-02, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Is my being ahead in this contest considered a conflict of interest? Hope the SEC doesn't get me...

Safe this week (with a number of ABPs still missing):
EJM, G'belle, Bucky, S'chick, Cin,
SmrtNsassy, Draco, Survy, Bert, JohnMc

BC: SN? (Bert's team, cause Bert's gonna win the week)
WC: SMN? (Sleeeve's team, cause I'm afraid this week may be the end of Sleeeve, at least with his current picks of CHJ)

SW: I like Sleeeve's list.

Taking a blind chance on EJM, Belle, Bucky, Chick and JohnMc!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-02, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-02 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

Safe:

Cin
DracoMalfoy
smrtNsassybnkr
Survivorerist
Bert
EchoGirl
Bucky
EJM
JohnMc

BC: SN
WC: SMN

Secret Word: sleeeve

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-12-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Ok, let's go with:

JohnMc
Echogirl
Bert
Survivorerist
sassy
Draco
cin

SW: Echogirl

WC: Echogirl
BC: Echogirl

No, we don't have an alliance, do we Echogirl? ;)

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-12-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Safe
-----
Cin
Draco Malfoy
smrtNsassybnkr

BC: SMN
WC: SMN

SW: Sleeeve

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

HeyBulldog 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeyBulldog Click to send private message to HeyBulldog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Antiboots:
Cin
Draco
SmrtNSassy
JohnMC
Ejm92
BuckyKatt

WS: SMN
BS: LN

SW: echogirl

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Hi Mr. Sittem!

Ready for my clueless picks? Could I at least get a drumroll? BTW your bobblehead doll makes me dizzy!

Okay my picks. Of course I have to pick me. And my AB alliance partner JohnMc. And sleeeve because he is so darn bold!

So neatly aligned it looks like this:

sleeeve
JohnMc
echogirl

The short, medium, long name thingie? Whatever I am! A medium I think.

The word game? I don't want the points for this so I'll pass.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
That's what I get for not trusting Sleeeve!

Hey Senor Sittem, how will the finale work? And will the BC, WC still apply?

12-13-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
11. "RE: S5 ABPABC Week C Results/Week D Entry"
Thanks for your quick post - now the pressure is on me and I have a boatload to do today along with leaving town early in the a.m. - but no one is interested in excuses. Suffice it to say that two people are neck and neck for the lead - preliminary results show it to be tied, but now that I have your points I have to recheck.

There will be no BC, WC or SW in the finals - BTW - sleeeve and GBelle came through again on the SW - and incredibly, their first words out of the box on their lists were exactly right!

I have to cut the complexity for the finals, so I am going to go with a similar format to yours and ask for three or fewer entries in each of the last three rounds. Hopefully the perfect solution will hit me today. Frankly, with everyone being so perfect these last few weeks it's a harder game to enter and run. But, it's been fun for me. I also have to decide to do with the non-entries that grew dramatically this week - only 8 people put in picks.

Hope to be posting before midnight with the standings and the rules for the finals.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •