The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-10-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
Previously on Survivor, Jiffy tells us the Galutes are invincible but starting to show cracks. The Galutes then prove they are cracking up when the four men choose Shambo as their leader. Shambo shows her leadership skills by doing exactly what the men tell her to do and then shipping her nemesis, Laura, off to the Faux Faux tribe, thus denying her a share of the reward and exposing her to being pounced on by Natalie and Rustle.

Their pouncing skills did them no good in the immunity challenge, however, and Rustle was able to tell Liz, “You ARE the weakest link. Good Bye!” As Faux Faux make their way back to camp after Tribal Council Jaysawn confides that he can be rah rah, if they need rah rah. Natalie agrees that they do indeed need rah, rah, which settles that. Jaysawn then shows off his math skills by explaining that having only four people makes them inferior to the Galutes eight. Rustle thinks this puts them in the perfect position to start playing the game. (Uncle Cameraman doesn’t point out that perhaps they should have started playing the game three weeks earlier.) Rustle further tells us that the Galutes are segregated while Faux Faux is unified so he doesn’t have to be nervous about the numbers. He finishes up confessional with a chorus of “I’m too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for this game, too sly” and vows to plant his seed in the heads of all dumb-----. Fortunately the ick level from that statement was interrupted by the opening credits showing us many people we barely remember, intermingled with shots of scary Samoan warriors and beautiful Samoan scenery.

Day 19 at the Galute tribe brings a confrontation between Laura and Shambo over a missing canteen. It seems that Dave gave Laura’s canteen to Shambo and now said canteen is missing. Shambo insists that, of course, she brought the canteen back, hoping no one remembers the lost fishing gear and chicken. Laura argues that any problems Shambo perceives are on her, while Shambo thinks she’s on Big Brother and a victim of the popular clique. Eric, hiding in his hobbit hole, confides that no would should fight with Shambo since everyone knows Shambo is crazy.

Day 19 at Faux Faux brings tree mail that sends Rustle scurrying to dig up his immunity idol in the hopes that a merge is coming. Both tribes march toward each other on the beach and meet at a treasure chest. It seems that Jiffy has negotiated a really sweet deal this season that allows him to have as little contact as possible with the tribes. With no one to tell them what to do Mick finally cracks open the chest to discover new buffs, paint, a tarp and a letter that confirms they are now indeed one tribe that will return to the old Galute camp for a feast. Shambo declares that the merge has put her on top of the world and proceeds to eat and drink enough to put her into a coma. We next see her bobbing about in the ocean. Apparently Laura has seized the opportunity to shove Shambo into the water hoping the currents will carry her out to sea.

Meanwhile, the old Faux Faux tribe puts the plan to divide and conquer Galute into action. Jaysawn cuts John out of the herd to discuss his schooling, Natalie takes Crazy Dave for a walk to discuss his crabs, Mick encourages Monica to explain how she is NOT overbearing, while Rustle sits at the center of his web allowing one of the 90210 girls to feed him grapes, thus reinforcing his delusions of grandeur.

The merged tribe chooses the name Aiga (extended family) which nauseates Eric. Eric doesn’t feel the need to be nice to the old Faux Faux group since he has an immunity idol which gives him power.

On Day 20 Rustle decides to use the strategy that had worked so well for him in the past and sets out to make an alliance with each member of Old Galute. Only now he chooses to show everyone that he has an immunity idol, promising to give it to his new bud anytime they need it. Laura makes the fatal mistake of back talkin’ Rustle which puts him on the prowl to have her voted out first. Rustle ends by bonding with Shambo over fishing. He’s using squished snails for bait, Shambo is using her mullet. Rustle uses his mind control powers to make Shambo order him to get Jaysawn, Mick, and Natalie to one side and instruct them to write down Laura’s name at Tribal Council. Rustle then solidifies his hold on the camp by ousting John from the hammock and taking control of that as well.

Jiffy finally makes an appearance to tell us that it is now a completely different game. (If only that were true. A good one perhaps.) He takes back the Immunity Stick and unveils the Immunity Necklace. Except!!! There’s not just one necklace but TWO!!! For this challenge the group will be divided by genders and there will be immunity for one man AND one woman. And what a challenge it is – good old fashioned Survivor T-ball. Hit one ball into a triangular score board to earn points, high score wins. The men are up first. Dave scores a 3; Jaysawn strikes out; Rustle-4; Brett-strikes out; Mick-2; Eric-strikes out; and John takes immunity with a 5. Now the women are at bat. Natalie-strikes out; Monica-2; Kelly-3; Shambo-strikes out; Laura takes her place and ………

At that precise moment the storm that had been threatening all evening struck and knocked out my dish. Great. I finally get a chance to write a summary for SurvivorBlows and this is what happens. I offer my deepest apologies for not being able to complete my assignment. (MissMyth hangs her head in shame.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samo... michel 11-10-09 1
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samo... dabo 11-11-09 2
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samo... kircon 11-11-09 3
 RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samo... MissMyth 11-11-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-09, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-09 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

That was a good summary, Miss Myth. You have the snark that it takes! (Rustle too sexy for this game)!!!!!

Too bad about the storm. In case you didn't get the rest, here are some of my notes for the editing thread:

Laura won immunity

Shambo reacted in interview: “That sucked because I really wanted her gone.”

Russell worried : “Shambo wants to let one of our guys go. I’m sure I’m being targeted.”

Laura told Erik that Russell showed her the idol. They set a new plan voodoo in motion. Erik talked about it to John. That's when all hell broke loose:

John (interview): “Some members of Galu, they just want to go down the line Foa Foa Foa Foa. That’s like playing junior varsity Survivor...I still believe it is in our best interest to get rid of Monica.”

Erik agreed and told Dave and Brett.

Dave (interview): “Erik wanted to vote Monica which is crazy. There could be something going on in Erik’s head that he’s not letting on. He’s a crafty dude and that makes me a little nervous.”
Erik got blamed for John's idea, a little like Joel getting blamed for Gervase's idiot joke!!!!

Erik then told Mick, Jaison and Natalie to vote Monica and not tell Russell so that he plays the idol.

As soon as he left, Jaison told the other 2 that he felt Erik was treating him like a child.

That’s when Natalie made her move, going to Laura: “Erik came to us and told us you all 4 need to vote for Monica. He wants all the girls gone. I don’t trust him.”
They asked Kelly what she thought.
Natalie repeated that Erik wanted to vote Monica.

Natalie then told Russell that it was a done deal: “I just changed their mind.”
Russell underestimated Natalie: “I don’t think you talked them into it. I think you think you did.”

Dave went to Shambo in another fun scene:
Dave: “Tonight, Erik goes.”
Shambo: “Who’s Erik?”
Dave: "Erik!"
Shambo: "OUR ERIK????"
It’s nice to realize that the editors know full well they didn’t develop Galu.

Russell (interview): “This is the first time that I don’t know nothing. All of a sudden, all hell breaks loose. All of the girls want to vote Erik out now."

Tribal Council

After useless chit chat, Erik said: “I struggle to see anything that Foa Foa has to offer Galu. Let’s just say they were able to get a Galu member to turn in a very cohesive team. I would be floored if I saw them get one, let alone 2 or 3 that they would need to spin this game."
-Russell responded: “I don’t like pity. I think we have a lot to offer. I think he’s going to be surprised.”
- Erik: “Again, you see the tenacity in the 8 of us since day 1 so it’s a long shot… I think one way to look at it is how they reacted to the merge and dealing with the 8 of us. I can tell you right now: Russ goes out there and scrambles, he’s been in everybody’s ear, Mick comes in, he does his thing and takes it on the chin saying the numbers are what they are, Natalie doesn’t want to step on anybody’s toes and Jaison is just an enigma because you see his intelligence, you see his athleticism but you don’t really see it coming together.”
- Jaison: “He can take a look at my résumé. I’m here to play a game, I’m here to be strategic in my own way. I have a strong problem with that comment.”
-Erik: “Let’s look at your résumé in this game from day 1 and I think you’re making my point.”
- Jaison: “Personal attacks… they eat at me… I tried to play this game hard but not take it too seriously but sometimes something just kicks in.”
-Erik: “I like that in a player…”
-Jaison: “My point is I don’t care what you like.”
- Russell: "There's still hope."
-Erik: “I do respect that. He doesn’t strike me as someone who gives up...But this type of competitiveness is misaligned…”
- Russell: “In other words: Roll over and get voted out quietly. Well, that’s not going to happen. I will talk to each and every individual up here and I will try to strategize with everybody to stay in this game. I ain’t gonna stop playing.”

Russell surprised Jeff by playing his idol
(1 eyebrow Jeff, not both!).
“Everybody knows I have it, I might as well play it.”
Jaison received 2 votes and, even with 4 votes, Erik wasn't worried. The 5th vote surprised him: 1 had flipped. The a 6th vote was placed on him: Erik was floored.
The 7th vote forced Erik to have his torch snuffed.
His last words were something like: "Wow! Never thought an arrogant SOB like myself could ever be voted out!"
(Well, maybe not exactly)
It is a new game...except for Shambo who voted Jaison to find herself alone again.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-09, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
YAY! Love what you did with it.

And better luck next time.

I think there are still some spots left this season.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-11-09, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
MissMyth signed up for a summary.
Her chance to write for Blows
Laura swings, the storm descends.
Into the dark MissMyth goes.

We like what we read
Your snark made us shout with glee.
Please do us the honor
And write another!

I hope you didn’t lose anything else in the storm.

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-11-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official SurvivorBlows S19 Samoa – Episode 8 Summary"
Michel: Thanks for posting your notes. Man, the look on Erik's face must have been priceless!

Kircon: Thank you for the cute poem. I did lose the rest of the shows I had set the DVR for that evening - Supernatural, The Office, The Mentalist - oh well. I still like satellite better than cable.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •