The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dehydration"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-09, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dehydration"
I think I mentioned this somewhere, but I can't find it (maybe I'm dehydrated and confused )

But, with as much rain as they had, why have they not been able to stay hydrated? Is rain water not safe to drink? Can't they used coconut shells to catch rain water?

I know they don't have fire cause everything is too wet.

What am I missing?

Tribe shakes me

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dehydration PepeLePew13 10-21-09 1
   RE: Dehydration Snidget 10-21-09 2
       RE: Dehydration jbug 10-22-09 3
   RE: Dehydration udg 10-24-09 10
 My bad jbug 10-22-09 4
 RE: Dehydration dabo 10-22-09 5
   RE: Dehydration jbug 10-23-09 6
       RE: Dehydration mindy23 10-23-09 7
 RE: Dehydration sittem 10-24-09 8
 RE: Dehydration iltarion 10-24-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dehydration"
OFG already directed you to the appropriate thread over on Spoilers... but here is the gist of things again.

Next time it rains at home, try putting out a big pot and see how much water collects in it. Typically you won't get more than an inch deep in the pot, unless it's an extreme downpour.

Now, you've got 9 Galus in one camp and they don't have containers to trap all of the rainfall, just the one pot that I think they have in camp, and the coconut shells won't trap that much water. It's certainly nowhere enough to provide adequate drinkable water for one person to survive for more than a day or two, let alone 9 people. They'd be lucky to fill one coconut shell each more than halfway in one day, and half a coconut shell isn't enough to keep you adequately hydrated when you're also not getting full nutrition through meals at the same time (many foods have water in it, don't forget).

It's one thing for a native to go without much water for lengthy periods of time as they're used to it from birth, but it's another thing to throw a bunch of people who are used to getting full containers of bottled water any time they felt like it onto an island that has little potable water in the first place.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-09, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dehydration"
I looked at a couple of sites.

Safety-wise, if you don't drink anything from the first 30 minutes of the rain and can collect it in a safe container rain water is reasonably safe.

Generally if you are going to collect what you need for a few days from a rain storm for one person you need a large collecting surface that will not pollute the water. So something like, maybe a tarp or other large piece of plastic, and that assumes you have something to store it in. Just letting it puddle in the open and get stagnant will unsafe it pretty quickly.

If what you collect it in is contaminated then the water needs to be boiled or filtered before you drink it.

10-22-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dehydration"
So, just standing under a tree with water dripping of a leaf is not gonna do it for me, huh?

Okay, so I get it - sorta; but I'd still be trying to get a few drops in me rather than sitting inside a structure getting wet anyway. hummmmmmmmm, sitting under one of those drips with my mouth wide open; I could do that

Thanks guys

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-09, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dehydration"
I think they said in Spoilers that there were 10" of rain, which really adds up!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

10-22-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
4. "My bad"
I had not read all of the weather thread in Spoilers

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7236.shtml

but now I have.
Great information there!

This one could be locked. But there may be some peeps that will read here that do not venture into spoilers. Whatever

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-09, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dehydration"
Somehow none of them ever think of stepping out in the rain, throwing their heads up, opening their mouths. Kinda funny since the main casting requirement seems to be opening their mouths a lot.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

10-23-09, 09:15 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Dehydration"
I couldn't help notice one scene shown last night of someone in the shelter and rain pouring in a steady stream down right in front of their face!

Yea, maybe it wouldn't be exactly clean but I woulda been lying right under that with my mouth wide open!

I got to thinking too about RusSwell. His group had eaten very well. Steaks, sausages, etc. Did they get anything liquid with that reward?

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-09, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dehydration"
>I couldn't help notice one scene
>shown last night of someone
>in the shelter and rain
>pouring in a steady stream
>down right in front of
>their face!
>
>Yea, maybe it wouldn't be exactly
>clean but I woulda been
>lying right under that with
>my mouth wide open!
>
>
>I got to thinking too about
>RusSwell. His group had
>eaten very well. Steaks,
>sausages, etc. Did they
>get anything liquid with that
>reward?

I think they got beer and/or wine, if I remember rightly, which is even more dehydrating. Really really stupid!!!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-09, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dehydration"
I just want to add a little perspective from a hot, tropical climate in Senegal.

It's always critical to stay hydrated and if you are not conscious of that and working at taking water regularly it's easy to get dehydrated. That would be especially true with it being rainy and your primary discomfort is wetness rather than being hot and thirsty. While you might be ok under those conditions a quick change to sunny and humid will just totally sap you of all energy and put a major hurting on you if you haven't been hydrating all along. I think that's what happened with the challenge. Since Russ wasn't adequately hydrated it all went downhill quickly. The mind does strange things in a competitive situation like that. I've been there and you want to deny that there's a problem, but suddenly you lose consciousness and then all reason is gone.

I'm sure all these guys are well equipped with info on staying hydrated. It's just that the mind and thirst just don't keep up with the actual need at times.

I think I need to go have a drink.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-24-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dehydration"
If it rained for over 24 hours straight, the kind of rain that you see in a tropical climate, plenty of rain would have collected in their pot, if they would have used it. Having the pot clean enough to collect drinkable water in it would have been the real challenge.
Here is a novel idea: build a shelter over your fire. Hey! Good idea!

>

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •