The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Drive Shaft"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Drive Shaft"
There is a fansite for Charlie's fictional band Drive Shaft at www.driveshaftband.com. There are a few spolierish type things contained on the site.

Some spoliers include:

There is a lot of information in the news section:

An account by Julian "Zap" Quinnell) Charlie's roadie of the months before Charlie went missing and Charlie making his solo album. - May be in upcoming episode.

There are several refrences thoughout the site to the plane crash which happened Sept. 22.

The news section was last updated Dec. 8 and Charlie is still missing. If the flight was Sept. 22, that accounts for at least 2 and a half months on the island. There go any theroies about them stuck in a timeless void.

On the Sept 23 update, it gives a lot of information about the crash - it crashed Sept 22, disappered from radar 3:24 p.m. Charlie was in seat 68G and they believe the plane is Northwest of Fiji

The remainder of the news contains events that happened before the plane crash. Maybe things in future episodes.

Other facts of interest:
When the band began to decline everywhere else, they became more popular in Australia
There is a website dedicated to Charlie's dissappearance in the news section called Charlie Remembered - contains some nice wallpapers
Also, in the Sept 23 news update, there is a pretty neat missing poster
Not sure if it is related, but the last song on Charlie's solo album is called Dues Ex Machinia which is the name of Episode 19

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thanks for the link PhoenixMons 02-03-05 1
 RE: Drive Shaft joannie 02-03-05 2
   RE: Drive Shaft TenPin 02-04-05 3
       RE: Drive Shaft lovetowatch 02-04-05 4
           RE: Drive Shaft starshyn99 02-04-05 5
               RE: Drive Shaft joannie 02-05-05 6
                   RE: Drive Shaft joannie 02-10-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-03-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
1. "Thanks for the link"
I debated posting this with in the links list because it is supposedly just a fan site - not in any way affiliated with the show (just some really creative fans of Lost/Charlie). I would really like to know when the site was updated to add the "Deus Ex Machina" song title in the news section, though. I hadn't checked out this site myself recently until I came across it while looking for deus ex machina references and I don't recall what was there before. If the song title has been up for a while, then maybe it is really affiliated with the show and they are just playing with us by letting us think it's just a fan-created site...

Regardless, it's a fun site!

Got blog?

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-03-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Drive Shaft"
Yes, http://www.driveshaftband.com is a very creative fan site. I have noticed a lot of discrepancies between the website and things that were on the tv show, for instance, the names of DriveSHAFT'S two albums, though I've noticed the website changing to reflect the tv info.

Also, how could Charlie have been sitting in seat 68G? Everybody knows that Charlie was sitting in the FRONT of the plane!

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Drive Shaft"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-05 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Be careful of your assumptions.

We all saw Charlie go to the front of the plane when he was being followed by the flight attendants. He was in the lavatory when the plane started breaking up. He then sat down at the front of the plane and strapped into what looked like one of the flight attendant's seats.

I really have no idea what his actual seat assignment was, but it wasn't in the front of the plane.

edited for spelling attendant correct one time, but wrong the next... duh

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Drive Shaft"
I think this is directly related to the show. This site has been up since the beginning. I believe it was intended to seem like a fansite. These creators are pretty brilliant. They have this site and the diary thing to keep everyone on their toes. This is one way they guarantee that people are talking and searching for Lost blogs.

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Drive Shaft"
Well, one way we can hopefully tell will be if some of the information that is in the news updates and in Zap's diary are included in upcoming Charlie flashbacks. I guess we will find out next week.

02-05-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Drive Shaft"
Please correct me if I am wrong, but Charlie's last name has NEVER been mentioned on the show. But on the DriveSHAFT website, Charlie's last name is Pace. It will be interesting to see if Pace is really Charlie's last name. Next Wednesday is a Charlie-centric episode, so let's see if his last name is revealed.

02-10-05, 08:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Drive Shaft"
...and Charlie "Pace" it is!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •