The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Irony or karma?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-11, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Irony or karma?"
Last night, I got onto Facebook to post this status update:

"I don't know why 127 Hours ever got filmed--I mean, you're not supposed to shoot an unarmed man, right?"

I know, it's bad. But it's what I do. I'm a punny guy.

Not two minutes later, I slipped down the stairs, grabbed the bannister to break my fall, and dislocated my shoulder. If I believed in a God that interfered in the trivialities of our inane lives, this would convince me that She has a sense of humor.

Two hours of extreme pain later (and some x-rays), the docs in the ER did what I thought would happen right away (and what probably did happen in the days before frivolous law suits): they popped it right back in and sent me home with some painkillers.

So, tell me your story of irony or karma.

At least I got to tell my 127 Hours joke to the paramedics on the way to the hospital. They didn't get it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Irony or karma? jbug 02-11-11 1
   RE: Irony or karma? DearAbby 02-11-11 6
 RE: Irony or karma? grit 02-11-11 2
   RE: Irony or karma? qwertypie 02-11-11 3
   RE: Irony or karma? Gothmog 02-11-11 4
       RE: Irony or karma? Max Headroom 02-11-11 5
           RE: Irony or karma? grit 02-11-11 8
       RE: Irony or karma? grit 02-11-11 7
           RE: Irony or karma? Max Headroom 02-11-11 9
           RE: Irony or karma? Gothmog 02-11-11 10
 RE: Irony or karma? woeisme1 02-11-11 11
 RE: Irony or karma? Brownroach 02-11-11 12
 RE: Irony or karma? Snidget 02-11-11 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-11, 10:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Irony or karma?"
sounds painful....
better today? {{hugs}}

Agman says my new glasses make me look sexy!

I didn't get it either

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-11-11, 11:16 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Irony or karma?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-11 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

I didn't get it either

Neither did I at first. But I finally figured it out!

Gothmog, I'm glad it was nothing more serious than a dislocation. Hope you feel better now!

ETF: HTML

Th-th-th-th-that's tribephyl, folks

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-11-11, 10:53 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Irony or karma?"
Sorry to hear about your accident. I've had shoulder problems and know how painful and inconvenient they can be.

No stories about irony or karma that come to mind right now. But a joke that you might appreciate: About 8 or 9 years ago, my mom was about to have surgery to clear one of her carotid arteries and then, as soon as that was done, another surgeon would jump in and do a triple bypass.

The anesthesiologist came to the pre-op area to talk to my mom before the surgery and she says, "You want to hear a joke?"

Doctor: "Sure."

Mom: "What's the difference between God and a doctor?"

Doctor: "I don't know."

Mom: "God doesn't think he's a doctor."

Me: "Mom! This guy is going to have your life in his hands really soon! Do you really want to be pissing him off right now?"

Fortunately, the doctor had a really good sense of humor about this and everything worked out okay.

I got sliced!

And why aren't we friends on Facebook? Do I smell?

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-11, 10:58 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Irony or karma?"

02-11-11, 10:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Irony or karma?"
Ha! I'm also glad your mom's God doctor had a sense of humor.

I thought about repeating my joke as the resident in ER was giving me the local via a shot, just before popping my arm back in--I was going to comment on how he was shooting an unarmed man. But my lack of success with the paramedics made me refrain. (Or it could have been the pain. Or the fact that I didn't want to mess with his concentration.)

Maybe it's because I don't know your real name? But about that smell thing...

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-11, 11:07 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Irony or karma?"
I'm grit's friend on Facebook and I don't know her real name either. What I do know is her maiden name.

02-11-11, 11:19 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Irony or karma?"
Noticed that, didja? Maybe if you're really nice to me, you can be my friend on my other account.

02-11-11, 11:18 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Irony or karma?"
I'm going to start calling you Sykes.

It's a capn2patch original

I'm in the SBOT Facebook Party group - but don't feel obligated. I know some people like to keep stuff private.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-11, 11:51 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Irony or karma?"
grit, the VP of OT

02-11-11, 12:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Irony or karma?"
As in Bill Sykes?

(sorry. Lit nerd.)

check your flaggy thingy

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-11, 03:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Irony or karma?"
Sorry for your accident and the ensuing agaony (I have had a dislocation and I thought I was in agony so I may be wrong about your tolerance to pain) and hope you heal up fast.

My story is not of my own irony/karma but it hit close to home. My son had a bad year last year and while I didn't realize he was so depressed, at the beginning of the year he was thinking maybe life would be better without him in it, the last straw being his ex wife saying that if she had the money he would already be a dead man. He went to the doctor a few weeks ago and tests revealed he has stage 2 colon cancer. THEN he called and told me all the other stuff and how he now wants to stay among the living. I instantly thought karma, in as much as I believe our thoughts tend to create our "destiny" or shape what lives we live.

Since alot of the problem was custody issues with the ex and her being a beotch and cutting us out of their lives from time to time when the mood struck her (changing phone numbers and the like) I gave him her new number since she wouldn't answer the phone when I would call to talk to the kids, and figured she would be mad at me and change it again. He called and told her his medical news (which made her soften a bit and allowed him to talk to his kids) and then when he called me he said she was more upset about it than I was. Well, gee, you call me late at night and give me this bombshell and no time to process it, really? My thought then was she got her karma with her thoughts, the possibility of losing her child support changed her greedy little tune.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat. Bouncy by Mystic

Woe's world

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-11, 04:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Irony or karma?"
No karny or iroma stories, but I just wanted to tell you that I love your joke and I'm going to tell it to everyone I know.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-11, 06:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Irony or karma?"
*googles 127 hours*

Oh, unarmed man, gotcha.

My Mom hurt her hip in a head on car wreck (she was in the right lane, he made the turn and ran right into her. Coco the dog saved my life as I was on the floor of the back seat playing with her. I think the most upsetting thing for Mom was it was the first time she drove Dad's brand new car...but I digress).

Pain lasted for a lot longer than it should so she went to see the doctor that fixed my hips when I was an infant. He gets her up on the table starts doing an initial basic range of motion test.

"BANG!" goes her hip.

Even the Doc jumped.

Doc asks if she is OK.

Mom says all the pain is gone.

Doc says he doesn't know exactly what he did (it wasn't a position used to re-locate a joint or anything) but as long as it doesn't hurt anymore, just go home and don't come back.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •