The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sexagenarian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-07-08, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sexagenarian"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-08 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-07-08 AT 06:54 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-07-08 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

Yep - that's me now. I'm now looking back from the long side of 60 - turned over the odometer a couple of weeks ago.

Thought I'd just give my semi-annual update from this side of the pond. Life goes on-and it's very busy. The hot season is just passing and soon we'll be freezing with temps at night in the upper 60's - don't laugh - it's absolutely true! We'll be piling the blankets on the bed.

I've given up my starting role on our championship softball team but am still playing utility and tomorrow I'll start my second of our first three games due to player shortages. So, physically I'm doin' ok. Next week the staff will be playing against the varsity boys team to kick off Midnight Madness. While I only play half court these days once a week I'll suck it up to play some time in the game full court. We do struggle in these games to keep up with the boys but it's fun.

To celebrate we invited a bunch of peeps over and about 25 showed up. We had lots of good snacks and projected on the wall "The Ladies #1 Detective Agency" movie - first movie ever produced in Botswana. We had a great time.

We love living here and the community life. I do hope we can get out of Dakar for some R&R over Christmas at some point, though I do have a financial audit coming up right after Christmas.

I chose not to get involved in political disussions over the summer/fall here. It's just so hard to stay connected when I'm in a different time zone. However, I definitely read more and processed more than ever. I'm a political junkie. I probably read 10-15 articles a day on Real Clear Politics - from a variety of perspectives tyring to take an objective look at everything. Got up here at 2 a.m. election night to watch the returns. About 10 staff and 3 students joined and I made waffles and coffee for the asembled. I gotta say I teared up near the end of the victory speech.

Amazingly, I only had to search three pages to find an old post of mine from 3 1/2 years ago in an early discussion about Obama. I was still living in Chicago at the time. Old timers - take a look at some of those who were posting then. Most of us thought his time MIGHT come in 2016 - whoops!

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=21099&forum=DCForumID6&archive=yes

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sexagenarian PepeLePew13 11-07-08 1
 RE: Sexagenarian Estee 11-07-08 2
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 5
 RE: Sexagenarian geg6 11-07-08 3
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 6
 RE: Sexagenarian Spanky68 11-07-08 4
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 7
       RE: Sexagenarian Spanky68 11-07-08 19
 RE: Sexagenarian Ahtumbreez 11-07-08 8
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 9
 RE: Sexagenarian Glow 11-07-08 10
 RE: Sexagenarian samboohoo 11-07-08 11
 RE: Sexagenarian kingfish 11-07-08 12
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 14
 RE: Sexagenarian jbug 11-07-08 13
 RE: Sexagenarian brvnkrz 11-07-08 15
 Happy Belated Birthday! moonbaby 11-07-08 16
 RE: Sexagenarian emydi 11-07-08 17
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-07-08 18
 RE: Sexagenarian cahaya 11-07-08 20
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-08-08 23
 RE: Sexagenarian Max Headroom 11-07-08 21
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-08-08 24
 RE: Sexagenarian blacknwhitedog 11-07-08 22
   RE: Sexagenarian sittem 11-08-08 25
 RE: Sexagenarian mysticwolf 11-08-08 26
 RE: Sexagenarian ARnutz 11-08-08 27
 RE: Sexagenarian Silvergirl1 11-08-08 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-08, 07:23 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy 60th, sittem! You're aging like an extremely fine wine - your best years are still to come.

It's funny, I was looking through your link, and I noted that a couple people were extolling the virtues of Eliot Spitzer as a possible running mate for both Obama and Hillary. How things change over a few years!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Sexagenarian"
So.

Did you have sex?

11-07-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Sexagenarian"
I dunno - that was two weeks ago - you expect me to remember way back then?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Wow. pmspml5 really had it all down. How the hell did I miss that thread? I was an Obama fan since the '04 DNC and can't believe I didn't comment there! Of course, I'd have been like Spidey and said more likely in 2016.

As for your birthday, woo hoo! DBF is over 60 and he's the sexiest man I know. Over 60s are hot!

'Course I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks, so perhaps my perspective is a little prejudiced. DBF thinks I'm ridiculously young. LOL!

"There are souls that, crablike, crawl continually toward darkness, going backward in life rather than advancing, using their experience to increase their deformity, growing continually worse, and becoming steeped more and more thoroughly in the intensifying viciousness." Victor Hugo

11-07-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Sexagenarian"
I can understand DBF's perspective - with legs like yours....

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Great to hear from you, Sittem. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Keep on playing ball. Chicks dig the long ball. At least they do here. Is that true in Africa, too?

Happy birthday.

Drop by more often.

Agman resized my siggie

11-07-08, 09:44 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Long ball? Never really been a part of my game. I don't think I ever hit one over the fence going back to HS. Of course, I've played on lots of fields without fences over the years. I'm more of an Ozzie type (Smith, Guillen). Play shortstop and spray the ball to all fields to get on base. Still batting well over .500

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 02:32 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Good for you. Know your strength and stay within yourself.

Making a great play in the field is fun. Frustrating defenders by "hitting it where they ain't" is delightful.

But I hope you get to hit one out at least once. There is NO OTHER FEELING LIKE IT.

I used to play 3-5 games a week, but since Lovely Bride and I had kids, I seldom have time any more. The only softball I play these days is intramurals at my college.

I turned 40 this year and it was fun playing with 19 year old kids young enough to be my sons. And the weird part is that I hit better than at any time since my mid 20s.

I was 23 for 28 with five homers, one that eventually won a game. And that is counting the errors against me as errors instead of hits. Only a couple of my hits were bloops, and a lot more of them either hit the fence or rolled to it.

Spanky was en fuego

The youngsters had fun with it and we came in 3rd out of 14 teams. They were disappointed, but the team that won it all was clearly better, so there wasn't that sense that we had beaten ourselves.

Have fun and win one for the old guys like us.

Moonbaby tricked out my siggie

I think I am going to hang up the cleats now as I can't possibly do better than that

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:52 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Sittem! You old bobblehead Happy Birthday! Glad to hear everything is going good over there. Now you've made me crave waffles.

Surfin' Safari with Tribe

11-07-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Sexagenarian"
I make very good waffles - kids won't let me get by on Saturdays without them. Gotta make our own syrup too from concentrate.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:10 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Sexagenarian"
wow. Thanks for posting that link, sittem.

Happy Happy Birthday to you.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy Birthday!

Glow Pop made me skeeeeery.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:20 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy birthday you old codger.

60 is the new 30.

I'm very tired of this US election cycle, even the jokes are stale. So, how about Africa?

I remember that you’ve already talked about this, but for some reason I was thinking you were in Senegal. Am I mistaken, you're in Botswana? Maun?

How are local feelings leaning concerning Zimbabwe? As far as I can tell, and I believe we get most of our Mugabe news thru British (thus biased) sources, he is pretty much vilified. But I was in SA last year, and was surprised to find defenders of his administration. Maybe it should not have been too surprising considering that for a long time he has been considered a hero, esp. to black Africans, but it was.

Boo! I am the MOLE! I am here to taunt you! Boo!.

11-07-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Sorry to confuse you - we are in Senegal - just mentioned the movie is about Botswana and also produced there. We love the books and the movie.

The people here are wild about Obama, though Wade, the president does point out that Senegal/Africa can't expect O/US to solve all the problems.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:49 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy belated Birthday! Hope you have more time to join in around here. We miss you.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:58 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy Birthday, Sittem. Good to see you around. *smooch*

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
16. "Happy Belated Birthday!"

Hope you had a great day!

Save Pushing Daisies!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Hey Sittem! Happy birthday! I turned 40 2 weeks ago..together we are a centurian!

That was an interesting flashback thread

11-07-08, 02:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Sexagenarian"
From where I'm at now a centurian doesn't seem all that far away...but I'm glad to be combined one with you at this point!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 02:32 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Great to hear from you again... I had wondered what your thoughts were when watching the crowd in Grant Park on election night.

Good to know someone else here shoots some hoop. I've been playing half-court, but now I'm on the injury list for the next couple of weeks or with a badly stubbed toe. Although I'm right-handed, I've got a mean left hand jump hook shot off the right foot, the ball rolling smoothly off the fingertips at almost rim level and *swoosh*!

Thanks, too, for the link... I've had a good feeling about Obama for a long time - I hadn't realized it was that long! How time flies.

And hey, happy birthday!

Smurfed by Icey.

11-08-08, 01:36 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Sexagenarian"
You may have heard this already since you have easy access to ESPN radio - wonder how we can get an invite to play with this guy?

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3683554

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy belated birthday, sittem. We miss you in the TAR forums!

One other thing: Your name is mud around my house, since your OT Rocks FF team got it's first win of the season over my son's team.

An agman creation

11-08-08, 01:43 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Sexagenarian"
I miss it on TAR also but I've gotta say I'm finding this season a little short of compelling.

Sorry to your son - it's been a rough year here in FF while in my Dakar league I'm just a game out of first - both via auto drafts. In my BB league which was an auto draft also I won it all this year!

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 09:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Dude! Happy Birthday!

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

11-08-08, 01:46 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Sexagenarian"
15 days, 19 hours, 15 minutes, 31.30.29.28.27......

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 02:50 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Happy Birthday! I love your updates. Seriously, John and I has spoken more than once about expatting. Initially, the issue was what we'd do, how we'd contribute, how we'd live. Your posts, someone that had done it, as around our age, was something we shared.

Now, more than ever, it's just a dream. He had the degree, I quit so that he could finish and we wouldn't be competing for have grades in the same classes (Yeah, that was bad in a marriage). Genetics suggested that I should die first; we planned on that, we were wrong.

I still look, online, on occassion, to see how it might be done. But, I don't have the credentials, nor the affiliations to fo it. Not to mention the personal support.

I live in awe of you, and your family. Congrats on your birthday. May you have many more, and may you continue in that time to teach others how to flourish in life. I can't think of a higher calling.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Sexagenarian"
Sorry I missed it. Lemme sing to you...

Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birthday
Happy happy birth birth day!

Sung to "Happy Happy Joy Joy" theme

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Sexagenarian"

I'll be joining the club in about 3 1/2 years. Happy birthday! It's good to hear from you.

Tribe, 2006

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •