The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-08, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
Given all of the conversations about the numbers of political threads this past election season, I thought you might be interested in some actual numbers. I'm not going to address what has already fallen into the archives, only those technically still "current".

Not counting what has already passed into the archives, we had a total of 38 political threads ranging from current page 4-16. These are now all locked.

The current totals stand at 7 running on page 1; 7 running on page 2 (3 of which are locked); 5 on page 3 (3 of which are locked).

Grand total of currently open political threads: 13.

This works out to an election season total of 14.25% (overall political threads on OT pages 1-16, locked, or not).

The current percentage of discussion stands at 17% (open threads only, pg. 1-3).

As we move beyond the election itself into the planning stages and beginning of the new administration, please keep in mind that we still need to share the board with each other. Please continue to post threads that allow for general, rather than narrow-focus, conversations.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 WooHoo! foonermints 11-07-08 1
 RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... cahaya 11-07-08 2
   RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... foonermints 11-07-08 3
   RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... mysticwolf 11-07-08 4
       RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... cahaya 11-08-08 5
 RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... dabo 11-08-08 6
   RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results ... mysticwolf 11-08-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:44 PM (EST)
1. "WooHoo!"
Avoided almost all of them! Thank You dead ISP!

Tribemints© by Tribey

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 10:56 PM (EST)
2. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
While we're doing record keeping... how many posts did that all come up to? Thousands for sure, and I wonder if it didn't approach (or even exceed) five thousand or so. Lotsa monsters in there!

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 11:32 PM (EST)
3. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
»Lotsa monsters in there«

Smile when you say that, Pilgrim.

CTgirl Obama Chupacabra says nyah Nyah NYAH!

11-07-08, 11:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-08 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

It's not like I have anything else to do. They cut off my DTV today, which is less painful than the electric, Internet, or water cutoffs I got to deal with last week. *sigh*

O.K. No guarantee that threads haven't slid since I originally posted the results, and not counting the threads, locked or not, currently on pages 1-3.

34 threads, 4374 responses, plus the originator post = 4408, plus the one originator post that was locked before garnering any responses, makes a total of 4409 election posts.

The record was 500 posts (plus the originator) (edit to finish) "Palin East Coast Watch Thread" currently on page 16.

If y'all want to know what the total number of individual respondents to posts were, or what percentage that is of either all registered RTVW posters, or posters on OT, you can go figure it out youselves. I still have Internet service to other sites and books to occupy my time. Maybe.

ETS, Sorry for the edit, one has computer decided it won't see my wireless system any longer, this one is Vista, and for some reason won't, any longer, go to any pages on any websites, or refresh any web pages, in any window currently open--although it lets me connect to new sites and go where I want from a brand new IE session.

My web failures started with my attempted response to the Religiosity film thread. I think God officially hates me now, although I can't, for the life of me, figure out why, and I'm not about to sacrifice my rooster to fix it, even if I am willing to reluctantly acknowledge that, for others, that might be an appropriate reaction. *bigger sigh*

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 00:09 AM (EST)
5. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
Thanks for counting, my guessimate wasn't too far off.

Moreover, thanks to you and all the mods for your time and patience with us during this election season. Well done!

Yes, fooner, this Pilgrim's smilin'.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-08, 00:30 AM (EST)
6. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
Honestly.. we still have a leak in the roof despite years of trying to get it fixed. I don't think this relates in any way to your post, I just needed to vent.

11-08-08, 01:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: OT '08 Election Thread Results & Reminder"
*WHACK*

I don't want to hear about unconnected leaks in the roof, thank you. My neighbor came over two days ago and put up the ladder that's too heavy for me to manage and cleaned the gutters that were making it rain through the windows and ceilings into my living room. I have enough with my current problems, I have no desire to hear about no longer applicable problems, tyvm.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •