The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
So. There's this bill in front of the Iranian legislature. It's meant to start solving their Christian and Jewish minority problem. Y'see, in the current ultra-radical thinking of Iran's president and a lot of his followers, contact with Christians and Jews sort of makes a devoted Islamic -- well -- I think 'unclean' is the word. Obviously this is something you'd want to avoid at all cost. Said bill is the first step in solving the problem. Put simply, all Christians will have to wear a distinctive red stripe on their clothing to identify them, and all Jews will have to wear a yellow one. This will allow the devout to identify them at a glance and avoid them accordingly. Of course, I'd imagine there's a registration effort involved in this or the whole thing would be kind of pointless, but gee, I can't imagine why anyone would lie about their faith. Or maybe they're already registered and this just saves a 'papers, please' a hundred times a day.

Jews being ordered to wear something yellow so people can see who they are.

Does that sound really familiar to anyone else?

In case you're not near your history books, this is what we generally call Stage One, which has a few thousand attacks to go. Stage Two is hallmarked by herding, isolation, and a higher rate of attacks. Stage Three is wholesale murder in the name of the purity of the murderer's choice.

I guess the darkest possible sentiment here is At least there's someone else along for the ride from the first ticket on this time. The various churches are a lot less likely to ignore it when there's some of their own involved.

'Never again' is right now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... Ante Bellum 05-20-06 1
 RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... mysticwolf 05-20-06 2
 RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... Ante Bellum 05-20-06 3
   RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... Estee 05-20-06 4
       RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... Ante Bellum 05-20-06 5
           RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... buckeyegirl 05-20-06 6
   More links mysticwolf 05-20-06 7
       RE: More links Estee 05-20-06 9
           RE: More links mysticwolf 05-20-06 10
               RE: More links Estee 05-20-06 12
 RE: And now I'm ready to go to war ... sharnina 05-20-06 8
 Come to think of it -- Estee 05-20-06 11
   RE: Come to think of it -- mysticwolf 05-20-06 13
       RE: Come to think of it -- Estee 05-20-06 14
 When does the ware start? mavs_fan 05-21-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-20-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
1. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
If it passes, I am afraid I would have to place myself on the side of "attack now." I would however suggest that we pull some ground forces from Afghanistan and Iraq and replace them with tactical bomber wings.

I hate being forced to THAT side.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
2. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

(censored) Obviously, they have forgotten the part of Islam that teaches that Jews, Christians, and Muslims are all "People of the Book".

And, yes, if it passes I would agree that it must be stopped at all cost. Some things cannot be allowed to repeat.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

05-20-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
3. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
I can't find any independent confirmation of this however.

It could be that I suck at internet searches.

Do you have a link we might follow?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

05-20-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
I originally got the story in print, from -- and yes, gawd help me -- the New York Post. However, even for the Post, they managed to cite enough sources and quotes to make the story seem credible. (On the other hand, this was the bottom-half story on Page One. Top half? Fistfight between Axel Rose and Tommy Hilfiger. I'm not even remotely kidding.)

From the paper's website: http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/68837.htm

There's some variance here -- this is now saying the law passed last week, and I could swear the print story said it was in front of the legislature. The online article is otherwise a lot less detailed and considerably shorter than the print version.

05-20-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
Thank you!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
Double thanks, as I looked on cnn.com and foxnews.com and couldn't find the story anywhere--it was driving me crazy, but was a great time killer at work.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

05-20-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
7. "More links"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

I'm seriously starting to doubt the truth of this, but it's good that people are asking.

The LA Times printed portions of the dress code law (and either I'm missing something, they didn't publish something, or I'm not seeing this mentioned, at all): http://tinyurl.com/sxfde

The Iranian Embassy denies the story in The National Post: http://tinyurl.com/r99z7

Iran says it's a plot to discredit Iran and there's no truth to it in Al Bawaba (including a statement refuting it by the Jewish member of the assembly):http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Iran/198260

ETA: They've been working on this since 2004. From the VOA: http://www.parstimes.com/news/archive/2004/voa/dress_code.html

(Google search on "Iran"+"dress code")

05-20-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: More links"
I would love for this story to be a misreported figment of the Paper Of Broken Record's collective imagination -- but this is also the kind of story Iran would almost automatically deny and then, after the first color-coding showed up, respond with 'We lied. So what? By the way, say one word and we triple the price of your oil.'

05-20-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: More links"
Agree. That's why I think it's good that the question is being asked. Sharnina's link *points down* is pretty detailed in terms of who said what, when. It seems that even the initial reporter is backing off of the story.

But, if you read through it far enough you find that there was a secondary motion proposed that would have done just this. That motion just didn't make it into the law. Yet. It does seem that there are some that would like to go there. So, I'm guessing that this is a story that will bear watching in the future even if it seems that it's not true at the moment.

05-20-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
12. "RE: More links"
So you're saying Tommy Hilfiger didn't try to karate-chop Axel Rose? But they had a picture and everything!

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: And now I'm ready to go to war with Iran."
I found an interesting site that debates the validity of this story.

http://tinyurl.com/pqvz2

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

05-20-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
11. "Come to think of it --"
-- how did a Jewish citizen of Iran get into their parliment?

Must have had a great campaign slogan.

('Vote for me and I'll work to remove myself from the country!')

05-20-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Come to think of it --"
"...the representative of the Jewish minority in the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis), Maurice Motamed,..."

Note he is THE minority representative. I'm gonna bet they have a token Christian and Zoroastrian on Parlament, too. Image is everything, you know.

05-20-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Come to think of it --"
Makes sense. They probably do have a representative from every widespread (as in worldwide) religion, just for appearances and to have someone whose office windows they can TP on a daily basis.

Come to think of it, if someone from a non-represented major religion moved into the area, they'd probably have to add them to the parliment immediately.

Say, Miamicatt. Interested in a political career?

(Nah. It would never work. Bet they haven't given limes the vote.)

mavs_fan 299 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-06, 03:18 AM (EST)
15. "When does the ware start?"
Before or after we let them get a nuke?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •