The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So I'm Reading This Great Book."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"So I'm Reading This Great Book."
I am actually avoiding the final pages because I don't want it to end yet.
"Case Histories" by Kate Atkinson. Highly recommend it.

I also finished "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith and enjoyed that, too.

Never enough book thresds.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. Breezy 11-02-05 1
   RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. weltek 11-02-05 6
       RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. Breezy 11-02-05 8
 RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. samboohoo 11-02-05 2
 RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. HistoryDetective 11-02-05 3
 I'm such a sad sack geg6 11-02-05 4
   RE: I'm such a sad sack Breezy 11-02-05 5
 RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. weltek 11-02-05 7
 RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. India 11-02-05 9
   RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. geg6 11-02-05 10
   RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book. frisky 11-02-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
1. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
I need some reading material for my plane trip next week. So need some good book reccomendations.

A friend *smooch* sent me a linkydoo for this book. I'll be picking that one up this weekend.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
That looks like a fun read! Let me know how you like it.

11-02-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
Will do!

*smooch* to my favorite bookclub buddy

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
I'm behind on the book reading, so I will add this to my list. I also saw an interesting find in my People, but I don't remember the name of it. It got a four-star rating.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
I've been trying to work through this book forever. I think I might know how it ends though.

Sigs by Syren and Seana. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal
"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
4. "I'm such a sad sack"
that I haven't even really been able to get into reading lately. Which, if you knew me well, you'd know is a major red flag signalling my depression level these days.

That said...

I just finished "A Breath of Snow and Ashes," the last of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Ties things up quite nicely, but I would have liked to see Claire and Jamie through the Revolution.

I have a couple Philippa Gregory novels laying around that I'll be getting to soon.

A bit late in the game, I also just finished "What's the Matter With Kansas" by Thomas Frank. I'm sure the neo-cons and religious right have vilified the book and author, but he explains in easily understandable terms why so many in (especially middle) America have turned into right wingers despite the fact that most of the far right Republican policies are diametrically opposed to their self-interest.

I have a novel called "Seraglio" my sister gave me (sorry, can't remember the author) that I thought would be steamy but instead is apparently a look at the politics of Middle Eastern harems in the Middle Ages. Still steamy, but not quite in the way I thought.

I'm such a slut for the blues.
What I'm really looking forward to, though, is the Rock Star: INXS dvd that I just pre-ordered. It will get me through the hard times during my endless Christmas break.

11-02-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I'm such a sad sack"
Rumormills say there will be another book. I'm still reading Breathe. Life has gotten in the way of my reading lately, that and Morgan. She wants me to play fetch with her instead of read. Go figure.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
I finally picked up a book I've been wanting to read for a long time: The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman.

A few nursing profs have this as either required or recommended reading for their courses. In a nutshell, it's a case study in why cultural sensitivity is important in healthcare. It follows a Hmong family from their days in Laos through the Merced, CA healthcare system with a daughter with epilepsy. A long, involved read, but extremely stimulating.

India 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
9. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-05 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

I'd like to read something light and happy these days, and this certainly looks like it would be a fun read - I plan on picking it up on my next trip to Borders:

Julie and Julia

Being a self-confessed lousy cook (the BF does all the cooking in our house - I do the dishes), it's funny how some of my favorite books have to do with cooking - "A Year In Provence" and "A Cooks Tour" are also two I highly recommend!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
Oooooo!

I want to read "Julie and Julia." Badly.

*runs to write down on her Christmas wish list*

I'm such a slut for the blues.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: So I'm Reading This Great Book."
Julia and Julia is one of those "why didn't I think of that" books that just pisses me off so much because I wish I'd thought of it before Julia! Waaaaaaah!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •