The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ranting about parking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-05, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ranting about parking"
Why is it that when people at my place of employment who park on the street INSIST on leaving about 3/4 or 5/6 of a car length space between cars so that there is SO MUCH WASTED SPACE???

There are no "parking spaces" on the street (i.e. marked with lines) so you just park wherever but when they leave so much space between cars it means that two, three, four, or more cars can't park near the building that would have otherwise been able.

I'm thinking of going out at night with a spray can and marking spaces!

OK, I feel better now, sort of.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ranting about parking Snidget 08-16-05 1
   RE: Ranting about parking PepeLePew13 08-16-05 7
       RE: Ranting about parking arkiegrl 08-16-05 9
 RE: Ranting about parking txmomma26 08-16-05 2
   RE: Ranting about parking RudyRules 08-16-05 4
       RE: Ranting about parking txmomma26 08-16-05 6
           RE: Ranting about parking RudyRules 08-16-05 15
 RE: Ranting about parking mrc 08-16-05 3
 RE: Ranting about parking bystander 08-16-05 5
   RE: Ranting about parking Maroonclown 08-16-05 11
 RE: Ranting about parking Silvergirl1 08-16-05 8
   RE: Ranting about parking RudyRules 08-16-05 16
 RE: Ranting about parking Estee 08-16-05 10
   RE: Ranting about parking Snidget 08-16-05 12
       RE: Ranting about parking cahaya 08-16-05 13
           RE: Ranting about parking bystander 08-16-05 14
   RE: Ranting about parking RudyRules 08-16-05 17
 RE: Ranting about parking sittem 08-16-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ranting about parking"
I hate when people do that too.

I mean damn I understand some people find parallel parking is hard, but if you can't do it, park somewhere else and walk.

What we need is get them to send you a bunch of those micro-mini commuter cars that I think they have in Europe. ( http://autonet.ca/AutonetStories/stories.cfm?storyID=9431 ) They should fit in the spaces in between and then the whole street can be full and they will eventually learn how to pull back out well enough that they won't leave a huge space next time.

A Syren Creation

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Smart cars? We got plenty of these up here in Can'tada. They're prolly not as popular in North America as they are in Europe because of family sizes and the mentality of 'bigger = power' that is rather prevalent here.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ranting about parking"
After just having read this, your comment bigger=power really made me chuckle.

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ranting about parking"
It's so they can pull out without worrying about taking out the car in front of them's bumper.

Sweet, sweet Slicey!

08-16-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ranting about parking"
If they can't park well enough to have to worry about that then maybe they should be a-walking!

Today I managed to squeeze into a space with about 1 to 2 inches to spare! Thankfully I took the Celica and not the Jimmy!

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Guess I better put on my walking shoes, huh?

*grin*

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop

08-16-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Either that or park in a lot and don't park on the street.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ranting about parking"
They're celebrities, and this is one of their demands?

A Nefarious Dice Creation

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ranting about parking"
I've got the opposite rant. Why is it that certain Institutions try to squeeze soooo many parking spaces into such a small space that it is almost impossible to park between the lines in the lot? C'mon people, you need to be able to open your cardoor without whacking the car next to you. There is a minimum amount of space needed for a grown adult to squeeze out the door without hitting the car next to you.

My favorites are a major home improvement warehouse (the blue one, not the orange one), a major medical center in the Baltimore area (yeah, the prestigious one) and my kids karate school (where my wife has been backed into twice!!!)

We all need elbow room. Especially those with the big monster honkin' SUV's (not me).

I do feel for you parking on the street. Maybe they've all been dinged and scratched so much they are overcompensating.

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ranting about parking"
I can so relate to this. Before I went underground I used to park in a lot above ground. They squeezed people in so tight it was almost impossible to get teh car out once you got in.

*hangs head in shame* I once had to have the attendant get my car out of a teeny space because I just couldn't manage it.

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2005

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ranting about parking"

I'd say use the spray can to help people park better, but don't get caught if you can get into trouble for it. (Rudy, you're such a rebel! *tee hee*)

I parked downtown with my sister and nieces in tow to visit my mother at University Hospital years ago. It was a tough squeeze and I had to really rock back an forth to get in, but I made it without hitting anyone, and was declared a hero by my sister and family because they couldn't do it. I had a lot of practice since I lived on a street where you had to parallel park. I'm not as good at it as I used to be, though, because I'm out of practice. I think a lot of people really don't know how to parallel park.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

A/C is cool.

08-16-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Rudy, you're such a rebel!

You aren't the first to make that observation!

Congrats on your good parkintg job, you are now officially inducted in my parallel parking hall of fame!

PPHF inductees: Silvergirl1, RudyRules.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Hi. That's a nice empty driveway you've got there. You know what you should do with that driveway? You should park in it. Not in front of it. Not where you and the people across the street doing the same thing narrow the road down to less than one lane. But in it. Every time.

P.S: Attached please find what's left of your mirror. I might have been able to avoid hitting it, but getting between two SUVs when you have less than a lane was just too hard. I hope you understand.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ranting about parking"
Maybe if we called it a Parkway they'd Park there? I mean they might think if it is a Driveway they need to Drive there?

Where is Mr Potter when you need him?

sorry, bad joke

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ranting about parking"
And if it's an Expressway, they'd express themselves there. And if it's a Highway, they'd get... oh, never mind.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-16-05, 03:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ranting about parking"
>they'd express themselves there

Are they lactating?

08-16-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ranting about parking"
lol Estee!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-16-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Ranting about parking"
This irritates the heck out of me too. Our apartment buildng is on a corner so parking needs to be done efficiently so you don't have to park a half block away. It seems that for the most part we have people who "get it" more these days. There were times in the past when I almost did go out and paint lines. I guess after being here for 24 years I may have gotten more tolerent in the last few years.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •