The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My cat ran away"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-04-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"My cat ran away"
My beautiful cat Thunder is lost. He is an indoor cat who likes to make a break for it every time the door opens, and last night, he got out again. He usually stays around the house, but sometimes he disappears for an hour or so and then we'll see him sitting in the driveway. Last year, I had to go for a drive and found him on the street that backs onto us, just rolling around in the dirt.

I tried to catch him last night, but when I got within a foot of him he took off. I drove to the store and when I came back, he was on the front lawn and was walking up to the sidewalk in front of the front door. He sat down there, and was out of my line of sight while I parked the car. I was thinking "that little b@stard is gonna be gone when I get out of the car" and sure enough, I walked around the car and the sidewalk was empty. He just went *poof*. We haven't seen him since.

I kept checking for him last night and even went out in the car and on foot three or four times. I couldn't find him. I was so tired that I went to bed but neither DH or I could sleep. DH got up at 5:00 and went looking for Thunder before work and couldn't find him. DD and I looked all day, searching the neighbourhood, calling his name, hanging up posters, etc. There is no roadkill in the area, so we don't think he's been hit by a car. I called the local animal hospitals and the Humane Society, and they have him listed on their "missing" lists.

DD just cried herself to sleep. Thunder and DD are best buddies. We all feel sick and have big huge holes in our hearts. We just love our kitties.

Please think good thoughts about Thunder and if you have any happy "the cat came back" stories, that would be very comforting, too.

The world is my litterbox.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My cat ran away seahorse 07-04-05 1
 RE: My cat ran away txmomma26 07-04-05 2
 RE: My cat ran away Schnookie Palookie 07-04-05 3
   RE: My cat ran away frisky 07-04-05 8
 ((Frisky)) Puffy 07-04-05 4
   RE: ((Frisky)) frisky 07-04-05 12
 RE: My cat ran away arkiegrl 07-04-05 5
 RE: My cat ran away Snidget 07-04-05 6
   RE: My cat ran away frisky 07-04-05 11
       RE: My cat ran away Molaholic 07-05-05 18
 RE: My cat ran away Surveysez 07-04-05 7
   RE: My cat ran away frisky 07-04-05 10
 RE: My cat ran away motormouth 07-04-05 9
 RE: My cat ran away foonermints 07-04-05 13
 RE: My cat ran away mysticwolf 07-04-05 14
 RE: My cat ran away PepeLePew13 07-04-05 15
   RE: My cat ran away samboohoo 07-05-05 27
 RE: My cat ran away universityofkentuckyrocks 07-04-05 16
 RE: My cat ran away Silvergirl1 07-05-05 17
   Maybe I'm a bad person mysticwolf 07-05-05 20
       RE: Maybe I'm a bad person Dakota 07-05-05 33
   RE: My cat ran away foonermints 07-05-05 21
 RE: My cat ran away foonermints 07-05-05 19
 RE: My cat ran away brvnkrz 07-05-05 22
 RE: My cat ran away AugustGirl 07-05-05 23
 RE: My cat ran away weltek 07-05-05 24
 Thinking good thinks moonbaby 07-05-05 25
 RE: My cat ran away volsfan 07-05-05 26
 RE: My cat ran away dragonflies 07-05-05 28
 RE: My cat ran away calamityc 07-05-05 29
 RE: My cat ran away Immunegirl 07-05-05 30
 RE: My cat ran away KScott 07-05-05 31
 RE: My cat ran away ARnutz 07-05-05 32
 RE: My cat ran away bystander 07-05-05 34
   RE: My cat ran away ginger 07-05-05 35
 RE: My cat ran away miamicatt 07-05-05 36
 RE: My cat ran away MTW1961 07-05-05 37
 Cleo Puffy 07-05-05 38
 No Thunder yet... frisky 07-05-05 39
   RE: No Thunder yet... Surveysez 07-05-05 40
       RE: No Thunder yet... frisky 07-05-05 41
           RE: No Thunder yet... greenmonstah 07-05-05 42
               RE: No Thunder yet... samboohoo 07-05-05 43
               RE: No Thunder yet... ARnutz 07-05-05 44
 UPDATE!!! frisky 07-06-05 45
   RE: UPDATE!!! LibraRising 07-06-05 46
   RE: UPDATE!!! universityofkentuckyrocks 07-06-05 47
   RE: UPDATE!!! Puffy 07-06-05 48
   RE: UPDATE!!! foonermints 07-06-05 49
   RE: UPDATE!!! arkiegrl 07-06-05 50
   RE: UPDATE!!! mysticwolf 07-06-05 51
   RE: UPDATE!!! motormouth 07-06-05 53
   RE: UPDATE!!! calamityc 07-06-05 54
   RE: UPDATE!!! AugustGirl 07-06-05 56
   Yay! Drive My Car 07-06-05 57
   RE: UPDATE!!! Snidget 07-06-05 58
   RE: UPDATE!!! ARnutz 07-06-05 59
       RE: UPDATE!!! frisky 07-06-05 65
           RE: UPDATE!!! samboohoo 07-06-05 68
               RE: UPDATE!!! volsfan 07-06-05 73
   RE: UPDATE!!! cahaya 07-06-05 61
   RE: UPDATE!!! dragonflies 07-06-05 62
   YAY!!!!!!! newsomewayne 07-06-05 63
       RE: YAY!!!!!!! frisky 07-06-05 67
   RE: UPDATE!!! rasslinmomma 07-06-05 66
       RE: UPDATE!!! Surveysez 07-06-05 71
   RE: UPDATE!!! brvnkrz 07-06-05 69
   RE: UPDATE!!! seahorse 07-06-05 70
   RE: UPDATE!!! Bebo 07-06-05 72
 Whoo Hooo! Molaholic 07-06-05 52
   RE: Whoo Hooo! Silvergirl1 07-06-05 55
       RE: Whoo Hooo! frankz 07-06-05 60
           RE: Whoo Hooo! arkiegrl 07-06-05 64
               RE: Whoo Hooo! frankz 07-06-05 75
                   RE: Whoo Hooo! Surveysez 07-06-05 76
 Hooray!!!! RE: My cat ran away Roo 07-06-05 74
   RE: Hooray!!!! RE: My cat ran a... ginger 07-06-05 77

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
1. "RE: My cat ran away"
For all your sakes I hope you find Thunder quickly. I know it is especially tough on children when they lose a pet.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
2. "RE: My cat ran away"
Awww Friskers, I'm sorry! Hopefully Thunder will come home soon.

*hugs* to you, Mr. Frisky and the Little Friskys.

It ain't proper, it ain't cool but folks remember what you do...in nothin' but cowboy boots...

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:25 PM (EST)
3. "RE: My cat ran away"
*BIG HUGS* to you all Frisky. I'm sending good thoughts your way that Thunder comes back home. Pretty much most of my indoor kitties have gotten out at one time or another and I know how sick you get waiting and wondering. They all came home eventually, all fine. If Thunder has a fave kitty bed or toy, perhaps you can put it outside. He might smell it and come back.

07-04-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My cat ran away"
Done.

Thanks, Nookie. That DD, she is a smart kitten. She put the bed out on the front porch. When we came back from one of our Thunder-hunts, DH had brought the bed back in. So DD put it back out before she went to bed, and I saw DH bring it back in.

"Keep the damn cat bed on the front porch fercryinoutloud!" I sez.

He said he was going to move it to the deck. DH is one of these crazy territorial people who thinks that thieves will come and steal the cat bed.

So, I have again moved the cat bed to the front porch. Poor Thunder will be all confused now!

I want my baby back.

Puffy 6703 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:25 PM (EST)
4. "((Frisky))"
It's too soon to tell yet, Frisky. Thunder may return. Once my Smokey was gone for a few days and suddenly he returned to the back door. There are stories out there of cats who are moved across the country and then return back home months later. I know Thunder will come back to you. By the way, you are mentioned in today's Doonesbury comic. One guy asks another guy what his favo(u)rite flavor of cat food is. The reply: Friskies! Yay Frisky!

Move over Bob, this is an Arkie original

And there's a "Bob-type" drawing in today's Foxtrot comic, too. I guess I have OT on the brain while reading the Sunday funnies.

07-04-05, 10:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: ((Frisky))"

If Thunder comes back I'm gonna hug him and kiss him and cuddle him so tight!!!

Then I shall strangle him.

Every time I said Thunder's name today, I followed it with -- under my breath of course -- "you little b@stard."

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: My cat ran away"
{{{Hugs}}} to the Frisky family!

blah blah blog.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My cat ran away"
A friend of mine had a cat that did short outside trips (monitored) but got scared one time by the dogs next door.

The cat was gone for several days and my friend was dozing in the downstairs bedroom rather than her bed because she couldn't sleep at night with her cat being lost.

Well right about dawn she hears something outside and there is her cat yowling to be let in. Not much worse for wear, but very very glad to have gotten back home.

I hope that Thunder gets home soon.

Where is Mr Potter when you need him wirh a "find the lost cat" spell?

07-04-05, 10:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My cat ran away"
Speaking of yowling, we have ruled out someone finding Thunder and taking him in thinking he's a stray. They wouldn't be able to stand listening to him for an hour. The cat can howl with the best of them, and he does it constantly.

You should see Crash, Thunder's brother. He's perched on the top of the sofa, in the centre, looking down upon his kingdom. It's like he's assumed the throne. He's waited for ten years for this moment LOL.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
18. "RE: My cat ran away"
Mebe you should give Crash a polygraph?

But seriously Frisks, my thoughts are with you, the Friskettes, and of course Thunder (COME HOME YOU LITTLE BUGGAR! YOU'RE MAKING MAMA SAD!)

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-04-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: My cat ran away"
Oh sweetie - I hope he comes home soon. Our neighbour had a cat that was gone for two weeks, then showed up at the door like he had just been let out.

07-04-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: My cat ran away"
*smooch*

Thanks. One of the first things I told DD this morning was the story of my beloved Patches, my childhood cat, who was displaced from home by some heartless cat displacers. The cat came home hungry three nights later. It gave DD hope, and yes it is too soon to give up hope.

I fear cat displacers and coyotes. We live near a conservation area so there's lots of wildlife. I just hope that if he's *gulp* gone for good that he didn't suffer.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-04-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: My cat ran away"
{{hugs}} to you and your family Frisky! I know others have said it too, but they do usually come home. Hang in there!

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 10:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: My cat ran away"
Cat prayers from California. Yes, I explain the problem to the cats, and they give me their responses.

Koko: grrrwrrrrr
YumYum: owowowowow
Phoebe: YOW
Tigger: purrrrr
Angel: <quiet>
Orangie: mmmmmmrgh
Kelly: YOWWW!
Alex: <quiet>

I hope Thunder comes home quick!

flag?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My cat ran away"
My heart is breaking for you and your family, Frisky. Thunder will come back. I can only offer 2 stories (1 cat, 1 dog - sorry).

Cat - Virtually all of our pets have been adopted. With cats, that means they were feral. Tiger, who's now an aged 15, was a tough guy when we brought him in. He was scared. He hated and avoided us - particularly DH. While at work one day DH went to the kitchen & Tiger freaked. He tore around the room and ended up behind the fridge. Poor DH had to move the fridge to get him un-stuck - getting majorly clawed in the process. He was so po'd he threw Tiger outside and told him not to come back. Tiger ran, long and far. I was not happy when I heard about it, but he was long gone. Took a couple of days and he came back. Again, DH was there and I was not. DH let him back in. Now - 14 years later, Tiger doesn't want to leave DH's side. His time is coming, and DH will be devastated.

Dog - Fourth of July a number of years ago. We'd just added our rescued Pyr and that made 11 for us. We didn't get them in quick enough before the neighbors started firing off fireworks. (I HATE fireworks, sorry, Bob.) They freaked, and Spice opened the fence gate. We spent the night looking for everyone - in intermitted, cold, pouring rain. Couldn't find Cognos. (One of the Border Collies born in our home on Father's Day by one of our rescues, and kept by us - we had kept 4 of them, all brothers.) Looked for him for 3 months. Literally, the day I came home and said to myself "He's gone. You have to get over it and stop looking.", I came in to a message on the answering machine. Someone had found him, over 70 miles from our home.

Miracles happen. Believe.

Many, many {{{hhugs}}} for all of you.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My cat ran away"
Aww Frisk... hang in there and hopefully Thunder will recognize the scent of the bed and come back soon, that's a real good idea to do that.

Perhaps I should turn on zee irresistible charm to get Thunder home for you -- how can that (or any) cat resist my charms?

A cat-that-came-back story... one morning I got the kids ready and ushered them down the stairs to catch the school bus that stops right in front of the house, then after I saw the bus leave, I sat back down into my armchair to get onto OT. A few minutes later, I looked out of the window and saw a cat prancing around in the great big open field behind our townhouse, and I said to myself, "Hmm that looks a lot like our cat, Jewel. Wait. Oh, sh!t! It *is* Jewel!" and promptly sprinted out the door to hunt the cat down. After about 15-20 minutes, I finally tackled the cat who was by now completely terrified and completely devoid of any crap in her system as she no doubt crapped in her shorts (if she had any) since she had never spent a single day outside of our front door except to go to the vet.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
27. "RE: My cat ran away"
"Perhaps I should turn on zee irresistible charm to get Thunder home for you -- how can that (or any) cat resist my charms?"

Now, if you happen to see a gray skunk, don't be alarmed.

Sorry Frisky. I hope Thunder returns soon.

Icey bounced my Dicey

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-04-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My cat ran away"
Hope you find Thunder.

UL will always suck in my book!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
17. "RE: My cat ran away"

About 10 years ago, our cat Sabrina followed me out the door, and I didn't notice it. Later, when I could not find her, I figured out what happened. When she didn't return after a few days, I put up signs in the neighborhood, describing her. I also mentioned that she was FIV+, and should not be living with other cats.

The night I posted the signs, she showed up yowling on our back porch. I think someone had been keeping her in their house as a pet, but she was very happy to be back home with us.

A number of years ago, I read a funny story about a cat owner who wondered why their cat would dissapear for a few months over the winter, and return in the spring. It turned out that another couple had been taking the cat with them on their winter trips to Florida, not realizing the cat had other owners.

{{{Hugs}}} and best wishes for the safe return of Thunder.

Silvergirl
I just had the ID chip put into our cat Dusty this past month, but I hope he never gets lost.
Come swimming with me!

07-05-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
20. "Maybe I'm a bad person"
A number of years ago we used to have a cat that would come to "visit". He'd want in and he'd want loving, and he was good with all of my resident cats & dogs. We'd let him in & when it got later, he'd want out, & we'd let him out. We called him Simon.

We came to find out that he was "owned" by a woman the next street over. Everyone said she pretty much neglected all of her pets. But, he was hers, so we left it be.

The day we were moving, as the truck was closing up, Simon showed up. He'd been in a fight. He'd been beaten to sh_t. It was obvious from the wounds that the fight had been several days past. Some were infected.

I said "That's it, you're coming with us!" We loaded him up and moved him with us. Got him vet care and he lived with us for another 11 years.

Went back to the neighborhood once and, to my surprise (and fear) a number of peeps said that they had noticed that he'd disappeared at about the same time we'd moved. Evidently we weren't the only family he'd "adopted". They wondered if it was connected... Ummmmmm! They immediately said that "IF" I'd taken him, they weren't about to say anything. I confessed and they were the happiest group of peeps I think I've ever seen.

As a note: If you want to adopt, the least adopted cats & most euthanized, statistically, are Orange & White. That's what Simon was.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Maybe I'm a bad person"
>The day we were moving, as
>the truck was closing up,
>Simon showed up. He'd been
>in a fight. He'd been
>beaten to sh_t. It was
>obvious from the wounds that
>the fight had been several
>days past. Some were infected.
>I said "That's it, you're coming
>with us!" We loaded him
>up and moved him with
>us. Got him vet care
>and he lived with us
>for another 11 years.

I *heart* you for this.

My SIL has "adopted" some strays, giving them a small, outside shelter and food. She starts handling and bringing the kittens inside for a little while, getting them used to people, until they're old enough to leave mom. Then she tries to find homes for them. One of these feral cats went out one day and got into a little rumble with (we think) a racoon. He came back to his crate outside SIL's home. She saw him, took him to the vet, kept him inside and he's never left the house sinceo--actually runs from an open door.

>As a note: If you
>want to adopt, the least
>adopted cats & most euthanized,
>statistically, are Orange & White.

Didn't know this! I adopted an orange/white. Thought she was the prettiest little thing.

FOR FRISKY: Back in my just out of school, bar-hopping, drinking days, mom and her DH went to their cottage almost every weekend in summer. The cats and dog went with if they could be found. One tomcat disappeared for over a week--unusually long for him. Mom went to the cottage without him. We thought he was a goner. Well, I come strolling in around sunrise (we were responsible drunks who went out to breakfast before driving home) and the darn cat was sitting by the back door looking at me like "What are you looking at? Open the damn door!" He had a few scratches, but was otherwise fine.

Prayers and hugs for Thunder and family. Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

07-05-05, 01:09 AM (EST)
21. "RE: My cat ran away"
We have ID chips in all our cats. Initially, I was worried about health risks. Now I'm convinced it is the best way to go, since some of our cats have a tendency to lose their collars.

07-05-05, 00:45 AM (EST)
19. "RE: My cat ran away"
Try this to generate flyers.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 02:52 AM (EST)
22. "RE: My cat ran away"
*hugs*
We had a cat show up on our doorstep last year. It wouldn't leave for a couple of days. We caught it, held it in the garage until the humane society came and got it. They called us a week later to tell us that the owners of the cat had been missing her for almost a year. But every couple of days for that year they would check the shelter just in case the cat showed up. We found out that they lived about 7 miles from us and somehow the cat had wandered onto my front door. So, even after almost a year they got their cat back.

when you love someone, you tend to see them as you want them to be, not as they are.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 06:45 AM (EST)
23. "RE: My cat ran away"
Awwww, Frisky. I'm keeping good thoughts that Thunder returns safe and sound. And soon.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: My cat ran away"
Awww, he'll come back, Frisky. Just have the flea remedies ready for him when he does. He'll probably even bring you a present, like a dead bird.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
25. "Thinking good thinks"
and hoping there's a little Thunder by your house when you get home this afternoon

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
26. "RE: My cat ran away"
Hope he comes home safely!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
28. "RE: My cat ran away"
Hey, Frisky,

I'm sending happy cat thoughts to you and your family for Thunder's safe return.

I do have a returning cat story. My B&W cat Buddy got out last summer. I didn't even know it, but about 5 hours later I was looking for him, to no avail. All my cats are indoor cats, so this was unusual. I ran around our 3+ acres including the woods, calling his name, to no avail. I was about to get in the car, when I saw something black & white 2 doors down (which is about 1/4 mile). So I headed over there. He saw me coming, ran around the back of the shed he was standing by, and came running back to our house. I've never seen a cat run so fast. Of course he didn't come right to me, but made me go to him. He was dirty, but unharmed after his adventure.

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-05-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
29. "RE: My cat ran away"
Hi Frisky,
I was really hoping there would be word on here this morning that Thunder had been found. I didn't have any lost then found stories to share. Just wanted you to know I hope the outcome is a good one.

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-05-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
30. "RE: My cat ran away"
(((hugs))) and good thoughts Frisky

Syren rocks!

blog

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-05-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
31. "RE: My cat ran away"
Since I have only had my kitties for 9 months I have no "the kittie came back" stories. I wish I did but I am sure Thunder will come back. I will have Miss Kitty & Bootsie send "get home now" telepathy to Thunder.

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"
I do hope Thunder shows up soon!
Invisible

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
32. "RE: My cat ran away"
Poor baby! Out there all alone in the world. {{{kitty hugs}}}

I have no "kitty came back" story either and this is not the place for my "kitty didn't come back" story.

Hope Thunder finds his way home safely!

A Generous IceCat Creation!

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
34. "RE: My cat ran away"
Sorry to hear about your kitty, keep thinking positively.

DW and I used to live in an apartment complex in Cincinnati years ago and had a cat that loved to roam outside any chance she got. They were garden apartments that all had outside entrances to a large grassy courtyards, really beautiful place. One time our dear kitty got out and didn't come back. We searched all over the complex. One day when leaving for work we spied an unfortunate cat by the side of the road that looked just like ours. Our hearts were broken. We even stopped, took a look, looked just like our poor cat. We picked up the poor kitty, and properly disposed of the body.

Fast forward 3 weeks, we are getting home from work and hear this loud meowing in the shrubs outside our apartment. Out pops our dear kitty. She was skin and bones but happy as anything to see us. DW and I looked at each other with that "Can you say Pet Sematary" look.

Apparently our cat was not dead at the side of the road. And No, I didn't find my calling picking up dead animals at the side of the road. We believe she must have gotten locked into an apartment that was being renovated nearby.

So there is always hope and your kitty could verywell showup at any time. Sending positive thoughts your way!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
35. "RE: My cat ran away"
Many is the time I've given up, and then the Cat Came Back. Keeping fingers and claws crossed, Frisky!

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
36. "RE: My cat ran away"
Oh Frisque, I'm so sorry. Stay positive though, I have a strong feeling Thunder will be back.

My little Rusty ran off once before...right after I brought her home. I thought she just bolted back to the used car lot she was living in and I'd never see her again. But two days later when I went to leave for work, there she was, curled up on my front porch.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-05-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
37. "RE: My cat ran away"
Hi Frisky, *hugs* from me too.

Thunder will be back, I would bet on it.

We have so many cat stories. Once, a couple of years ago, one of our cats left. We figured maybe he got tired of our new little kitten, plus we had recently moved, and that may have been distressing. He was gone a few weeks then one day showed up at our back door as if he'd never been away.

Another story - we moved out of the house we had lived in for many years into temporary quarters with my sister, about 4 miles away. She had two cats and we brought two cats with us. After a couple of weeks, Daisy apparently decided she didn't like the new living arrangments and ran away. About a week later, we got a phone call from the new owners of our old house, asking if we were missing a cat. Daisy had made her way back to our old house. We retrieved her again, but she ran back to the old house. Eventually, we left her there in the care of our former next-door neighbor.

At various times our other cats have gone on vacation for up to 4 days at a time. usually, we later find out that a neighbor was feeding them something particularly yummy.

We still have four cute as a button little kittens if you need a new one

07-05-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
38. "Cleo"
Frisky, last night before I went to bed, I asked my cat, Cleo, to send out kitty-vibes to return Thunder safely home. This morning, the first thing I did when I woke up was check with Cleo. She licked me on the nose, a good indication that Thunder is heading home. Maybe Thunder is just out looking for a new set of wet teats.

07-05-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
39. "No Thunder yet..."
...but we did have a big thunderstorm in the middle of the night. At least he got a bath. *sigh*

First, thanks everyone for the stories. I'm going to show them to DD later.

I put the food out as you suggested, Mystie, and DH was laughing this morning because he stepped out the door and there was our neighbour's cat enjoying the surprise feast. I'm thinking that's good, let him eat, because Thunder would be royally p!ssed off to see that cat enjoying his bed and his food, and maybe he'll come home to defend his territory.

DD and I are heading out now to the Humane Society. When we were out looking for Thunder, we saw a note a couple of blocks over where someone was warning of "catnappers" in the neighbourhood. The author of the note said that their cat was picked up and taken far, far away.

So I called the HS and there were five cats turned in today. They asked me to get the note and bring it in so that they can have a copy of it. Normally, they just give you the area where each cat was brought in from, but now that I know we have catnappers I'm going to have to go in and check each cat.

Thanks all for the good wishes. I'm starting to suspect Crash; he's looking just a bit too content LOL.

07-05-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
40. "RE: No Thunder yet..."
Don't worry about Crash unless you go to clean the litter box and see Redrum spelled out in the soil.

Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime committment for a pig.

07-05-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
41. "RE: No Thunder yet..."
*snort*

Just back from Humane Society. No Thunder but lots of Thunder imposters.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
42. "RE: No Thunder yet..."
*hugs Frisky*

Cats have a way of turning up so keep faith!

07-05-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
43. "RE: No Thunder yet..."
as do babies. )p

Icey bounced my Dicey

07-05-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
44. "RE: No Thunder yet..."
Ummm... Monsty? Today is my date for your baby pool, so what the heck are you waiting for? Get started on doing those push-ups & whatnot!

07-06-05, 00:35 AM (EST)
45. "UPDATE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-05 AT 00:41 AM (EST)

The cat came back!!

It happened at midnight. I had just signed in to the bar, and was settling in to another night of wallowing in my beer with Arque and the gang.

10 minutes earlier, I put a fresh dish of food outside. I had been to a couple of homes to look at strays. People had seen my posters. Unfortunately, none of those babies was my Thunder, my Blunny-Blun-Blun.

So I was chatting with Arque, Flow, Mystie, Puffy and Deer and suddenly I disappeared. I disappeared because I heard a weird meowing at the front door. I looked over and there was Crash standing on his hind legs looking out and down towards the food dish.

So I got up, thinking I was going to have to shoo away the neighbour's cat.

I looked out, and there he was! Thunder! Looking up at me and licking his chops!

I took him straight to DD's room and set him beside her and woke her up. DD was so happy! Then I woke up DH, and that was a mistake, because now he's sitting here looking at me "that way."

Okay, so I went back to the bar and announced to everyone why I disappeared and we celebrated the night away!

Woohoo! OT has the best good wishes and good vibes! Thanks everyone!

ETA: Puffy

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
46. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Hooray! Good news to end the day.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-06-05, 00:41 AM (EST)
47. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Thats good to hear. I'm glad to hear Thunders back.

UL will always suck in my book!

07-06-05, 00:49 AM (EST)
48. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Best.News.Evah.

07-06-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
49. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
That is GREAT!

Handcrafted by RollDice

07-06-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
50. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
*hic* Besh.news.evah!

<---a/k/a arque

07-06-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
51. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
... ad infinitum

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
53. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Yay! I am so, so, so happy for you and DD!

A totally rockin' RollDdice design

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 02:34 AM (EST)
54. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Yay for Thunder! So glad for the Frisky family.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 06:50 AM (EST)
56. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
*big sigh of relief*

YAY! Great news!

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 07:04 AM (EST)
57. "Yay!"
I am so glad that Thunder is home safe and sound!
Maybe he won't be trying to escape any time soon.

Maybe he just needed a vacation.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 07:21 AM (EST)
58. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Woo and Hoo!!!
I'm glad Thunder made it home!

Where is Mr Potter when you need him?

07-06-05, 07:26 AM (EST)
59. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
*scritches* & *headbutts* to all the Friskies!

Except DH... pffft! Next time leave him sleeping!

07-06-05, 08:13 AM (EST)
65. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Leave him sleeping indeed!

I had to leave the party early because of him!

Thunder isn't talking. We put him under the hot lamps and interrogated him, and he will.not.budge. I guess what happens in the wilderness, stays in the wilderness.

Thunder has eaten well, beat the crap out of Crash (thrice), and slept. He's had a busy night!

Thanks again to everyone. OT is the greatest.

I've always had a great time in the bar, but last night was the best time ever. When I saw my kitty at the door looking up at me, I turned and looked at my laptop and almost yelled over to everyone that Thunder's home!

Yes, I'm demented.

07-06-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
68. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
I guess what happens in the wilderness, stays in the wilderness.

Unless a pretty pudgy gal fried shows up on your door in the next couple of weeks . . .

Icey bounced my Dicey

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
73. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
pretty pudgy gal fried

You eat cats? Wouldn't it be better for you to bake them instead of frying them?

Great news Frisky! Glad he is home and safe.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
61. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Yay! Now you have a 'how a cat returns home' story of your own to tell! Glad Thunder made it back home, and it makes you wonder what adventures Thunder had these last few days. Is Thunder telling?

"Timeless at lightspeed."

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
62. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Yippie! So glad to hear about Thunder coming back. I came right to OT this morning looking for that news!

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 08:08 AM (EST)
63. "YAY!!!!!!!"
Congratulations on the return of Thunder. Two questions. Has he put Crash in his place and taken back his position? And, how is Crash handling this? Is Thunder eyeing him suspisciously?

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

Okay, three questions.

07-06-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
67. "RE: YAY!!!!!!!"
See above.

We were finally able to have a good night's sleep last night, but we were awakened three times by the unmistakeable *thud* *thud* *thud* of Crash getting backflipped against the floor. Thunder has indeed reclaimed his territory! (or maybe he was suspcious)

Crash doesn't seem impressed. He's a second class citizen now that Thunder has returned and is getting all the attention. He has left his place at the top center of the sofa and returned to his post on the floor behind the end table. Poor Crash!

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-06-05, 08:19 AM (EST)
66. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
"But the cat came back the very next day
The cat came back he thought it was a gonner
But the cat came back
It just couldn't stay away!!!!!"

Woo hoo!!!

07-06-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
71. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
"So they put him in the meat grinder
When the butcher wasn't looking--
And the meat tasted furry fer a week.
But the cat came back, the very next day
The cat came back. They thought he was a goner
But the cat came back cause he couldn't stay away"

Great news.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
69. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Yay for Frisk. So glad to hear it. *kittysmooch*

when you love someone, you tend to see them as you want them to be, not as they are.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
70. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Great news.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
72. "RE: UPDATE!!!"
Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance!

*happy dancing for frisky*

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
52. "Whoo Hooo!"
Great News! Everyone have a tall cold one in celebration!!

Dagwood told me this afternoon that everything would be OK. Now I believe him. Now he's telling me to buy some of that $50 a bag cat food. Must obey Dagwood. Must obey Dagwood.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 05:42 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Whoo Hooo!"

At $50 a bag, you might as well give Dagwood some quality people food instead.

Yay for Thunder being home again, safe and sound!

Sigs by Bob! Like nuthin you've seen before!
Come swimming with me!

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 07:35 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Whoo Hooo!"
So glad to hear that Frisky. Great news.
Now you have your own “cat that came back” story to tell. Of course they are always better to tell after the fact. Going through it is no fun.

I’ll have a beer for you and one for Thunder (and one for DD and one for DH . . .) tonight.
6:30 AM is a little too early.

Even for me!

07-06-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
64. "RE: Whoo Hooo!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-05 AT 08:12 AM (EST)

6:30 AM is a little too early.

Pfffft! Texan!

I got Sliced!
I keed! I keed! I *heart* all our peeps from TX

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
75. "RE: Whoo Hooo!"
Well some Texans actually have jobs. And believe it or not, I wear shoes AND a shirt to go to work.

But no hat.

07-06-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
76. "RE: Whoo Hooo!"

So like, what, the pants are optional?

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-06-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
74. "Hooray!!!! RE: My cat ran away"

Doing the happy dance for you!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
77. "RE: Hooray!!!! RE: My cat ran away"
So glad! I think they do it just to get us in a tizzy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •