The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Have you seen the footage"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Have you seen the footage"
of the 19 yr old that was abducted from a Wal Mart parking lot? They have recovered her body roughly 300 miles away. She'd been shot to death. I cant imagine the grief her family is feeling.

Ladies (and gentlemen too) please, please, PLEASE teach your kids these rules and practice them yourselves. Who knows how this would have turned out if that poor girl had driven to the police station, or even caused an "accident"?

Keep your car in good mechanical condition to avoid breakdowns and allow you to react quickly if you find yourself in a bad situation.

Hold your keys in your hand as you approach your parked car. Don't wait until you reach the car to search for them in your purse. Experts say you're most vulnerable when you are getting into or out of your car.

Check the back seat before getting into the car, even if you left it with the doors locked.

Lock all doors and roll up the windows while you drive.

Keep the phone number of your AAA emergency road service in your car as well as in your purse.

Never pick up hitchhikers.

Sound the horn in potentially dangerous situations.

To help deter abductions in your own car, consider having it equipped with an alarm that goes off a few seconds after you enter the car unless you turn it off.

If your car becomes disabled, lock yourself in and turn on the fourway flashers until the police come.

Be wary of using a citizens' band radio to call for help. Calls are sometimes answered by people with the wrong motives. If you do use your CB radio, don't leave your car until a uniformed police officer arrives.

If you drive alone in the winter, keep emergency items such as a traction mat, a shovel and a bag of sand or kitty litter in your trunk. Flares, blankets, water, flashlight, canned food and a reflective "Help" sign are also useful.

If you have a flat tire in a dark or dangerous location, drive slowly to the nearest service station or public place. Even if you ruin the tire, you will not have risked your life.

Always park in a central, well-lighted place, preferably where there are attendants on duty or people passing by. Try to park so that you will approach the driver's side of the car when you return. You won't be surprised by someone who has crouched by the door.

Avoid short cuts that take you through unfamiliar or unsafe areas.

If you notice someone suspicious near your car, walk in a different direction toward a public place and seek help.

Beware of men in civilian clothes driving unmarked cars who show you what appears to be a police badge. Don't roll down your window or get out of the car. Instead, request that a marked police car be called.

If your car is rammed from behind and the hit seems to be deliberate, stay in the car with the doors locked. Wait for the police to arrive.

Most police experts do not recommend that you carry weapons in your car. Instead, they suggest that everyday items like flashlights, fingernail files, pens, keys and screwdrivers be used for protection.

If someone forces you to drive your car in an abduction, try to attract the attention of the police by turning off the lights, speeding, driving as if you were intoxicated, or running into something.

Never follow a stranger who offers to help you find your way on an unfamiliar road or street. Wait in your vehicle and ask for directions.

an ounce of prevention, folks.....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Have you seen the footage CantStandToLook 01-21-05 1
   no Esbea 01-21-05 4
       RE: no CantStandToLook 01-21-05 6
 RE: Have you seen the footage seahorse 01-21-05 2
 RE: Have you seen the footage Spidey 01-21-05 3
   RE: Have you seen the footage Esbea 01-21-05 5
       RE: Have you seen the footage Spidey 01-21-05 7
 RE: Have you seen the footage brvnkrz 01-21-05 8
 RE: Have you seen the footage MarleyCat 01-21-05 9
 RE: Have you seen the footage frisky 01-21-05 10
   RE: Have you seen the footage MandyM 01-21-05 13
       RE: Have you seen the footage motormouth 01-22-05 18
   RE: Have you seen the footage Esbea 01-22-05 19
 RE: Have you seen the footage DataShark 01-21-05 11
   RE: Have you seen the footage Gothmog 01-21-05 12
       No, not really. DataShark 01-21-05 14
           RE: No, not really. Gothmog 01-21-05 15
               Sorry, that's not me. DataShark 01-21-05 16
               RE: No, not really. anotherkim 01-21-05 17
 RE: Have you seen the footage angelworth29 01-22-05 20
 RE: Have you seen the footage Dakota 01-22-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
All great suggestions Esbea. I just saw that story on the news. Was that here in Georgia?? I didn't catch the location.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

01-21-05, 07:00 PM (EST)
4. "no"
It was in Texas.

Religion is for people afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have been there.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: no"
Thanks, I got confused because they also ran a piece on a kid that was found here that was abductd in florida I think by a child molester. Thank god he is alive and well.

"It's a retro WinterSlice sig"

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
Hopefully everyone will take time to learn these hints that could save their lives.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
Smooshes to Esbea for caring about us!

Good advice.

A Courthouse worker in my town diappeared the other day somewhere between the Courthouse and the parking garage a block away. My office? Across the street from the Courthouse. I? am frightened.

01-21-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
please tell me that no one is walking to their car alone.......

I care....sue me. Oh wait, youre a lawyer...you can. Never mind.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
We have our own lot behind our building, so I don't have to use the garage. But our new "rule" is a co-worker must watch you get into your car and drive away. I will make a point never to be the last one there.

I am hoping it turns out she ran off with her lover or something, but I doubt it.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
here are a couple of more tips. This email was just sent to me yesterday. I have cut out the ones that are repeating what is already in the thread.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body.

If you are close enough to use it, DO SO!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans.
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,

DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM.
Toss it away from you....
chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.
The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.

DON'T DO THIS!
The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, in the back seat and underneath the car.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.
If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.
(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN!
The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times;
And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP.
It may get you raped, or killed.
Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women.
He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-21-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
From the footage it appears she was parked quite far from the door to WalMart. When I worked in retail many years ago..they required employees to park at the far end of the parking lots to save the closer areas for customers. If you didn't comply you would get in quite a bit of trouble. I'm not sure if this is a WalMart policy as well.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 10:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
I remember hearing that if someone sticks a gun/knife/weapon in your face and order you into a car, you should always scream at the top of your lungs.

Whatever show I heard this on, they were saying that crime stats show that when someone wants to take you away in a car, they are taking you to the place where you will be killed.

Therefore, you should fight for your life right there at the point of abduction, which is likely a lot closer to other people than the place where they intend to take you.

Incessant whining.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-21-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
I have had nightmares about this and in my dream, my vocal chords are paralized.........I am trying so hard to scream, but no sound comes out! Anyone else have this nightmare?

MM It might be MY nightmare where my vocal chords are rendered useless, but I'm sure it is the fantasy of many others. Hmmmm.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-22-05, 00:02 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
Way too many times Mandy, it is one of the most frightening nightmares to have. (the other being that OT is down *shudder*)

*Courtesy of IceCat*

01-22-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
Great points Frisky. Obviously, its better not to get in the vehicle. The girl on the tape appeared to have been physically put in the truck. Seeing that tape makes me so sick, she was so much at his mercy. You can see her searching her purse for her keys as shes sprinting through the parking lot......

My feeling is that if someone forces me into a vehicle using a weapon (in a public place) isnt going to hesitate to kill me (in private place). While I may get injured for ignoring their driving instructions, driving erraticly, or causing an accident, it by far the better option. If youre the passenger, you can grab the steering wheel, knock the vehicle out of gear (easier if its a manual), try to exit the vehicle at traffic signals. Take notice of HOW to unlock your door! (manual or power) Look for weapons...most anything can be a weapon if your abductor is driving. Dont be scared of causing an accident! Again, chances are you will get less hurt in a crash than you will wherever they are taking you!

Religion is for people afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have been there.

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-21-05, 11:08 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
Great and timely post.

If you are ever personally threatened do not scream "Help" - In Times Square this usually means you're a tourist and have had your purse stolen. You won't get the attention you need. Instead yell "Fire".

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-21-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
I understand yelling "your fired" in NY also gets you some attention.

at least, that's what I see on TV

01-21-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
14. "No, not really."
The people I work for yell that at me all the time and it never gets my attention.

But it makes me very popular with security

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-21-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: No, not really."
So, you're the dude eating cereal in that commercial?

I admire your work

01-21-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
16. "Sorry, that's not me."
But I think it is loosely based on me. I mean look at the similarities:

- I have 2 eyes.
- I have sat in a chair behind a desk.
- I have eaten cereal that was crunchy.
- My actions have caused my boss to dance.
- When I ignore them my bosses get upset and walk away.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: No, not really."

that stupid commercial makes me laugh every.single.time. When that guy looks up at his boss and does the little arm motions? I lose it.

--I hate cereal though. Milk is nasty.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
This happened in my neck of the woods, and it is pretty scary to watch. I think this guy was in the marines at one point, but I could be mistaken. Did you see how quickly he got to her after she had reached her car?? I'm not sure what I would have done, but I'll be watching my back from now on.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Have you seen the footage"
One tip I heard: When you're opening the car door, do NOT click twice, opening the other doors. You don't want the passenger side door open for someone to jump in before you can get in and re-lock your doors.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •