The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ashmo 545 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-10-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Okay, I'm new to this whole posting thing, but I was talking to some people in the chat last night and they told me that they would love it if I posted something.....so here it goes.

Actually, I did have a question for everyone. What is your favorite reality tv show and why? The only one I ever watched in my life was The Love Cruise. Some people *cough* everyone keeps telling me that there are way better ones to watch than that one and the only thing I can think of is, "Yeah, that may be true, but where else can you see someone's eyes come out of there sockets like that?" If the eye-sockets hadn't of been popping out of Toni's sockets like that in every single comercial they aired for that show, I probably never would've watched it....little did I know I would have to wait until one of the last episodes to finally see it, but oh, well, I stil thought it was hilarious. Besides, I will know what I have to put up with when I'm on The Love Cruise: The 2nd Voyage....like that'll happen, but I can dream can't I?

So anyway, since a lot of you don't know me, I thought I would take up a little more of your time by telling you useless facts about my favorite person...me! Ummm....I live in Illinois and going to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and no, I haven't been to Chicago to stalk Mike(shakes) yet....can't do that until October when I get my license back. Yes, I lost my license for a year for speeding and getting caught twice. The speed limit will be good enough for me from now on, but for the next 8 months, I have to rely on my feet. Oh, well, you'd be amazed about how much weight you can lose when you don't have a car...trust me.

Well, this post is getting long enough so I will let you guys go to get on with your reality-tv-show-watching lives. So REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE so I have more stuff to message about...see ya all in chat maybe.

Ashmo

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 don't listen to them, believe in yo... shakes the clown 02-11-02 1
   I loved Love Cruise and there's not... Ashmo 02-11-02 3
   RE: don't listen to them, believe i... dabo 02-11-02 4
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... Ronnet 02-11-02 2
 Welcome! idiotcowboy 02-11-02 5
   I have fans! I will definately be ... Ashmo 02-11-02 6
       RE: I have fans! I will definately... samiam 02-11-02 17
           only 600 posts?? Ashmo 02-11-02 18
               RE: only 600 posts?? samiam 02-11-02 19
               RE: only 600 posts?? Ronnet 02-11-02 25
                   RE: only 600 posts?? Ashmo 02-11-02 26
                       RE: only 600 posts?? Ronnet 02-11-02 27
                           RE: only 600 posts?? true 02-11-02 28
                               RE: only 600 posts?? Ronnet 02-11-02 29
   RE: Welcome! true 02-11-02 14
       WelcOme! Ashmo 02-11-02 20
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... ItzLisa 02-11-02 7
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... Superman 02-11-02 8
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... moonbaby 02-11-02 9
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... Weems 02-11-02 10
   Yes, I am a girl. Ashmo 02-11-02 21
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... VampKira 02-11-02 11
 The Education of a Newbie NightScribe 02-11-02 12
   and another thing Weems 02-11-02 13
       RE: and another thing samiam 02-11-02 16
   Posting here is definately better t... Ashmo 02-11-02 22
       Sig pic for AshmO HawkEye 02-12-02 30
           OMG!! Thanks HawkEye Ashmo 02-12-02 31
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... L82LIFE 02-11-02 15
 RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... Drive My Car 02-11-02 23
   RE: Boredom has caused me to post..... true 02-11-02 24
 Hello, Ashmo! anotherkim 02-12-02 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-11-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
1. "don't listen to them, believe in yourself grasshopper"
he only
>one I ever watched in
>my life was The Love
>Cruise. Some people *cough*
>everyone keeps telling me that
>there are way better ones
>to watch than that one
>

...Ashmo, you have to learn to trust your instincts and believe in yourself in the face many evils in this world. Have the courage to stare in the faces of your tormentors and scream at the top of your lungs, "I loved Love Cruise and there's nothing you can do about it!!!" Sure, the editing was as jumbled as, well, as jumbled as Jumble and the end of the series was about as satisfying as having your country win a bronze medal in ice dancing, but that doesn't change the fact that Love Cruise was the greatest reality program since the first running of the News.

02-11-02, 00:58 AM (EST)
3. "I loved Love Cruise and there's nothing you can do about it!!!"
Yeah, people, I loved Love Cruise and since I have no other reality show to compare it to....IT'S THE BEST REALITY SHOW I'VE SEEN!!

Okay, anyways, I'm excited that Mike himself was the first to reply to my message.

So Mike, can I come stalk you when I get my license back in October?? Or you know what would be better is if you come and party at SIUC, how about it? (You should say yes even if you don't, that way we can fool everyone into thinking that you are coming here just to see me...how about it?)

Ashmo

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
4. "RE: don't listen to them, believe in yourself grasshopper"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-02 AT 01:04 AM (EST)

LOL!
Actually, I agree, Love Cruise was great fun to watch even though it was something (subject-matter-wise) I probably wouldn't have watched (hey, I'm a boomer, don't take that as any kind of dig against you young'uns having shows to attract your viewership) except to root for Mike. And hopefully they will repair the "shipwrecks" in the game itself to make it better in LC2. They should get a new host, though. I bet Mike would do it; hell, he'd probably reinvent hosting reality games, do it a la Rudy on Combat Missions with insightful commentary on the various contestants, but with that shakes wit, that is something I'd love to see.

Anyway, other than Love Cruise, I've watched Survivor (all three) which is still my favorite, and am watching Combat Missions. I tried watching a few others (The Mole 1, Big Brother 1 and 2, Lost) but they didn't grab me.

And welcome to Blows, Ashmo! Feel free to become a posting fool, it's not an uncommon thing around here.

GO OZZIES!

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-11-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Hey Ashmo - Welcome!

Go Jamaica!

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-02, 02:01 AM (EST)
5. "Welcome!"
Hi Ashmo!

Nice to see you posting, that wasn't that hard now was it

For those of you who did not get to meet Ashmo in chat the other night, well YOU MISSED OUT! She's a whole lot of fun to hang around with, so be nice to her and check the bar from time to time you never know who will show up there.

-ICB

02-11-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
6. "I have fans! I will definately be on Love Cruise 2 now! :)"
Thanks for the compliments cowboy and you are right, people do need to check the bar from time to time since no one is in any other chat besides that one anymore.

And no, starting to post wasn't that hard.....what is going to be hard, is STOPPING! I found it hard to come to an end on my first post and it's just so tempting to hit the reply button for every single post I have an opinion about....so something tells me I will eventually be a force to be reckoned with on these boards. Move over shakes, Ashmo's taken over.....muhahahah!!

Ashmo

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I have fans! I will definately be on Love Cruise 2 now! :)"
Heh. Ain't shakes you gotta worry about keeping up with, girlie. Check out the DAW's on posts #7 and #11. THOSE are the chicks you gotta keep up with!

Me, myself, I think I'm somewhere in the 600s. Which is pretty sad considering I've been posting nearly a year LOL

"And it's only the giving (smooches) that makes you what you are."

02-11-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
18. "only 600 posts??"
You've been here for a whole year and only have 644 posts? HOW DARE YOU!! You should know better than that. hahaha, just kidding...I just thought it was funny since you thought it was pretty sad that you ONLY had 600 posts. At least I know I'll be able to catch up to you faster than some other people....competition...I love it.

Ashmo

02-11-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: only 600 posts??"
*sigh* Yeah, apparently I'm just not desperate enough of an attention whore.

Oh, who am I kidding? I just bumped my own thresd so it'd have a little flamey thing beside it LOL

02-11-02, 05:14 PM (EST)
25. "RE: only 600 posts??"
>You've been here for a whole year and only have 644
>posts? HOW DARE YOU!! You should know better
>than that.

giggle - I've been here even longer than sami and I have even fewer post than she.

<wish we received DAWs for time in the bar>.

Ashmo - you go girl!!!

Go Jamaica!

02-11-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: only 600 posts??"
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! How do you think this affects the rest of us? Now go to your room and think about what you've done.

Ashmo

02-11-02, 06:58 PM (EST)
27. "RE: only 600 posts??"
>YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!
>How do you think this affects the rest of us?
>Now go to your room and think about what
>you've done.
>
>Ashmo

<me bad> I'm sorry....

Go Jamaica!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 08:23 PM (EST)
28. "RE: only 600 posts??"
Awwww, don't feel bad Roni, look who's here to cheer you up!

Isn't he cute!

true

02-11-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
29. "RE: only 600 posts??"
>Awwww, don't feel bad Roni, look
>who's here to cheer you up!
>
>

>
>Isn't he cute!

Ah - thank you true. I feel better now.

Go Jamaica!

02-11-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Welcome!"
>
>For those of you who did
>not get to meet Ashmo
>in chat the other night,
>well YOU MISSED OUT!
>She's a whole lot of
>fun to hang around with,
>so be nice to her
>and check the bar from
>time to time you never
>know who will show up
>there.

I am sO glad that I didn't miss Out On meeting AshmO! That was sOme fun night! *waves tO AshmO* HOpe to meet yOu again sOOn!

Miss Scarlet

02-11-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
20. "WelcOme!"
Yes, I was very glad tO meet true tOO. It was a very entertaining night and if yOu were there yOu wOuld knOw what the capital "O"s are about....and if yOu weren't there, I'll tell yOu what they are abOut nOw.

Apparentlly, nOOne that was in chat the Other night had seen the mOvie Office Space, because I tOld everyOne tO shOw me their "O" face and nOOne knew what I was talking abOut....sO if you dOn't knOw what I'm talking abOut either, then yOu seriOusly need tO gO rent that mOvie, especially if yOu have ever hated any jOb yOu've ever had. The "O" face is Only a small part Of the mOvie, but it's still wOrth seeing.

AshmO

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 06:51 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-02 AT 06:54 AM (EST)

Hey, Ashmo! Welcome to the boards! Sorry I missed you in chat, but I can't get into chat anymore since I switched my ISP - oh well!

Well, my favorite reality TV show has been, and probably always will be, good old Survivor! I've watched all three and can't wait for S4 to start (I'm pathetic, so sue me! LOL!!!)

As for Love Cruise, I watched it for one reason and one reason only - Shakes!!!!! Unfortunately, I missed the actual "eye popping" episode, after seeing it in the commercials so many times! I was away for the weekend, set the VCR to tape, and I must have set it wrong - I wound up with "Malcolm in the Middle" instead of Toni going off on Jeanette!!!

But Love Cruise was enjoyable to watch, even though I wouldn't have if Mike hadn't been on it! I basically thought it was pretty stupid, but I loved hollering at the TV set everytime Anthony or Toni opened their big fat stupid yaps and said something ridiculous, LOL!!!! So, it was fun in that respect!

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 07:06 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
*waves at Ashmo*

Hey Ash! I called Mike and he said it would be cool for you to stalk him. E-mail me and I'll give you his home address, ok?

*giggles and runs away*

Criminals From the Neck Up

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Ashmo!! OMG! Hi!! Long time no see! Haven't seen you around since LC ended-so glad you decided to finally post. Welcome to the boards and I'll see you in chat sometime

Weems 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Ashmo is a girl? Pardon my manners Ashmo. Allow me to welcome you to the boards and introduce myself, I am Weems.
Please feel free to stalk me at your discretion.

02-11-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
21. "Yes, I am a girl."
I am a girl just to let everyone know....my name is Ashlee and someone I used to work with used to call me Ashmo.... that's how I got the nickname....little did I know that most people would think I was a guy by using it here, but now you know so it's not a problem.

So guys, feel free to hit on me,

Ashmo

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-11-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"

Welcome to the Dark Side, Ash..... just remember to take your vitamins... you'll need them.

BTW: What blood type are you?

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-11-02, 02:52 PM (EST)
12. "The Education of a Newbie"
Ashmo,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am NightScribe, but most people just call me Scribe. Welcome to SB and specifically, OT. As a fellow college student, I felt you would appreciate the following "advice". Ready?

1. Once you start posting on SB, you can't stop. People have tried to go "cold turkey" but the results were disastrous. I note my own "hiatus" and Tinks as well as exhibit A.

2. Whether you want to or not, have time or not, you will probably post more than you will do your homework. BEWARE OF THIS!!!

3. You will find yourself refering to people as "peeps" and you will further have to distinguish SB from IRL (real life). I myself am tempted on a daily basis to tell people "BRB". Be careful not to sign checks or other important documents "Ashmo".

4. Your DAW is low, and you will be tempted to post constantly until you are over 100. Using those posts to tell people how much you like them is a good way to do this. I think you're off to a good start with your wish to stalk Shakes, but there are others here too who would love it if you praise them. There's a cat around here that might even get you a sig pic if you pet him nicely.

5. Finally, and I cannot overstate this enough, there is a vacuum, nay, a vortex if you will of incredibly interesting things to read around here. Check out the Cornertimes and get to know posters better. Read our stories and praise them to the nines on the Winter Story Contest forum. Hell, if you want a good belly laugh, head over to Blowsvivor for some madness.

Welcome!

p.s. watch out for the vampire -- she loves fresh blood.

Weems 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
13. "and another thing"
Ashmo, I loved your show that used to be on that WB station. You are one of the funniest black girl comedians out there and you're very pretty too. I wish they hadn't cancelled your show.

Wait a minute. I must be thinking of MOESHA. Never mind.

>Silvergirl
Alien life form following Weems on the boards

02-11-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: and another thing"
Oh, that brings back memories of my younger days...going to concerts and dancing in the Moesha pits...

oh, wait. never mind. *grin*

*waves to Ashmo* howdy, gal!

02-11-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
22. "Posting here is definately better than homework."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-02 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Thanks for the advice, Scribe.

I don't really want to pet anyone, but I do want a pic as a signature so I can be "unique just like everyone else." So ummmm....anyone out there wanna make me one? Let me know, peeps.

On yet another note, I'm so proud to see that my topic is flaming now.....I'm so popular.

Ashmo

HawkEye 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-12-02, 01:01 AM (EST)
30. "Sig pic for AshmO"
> I don't really want to pet anyone

Good idea you never know where the people round here have been.

Tell you what, stick with me and everything will be ok

Nothing can hide from the eye of a HAWK, especially a cute new girl!!!
*waves* at Ms. White

02-12-02, 01:18 AM (EST)
31. "OMG!! Thanks HawkEye"
HawkEye....that is so cool......thanks.....now for the test.

Awwwww........perfect.....

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Hi Ashmo-
Nice to have you posting. As for the reality shows, try watching Amazing Race. I've watched some of Survivor, but it got boring at times. AR usually kept a pretty good pace and was fun to watch. See ya around.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-02 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

Welcome Ashmo, nice to have you with us.

I am glad the Bar peeps are doing the Welcome Wagon thing. Nothing like a warm hello when you are a Rookie poster.

Scribe????? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( somebody gag the West Coast Chick, she is telling ALL the secrets again *wink*)

Oh and just so you know, if for any reason the Clown suddenly gets the urge to make Balloon animals, They are MINE!!! ( hehehehe)

>

EBug

02-11-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Boredom has caused me to post....alert the media!"
Oh and just so you know, if for any reason the Clown suddenly gets the urge to make Balloon animals, They are MINE!!! ( hehehehe)

Neener, neener, neener! Look what I've got!

true

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-02, 03:06 PM (EST)
32. "Hello, Ashmo!"
Hope you are loving SB--it is so addictive. I have been almost in pain trying to get my freaking computer to work so that I can catch up on all the posts. I can't get to chat anymore and that just flat out sucks. Always interesting there.

As for reality shows--I am a sad, sad Survivor addict. I really liked the Amazing Race, too.

Watch out, once that DAW level gets higher, you will find yourself needing a major fix. Plus you have to show off your sig pics .

Smooches, peeps!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •