The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Friday Funny"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Friday Funny"
Here. A father’s message to his children, written in a biblical fashion. A long piece, but if you read it all you’ll be treated to gems like these:

Of the beasts of the field, and of the fishes of the sea, and of all foods that are acceptable in my sight you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the hoofed animals, broiled or ground into burgers, you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the cloven-hoofed animal, plain or with cheese, you may eat, but not in the living room. Of the cereal grains, of the corn and of the wheat and of the oats, and of all the cereals that are of bright color and unknown provenance you may eat, but not in the living room.

and:

For we judge between the plate that is unclean and the plate that is clean, saying first, if the plate is clean, then you shall have dessert. But of the unclean plate, the laws are these: If you have eaten most of your meat, and two bites of your peas with each bite consisting of not less than three peas each, or in total six peas, eaten where I can see, and you have also eaten enough of your potatoes to fill two forks, both forkfuls eaten where I can see, then you shall have dessert. But if you eat a lesser number of peas, and yet you eat the potatoes, still you shall not have dessert; and if you eat the peas, yet leave the potatoes uneaten, you shall not have dessert, no, not even a small portion thereof. And if you try to deceive by moving the potatoes or peas around with a fork, that it may appear you have eaten what you have not, you will fall into iniquity. And I will know, and you shall have no dessert.

and:

Likewise if you receive a portion of fish from which every piece of herbal seasoning has not been scraped off, and the herbal seasoning is loathsome to you, and steeped in vileness, again I say, refrain from screaming. Though the vileness overwhelm you, and cause you a faint unto death, make not that sound from within your throat, neither cover your face, nor press your fingers to your nose. For even now I have made the fish as it should be; behold, I eat of it myself, yet do not die.

and:

And though the law teaches that no one shall be sent to the corner for more minutes than he has years of age, yet I would leave you there all day, so mighty am I in anger. But upon being sent to the corner you ask straightaway, "Can I come out?" and I reply, "No, you may not come out." And again you ask, and again I give the same reply. But when you ask again a third time, then you may come out.

and possibly my favorite:

Leave the cat alone, for what has the cat done, that you should so afflict it with tape? And hum not that humming in your nose as I read, nor stand between the light and the book. Indeed, you will drive me to madness. Nor forget what I said about the tape.

Link via Tiny Revolution.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What a great find! moonbaby 08-20-04 1
   RE: What a great find! PagongRatEater 08-20-04 2
 RE: Friday Funny zombiebaby 08-20-04 3
 RE: Friday Funny AugustGirl 08-20-04 4
   RE: Friday Funny ginger 08-20-04 5
 RE: Friday Funny Sagebrush Dan 08-20-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
1. "What a great find!"
He speaketh truth. And yea I go unto the email addresses of friends who parent to spread the word.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
2. "RE: What a great find!"
Yea verily go forth and spread the Good Word.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Friday Funny"
This was really funny! I passed it along to DH.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

I liked the cat part too!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Friday Funny"
I think my father wrote this. Especially that part about the fish steeped in vileness. Ewwwwwwwwww.

Very funny!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Friday Funny"
Excellent.

Much snappier than my grandma's "You don't have to like it, but you do have to eat it."

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Friday Funny"
Likewise if you receive a portion of fish from which every piece of herbal seasoning has not been scraped off, and the herbal seasoning is loathsome to you, and steeped in vileness, again I say, refrain from screaming. Though the vileness overwhelm you, and cause you a faint unto death, make not that sound from within your throat, neither cover your face, nor press your fingers to your nose.

I hath nightmares about those vile fish of which thou doth speaketh. Many the time of yore when I hadst no choice whither but to partake of such vile stench. *shuddereth*

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •