The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
I got my People magazine today. A reality TV cover with no Survior pictures? Donald Trump in the upper left corner URG. I don't want to see his face! Other pics were alright, Nick and Jessica, Jesse, Simon and Paula.

Good article. Has anyone read it? What did you think?

I knew they couldn't do all the stuff in one day on Queer Eye!

Stunt doubles used on S2 of Survivor to get the right camera angles? I hadn't heard that one.

The Bachelor uses alcohol to get the girls to open up? That's not a surprise.

The recap clips at the end of the AI telecast are from rehearsals? Read that one in TV Guide a month ago.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... shedevil 05-08-04 1
   RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... rjrabbit 05-08-04 2
       RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... shedevil 05-08-04 3
 RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... Lost Scottsman 05-09-04 4
   RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... deerhunter 05-09-04 5
       RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... rjrabbit 05-09-04 6
           RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... deerhunter 05-09-04 8
               RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... rjrabbit 05-09-04 13
                   RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... deerhunter 05-09-04 14
       RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... Lost Scottsman 05-09-04 7
           RE: People Mag. article - Reality T... deerhunter 05-09-04 9
 What's real: Tiggertramp 05-09-04 10
   RE: What's real: Lost Scottsman 05-09-04 11
       RE: What's real: deerhunter 05-09-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
1. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
I posted that at the A.I. forum earlier, it was pretty interesting reading. I think that a lot more happens at A.I., like with the voting. What do you think?

05-08-04, 09:34 PM (EST)
2. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
Well, in the article they insist that the voting is on the "up-and-up". I think if they could do something about the vote, Jennifer would still be in the competition!

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-04, 09:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
You might be right but on the other hand, a lot of people think they have planned this season around Latoya the big secret that got let out of the bag. Who knows?

Lost Scottsman 407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-09-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-04 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

I don't have any doubt that there are rehersals, re-takes, etc. It's all entertainment and it's all about ratings. THe editing is just great.

How many times have we watched Survivor and from what we are shown we are just SURE that so and so is going home, or it will be a spilt vote and then the votes are read and it's a landslide for someone we weren't expecting. When Big Tom got voted out, the editing made us sure that Rob, Amber and Big Tom would vote for Jenna and that Rupert and Jenna were going to try to swing Big Tom to vote for Amber. Surprise, every vote for Big Tom. I am glad tonight is the last of it.

I am glad that SB OT gives us a place to play but I am not a fan of "reality TV". I've got some prime ocean front property in Tulsa for all those who believe reality TV is "real".

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
I've got some prime
ocean front property in Tulsa
for all those who believe
reality TV is "real".

How much you asking for that property?

Always wanted Ocean Front property! HEHE!

05-09-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
6. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
*smooches* deer.
Missed you last night. Did you have a hot date?

05-09-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
*smooch* Rabbit! No date. Helped a buddy go get a pickup truck from his brother. Then just sat around with him and his wife watching movies.

Boring huh?

05-09-04, 07:54 PM (EST)
13. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
Not to me. I love getting together with friends. You're a good friend to help your buddy with the truck.

05-09-04, 09:49 PM (EST)
14. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
I meant boring as, I didn't go partying, didn't participate in O.I.! I usually spend most of my time with my friend and his wife. We've been friends for 20 years. He's helping me rebuild 1 of my cars. We always help each other and never ask for money or Paybacks. He's a TRUE friend!

Did you get a chance to get in your hot-tub? Hope so.

05-09-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
For you my friend a special deal, I'll trade ya for a bridage in NY.

05-09-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: People Mag. article - Reality TV What's real? What's fake?"
Sounds good to me!

When do you want to sign the papers?

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
10. "What's real:"
That we get hooked and watch every freaking minute they spew out for our brains to numb faster. AND that the production costs are so much cheaper than that of oh, let's say 'Friends' where the stars were making a million a freaking episode so they make a mint.

What's fake: The staging, the whole show itself, the peeps are real, not actors, although I bet some are hired to create drama, or intentionally cast to create it and hey, it's still cheap! And you can "create" scenes to create your drama. i.e. no TV just plenty of alcohol for the bachelorettes. Nothing else to do but get wasted and be stupid for the camera.

And there is the almighty POWERFUL editting to emote whatever feeling they want to from the audience. To get, again...survey says....'higher ratings' for what?? NOTHING!!!

We the American public are dumbing down and our television clearly reflects that.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

05-09-04, 04:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What's real:"
We the American public are dumbing down and our television clearly reflects that.

Is TV changing to meet the mind set of the American Public or is the American Public being "dumbed down" by the tripe they push on us from the all powerful tube?

We sit at home and scan channels. Even with cable there is very little worth watching on the tube. If I am in control of the remote we watch History, National Geographic, Discovery, or HGTV channel. Sometimes AMC or Bravo. Basically TV is a vast wasteland for us to sit down, turn on the tube and turn off our minds and do as we are told.

Ted Turner? weilds WAY too much power over the American Public. "Here watch this movie for the umpteenth time and by these products." Just say no to lame television programming...

05-09-04, 05:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What's real:"
But you are gonna watch Survivor aren't you? HEHE! I agree that reality TV is not reality.

Know anyone interested in a Hotel in Marvin's Gardens? I'd be willing to trade for something else.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •