The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
""Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
NBC'S NEW COMEDIES OPEN WITH A DOMINANT PERFORMANCE IN THE 8-9 P.M. HOUR, WINNING BY A COMMANDING 39 PERCENT MARGIN IN 18-49, 66 PERCENT IN HOUSEHOLDS AND 71 PERCENT IN TOTAL VIEWERS

AT 10 P.M., 'LAW & ORDER: SVU' CONTINUES TO RULE OVER ITS SCHEDULED FALL COMPETITION

LAST NIGHT'S POWERFUL LAUNCHES EXTEND THE IMPRESSIVE MOMENTUM OF THIS SUMMER'S DOMINANT NETWORK IN 18-49

BURBANK, Calif. -- September 10, 2003 -- NBC has generated excellent viewer sampling with the premieres of its two new Tuesday comedies "Whoopi" and "Happy Family," with the official Sept. 9 results showing solid increases over preliminary figures released earlier in the day. "Whoopi" and "Happy Family" have won their time slots in virtually all key categories, with commanding margins of victory of 39 percent among adults 18-49, 66 percent in households and 71 percent in overall total viewers.

Last night's powerful premieres build on the impressive ratings momentum NBC has maintained throughout this summer. The Peacock has won all 15 weeks since Memorial Day in 18-49 (including a tie) and placed several first-run series near the top of the summer list in 18-49 (including "For Love or Money 1," #1 for the summer; "For Love or Money 2," #3; "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?," tied for #5; "Meet My Folks," tied for #10; and "The Restaurant," tied for #14).

According to updated in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, the 8-8:31 p.m. ET premiere of "Whoopi" (4.9 rating, 16 share among adults 18-49, 15.1 million viewers overall) achieved NBC's highest 18-49 rating in the time period with regular programming since Oct. 24, 2000, and the highest overall viewer total since Jan. 20, 1998.

From 8:31-9:02 p.m. ET, the debut of "Happy Family" (5.1/15 in 18-49, 14.7 million viewers overall) built by 4 percent on its hot lead-in from "Whoopi." "Happy Family" grabbed NBC's highest 18-49 rating in the time period with regular programming since March 5, 2002, and highest overall viewer total since Feb. 26. 2002.

Both "Whoopi" and "Happy Family" particularly excelled among women 25-54, with a 7.2 rating for "Whoopi" and a 7.3 for "Happy Family." NBC won the hour by a dominant 49 percent margin in this valuable category.

From 9:02-9:32 p.m. ET, "Frasier" (3.1/8 in 18-49, 9.0 million viewers overall with an encore telecast) took advantage of its lead-in from NBC's superb premieres and jumped 35 percent above its 18-49 performance of the previous week, when "Frasier" returned to the Tuesday schedule with a 2.3/6. From 9:32-10 p.m. ET, "Good Morning, Miami" (2.2/6 in 18-49, 5.9 million viewers overall) retained a solid 71 percent of its 18-49 lead-in from "Frasier."

From 10-11 p.m. ET, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (3.5/10 in 18-49, 10.0 million viewers overall) scored its second-highest 18-49 rating to date in its new Tuesday time period. "SVU" dominated its scheduled fall competition of ABC's "NYPD Blue" and CBS' "Judging Amy," winning in virtually all key categories and amassing a towering 75 percent margin of victory in 18-49.

Prime-time updated 18-49 averages for last night are: NBC, 3.7/11; Fox, 3.2/9; CBS, 2.8/8; ABC, 2.5/7; WB, 1.1/3; UPN, 1.0/3. In total viewers, Sept. 9 updated averages are: NBC, 10.9 million; Fox, 7.0 million; CBS, 7.0 million; ABC, 6.4 million; WB, 2.5 million; UPN, 2.4 million.

In local-market late-night results, "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" (5.1 rating, 13 share in metered-market households) dominated CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" (3.0/8 in metered-market households) and ABC's "Nightline" (3.0/7 in metered-market households) and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (1.1/4 in metered-market households). At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" (2.3/9 in metered-market households with an encore telecast) ruled over its first-run competition of CBS' "Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn" (1.4/5 in metered-market households) and the second half of "Kimmel."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick ... wildchickenhunter 09-11-03 1
 RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick ... sticks 09-11-03 2
 RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick ... Loree 10-02-03 3
 RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick ... ashleybfogg 10-02-03 4
 whoopi cqvenus 10-06-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-11-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
1. "RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
I watched both....I will reserve judgement for a few more weeks though.
Whoooooopie - basic set up is she is an ex-singer who had one hit. She owns a small hotel in New York. She has a cast of weird people around her. Spends lots of time making fun of others.

Happy Family - About disfunctional family. Dad is dentist and ready to be rid of the children. Mom is still obsessed with her(babies)adult children. Oldest son was the good one who now can't decide who to marry his girl friend or mistress. Daughter(middle) is single without prospects and hangs out with parents all the time. Youngest is a slacker who is poking the elderly neighbor.....My be funny, but has a ways to go!

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
2. "RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
That's because there is nothing else on TV on Wednesday nights.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-03, 03:39 PM (EST)
3. "RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
I couldn't even get thru the first episode of Whoopi. It was dreadful.

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-02-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
4. "RE: "Whoopi" & "Happy Family" kick off the fall season strongly"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-03 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

I checked 'em out the first week, Whoopie was funny, but too much of it is over the top, especially the brother's girlfriend. And while I love Whoopie herself, it just seemed too 'formula fake'. Same for the other one.
But now the seasons fully on, Tuesdays got Gilmore Girls at 8 and back to nbc for Frasier, and over to CBS for Judging Amy.

Law and Order leaves me cold - same ol, same ol (love Sam Waterston), but I just never could get into any of those shows Yawn.

Wednesdays a full night of joy with Ed & The West Wing, too bad the WB screwed with Smallville and Angel - 2 hrs, 4 shows - a rare conflict.

Same for friday, sort of - I'd probably watch Miss Match and Joan of Arcadia, but Joan wins out...
still, it's nice to have something to watch on fridays.

anybody know if they're going to do Boarding House North Shore again?
I really liked that one...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 08:55 PM (EST)
5. "whoopi"
my cousin is first assistant director

i hope it works out for him

good luck!

- doesn't know what these ratings ppl are smoking b/c everyone's said the show was crap

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •