The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editing?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

NorthShoreJane 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editing?"
While everyone seems so disappointed in the outcome of last night's finale, we have to remember that our perceptions (and thus our Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates) about Kelly Jo and Estella were completely and 100% manipulated by ABC. In the interest of media hype and ratings, both which ultimately mean beaucoup advertising $$$, ABC *edited* the show accordingly. Just think... had Bob actually picked Kelly Jo, does anyone think we would have seen the footage that we saw??? They (ABC) set us up with the "hook" that we will tune in every week... and we do! Remember Estella & Bob's Las Vegas date? They showed us the absolute worst clips possible of that evening so that when he picked her in the rose ceremony, people went... WHAT??? I guess I am bummed out that we (the public) did not get to equitably see both relationships develop. I've read all the postings with people slamming on Bob for his "15 minutes of fame, etc." I think the only real "whore" in all of this is ABC.

I actually feel badly for Estella and Bob. Estella especially as the show was strategically edited to have people not root for her. Oh well... hopefully there will be out-takes tonight on the show (like for Andrew & Jen) which show us more insight into Bob & Estella's relationship.

Thoughts?

Jane

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Editing? mcjesq 11-20-03 1
 RE: Editing? Poncho 11-20-03 2
   RE: Editing? escapedude 11-20-03 3
       RE: Editing? Wacko Jacko 11-20-03 4
 RE: Editing? CyberCooties 11-21-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mcjesq 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Editing?"
You are absolutely correct about the manipulation. ABC did their job and got the ratings. I was one of those who thought KJ and Bob were so well suited and that he and Estella had nothing in common. I did get a little suspicious (admittedly not until the final show, however) when they kept showing clips of KJ being so absolutely certain that Bob was going to pick her--I just kept thinking that they were trying to psych the viewers out, but I didn't want to believe that because of the footage we have seen of KJ and Bob. I do hope Bob and Estella fare better then Alex and Amanda, Aaron and Helene...

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-20-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Editing?"
I am completely with you NorthShoreJane. Even though I really don't like Estella (because of her voice and she looks like a walking skeleton) I don't think the editing did their relationship any justice. I hate the way they edit these shows. I hope to see some good out-takes on the show tonight. I don't feel bad for Bob one bit though, he made me sick the whole time with all that smootching!

Poncho

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-20-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Editing?"
I would love to see what gets left on the editing room floor!! ABC picks and chooses what they want you to see and it makes for better ratings...If we all knew who he was basically going to pick all along people wouldnt be as interested as when we get "surpised" ..
That date in Vegas with EST was im sure edited to show only the MOST dramatic moments which were negative ..The left out the whole rest of the day which im sure went very well for them..Hell they were in sin city ..

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-20-03, 04:43 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Editing?"
Oh yeah. The editing for this show sucked.

Even bob's response to the host right before the rose ceremony sounded as if he was talking about KJ. It's like they put words in his mouth or something to make it sound as if KJ was picked. they showed him smile after KJ's video take but was stone cold during Estellas.

Another prime example is at every rose ceremony Bob gave the first rose to KJ. Estella was always one of the last. I bet that the producers although not knowing who Bob would pick in the end did this to increase the drama of the show - "Bob first you give a rose to this girl....then this one....then this one". KJ given the first rose was edited from the start to be a favorite.

Estella and Bob had to have better moments on there dates then what was shown.

Bob is partially to blame though. He said things after each date that indicated he mad up his mind. It was funny too how at the final rose ceremony he was really cold and brief with KJ - the worst let down speech yet.

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-21-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Editing?"
I wonder what it's like to date the editor?

Ew! CyberCooties!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •