The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I *heart* Cirie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-08, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I *heart* Cirie"
Me starting a Fanatics thread. Yes, this is a sign of the apocalpyse.

Shout out to my girl Cirie! My biggest worry about an half-a$$ season was that it would be boring watching folks play the same game over again. I was worried we'd have a repeat of All-Stars, where folks would be too busy trying to look out for their friends to play the game. Thank you, Cirie, for showing me that will not be the case this year.

How many times have we watched the person on the outside of the major alliance(s) roll over and accept their fate? We'd screamed at the TV "DO SOMETHING!!!!" Well, she did. She ended up getting the exact boot she wanted. She decided that person was a threat to her, and she orchestrated his demise.

Is she playing the same quiet, hide behind other people game she did the last time? Nope. She's right there in the middle of things mixing it up.

She's not going to make some bonehead move in the game because she doesn't want to lose a friend (she might make one for other reasons, but not that one). Good for her for shaking things up. She took a risk by playing both alliances, and it may come back to bite her at some point, but at least she's trying to play the game. I'm sorry it had to be at Yau Man's expense, but at least she's trying to play the game instead of fading into the background.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I *heart* Cirie michel 02-22-08 1
   RE: I *heart* Cirie nazpink 03-11-08 9
 RE: I *heart* Cirie Cyndimaus 02-22-08 2
   RE: I *heart* Cirie bdemoney 02-22-08 3
   RE: I *heart* Cirie nailbone 02-22-08 4
 RE: I *heart* Cirie Max Headroom 02-22-08 5
 RE: I *heart* Cirie MattyMax 03-10-08 6
   RE: I *heart* Cirie Aruba 03-11-08 7
       RE: I *heart* Cirie MattyMax 03-11-08 8
           RE: I *heart* Cirie Aruba 03-12-08 11
       RE: I *heart* Cirie garcor 03-12-08 10
 RE: I *heart* Cirie suzzee 03-12-08 12
   RE: I *heart* Cirie aquariaqueen 04-18-08 14
 RE: I *heart* Cirie MattyMax 04-18-08 13
   RE: I *heart* Cirie toddE 04-18-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
I have to agree with you, it was a great move on her part. Not only was Yau a threat but he was taking her job around camp.

I've always wondered about this question:

"Is she playing the same quiet, hide behind other people game she did the last time?"

Remember the BobDawg boot? The credit, or the blame whichever way you look at it, was given to Danielle but I wonder how much was really Cirie's doing. When Shane backed out and the vote to evict Bobby had to be split, I think Cirie had to intervene to show Danielle it could still be done. Splitting the votes is Cirie's specialty as we saw in Courtney, Shane's and now Yau's evictions.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-11-08, 11:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
I'm not a big Cirie fan, I don't know why but I just can't gather up enough desire to board that train. However, I still think Cirie deserves credit. During her season she did come off as being "behind the scenes" but I also think she is the reason her tribe stuck together. Cirie really did seem to be the link between Courtney/Danielle and Aras/Shane, which was no small deal as those folks were missing a few screws.

This season Cirie did a good job at placing herself in an alliance and getting what she wanted. However, I think Tracy may have been a Cirie fan and could probably take her place real quick. Cirie did do a good job of convincing Ozzy on why they should keep weak Chet over Joel, but being that this is her second go at the game and the fact that she has pull she may want to show less of her cards for now.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-08, 02:08 PM (EST)
2. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
But I was thinking. Yes, she made a great move this time. But now the numbers are three in the Jonathon alliance and four + Cirie in the other alliance. She isn't actually needed for the numbers anymore. They have superior numbers without her. So isn't she vulnerable now? It appeared that she was somewhat annoying to the couples alliance and that they just needed her for the numbers. Will they dump her now since they don't technically need her?

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-08, 02:13 PM (EST)
3. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Will they dump her now since they don't technically need her?

My hubby and wondered the same thing last night. By pushing her choice so much she may have bothered some of her "alliance" members and they may actually oust her soon now that they no longer need her for a majority vote.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-08, 02:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Not if they're smart. They should use her until ALL of the others are gone. Then there's no worries about unforeseen immunity, etc. Plus, an alliance of 5 will work better after a merge as well.

And it'd be better for Cirie to stick with the couples until the others are gone, then connect with one of the couples to take out the other.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-08, 02:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
While I agree that Cirie made a smart game choice by choosing to vote with the couples alliance, I disagree with how she handled the situation. I realize we get edited footage, but there was an awful lot of unnecessary drama shown, and entirely too much waffling going on. She could've accomplished the same goal much more quietly, in the process setting herself up for future success, by just listening to everyone and committing only to the group which would end up getting her vote.

Arguing with Jonathan at Tribal Council wasn't her best move either. While Jonathan was being pushy and argumentative to her, she could've just used her well-known nervous giggle and blown him off. Making a scene like she did can only hurt her in the long run-- I think she's got some fence-mending to do after that ugliness. The risk of her being targeted as a "boot the obnoxious one when we no longer need her vote" just went up.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-08, 01:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Wow I love Cirie a whole lot.

What a slick move voting out Joel! It wasn't 'what's best for the tribe', but it was what was best for her!

She's aware of what's going on, always.
She knows exactly what to say to people.

She's really good at the Social game of survivor. We've seen hundreds of people play this game. We've seen schemers, amazing athletes, power plays, pagongs. But Cirie is really on the top of the heap when it comes to the manipulation of the other competitors.

Let me continue on my Cirie love for just another moment:
Remember the first episode of her first season, when she was on the Old Women tribe and lost the first challenge. Cirie was a fish out of water. She has no camping experience - Her famous quote from that episode was 'I don't like leaves'. She was the obvious first target. However, she flipped two of her tribemates against the 'weird' survivalist/lumberjack lady.

The only bad thing I have to say about Cirie is that because of her, Chet is still in the game for another week. Or more. Which is ridiculous. But, it is a good strategy for her. If they want to vote out the weak, make sure there are some weaker people on your tribe.

MM

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 05:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
I remember the first episode of her first season and don't recall her "flipping" anyone.

Cirie and Melinda "bonded" because they were weak, pathetic, inept "Survivors" both of whom epitomized the Anti-Darwin Syndrome. It was a classic case of the weak ganging up on the strong (Tina). Those two weaklings were not going to budge from implementing this Syndrome.

This put Ruth Marie in a bind. If she does not vote with Melinda/Cirie they have a 2-2 tie. Because no individual had immunity at that initial TC, a 2-2 tie would have resulted in the two involved in the tie (Tina & Cirie) being exempt and leaving Ruth Marie and Melina to draw stones where one of the two be eliminated in that manner at the first TC. NO WAY Ruth Marie would want to potentially end her game that early that way.

Once again we had vintage Cirie...the situation(s) created an opportunity that she took full advantage of.

As for this season, it's not because of Cirie that Chet's still in the game; it's because of Tracy that Chet's still in the game.

03-11-08, 10:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
From CBS:

>>DECISIONS, DECISIONS
Back at camp, the Older Women have the unenviable task of deciding who is to be voted off. Isolating herself from the group, Tina wanders off in tears as the loss brings back memories of her son. "I lost my son in a car accident, and I miss him," she tearfully reveals.
As Cirie and Ruth Marie trek to the water hole, feeling vulnerable, Cirie hatches a plan to save herself: "I don't want to say I am gunning for anyone, but I am going to try to get rid of the lumberjack lady." Cirie's plan gets complicated when Tina returns to camp with a huge fish. "There are a hundred reasons to keep Tina. She is a workhorse; she caught a fish today. I do think Cirie is the weak link right now," divulges Melinda. However, in the end, compatibility overpowers capability as Cirie gets her wish at Tribal Council, where the tribe votes Tina out in a 3-1 decision.

Totally Heart Cirie

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-08, 09:21 AM (EST)
11. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Sure Melinda knew Cirie was the weak link. If Cirie gets voted out at the first TC who becomes the weak link on the tribe then? - MELINDA. Should that tribe head back to TC again, who would get voted out? - MELINDA.

Not a whole lot of brain power involved on Melinda's part...she had to vote with Cirie against the strongest tribe member. Which forced Ruth Marie's hand as explained prior.

I'm not knocking Cirie on this thread...she knows how to take advantage of situations that drop in front of her. More than you can say for about 80% of the other castaways that get selected.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-12-08, 05:46 AM (EST)
10. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Because of Tracy and that rocket scientist Joel.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-08, 10:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
OK, I have had a change of heart for Cirie since last time. I actually cringed thinking I would have to watch another season of her yukking it up. I do like her this time around and at least my co-workers don't have to hear me screeching at my computer like I did last time. I do like her. What's so different about her this time? Is it her play or the edit.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-18-08, 06:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
I think the edit. She plays a very social game, but puts ideas into people's heads...this time she's a little more out there, or we see the process more.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

04-18-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
13. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Resurrecting the thread!

Cirie doing what she does.

Watching for opportunities, aligning votes, scheming...

I *Heart* cirie because she lays low when there's a lot of drama, "anyone but me". But on those boring, almost pre-determined votes, she knows people are not scheming and she strikes!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-18-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: I *heart* Cirie"
Wasn't a fan of her until now. Same with Parvati. Love when these surprises happen and control keeps shifting.

Pearl Islands, Amazon and Marquesas are my favorite seasons, because no one group controlled the whole game. This season is actually becoming pretty good as well. We'll see.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •