The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A different Amanda"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-08, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A different Amanda"
I have been reading all these posts recently, even in the BASHER section, which normally, I don't have enough time...but this year, I am enjoying the show alot. I do enjoy having the FAVs back and I do think that Amanda and Ozzy are pretty cute together...But you all here...seem to not be as entertained this season with Amanda as you all were last season.

Some things to keep in mind (I may be wrong on this) but wasn't she filming this season, before the last season finale? So, she is remembering those final words from PG and all, I'm sure. She is playing a different game and it has to be, because each time she says anything, she could be saying something like...'hey I could be the winner of China'...

I think she should be a little higher on everyones love list, because I think she is doing a great job to not offend anyone and pull her weight and be adorable.

Just my thoughts. I'm a sucker for romance!

Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A different Amanda michel 03-05-08 1
   RE: A different Amanda garcor 03-07-08 2
       RE: A different Amanda Wacko Jacko 03-07-08 3
           RE: A different Amanda garcor 03-07-08 4
               RE: A different Amanda Aruba 03-08-08 5
                   RE: A different Amanda Wacko Jacko 03-12-08 6
                       RE: A different Amanda krismiss2us 03-12-08 7
                           RE: A different Amanda Wacko Jacko 03-13-08 8
                               RE: A different Amanda krismiss2us 03-13-08 9
                   RE: A different Amanda beka 03-15-08 10
                       RE: A different Amanda garcor 03-15-08 11
                           RE: A different Amanda Aruba 03-15-08 13
                               RE: A different Amanda garcor 03-16-08 14
                                   RE: A different Amanda Aruba 03-16-08 15
                           RE: A different Amanda JoshInSGV 03-20-08 20
                       RE: A different Amanda Aruba 03-15-08 12
                           RE: A different Amanda JoshInSGV 03-20-08 21
                               RE: A different Amanda Aruba 03-23-08 22
                                   RE: A different Amanda JoshInSGV 04-11-08 24
                                       RE: A different Amanda iltarion 04-11-08 25
                                       RE: A different Amanda Aruba 04-11-08 26
                                           RE: A different Amanda garcor 04-12-08 27
                                               RE: A different Amanda JoshInSGV 04-18-08 28
 RE: A different Amanda smokedog 03-16-08 16
   RE: A different Amanda suzzee 03-18-08 17
       RE: A different Amanda smokedog 03-18-08 18
           RE: A different Amanda NedraSue 03-19-08 19
 RE: A different Amanda finallytyping 04-07-08 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-08, 06:03 PM (EST)
1. "RE: A different Amanda"
>"I think she is doing a great job to not offend anyone and pull her weight."

One of the problems with Amanda is her edit. Why isn't she given a confessional to tell us her new tactic so we could agree with her and root for her. I believe that each player gives an interview every day they are out there. Up to now, Amanda has given us only one confessional and it wasn't very strategic. Nothing like "I think our alliance is good until the merge but I'm keeping my eyes on Todd." She isn't part of the story except to play Ozzy's girl.

Besides the edit issue, she could be experiencing physical problems also. China ended filming in August 2007 while Micronesia started in October. She said she was a wreak after China. How well did she recover?

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-07-08, 06:56 AM (EST)
2. "RE: A different Amanda"
Still loved the position she was in up until the tribal switch - it was as strong as anyone's in the game. Have to see how fast Amanda (and Ozzy) adapt to the new teams. Voting out Troy, sorry Joel, could show that neither take seriously Cirie combining with Tracy/Chet and perhaps Ami to take out Ozzy or Amanda.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-07-08, 01:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: A different Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-08 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

Is Amanda playing the game?

Seems like she is there to bring a husband home with her. Does anyone here really see something strategic in her game?

She is lucky Joel did not go after her like Mikey B's girlfriend....can not remember her name already.

03-07-08, 07:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: A different Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-08 AT 08:44 AM (EST)

Mary.

Sure. Amanda immediately got herself into a four person alliance, flirting with the best challenge player on her tribe, helping to recruit Eliza to vote with them, while letting Parvati be the target of the other alliance. Has to be some strategy there.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-08-08, 11:15 AM (EST)
5. "RE: A different Amanda"
Perhaps I'm a bit behind the times, but IMHO sucking face on prime time TV and rolling around with a guy in a cave is a wee bit for than "flirting" in my book. But whatever you want to call it, I truly don't believe all those other occurrances you mentioned, i.e., Perv-atti skanking on James, four person alliance, recruiting Eliza, etc., were on Amanda's mind when she was "pursuing" Ozzy. The way I saw it, all those events occurred later by circumstance more than strategy.

03-12-08, 03:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: A different Amanda"
>Perhaps I'm a bit behind the
>times, but IMHO sucking face
>on prime time TV and
>rolling around with a guy
>in a cave is a
>wee bit for than "flirting"
>in my book. But whatever
>you want to call it,
>I truly don't believe all
>those other occurrances you mentioned,
>i.e., Perv-atti skanking on James,
>four person alliance, recruiting Eliza,
>etc., were on Amanda's mind
>when she was "pursuing" Ozzy.
>The way I saw it,
>all those events occurred later
>by circumstance more than strategy.
>

I am with you Aruba. I see no strategy there. She probably saw Ozzy on his orignal season and had a crush om him then. When she saw he was in her tribe she immediately went after him, not thinking of the game outcome. Unless a poster can prove to me this was her strategy I seriously doubt she was thinkng about the game. Paverti is playing a more stragetic game....she admits to advancing by flirting....she feels it will carry her in the game. Amanda, I am sorry I see no game on her part.

krismiss2us 821 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A different Amanda"
OK here I am again, though this time with a comment and sort of a question. I like Jonathan. Yeah, he's conniving, but at least he's honest about it - to a point. But here's my reason for comment/question...does anyone realize that he's an actor? Most people I talk to don't seem to realize that. Soooooooo when you take that into consideration, people should be like DUH!!! He's acting! Of course he's good at "lying".

03-13-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: A different Amanda"
>OK here I am again, though
>this time with a comment
>and sort of a question.
> I like Jonathan.
>Yeah, he's conniving, but at
>least he's honest about it
>- to a point.
>But here's my reason for
>comment/question...does anyone realize that he's
>an actor? Most people
>I talk to don't seem
>to realize that. Soooooooo
>when you take that into
>consideration, people should be like
>DUH!!! He's acting! Of
>course he's good at "lying".
>
How did we get on Jonathon? Yes, most regular watchers are aware Jonathon is an actor. He is also good tv.

krismiss2us 821 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-13-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: A different Amanda"
We got on the topic of Jonathon because i have the annoying habit of changing topics - drives my honey nuts.

Back to amanda, i didn't realize she was playing (tee hee) seems like this season you just don't hear much from her...at least not strategically.

beka 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-08, 00:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: A different Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-08 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-15-08 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-15-08 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

>Perhaps I'm a bit behind the
>times, but IMHO sucking face
>on prime time TV and
>rolling around with a guy
>in a cave is a
>wee bit for than "flirting"
>in my book. But whatever
>you want to call it,
>I truly don't believe all
>those other occurrances you mentioned,
>i.e., Perv-atti skanking on James,
>four person alliance, recruiting Eliza,
>etc., were on Amanda's mind
>when she was "pursuing" Ozzy.
>The way I saw it,
>all those events occurred later
>by circumstance more than strategy.
>

I thin kthat's completely unfair. Whose to say that Ozzie wasn't the one pursuing Amanda.. Ozzy was clearly laying on the charm the moment he met her with his whole, you know I kept my word last time.

Why are you assuming that Amanda's the one chasing Ozzy. How can you be sure that Ozzy isn't chasing after Amanda?

Frankly I think people have been really hard on Amanda/Ozzy. Both were hardnose players, both unlike Pavarti stressed that they thought an emotional connection like a dating relationship, could be your downfall in a game.

But whose to say that they both just fell for each other and couldn't help it. Ozzy and Amanda both have a lot in common. Amanda was some kind of wilderness guide, Ozzy clearly loves the wild... I don't know either one of them, but they seem to have a lot in common. That's really the kind of thing that can't be helped.

But inspite of that we can't assume that Amanda will necessarily ride Ozzy to the top. Amanda has been proven to be a player, and they reminded us of that in the first episode. She was the only Favorite who got a Strategy clip...

As for what Amanda has done.
1. Convincing James to allign with her, even though she engineered his ousting last time.
2. Helping Pavarti convince Cirie to switch their side.
3. Building a strong bond with Pavarti.

Quite frankly, Amanda also strikes me as a slow and steady kind of player. Probst said that she is the type of player who will continue to make moves to get her farther into the game. But O also suspect that she's the type of player who isn't going to make too many moves to early. If anything I felt this episode at the end of tribal council they really took pains to highlight the difference between Ozzy/Amanda. Ozzy, cocky, I'm going home. Amanda, you should never be comfortable.

They have been showing us a lot more of Amanda lately, I suspect her story is only just starting.

03-15-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A different Amanda"
For me Amanda clearly has a strategy, of placing herself at or near the center of a strong alliance, and helping to chose who is allowed into, or pushed out of the alliance. I consider this a strategy, even if its a type of thinking that she has internalized so thoroughly that it requires little conscious effort to execute. This would make her more of a social player than say Cirie.

My question is whether or not Amanda is exclusively a social player and incapable of performing well outside of a strong alliance. She struggled when having to compete against Todd/Courtney at the end of last season.

03-15-08, 02:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: A different Amanda"

>placing herself at
>or near the center of
>a strong alliance

There's a phrase for that...it's called "coattail-riding". And yes it is a strategy. More reactive than proactive.

Some fans embrace it...others loathe it. Different strokes for different folks.

03-16-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
14. "RE: A different Amanda"
Is it really "coattail-riding" if you helped create and run the group?

03-16-08, 12:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A different Amanda"
Yes it is...but depending on how involved and how much "help" you offer the group, I would not consider it UTR. An example that comes to mind is Yul and Becky from Cook Islands.

Becky rode Yul's coattails to the Finals, but Yul confided in her with his strategy and she did give her loyalty to him. Yul, ever the gentleman, did include her in his plans and even asked opinions from time to time. Everyone in the game knew she was partnered with a dominant player that season so Becky was not flying UTR.

Now you could be BOTH a coattail rider and UTR. Natalie would fall into that category. She is riding the coattails of the dominant tribe and is so far UTR everyone is STILL wondering who she is.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: A different Amanda"
I agree with you. Some people don't give Amanda enough credit. She was never considered a target last season. I believe she went to the finals without a single vote against her, despite the fact that she was good at challenges. And so far, she remains out of anyone's radar as an individual. Sure, her alliance with Ozzy, Parvati and James has been brought up multiple times. But most players have focused on Ozzy and Parvati, not on Amanda. I think it's smart for her to align herself with bigger targets than herself (like she did with Tod last season). Her mistake last season was not cutting Tod loose when the time was right.

03-15-08, 02:23 PM (EST)
12. "RE: A different Amanda"
Hi beka...Welcome to the Boards.

Sorry you think it's unfair but it's based on observation.

When Amanda and Ozzy are alone in Ep.1 Amanda says (I don't recall verbatim) "OHHHHH you're my favorite Survivor of all-time" batting her goo-goo doe eyes at him. Mr. Personality himself was all tongue-tied and then Amanda follows up something to the effect that "I'm ready for a little one-on-one."

I dunno...interperate that as you wish...sure appears to ME that Amanda was pursuing. Granted it's more sutle that Perv-ati who openly admitted in the same episode that skanking is "her only dimension".

We also had the benefit of observing Amanda and Ozzy during their respective seasons. In China, Anamda was gawking at James and Erik. She even made some "pursing" comments in her confessionals. But because she was tight in an alliance (from Day One) with a gay morman that resulted in a F3 appearance, she thought better of initiating a showmance at that point in the season.

Ozzy was never about being a horn-dog skirt-chaser, i.e., Rob Mariano or Johnny Fairplay. His character has always been provider, competing hard in the challenges, and the best water performer in the history of Survivor.

Put all those facts together, and with all due respect, I don't find my observations unfair at all.

03-20-08, 10:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: A different Amanda"

>We also had the benefit of
>observing Amanda and Ozzy during
>their respective seasons. In China,
>Anamda was gawking at James
>and Erik. She even made
>some "pursing" comments in her
>confessionals.

I believe that she mentioned that Erik was cute. I don't think that acknowledging Erik's good looks means that she was fawning over him. She obviously had no qualms voting off Erik when her alliance targeted him.

03-23-08, 06:16 AM (EST)
22. "RE: A different Amanda"
HMMMM...I don't recall her Erik confessionals verbatim, but I seem to remember her comments about Erik were a tad more than a passing remark that he was just "cute".

I do remember her confessional about James in China when he was showering during a reward. Good thing she didn't have to walk while giving the interview otherwise she probably would have tripped over her tongue.

As for voting off Erik...as I stated in my prior post...alligning herself with a gay morman from day one took the skank out of her game early. Anyway Jaime already had "dibs" on Erik. Based on Erik's answer to Jeff's question on the Reunion Show, he obviously wanted to keep his virginity a little longer.

Based on what we say in episode two this season...I don't think Amanda would have allowed that to happen. Since Amanda didn't have a chance for those reasons, and as you stated the alliance she was in targeted Erik, it made sense for her to vote Erik out.

04-11-08, 06:39 PM (EST)
24. "RE: A different Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-08 AT 06:43 PM (EST)

>
>As for voting off Erik...as I
>stated in my prior post...alligning
>herself with a gay morman
>from day one took the
>skank out of her game
>early. Anyway Jaime already had
>"dibs" on Erik. Based on
>Erik's answer to Jeff's question
>on the Reunion Show, he
>obviously wanted to keep his
>virginity a little longer.
>

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how Tod's religion or sexual orientation had anything to do with Amanda's alleged skankiness. She was also aligned with Aaron (who was a very good looking guy too) and she was never seen drooling over him. But even if she was, I don't think that makes her a bad strategist or a poor competitor. Being sexually attracted to another player and being a good competitor are not mutually exclusive. She was able to keep her alliance together and win immunity challenges in her first season. She has managed to keep herself in good graces within her original alliance and continues to avoid votes during tribal council in the current season. In my book, that takes some merit. But, we'll just agree to disagree.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-08, 10:14 PM (EST)
25. "RE: A different Amanda"
Todd being gay meant the flirting strategy wouldn't work. That is what his sexual orientation had to do with Amanda's choice of game play. He being Mormon has nothing to do with anything, but, I believe, Aruba was just employing Todd's common moniker there.
I liked Amanda's game play in China. Same as I liked Becky's in Cook Islands. I appreciate the loyal partner who influences the votes behind the scenes. However, liking Amanda's gameplay, equally to liking her body, is a waste of time. Amanda is too inept at TC to ever win this. For getting to the Finals, she might go down as one of the best. Afterall, no one has ever made two different Finals before.

>

04-11-08, 11:14 PM (EST)
26. "RE: A different Amanda"
Todd's sexual orientation (preference for men) and his religion (Mormen do not believe in premarital sex) was my rationale for Amanda not "playing" her Micronesia game in China.

Historically avoiding votes at TC can have very little to any merit. Some of the worst players in the game received few votes in their seasons because A) they were non-threats due to the pathetic players they were, and/or B) they were perfect players to take to the Final.

04-12-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
27. "RE: A different Amanda"
but avoiding votes while helping decide who stays and who goes should say something positive about your ability to play the game.

04-18-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
28. "RE: A different Amanda"
Exactly! Amanda was part of the plotting just like Tod was. They made decisions together. In fact, Amanda kept Tod in check because he was all over the map, and sometimes he overplayed his hand. Amanda's mistake was not being able to vocalize in the final TC how much she participated in the gameplay. She tried to set up Tod as the bad guy and basically handed him the $1 million dollar prize.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: A different Amanda"
I've noticed her boobs are way bigger, but she is still the same bland player. She looks great, but isn't adding to the show...yet. If she becomes a black widow at least that would make her a little more interesting.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: A different Amanda"
Did she have time for an enhancement between China & this season? Unless it's the swimsuit making the difference, a good top will do wonders for the girls, you know.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-08, 07:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: A different Amanda"
Whatever the reason, I am enjoying the scenery

NedraSue 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
19. "RE: A different Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-08 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

I think this is the FANTATIC board and not BASHER board.

The only problem that I really have with her making it to the finals is that when they all left for the taping, they knew she was one of the final 3, but not if she won or not. That alone, could keep her from getting into the top dog chair.

I do think that being in the right place and couragous enough to wrestle/pick up a small shark is impressive. I think she does a good job at providing for the team and she hasn't been one to loose the challenges.

Thanks!

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-08, 06:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: A different Amanda"
This might verge on bashing and not fanatic but I didn't want
to start a whole new Amanda thread.

In one scene last week Amanda really looked stoned. She had those
droopy Garfield eyes. I doubt she was able to smuggle stuff in without
the roadies happily confiscating it, so instead, she just looks stupid.

There, I said it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •