The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Peih Gee, First episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-07, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Peih Gee, First episode"
Maybe it was editing, but I was impressed with her. Sure, she wouldn't win any Miss Congeniality awards (as per the editing), but she did manage to pull it together to supervise the building of a hut, expose Chicken's weaknesses, and either form or join a winning alliance. Dave may have declared himself the leader, but Peih Gee seems to have actually behaved like one and pulled it off. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Sculpted by Tribe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode iltarion 09-21-07 1
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode jbug 09-21-07 5
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode Max Headroom 09-21-07 2
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Wacko Jacko 09-21-07 3
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode aquariaqueen 09-21-07 9
       RE: Peih Gee, First episode finallytyping 09-28-07 17
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode fullofgrace2470 09-21-07 4
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode michel 09-21-07 6
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode mistyrose52 09-21-07 7
       RE: Peih Gee, First episode Wacko Jacko 09-21-07 10
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Aruba 09-29-07 21
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode cipher5150 09-21-07 8
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Sues 09-21-07 11
       RE: Peih Gee, First episode iltarion 09-22-07 12
           RE: Peih Gee, First episode michel 09-22-07 14
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode Jims02 09-22-07 13
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Estee 09-22-07 15
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Colonel Zoidberg 10-02-07 22
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode Estee 09-22-07 16
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode fanfromseason1 09-28-07 18
 RE: Peih Gee, First episode Cyndimaus 09-28-07 19
   RE: Peih Gee, First episode Karchita 09-28-07 20
       RE: Peih Gee, First episode JoeGazillionaire 10-15-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-21-07, 03:25 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!

I agree. I liked PG a lot as well. She seemed to be on the outs with the less mature women, but she finally said screw it and took control anyway. And in the end, Ashley was the one on the outside of the vote. We'll see if that means anything later. Ashley probably deserved most to go, but I'm glad she is sticking around for two obvious reasons.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-07 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

***smack***

ET clarify (re the ashley comment)

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 08:02 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I thought she was the second coming of Shii Ann-- a pushy, tell-it-like-it-is kind of woman. And I'll give her credit for livening up the first episode. But we'll see how well her style plays in the long run. I hope she does well as I find her directness refreshing.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-21-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-07 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

You guys liked her? I thought she was a carbon copy of Sylvia from Fiji. She had no social skills and was bossy. Had it not been for Chicken she would've been gone. No spoiler but I expect the wrestler to heal and PG to be the next target.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-21-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Yep, I had visions of Shii-Ann.....whether they're right or wrong, it's so hard to be the first one to tell people that unless they get it together, they're all going to fail.

I tow that line almost daily....is so FFFFRRRRRUUUUUSTRATTTTTING!!!

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-28-07, 01:28 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"

so FFFFRRRRRUUUUUSTRATTTTTING!!!

Danielle?

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-07, 09:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I liked her too, and loved how she kept trying to get Chicken to answer the question. She kept calling him out on the fact that he was dancing around the question. Go Peih Gee!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Yes WJ, I saw her as Sylvia also. It will be interesting to see if it was a circumstancial alliance against Chicken or if Peih-Gee is really the leader of that alliance. I have a hard time seeing the tribe following a bossy Peih-Gee over the strong but quiet Dave especially since Zhan Hu is at a physical disadvantage.

Except for Ashley of course. I agree with Iltarion: She has big "physical advantages"!

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-21-07, 01:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
INHO, now that Chicken is gone, she is stuck in a tribe of immature, self-centered, foolish, know-it-alls, who do nothing much but dance around and act stupid most of the time.

Reality check from the storm? I doubt it. They're more concerned with the wrestler's health and welfare (both of them) to even care to do much of anything. It's like they're in another time and place, waiting for someone from another show to come along and build them a cabin, complete with running water, toilets, and beds.

I found the entire tribe, minus P.G. and Chicken (who's demise was that he was way too double-minded) the only 2 who actually had a collective brain! I'm truly hoping that they, like a few others before them, whittle themselves down to a couple, or 3, then have to merge with the almighty other tribe (already forgot their weird name-sorry!).

As a post-script-I am lovin' me some Grave Digger!!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-21-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-07 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

Misty:

I am little more willing to cut them some slack here in the beginning. Imagine yourself applying for Survivor...maybe for a couple years now. Maybe being close a couple times. When you finally get there you are just so happy to finally make it. You dance a little and soak in the moment. Time slips away some get sick because of the conditions. Some find themselves over their heads. Mistakes happen. I don't think the Wrestler and others are bad people or necessarily lazy. I think that they will get their acts together but reality had to hit them first. Keep in mind no one really wanted to be the leader....you becopme too bossy and you are out. It is not like Lost where if you step up to help your 'castaways' you get exiled. I am not sure either PG or the 'model' has the personality to be leaders..not sure anyone on this tribe has that personality. Strange cast....but you can not ask people to be what they are not. I almost think this was done on purpose...not many leader types this season. Maybe Burnett got tired of Yul's, Tom's and Earl's winning....seemed to be the pattern. Should be interesting.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
The one similarity with Sylvia and PG is when both Asian chicks open their mouths, you stratch your head and wonder what the heck they are saying?

The difference is Sylvia perplexed her tribemates with words she memorized from Oxford Unabridged Dictionary. PG does it with common words...for example, "It's most important knowing what 'what' is???" HEH??? "WHAT"???

If you want to score the lowest on a SAT test, have PG answer the verbal section and let Lisi from last season do the math portion.

WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE IDIOTS???!!!

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I liked her a lot – yes she was bossy but she was also right. She’s very smart - except for not realizing how being too bossy makes you a target.

When Ashley was complaining about her being bossy I found myself wondering if she would have made the same comment if a man had taken the lead like PG did. I have to think not. She's not a diva for nothing...

This season seems true to form with the “older” ones taking the lead and the younger ones (read: immature ones) sitting around complaining about them.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I was thinking the same thing...if a man takes the lead it seems to go over better. (ok, unless they're a complete a$$) Hopefully she really is that smart and figures out when to back off and when to step forward...

I really wish the age ratio was more balanced. Not that I don't love looking at pretty bodies, but I like the 'head' game too....

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-22-07, 02:50 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
After the debacle of Fiji, they needed pretty bodies. I appreciate it, especially the former Miss Montana and that little red number she's wearing.
Sylvia was arrogant. She was like- "I'm an architect and I'm older and you morons who don't even know words like askew should just listen to what I have to say." PG was more like- "I'm young but I'm not fitting in with that crowd because I don't have big boobs, but I'm finally so frustrated with no shelter that I don't give a damn anymore." PG is not at all like Sylvia, and I'm not sure anyone thought she was bossy except for the do-nothing Ashley.
I don't think the lack of leaders has anything to do with the casting. Remember Tom didn't want to be a leader; it was thrust upon him. And Earl was the last thing from a leader in all but the votes. The bottom-line is that these people know Survivor, and they know how hard it is to lead and win. How many of them have already said they don't want that target on their back? People are afraid to lead. Props to John and PG for stepping up.
And James is frickin huge. That guy makes Osten look like a wimp. Oh, nevermind...

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-07, 04:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Sherea was talking to Jaime just before TC and said: "My vote is between Peih-Gee, who is so bossy, and Chicken." Jaime agreed. Granted, those two were pretty much good for nothing also but it wasn't only Ashley.

And what about that loud "Yes!" with the fists pumps that Peih-Gee had when Jeff said "it seems this tribe has made its first decision". First decision? Really? What about Dave? Having 2 leaders isn't much better than having none. Having none is being like Pagong, Ulong or Raro. Having 2 can be like Samburu.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-07, 01:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I'm surprised that there's a lot of people who agree with me. Everyone I watched it with thought Peih Gee was annoying. I'm not usually the one to make this kind of observation, but what is with Survivor editing? Can't they have one woman try to take a leadership role without portraying her as bitchy and bossy?

Her whole tribe is a bunch of slackers, and the only guy who would help (Chicken) is too afraid to give an opinion. It would drive me crazy too.

I still think she's doomed in this tribe, but I like her so far.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Can't they have one woman try to take a leadership role without portraying her as bitchy and bossy?

*considers*

No. And apparently it really did a good job of spreading out from there.

Even the fictional ones got a dose.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-02-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
Can't they have one woman try to take a leadership role without portraying her as bitchy and bossy?

Hmmm...so far, all I have in the female leader department is Deena, Ami, Jolanda, Stephenie, Sylvia, and Peih-Gee.

Deena was too bossy and kind of obnoxious.
Ami was teh ebul man-hater.
Jolanda was bossy and a bee-yotch, but she was somewhat right.
Stephenie was an evil overlord.
Sylvia was bossy and didn't fit in.
Peih-Gee may be doing things right, playing the good cop to Dave's bad cop. If Zhan Hu ever gets anyone to the merge, she might go far; she's playing the "assistant coach" card very well.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-07, 04:50 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I think she was cast to be Shii Ann II: This Is My New Idea Of Subtle. As such, I hope she hangs around a while (and longer than Courtney, who's proving that a proper bash needs to drop the sneer), but I don't think she'll go much further than her counterpart.

fanfromseason1 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-28-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I liked Peih Gee as well. The second episode barely showed her so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Her tribe really annoys me though. They seem like they are somewhere else.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
It was interesting to see her leadership strategy. She definately considered herself to be one of the tribe leaders based on tribal council. But she let Dave do most of the leading. Might be a good idea since he may end up leading himself right out of the tribe if he keeps it up. (then again, maybe it was mostly his conflict with Ashley that made him look so bad)

Surfkitten sig shop

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
I think you are right. She was smart to settle into a second-in-command position because Dave sure is getting unpopular.

However, by voting our Ashley, the tribe definitely sided with him and not her. Their conflict seemed to distract everyone from PG, though, to her benefit.

JoeGazillionaire 349 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-07, 03:23 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Peih Gee, First episode"
If you were hungry, soaked, with no food, fire and shelter with a bunch of slackers as your tribemates, you'd speak up to. She probably would have kept quiet if she was on one of the Type A tribes that had all the work done... Actually, the guy I found most annoying was Chicken...I just can't stand a guy that can't give you a straight answer. As the episodes have gone on, I actually have come to like PG. I was impressed with her in challenges. She's this skinny girl and dove into the action like an NFL safety knocking bigger women into the water. She's better at challenges than Dave, the supposed model (not sure what he could possibly have modeled for since he's got man boobs)...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •