The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What's best thing to do with it"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-07, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What's best thing to do with it"
Is it better to let everyone know that you have the HII like Yule did or keep people guessing.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What's best thing to do with i... aquariaqueen 03-30-07 1
   RE: What's best thing to do with i... Ripley 03-30-07 2
       RE: What's best thing to do with i... garcor 03-30-07 3
       RE: What's best thing to do with i... aquariaqueen 03-30-07 4
 RE: What's best thing to do with i... Colonel Zoidberg 04-02-07 5
   RE: What's best thing to do with i... michel 04-02-07 6
       RE: What's best thing to do with i... garcor 04-06-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-30-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
1. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
Yau-Man can't tell anyone or his trick won't work. And Lisi has everyone helping her to find it...so....I guess it's moot.

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-07, 05:11 PM (EST)
2. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
true,I was wondering under normal circumstances.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-30-07, 08:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-07 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

My first thought is that it depends on the situation. Yul had a good reason to use it - getting Jonathan to switch tribes, giving Aitu a numbers advantage.

If you don't need to use it to save yourself or an ally, I'd be inclined to keep it secret; keep the element of surprise.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-30-07, 10:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
Cowboy had an interesting plan....too bad he didn't handle it correctly. Smoke out the one who has it!!

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-02-07, 07:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
When the idol was a land mine as it was in Cook Islands (meaning it could be played after the vote was revealed,) revealing the presence of the idol wasn't such a horrible move. People feared the idol and didn't want to sacrifice members to smoke it out - it took a Plan Voodoo to do it. Yes, they could have swung, say, Sundra, taken a 6-3 advantage, and voted out Yul, but all that would have accomplished was getting the idol out - Nate probably would have gone home. Or Jonathan. I certainly wouldn't volunteer to be the first one out after the merge just to smoke out an idol. That's why the idol was basically instant F3 - the only person who had any rational idea on how to get it out was completely misguided and presented his plan in such a way that he sounded like he's been chewing some of Frank's grass (thanks, Estee.)

The idol works differently now. All they have to do is blindside Yau-Man or give him the idea that he's going and then vote someone else, and voila - so long idol. It's easier to get out now. Plan Voodoo is completely unworkable in Fiji, given the circumstances, but it can be flushed out other ways. And if Yau-Man's opponents know he has the idol, they'll use every mind game they can to get it out one way or another. Having anyone besides Earl and maybe, and I do mean maybe, Michelle know about the idol could spell certain doom for Yau-Man.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
6. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
As with individual immunity, if you need to use the hidden idol then your game is in danger. Yul didn't have a choice, he had to show it to Jonathan to flip him. It worked only because Jonathan was a greedy player. The idol can always be flushed if you have the numbers. Even last season, Raro could've started voting out Sundra and dwindled the numbers to get the idol out without hurting the alliance. Yau-Man has the right idea: Keep the idol quiet from the ones that would vote against you and hope you never need it. Messing with the other players with the fake is also good!

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
7. "RE: What's best thing to do with it"
Having two idols in play should be interesting come merge. Three people on Ravu know who has one idol; two on Moto know who has the other. Could see Michelle being told as well.

Wonder if both idols could be played at one tribal council. Say one alliance (Earl/Yau-Man/Michelle) target Alex and the other (Alex/Edguardo/Mookie) target Earl. What happens then? If someone tosses a vote to a third person I guess that person would be out. If not is there a re-vote without the IIs?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •