The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What are these skinny women thinking???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

peppergirl54 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-10-07, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What are these skinny women thinking???"
The first woman that got booted (was it Jennifer??), looked like she weighed 98# soaking wet! And I'd say the majority of them look like they are trying out for Next Top Model, instead of Survivor!

What the heck are they thinking?? Do they NOT realize they're going to be living on coconuts, rice, and rats for the next 5 or so weeks?? I cannot believe how they'll look by then!!

If I KNEW-and they do-that I'd been chosen for a show like this, forget the outward appearance, I'd be putting on the extra pounds, just to get me through the hard times!!

Another spotlight on the obsession with skinny-ness in this country! Wait until they can't walk, run or even MOVE because they are so darned weak! GEEZ!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What are these skinny women thi... Aruba 02-10-07 1
   RE: What are these skinny women thi... Sunny_Bunny 02-11-07 2
       RE: What are these skinny women thi... michel 02-11-07 3
           RE: What are these skinny women thi... Sunny_Bunny 02-11-07 8
       RE: What are these skinny women thi... Aruba 02-11-07 4
           RE: What are these skinny women thi... Ripley 02-11-07 5
           RE: What are these skinny women thi... Snidget 02-11-07 6
               RE: What are these skinny women thi... Sunny_Bunny 02-11-07 7
                   RE: What are these skinny women thi... Ripley 02-11-07 9
                       RE: What are these skinny women thi... Sunny_Bunny 02-11-07 10
                           RE: What are these skinny women thi... michel 02-12-07 11
       RE: What are these skinny women thi... mysticwolf 02-20-07 18
           RE: What are these skinny women thi... Aruba 02-21-07 19
 RE: What are these skinny women thi... iltarion 02-12-07 12
   RE: What are these skinny women thi... LisaPles 02-15-07 13
       RE: What are these skinny women thi... iltarion 02-15-07 14
           RE: What are these skinny women thi... smallpotatoes 02-16-07 15
               RE: What are these skinny women thi... Aruba 02-17-07 16
                   RE: What are these skinny women thi... iltarion 02-18-07 17
                   RE: What are these skinny women thi... cycles2k 02-22-07 20
                       RE: What are these skinny women thi... Ripley 02-23-07 21
                           RE: What are these skinny women thi... XXL Survivor 03-01-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-10-07, 11:24 AM (EST)
1. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I hear ya Peppergirl.
If you read my post in the Love List thread you'll see I gave some kudos to women who are NOT anorexic.

As for puposely putting on extra pounds...many years ago on the E! network they ran a special on Survivor contestants.

Kathy O'Brien from Survivor 4 did just that. When she knew she was in the Finals she put on 10 extra pounds. According to her when she showed up Mark Burnett told her to lose the extra pounds or go home.

Rest assure MB and the producers have thought of every "trick" in the book. Fact is (with a few exceptions) they probably want the skinny or the single digit percent body fat outcasts just for the purpose of making it tougher for them to get thru the hard times.

"Let's go to the videotape"

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
2. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-07 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

While that was true during the early games, the "rewards" over the last few games almost ALL involved food. During the most recent game they won food at every reward challenge, even in the beginning episodes. MB figured out that hiring anorexics with big boobs who had no desire/capability of feeding themselves or building a fire was a medical lawsuit waiting to happen.

When Ra and I watched the show and saw the "next week on..." portion showing all those "poor, starving Have-nots," our first thought was "with all those snakes around, and a machete you have a limitless supply of meat!"

Shows you the difference between those who were on the original Palu game (who ate rat) and these new, handpicked, eye candy players.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
3. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Amber, Eliza, Jenn, Stephenie, Danni, Danielle: All thin women who didn't do too bad in Survivor since All-Star. I don't see Lisi having an advantage on any of these players.

10 pounds taken before the game starts won't mean much on day 30.

I don't remember everyone eating rats. We were only shown Joel, Gervase and Ramona eating them. Not exactly thin women!!

Aren't the thousands of sea snakes on exile Island? We haven't seen any at Moto or Ravu yet.

02-11-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I remember Hatch and the others eating rat in Survivor 1.

02-11-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"

>"with all
>those snakes around, and a
>machete you have a limitless
>supply of meat!"

OK it's been a while since I've been in school, and even when I was I sucked in Science; so here goes a dumb question...

I realize the poison in a snake is in it's bite, but even if you cut off the head is it possible for any poison to filter to the rest of it's body?

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Are you implying that they have plenty of snakes to eat?I've heard of people eating Rattlers.Didn't I see a goat herd on the island?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-07, 02:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I think that the poison is all in the glands in the head and even what they eat in the food doesn't get back into the body (tends to be proteins I think which would get broken down in the digestive tract).

People eat rattlesnakes, after all.

02-11-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Yes, while the head could still hurt you, the meat of the body is fine to eat fried, grilled, roasted, made into stew, or chili. My brother used to go on long hikes and climbs, and ate rattlesnake on his jaunts with his buddies in the forestry department.

Fiji sea snakes are quite docile unless really, really provoked, and while they do have venom most of the sites I've looked at said it makes you feel cramps, stiffness, or nauseas and that it doesn't kill a human who's been bitten. They are NOT like the water moccasins we all know to avoid.

This is a very long winded explanation to back up my claim that the Have-Not's DO have a source of protein if they can get past the ewwww factor.

As for the goats -- after the brouhaha over the pig, I think the producers said "no more"

02-11-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
How do you say no to a bunch of hungry people who like meat?I bet Papa Smurf likes his meat and potatoes.I could see him looking at those goats like Wile E Coyote dose the Road Runner.

02-11-07, 10:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Unfortunately, I cant remember which Survivor game had the guy who was absolutely adamant about trapping and killing a wild boar. But, when he actually did manage to capture, kill and butcher it, there was a big roar from the animal rights factions out there. And, if you notice, nobody ever went out and killed anything other than chickens (that were given to them as reward), a bat (and I think it died of natural causes, and was given a funeral), or a snake. (Although, if memory serves, Rupert did not actually kill the little snake.)

So, while Papa may look, I think the players have been told "don't touch that" LOL

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-07, 00:10 AM (EST)
11. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-07 AT 00:14 AM (EST)

Ozzy captured and Yul killed a big white bird last season.
But yes, players are told not to kill certain species. I think Jenna said that in Amazon, they were specifically told to kill only fishes but that was Brazilian laws not only Survivor laws. Forfeiting a chance at the million should be enough to cut Papa Smurf's appetite.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-07, 09:54 PM (EST)
18. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
As a long-time SCUBA diver and animal (incl. reptile) aficionado you made me curious. A few web checks of credible sites confirmed that sea snakes (at least some of them - I'd have to do more to check on this species) are edible. But, you'd have to clean them pretty carefully to ensure you avoided any toxins. I don't think I'd try it for a game show.

Most interesting thing I found that I didn't know? Some fish, like Red Snapper and Barracuda, that I'd normally think of as being quite edible, can be quite toxic when caught in waters around atolls and reefs, as opposed to in deep waters.

Learn something new every day. Thanks for arousing my curiosity.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

02-21-07, 06:52 PM (EST)
19. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Thanks mysticwolf...

You're post is pretty much what I thought. The reason I asked is because I'm a big sushi fan and I know that Fugu (a posionous blowfish) is deadly if not prepared properly. As a matter of fact most sushi restaurants don't have it on their menus because it requires a special certification.

Yea I know rattlesnake is eaten and served, but I'm sure it is prepared by a culinary chef. Certainly not the clowns they cast for Survivor, i.e., Cheering Coach, Single Mom, etc.

Given that fact as hungry as I may be, I'll would stay hungry and not take any chances.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-12-07, 01:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Sorry, but the original post to this thread is just wrong. Skinny women have excelled just fine in the game of Survivor. Ah, Jenna M, Danni B, Tina, Amber, Neleh, Danielle, Becky, Kelly, and those are just the ones that made the final show. So, yeah, putting on some pounds before going out there might be a good idea, but being trim isn't going to ruin your game either. True, a lot of petite women get booted first thing if they are perceived as being weak, but women with too much weight have been victimized for the same reason.
There have been some great posts here pointing out the fact that there are so many food rewards post-merge that no one has to worry much about starving.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-15-07, 03:18 PM (EST)
13. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I agree that if the super thin women were smart they would put some weight on before Survivor. To some of them I think it is all about looking good for the men and those first camera shots and not about being strong and healthy enough to win the game. Remember when Elizabeth (Australia?) started loosing her hair from the malnutrition?

02-15-07, 11:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Of course it is about looking good. Half these women are wannabe actresses anyway. And we appreciate it.

smallpotatoes 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Now I'm not saying this as an excuse for all of these women, but it is possible that some of them are just that naturally skinny. When I was in my late teens through mid 20's I ate a lot & never weighed more than 104 lbs. I couldn't put on weight if I had wanted to. I would eat stuff like 2 breakfast tacos for breakfast, a personal pan pizza for lunch & a big mac combo for dinner. Not to mention snacks all day & I guzzled cokes like crazy. Now, I just look at food & I gain weight, but back then I couldn't. So I would say that it's possible that a few of them couldn't, even if they wanted to.

Jaci

02-17-07, 10:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I suppose my initial post is getting overlooked.

Someone DID try to pack on the extra pounds and was told by MB himself to lose the weight or she would get booted before her season even began.

It's not a question of whether they are ABLE to...it's more a case of not being ALLOWED to.

02-18-07, 03:19 AM (EST)
17. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
No, that is a great point by Jaci. If we want to give women credit for being their natural weight, then we have to accept that being petite is natural for many. I also could not put any substantial weight on until my late twenties.
And Aruba, it is good that the big MB is looking out for us. I appreciate it! He could have cracked the whip a little harder for this cast as far as I am concerned.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-07, 04:05 AM (EST)
20. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I think that Aruba has a valid point. A number of the players are chosen as eye candy or for other entertainment value. I think Jenna M's win was as much of a surprise to MB as it was to most viewers. I doubt she would even have been on the show if she was less "fit" or less willing to undress in front of the camera.

There have been a few skinny winners, but I can't recall any eye candy winner other than Morasca.

I can, however, remember dozens of wardrobe malfunctions among attractive young women during competitions involving mud and water.

The point, if I understand it correctly, is that MB is more interested in eye candy than he is in survivability. It makes sense - he knows what sells and he is selling it.

02-23-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
21. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
I can't think of her name,but the girl on the losing tribe with the red bikini top was looking a little on the thin side already.I can't recall how thin she was before.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-07, 03:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: What are these skinny women thinking???"
Gaining weight pre-Survivor has its pluses and minuses. Sure it might make one more adaptable to a lack of food during the next 3 weeks. However, it could hurt your quickness and agility in the early challenges which would make you more susceptible to being voted off. So in my mind it's just a trade-off.

If I were going on the show my top priority would be to get in my maximum physical condition whether that meant gaining, losing, or maintaining weight.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •