The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why did the producers even bothered to build up the suspense during the TC?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-07-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why did the producers even bothered to build up the suspense during the TC?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

I mean they really wanted us to believe that Austin had a chance, and Arass was on the line. That was just stupid - it was obvious that Austin was a gonner!

Anyone who saw the previews for the upcoming episodes of the season right before the break (remember the one with someone getting taken away on the stretcher - that everyone keeps asking about), saw that during one of the highlights Terry was wrestling/fighting with Aras in the middle of the challenge.

So, obviously it could not have been Aras last night since we have not seen that challenge yet. As soon as I saw who the tribes will be voting for i knew that Austin is a gonner... Producers messed it up big time on this one!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why did the producers even both... nazpink 04-07-06 1
   RE: Why did the producers even both... MizJazmine 04-07-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-07-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Why did the producers even bothered to build up the suspense during the TC?"
I don't really remember the previews before the break and I'm glad. It did appear that Austin may have had a chance at staying as he, Terry and Sally seemed to appear to be quite confident. Either Austin knew he was going and was happy to see that a bit of a rift was caused to give his other two former tribemates more of a fighting chance or they really believed that Bruce and Danielle had gone to their side.

I'm wondering if Danielle or Bruce intend on switching sides which would cause a tie in numbers or maybe Courtney would be brought over as well, since her and Danielle seem to get along so well. Maybe Danielle or Bruce figured that it would be in their best interest to get Austin out before they switched since it insures them final four opposed to final five or six. Of course this would take some strategical thinking on their part and I'm not quite convinced that they have it in them.

I also thought that Terry should have allowed Sally to win the IC, but after thinking about it, it was better that he fought for it. If Sally had won immunity Terry would have been targeted and forced into using his II. In my opinion this wouldn't have been worth it since he would have left himself open and vulnerable, he would have had to win many IC's just to stay in the game and all for what to have a 3 to 5 ratio? Or Austin could have still gone because Aras is at least on to the fact that Terry or Austin had the idol, hence his reason for wanting to vote Sally.

This puts me onto the subject of Aras. Honestly, this guy is a thinker and seems to be well aware of what's going on but has such inability to get it out their with his alliance. The way Aras comes off to his alliance is a know it all and they do need to be handled with kid gloves, so Aras should try to present his ideas in a non pushy type of way. If Aras was smart he would take this new chance of Terry and Sally being the only two left in their alliance and the fact that they are desperate and join up with them. I think that Aras could easily pull Shane into the equation and Bruce would more than likely go along as well, just to make the numbers not as close. The woman in their alliance don't give a crap about the guys. The way they see it is keep them around for numbers and once Terry and Sally are gone start chopping the guys out of the game.

Cerie is someone in the game who is really chilling out and sitting comfortably. Aras and Shane seem to like her well, she's in with Courtney and Danielle, Bruce doesn't seem to have any issues with her and Terry and Sally wanted her to team up with them. She is basically the only one there who is well liked and everyone wants to play with and on top of that she isn't a physical threat. The other players should be keeping an eye on this one. Maybe not take her out this early but I wouldn't allow her into the final four to weazel her way into the final two. The mistake Cerie made last night was calling Aras out during TC. Aras likes Cerie and seems to trust her more than he does Danielle or Courtney so why make him feel otherwise by saying that basically Aras got the woman to help him win? Situations are sensitive in this game and something said such as that could appear as an attack especially when Aras already felt like he left too much of himself open. Stupid move on her part.

I would also like to comment on the lack of luster during the IC's. The former Casaya sure do scramble when it comes to the reward challenges but IC's they screw up. In my opinion I would think they would want someone in their alliance to win the II. I know that they have the numbers and as long as someone from their alliance doesn't betray them they will be fine but wouldn't they like the option to take out someone who is more of a threat? All I know is they had better put more effort into next week's IC because if Sally wins then they will more than likely vote for Terry but now that they know he has the idol they will have to vote off one of their own. Either they can take a chance and let Terry and Sally decide who goes while forcing Terry to use his idol or they will take out someone with lesser value in their alliance which may be Bruce.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-07-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Why did the producers even bothered to build up the suspense during the TC?"
Good post nazpink! Aras does need to chill and tone it down, but I think it might be too late for him because I think he is already a percieved threat. Cerie is the "sleeper" and she should just be quiet because she's okay right now, but Aras is one who seems to me like he doesn't forget things. Cerie's comment could really come back and bite her in the butt.

I haven't really understood why the former Casaya tribe doesn't seem to be giving their all in IC's. I think that's a stupid mistake. I also thought it was a mistake that Aras didn't pick Terry to go to Ex-I. since they knew that physically Terry is stronger than Austin. That just didn't make sense to me.

I don't know how the idol thing is gonna play out, because in truth I don't see Terry giving it to anybody. I don't think he can because he has a big bullseye on him, and in this game who can he really trust. I know there's all this talk of honor and keeping your word, but this is SURVIVOR!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •